Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - September 11, 2019

Cyan

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Cyan said:
  • Xigncode will be removed from the Aion service.
    • If your Xigncode files remain in the client after the update, you can safely delete them before running the game.
  • Shugo Sweep will begin. Details will be available after the maintenance.

hahahaha man after all that time xigncode only brought problems, it is not official dissed! Pretty please. That is like a beautiful facepalm.

P.S. shugo sweep is not an event, it is a worthless cash shop gadget.

13 hours ago, OneeChanDesu-KT said:

ncwest have plans to give suport to linux?

...man, jump to the windows wagon, seriously, if you are not a coding nerd what is the point of using linux?

5 hours ago, Magistone-KT said:

This makes no sense from my POV, I wonder what's the reason/logic behind it

Well because apparently xigncode did absolutely NOTHING to abusers, while many times there were xigncode errors to legit people who could work it around.

13 hours ago, Cyan said:
    • If your Xigncode files remain in the client after the update, you can safely delete them before running the game.

The game is already full of "BOT and HACK" there is always BOT on the KT server and you do nothing ... and now this? Tell the truth, you want the game to die. just paying prestige and now they do this ... WTF

43 minutes ago, Atrasia-DN said:

Shugo Sweep dude=.=

Ahh. Yeah. It's pretty much a cash grab. Let's see what the awards are. It might actually make them loads of $$.

21 minutes ago, Motins-KT said:

The game is already full of "BOT and HACK" there is always BOT on the KT server and you do nothing ... and now this? Tell the truth, you want the game to die. just paying prestige and now they do this ... WTF

Xigncode did nothing but cost money. It didn't stop anyone from doing anything. Removing it will have zero effect.

14 hours ago, Cyan said:

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, September 11, 2019 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 11:00 CEST. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • The Alchemy event will continue for one more week.

Can we have a guide on how to do this correctly please? I went to my Program Files (x86), then my Aion folder. I'm assuming I then go to both my bin32 and bin64 folders and delete the folders within that say XignCode.... Is this the correct procedure? Don't want to delete the wrong thing!

2 minutes ago, Jinky-KT said:

Occasionally I play BDO and they have Xigncode, yet sometimes I see they have "sweeps" to ban hackers so I can only gather from that is it's a useless feature that costs them money.

And this is what I hoped we would get in Aion. But no. Apparently NCSoft just turned it on to gather data and did nothing with it. No sense in paying for a service if you aren't prepared to act on the data it gives you.

12 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

And this is what I hoped we would get in Aion. But no. Apparently NCSoft just turned it on to gather data and did nothing with it. No sense in paying for a service if you aren't prepared to act on the data it gives you.

I  doubt it gave them data, if xigncode was collecting data, wouldn't abusers already do something about it?

Just now, Arhangelos-KT said:

I  doubt it gave them data, if xigncode was collecting data, wouldn't abusers already do something about it?

Oh. They did. The paid hack programs adapted within a day of each new patch and had a way to circumvent Xigncode prior to it's release for Aion. The unpaid hackers were on their own. 

Always loved that first day after a new patch. Good times. Good times.

28 minutes ago, Jinky-KT said:

Occasionally I play BDO and they have Xigncode, yet sometimes I see they have "sweeps" to ban hackers so I can only gather from that is it's a useless feature that costs them money.

BDO have sweeps because they tell their community that is how they deal with exploits. They know if they ban people 1 by 1 the programs get updated faster so they like to let people think they are getting away with it then ban them all at once. Unfortunately this does add extra materials to the economy but overall i think it is a better system.

The key here is letting your community know you will eventually get banned if you cheat where as with Aion most know that the chances of you getting banned for cheating especially if you can involve the masses means no ban.

5 minutes ago, OneeChanDesu-KT said:

im a coding nerd @.@  u play on windows at home but i like to play on my programming note like now. i need to 28 1h for next class

If you are a coding nerd then fix your OS and make it play games. An Os that lacks the ability to do correct game rendering is not a real OS, it is more like a platform for coding.

I also am a university graduate on IT and did C++ etc, but I don't even lay a finger on linux, I didn't even install it for when i was in university. I had a live-disc that I would run only to do the weekly assignments and then close it.

1 minute ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

If you are a coding nerd then fix your OS and make it play games. An Os that lacks the ability to do correct game rendering is not a real OS, it is more like a platform for coding.

I also am a university graduate on IT and did C++ etc, but I don't even lay a finger on linux, I didn't even install it for when i was in university. I had a live-disc that would launch only to do the weekly assignments and then close it.

lots of old games need DX to work(its a winlib) but now we have vulkan, but nway lots of anticheats demand full control over the SO and linux cant allow it. nway i'll try to run it on my note now =q

@Cyan Still not one word about Evergale? Is this a bug? Working as intended? Abuse or not? So far I haven't done the EC thingie a single time, I just join premade, do my 2 runs and move on to other things. Like an idiot, it seems. So please let us know that the vastly popular EC thingie is not a bannable bug abuse, but the new normal so that the idiots too can join the EC fest, if a bit late. 

39 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I also am a university graduate on IT and did C++ etc, but I don't even lay a finger on linux, I didn't even install it for when i was in university. I had a live-disc that I would run only to do the weekly assignments and then close it.

I used a VM for any linux stuff, though I can now use my garbage laptop for it for class, too.

Like ^ said, linux is not for gaming. It's for being a super nerd or in forensics or similar shit. .-.

And, yeah, did y'all fix EC yet?

Archived