Weekly Server Maintenance - September 11, 2019

Cyan

4 minutes ago, Brutallus-DN said:

From the dice, there's 5 cards (i think it's 1 per deck or something). You need all 5 of them for that card (which means you have to spend like a lot of $ lol)

Usually it's 1 per board, but sometimes it's none so you're forced to buy a reset card and that's just for 1 card out of the 5 you need. The event will run until the 9th of October which would mean, even with perfect RNG, you physically can't obtain 5 cards from the 4 free dices- you must pay, because reset cards are neither tradeable nor brokerable (at least the dices are).

zgSnin2.png
example board with no card on it.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Capa-KT said:

Usually it's 1 per board, but sometimes it's none so you're forced to buy a reset card and that's just for 1 card out of the 5 you need. The event will run until the 9th of October which would mean, even with perfect RNG, you physically can't obtain 5 cards from the 4 free dices- you must pay, because reset cards are neither tradeable nor brokerable (at least the dices are).

*snip*

You must pay and pay a lot. Vantheria already told us that a friend got a gold card and got the kinah. So if you want the frags or the gear, you are going to have to pay tons for it.

The thing is.. people will. So the free2play or the paysome2play are going to be left in the freaking dust.

So let's see. We already had the event coins that were able to be brokered for a week which tons of people did to excess. (And now it makes sense why they put a stop to that! Can't sell chances for 1k frags when you could just level alts and get frags for free, now can you?) Then we had 3 weeks of the exploitation of EC to get free etitium. And now you have the biggest pay2win event that I have seen in the almost 10 years that I have played Aion.

I can't help but wonder.. are they trying to kill Aion? Is that the ultimate goal here?

I wonder if removing Xigncode will help fix the disconnects during Lakrum sieges I always get when the other faction zerg is near causing lag?

Also, it might be worth trying to run Aion again under Linux with Xigncode  removed as it broke that.

4 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I can't help but wonder.. are they trying to kill Aion? Is that the ultimate goal here?

I think that too. It doesn't make sense at all that the EC had gone 3 weeks unnoticed (because of course Cyan only logs for maint lol). They don't take our suggestions for events. They don't fix major bugs (example: PIN bug and Kromede's Trial). They seem SO out of touch with us that it seems (to me at least) deliberate

14 minutes ago, Brutallus-DN said:

I think that too. It doesn't make sense at all that the EC had gone 3 weeks unnoticed (because of course Cyan only logs for maint lol). They don't take our suggestions for events. They don't fix major bugs (example: PIN bug and Kromede's Trial). They seem SO out of touch with us that it seems (to me at least) deliberate

It has been like this since 4.X. 5.X was a shit show for lack of communication and going forward it has been about the same.

4 minutes ago, cinderellaxmagic-DN said:

@Cyan why is the emotion card swing dance not in bcm store instead of being as the reward for the shugo sweep haha why the emotion card not be in bcm instead that be so much better ;3? just wondering ;3

Classic double-dipping: get the impulsive to spend more money rolling golden die, then release them at a lower price later to the masses. If you don't get it on your board, you're spending 199 per board plus 70 per roll to get the emotion card. When it's all said and done, you're probably spending more than 480 NCoin (the cost of the most expensive emotion card on BCM) to get it. Even if you do get lucky, the setup is meant to encourage you to purchase NCoin. Spend, spend, spend.

12 minutes ago, cinderellaxmagic-DN said:

@Cyan why is the emotion card swing dance not in bcm store instead of being as the reward for the shugo sweep haha why the emotion card not be in bcm instead that be so much better ;3? just wondering ;3

Even worse because it's not brokerable. So if someone gets it in the event and doesn't want it, they can't even sell it.

1 hour ago, TrK-DN said:

it is possible to be MORE P2W THAN THIS?????

the gear gap between f2p users and p2w users will be absolutely insane

don't be stupid

you know the difficult to gather all the royal family cards to get a SINGLE chance of getting a SINGLE item from this loot table?

also, the rewards from the cards always used to be very good, but they're not easy to get. Not even for "p2w"

this is more like pay to RNG

1 minute ago, Kemana-KT said:

@Cheesecake-DN Thanks for replying. How do I check to see if I'm running the 32bit or the 64bit? (I'm using windows 10 btw).

If you launch Aion and pull up Task Manager and it says this after Aion, it's 32bit already:

AeZDsay.png

If it has nothing after it, try going to NCsoft/Aion/bin64 folder and rename aion.bin to aion.bin.old and then try launching Aion again and see if that fixes the crashes.

