Forums

Evergale Canyon

Jinky-KT

1 minute ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Do you use the broker to buy items? Well then you are also cheating because your buying from bots.

Do you turn up to siege? Well then you are also cheating because your faction will have hackers that could turn the tide of battle in your favor if your faction is actually working together.

Do you run instances? Well then those people may of bought things from the bots selling items on the broker making your group stronger causing you to be a byproduct of exploiting.

Cheating is a matter of perspective. Now that you know that you could be participating with someone who has cheated are you going to never play with other people? If your answer is shut up squid that logic is stupid then you sir/mam and or non binary are turning a blind eye to what cheating really is and are abusing it.   

P.S Some people have over a years worth of progression from this EC bug so these players will welcome a 14 day rest period with open arms.

Cheating is not a matter of perspective. What you said doesn't even make any sense. You can't be responsible for what other people do. They are cheating, not you.

Abusing any exploit is very different than anything you have described, specially the ones that make you progress waaaaay faster than you should for free.

Wow, Healing. That's some fancy foot work there. Don't think I have ever seen someone argue that punishing players for a clear exploit is hypocrisy because simply by logging into the game you are exploiting, too, and so also would need to be punished.

But ofc you drop that nice little cherry on top of this verbal BS sundae by saying that those exploiters have been "working" so hard on cheating that they don't care if they get a temp ban because they have sooooooooooooooo much more gear now that the darlings need a rest.

Well done. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5500563

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why we can't have nice things.

2 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Temporary ban aint gonna cut it for me. If they only do temporary bans and not remove gear I'll quit and never look back to any NCsoft title ever again. And I'll advocate against them every time I'm asked.

This is unacceptable.

Goodbye my friend!

Cyan is aware of this since at least 10 days ago, and he didn't say anything about it.

There are some honest players, but the truth is each time EC opens more and more people joins the bandwagon, probably 70 % or more of the population abused it already.

Also even the biggest whales are abusing it, i saw some with 30/2 entries lmao.

We have low population already NCsoft is not going to perma ban more than half of the server and cut their income that harshly.

So a temporary ban if the best you could get if it ever happens

10 hours ago, Reel-DN said:

Usually games find out bugs in a manner of minutes to an hour and post about them telling you NOT to exploit it or face punishment. Neither so far has been posted by NC and the community has posted topics and which have been ignored. It would be in poor taste to start banning people without acknowledging a game bug first. When 90% of your player base is abusing a bug, it's time to fix it straight away.

If you ban the players then who is going to play this game?

That is the point. And if you do not do, you will be 6 or 12 months later because this bug. So... 9_9

Similar bug in IB if you time your exit with your xform.

When the coin event dropped, I thought, "This hasn't been thought through, but at least progression is still gated behind etium." Little did I know...

AION's a game in which one's success is based almost entirely on gear, and they routinely allow this stuff to happen.  I honestly think they don't have any clue or interest in what's going on here. Which would make sense if they were profiting somehow, but I don't understand how this isn't losing them money.

I've lost interest in the game and unsubbed, but I can't deny that it's fun to log in and read about players' ingenious 'discoveries.'

It's kind of impressive, in a way.

35 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Cheating is not a matter of perspective. What you said doesn't even make any sense. You can't be responsible for what other people do. They are cheating, not you.

Abusing any exploit is very different than anything you have described, specially the ones that make you progress waaaaay faster than you should for free.

This is your perspective.

Cheating is cheating. If i get even 1 extra bundle(i did) i am as guilty as everyone else who got 1000 extra stones. It does not matter if it is way faster. It matters whether you can took it  upon yourself to get an advantage of the situation. If people start winning siege they previously could not thanks to this and you participate in that siege you are getting the spoils from this exploit. Thus you are taking advantage of those who abused the exploit to obtain faster progression than you previously got.

You openly admitted you did it and got 5-6 extra bags you are just as guilty as someone who got full T2 gear from this exploit. Why are you just as guilty? You not only did it once but you did it more than once. 

If i made 500 accounts and exploited 10m kinah 499 accounts then exploited 5 billion on the last account should they all get temp bans or should they all get perma bans or only those accounts who exploited 5bill get perma and the others get temp bans?

Ultimately you know what account does not get banned. My main account account has no attachment to these other accounts and all i did was list items on the broker and the exploited accounts bought items from me because i assumed they needed them for progression right :). In a fair system the kinah would be tracked and my main would be perma banned as well as my IP but we all know that would never happen.

Cheating is cheating and everyone has a different perspective of what consists of cheating most can wipe their hands clean so long as their account is not attached to the act of cheating itself. 

@Aly-DN I think everyone should be punished accordingly and this is a clear cut case of if you did it even 2ce you knew full well you were going in to an exploited run(first time ok Second time nah you guilty).

18 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

This is your perspective.

Cheating is cheating. If i get even 1 extra bundle(i did) i am as guilty as everyone else who got 1000 extra stones. It does not matter if it is way faster. It matters whether you can took it  upon yourself to get an advantage of the situation. If people start winning siege they previously could not thanks to this and you participate in that siege you are getting the spoils from this exploit. Thus you are taking advantage of those who abused the exploit to obtain faster progression than you previously got.

You openly admitted you did it and got 5-6 extra bags you are just as guilty as someone who got full T2 gear from this exploit. Why are you just as guilty? You not only did it once but you did it more than once. 

If i made 500 accounts and exploited 10m kinah 499 accounts then exploited 5 billion on the last account should they all get temp bans or should they all get perma bans or only those accounts who exploited 5bill get perma and the others get temp bans?

Ultimately you know what account does not get banned. My main account account has no attachment to these other accounts and all i did was list items on the broker and the exploited accounts bought items from me because i assumed they needed them for progression right :). In a fair system the kinah would be tracked and my main would be perma banned as well as my IP but we all know that would never happen.

Cheating is cheating and everyone has a different perspective of what consists of cheating most can wipe their hands clean so long as their account is not attached to the act of cheating itself. 

@Aly-DN I think everyone should be punished accordingly and this is a clear cut case of if you did it even 2ce you knew full well you were going in to an exploited run(first time ok Second time nah you guilty).

I also openly said I am guilty. What I would want is a punishment based on what you got out of it. If you promoted gear, strip that gear. If you have the items/AP, remove those. But I am almost sure that that wont happen, and that is what bothers me the most.

10 minutes ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

I also openly said I am guilty. What I would want is a punishment based on what you got out of it. If you promoted gear, strip that gear. If you have the items/AP, remove those. But I am almost sure that that wont happen, and that is what bothers me the most.

That also includes giving back AP/Frags that are not apart of this exploit as well as converting the gear back to their old gear enchant levels and enchant stones and even manastones. Since the promoted gear is the exploited item not the original gear they had previously.

After discussing potential solutions with the girlfriend, here's the fix for this that I like best:

For every bonus run acquired from the exploit, a cooldown is subtracted from that character.

So if someone exploited 20 EC runs, they would have to wait 20 open EC days (10 if Prestige) to run again. The instance window would show -20/1 or -20/2 and decrease over time. They could pay for Luna reruns, of course! With this, people who bugged it on accident are only affected for a day or two, the major exploiters get to take a much-needed break, and those who didn't spam for kicks can play catch-up.

I like this option because it's true that bans would negatively impact the already-small population, and really there is just no easy way to take away rewards that are consumables/have already been used. And I feel it's the easiest option, rather than trying to sort out who's a one-off exploiter or who got kicked without asking, which rewards have been used up or not, etc etc. Can you imagine trying to un-register cubicles? No thanks! Let's keep it simple AND fair :)

Archived