Aion Classic Up to version 5.8 All Maps

Valandril-DN

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 5s472C0-DN said:

their biggest mistake was 2.0 rifting. most my friends quit and never returned. 6.0 came and the new friends i made all quit. i came back in 7.0 and my friends list is all just numbers lol. ncfail really knows how to nyerk up a good thing

What was wrong with 2.0 rifting? They finally made it so people with 30/40/50e gear couldn't effectively live in the homelands and grief people all day every day because that + the grind + faction imbalances probably single-handedly sunk Aion in NA.

Hell, they even catered to the rifters by having on/off weeks with the buffs in 2.X.

Unless you had an issue with rifting into Gelk/Ing? To me, they fixed a lot of that when they made it a bannable offense to be in zone 1.

You know things are shady when

1. they add xform scrolls and make them mandatory

2. shorten the duration so you have to buy more

3. make the xforms fugly and override the appearance gear you paid for

4. charge for different scrolls so you can see your original appearance again

On 9/11/2019 at 7:45 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

What made Aion special to you? 

Lets not forget 5.X was the reason for these drastic changes in the first place, If anything it was 5.X that destroyed Aion not 6.0. Actually Aion's special feels was gone with events that allowed everyone to become better than others simply by afking. People left guilds because they wanted more time to AFK progress...LIKE WUT. Why even make a world if over 80% of your players only care about one thing fast solo orientated instances to progress faster than those doing actual instances.

Do you think, AFKing on events and Luna mission was the main characteristic of 5.8? But it didn't disappear on 6.0.,7.0, basically almost all I do on 6-7 patches is AFKing in Luna and events and sometimes start new characters and grow them to 80 because I need some new personalities. I grow them to 80 and then do nothing but visiting Luna, buying houses, go to Agrint to earn them blue statues.I like the video cut scenes in Tiamat and Beritra campaigns in Enshar. On on couple of toons I  did all campaigns in Lakrum but they didn't bring me any bright memories and there was no cut scenes (showing characters) at all.  So I was lazy to do the same on my other toons. I still remember how excited I was on campaigns in Norsvold - they were thrilling, beautiful, with flight and with gorgeous cut scenes. I did the Transcendence on almost all toons, and all campaings on some 25-26 toons, it was attractive! Building the Artifact 1 was my favourite campaign and "Prison of Silence" was my favourite quest. We could fly in Norsvold. And the main thing, we could fly in the Abyss!! On any day and any hour, just come to there and do what I want - flying freely  in a wide space, siege every day, no limitations on entering!! What do we have now? Diving siege throiugh some vortex 1 timeper week that I've never even seen? No, I want a whole and 24/7 accessible Abyss instead of this!!

54 minutes ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

Do you think, AFKing on events and Luna mission was the main characteristic of 5.8? But it didn't disappear on 6.0.,7.0, basically almost all I do on 6-7 patches is AFKing in Luna and events and sometimes start new characters and grow them to 80 because I need some new personalities. I grow them to 80 and then do nothing but visiting Luna, buying houses, go to Agrint to earn them blue statues.I like the video cut scenes in Tiamat and Beritra campaigns in Enshar. On on couple of toons I  did all campaigns in Lakrum but they didn't bring me any bright memories and there was no cut scenes (showing characters) at all.  So I was lazy to do the same on my other toons. I still remember how excited I was on campaigns in Norsvold - they were thrilling, beautiful, with flight and with gorgeous cut scenes. I did the Transcendence on almost all toons, and all campaings on some 25-26 toons, it was attractive! Building the Artifact 1 was my favourite campaign and "Prison of Silence" was my favourite quest. We could fly in Norsvold. And the main thing, we could fly in the Abyss!! On any day and any hour, just come to there and do what I want - flying freely  in a wide space, siege every day, no limitations on entering!! What do we have now? Diving siege throiugh some vortex 1 timeper week that I've never even seen? No, I want a whole and 24/7 accessible Abyss instead of this!!

You've never seen the vortex for Divine Siege? Is it that you aren't on at that time or something? It's pretty easy to find and shows on your map when it's up.