16 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:
2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Then we had 3 weeks of the exploitation of EC to get free etitium.

well first week EC gave old mats, and it became popular after ppl spreading the info here in forums, so lets say 10 days , but is not always open so, 6 days of full explotation i would say xD

I'm fairly sure the bug has existed since 6.2 (limited entries and the kicking feature must've made this bug possible), and it's been at least 6 months since some people have known about it and have been doing it quite publicly, simply never explaining why they were kicking themselves. Hence... there's been a lot more than 3 weeks of exploitation. Must be why it's a tad tricky to figure out how and whose wrists to slap.

+ the card game was more than likely planned to be as such since a while. I'm just not sure if they're aware you only need 4.5~5k fragments to finish your full gear haha

1 hour ago, Capa-KT said:

I'm fairly sure the bug has existed since 6.2 (limited entries and the kicking feature must've made this bug possible), and it's been at least 6 months since some people have known about it and have been doing it quite publicly, simply never explaining why they were kicking themselves. Hence... there's been a lot more than 3 weeks of exploitation. Must be why it's a tad tricky to figure out how and whose wrists to slap.

+ the card game was more than likely planned to be as such since a while. I'm just not sure if they're aware you only need 4.5~5k fragments to finish your full gear haha

Capa is right I seen a few people doing this much longer than 3 weeks. I had no idea what was going on at the time tho.

• Aion Team

I'm not going to comment on people speculating on the EC bug, but I can assure you that it's something the development team is, and has been aware of. 

That being said, tomorrow morning you will find new events starting to kick off the Daeva's Day celebrations. I commented earlier about issues with our website so we will have the details up as soon as possible, but in short:

1. You'll find NPCs and vendors which have shops for items and quests for free items. 
  2. You'll be able to earn 10th Anniversary Coins by defeating monsters and bosses in instances, also gained by being logged in. 
  3. The cake returns and offers drop + EXP buffs. 

Please stay tuned for the full details to come out. 

Thank you.

At the end what is the harm that this EC reset cause the community? Why can we just play the game and the instance we like all day long to progress? if they need to limit content why not created more and charge for it in form of DLC or subscription? How come you guys are defending NC potential for getting money from people that want to progress in the game. What is the different between the guy that reset 100 times with luna and the guy that reset free? Do they really use the money to created more content or where that money goes? At the end if you feel bad about doing the EC reset and got scare for a ban is ok feel good and keep playing the way. If you don't have thousand of dollar to spend on this game to reset keep going and doing your free run and prestige run. If they ban people for that we going to have a 10 people party  for a while. I know I wont get ban now lets see if we can get EC to pop with the 10 people left on the server while ban get lift. :)

3 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

If you launch Aion and pull up Task Manager and it says this after Aion, it's 32bit already:

AeZDsay.png

If it has nothing after it, try going to NCsoft/Aion/bin64 folder and rename aion.bin to aion.bin.old and then try launching Aion again and see if that fixes the crashes.

You can rename the 64bit folder too. It doesn't have to be the aion.bin file.

2 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

I used to ask to be kicked on sure loss runs. And my entry numbers didn't reset.

24 minutes ago, Cyan said:

I'm not going to comment on people speculating on the EC bug, but I can assure you that it's something the development team is, and has been aware of. 

That being said, tomorrow morning you will find new events starting to kick off the Daeva's Day celebrations. I commented earlier about issues with our website so we will have the details up as soon as possible, but in short:

1. You'll find NPCs and vendors which have shops for items and quests for free items. 
  2. You'll be able to earn 10th Anniversary Coins by defeating monsters and bosses in instances, also gained by being logged in. 

Thank you.

We are used to it. You almost never comment on anything.

We don't really care if the dev team knew about it or not, fact is you knew and didn't send any warnings or the likes. Will those people be punished or not? We deserve an answer for that question.

24 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Thank you.

Give everyone that DIDN'T take advantage of the EC bug the +20 pvp weapon that Russia got. That will probably help even out the field since most of the bug abusers are the ones that are the most geared players. 

1 minute ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

You can rename the 64bit folder too. It doesn't have to be the aion.bin file.

I used to ask to be kicked on sure loss runs. And my entry numbers didn't reset.

We are used to it. You almost never comment on anything.

We don't really care if the dev team knew about it or not, fact is you knew and didn't send any warnings or the likes. Will those people be punished or not? We deserve an answer for that question.

In the past, if you renamed the folder, it'd redownload the folder, but if you just renamed the file, it usually wouldn't redownload the file, so I always stick with renaming the file.

Archived