I guess the issue is that you play Aion for nostalgia. So yeah. Everything after 6.x is going to be unsatisfying for you.

Personally, I find I am busy from the moment I sit down in the evening to play until I logout to go to bed. It's Lugbugs and then Altars and then PvP instances and then fort sieges. I am trying to wedge instance runs in between all of that or try to get them done on the weekends during the day. Ofc I miss some of the old content, but after years and years of layered new content that was never removed, a total revamp of the leveling process just had to happen. There was just too many areas and too many quests with rewards that were no longer relevant to match the speed in which we level 10 years later. I can't say I agree with all the ways in which the devs have changed the game since it's release, but I can agree that leveling needed to be streamlined and made relevant to todays game.

1 hour ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

on couple of toons I  did all campaigns in Lakrum but they didn't bring me any bright memories and there was no cut scenes (showing characters) at all

Campaign quests in Demaha have cut scenes, including ones with your character.

We could fly in Norsvold. And the main thing, we could fly in the Abyss!! 

You can fly in several areas of the Demaha map.

Do you think, AFKing on events and Luna mission was the main characteristic of 5.8? But it didn't disappear on 6.0.,7.0, basically almost all I do on 6-7 patches is AFKing in Luna and events and sometimes start new characters and grow them to 80 because I need some new personalities. I grow them to 80 and then do nothing but visiting Luna, buying houses, go to Agrint to earn them blue statues.

No offense to your play style, but this sounds like a "you" problem. Like @Aly-DN, this current patch is one of the busiest we have had in a long time. I barely have time to breathe. Sieges on every single day (which I wish wasn't the case because I want to sleep lol), altars, pvp instances, lots of pve instances, daily Lugbug stuff, etc. Seriously, this is the first patch since probably 5.6 that you barely have time for 1 toon, maybe 2 if you can play several hours per day.

2 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Campaign quests in Demaha have cut scenes, including ones with your character.

You can fly in several areas of the Demaha map.

No offense to your play style, but this sounds like a "you" problem. Like @Aly-DN, this current patch is one of the busiest we have had in a long time. I barely have time to breathe. Sieges on every single day (which I wish wasn't the case because I want to sleep lol), altars, pvp instances, lots of pve instances, daily Lugbug stuff, etc. Seriously, this is the first patch since probably 5.6 that you barely have time for 1 toon, maybe 2 if you can play several hours per day.

Hmm, I don't know all this busy stuff because I sharply lost interest to the game when they removed the Abyss. I don't like ground siege, only flying one. I don't like pve instances either (never liked). I mostly liked campaigns/quests with beautiful cut scenes, sprinting quickly on beautiful mounts having enough flight time and without sacrifice to my stats for playing (Abyss jackets and pants had flight time? accessories I used Kunax or of Hope, wings were +15 and I didn't feel bad in pvp. I only went to flying sieges so I didn't need to ever change my armor, the 5.x patches were OK with it. I also played  Dredgion. On the new patch as I saw new gear without speeds and flight time I was depressed and didn't want to change the gear, but it needs working to get pvp enchanment stones etc you know, to get it good to fight others. So I gradually stopped playing Dredgion too. Also, I got more drastic problems in real life (corrupted mayor allows stupid constructors build horrible things in my city, destroy good buildings, capture citizens' territories, densifying construction, removing trees etc, I don't want a subway under my building (together with other 10000 people in several buildings in the region, nobody actually needs this line the way is projected, and we fight to be left alone and save our property. Tried to vote for our candidates to Moscow Dooma (Russia) but 15 best candidates of 45 including ours were rejected even though they collected enough signatures and I know these people and they are real. But no, the corrupted government doesn't want any changes that would make it lose control, lies are everywhere, so we went to the streets to protest against spoiling our elections and many people were repressed for that :(  You know, after all of this horror, all I want from a game is rest and pleasure, beautuful pictures and beautiful music.  And personifications of my gods and my runes to which I apply in my mind praying for help in the real life! So it's why I create many toons and simply don't know how to play only 1!

2 minutes ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

*lots of stuff*

I can understand that. 

I would suggest Guild Wars 2 to you as an alternative to Aion. The scenery is jaw-droppingly beautiful. You can play totally alone if you wish. You never have to set foot in a dungeon. You can just play and explore and do the campaign quests and farm bosses (don't have to be in group for loot) and craft decent gear. You can PvP whenever you want to. There are areas with flight as well.

Or you could try a single player game. 

Aion in it's current state isn't for you. So don't add to your stress.

3 minutes ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

sprinting quickly on beautiful mounts having enough flight time and without sacrifice to my stats for playing

I have nearly 15 minutes of flight time. +15 the current wings will give you a ton of flight time PLUS you can retune them to have an actual Flight Time stat for even more flight time.

3 minutes ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

I also played  Dredgion.

Dredgion still exists. It's every Sunday, Monday, and Thursday.

4 minutes ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

On the new patch as I saw new gear without speeds and flight time I was depressed

All gear since 6.0 has run speed on the boots and flight time on the wings. The weapons have attack/cast speed. So it's just the gloves that don't have that anymore. However, it's not needed. Get at least an ancient transform and you won't notice any difference. Most of us who have legendary transforms are attack/run speed capped.

5 minutes ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

but it needs working to get pvp enchanment stones

Enchantment stones are a bit easier to get in this current patch. You can get them from pvp instances and random quests. Also, you can do the camps in Lakrum for Genesis Crystals and then use those crystals to buy enchantment stones.

Again, not trying to rag on you, but it just sounds like you don't know anything about the current patch. It's not perfect. There are several things I'd change. However, it's not GOING to change (it's still the same in Korea and they're several patches ahead), so you can either accept it or move on. I don't mean that unkindly. Just move on if you don't like the game anymore. That's a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I can understand that. 

I would suggest Guild Wars 2 to you as an alternative to Aion. The scenery is jaw-droppingly beautiful. You can play totally alone if you wish. You never have to set foot in a dungeon. You can just play and explore and do the campaign quests and farm bosses (don't have to be in group for loot) and craft decent gear. You can PvP whenever you want to. There are areas with flight as well.

Or you could try a single player game. 

Aion in it's current state isn't for you. So don't add to your stress.

Thanks, I'll maybe try, but I already have many beautiful characters here in Aion and I like to just check them! Sometimes play. If I can create same beautiful toons in GW2 that would be interesting. I like bright juicy colors...

2 minutes ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

Thanks, I'll maybe try, but I already have many beautiful characters here in Aion and I like to just check them! Sometimes play. If I can create same beautiful toons in GW2 that would be interesting. I like bright juicy colors...

The character creator is not as good as Aion, sadly. You can do something nice looks and even more if you are willing to buy the store character changes. The armors are nice. Some better than Aion and some not so much. Dyes are handled by account and once you unlock a color, it stays unlocked for all characters to use when you wish. But the scenery is 500% more beautiful than Aion.

Oh.. I forgot to add. You can SWIM! And the underwater areas are every bit as lovely as the land areas!

Their cash shop is mostly cosmetics and stuff, too, and you can turn gold into cash shop currency and RL money into gold through their exchange system.

They have some great weapons and outfits in the game. This is one of my favorite, reasonably attainable ones:

ix47Tp7.jpg

The weapon is from an achievement collection that you can unlock. The outfit is from the cash shop. The dyes are just some of what I've accumulated over the years.

You can change outfits instantly. You can summon mounts instantly. You don't have to buy multiple copies of an outfit/armor skin. It unlocks account wide, and it's super easy to change outfits at will (armor is slightly different). The game wiki is one of the strongest sources of information on a game that I've ever seen. It has literally nearly everything you could possibly need to know on it. You never have to group or do dungeons or raids or anything, and some of the groups you do join can be more for social funsies/efficiency like a world boss train than for something super srs. You don't have to group to get loot from mobs/bosses/etc. You can craft. They just added ascended level cooking, and you can make cheesecake now.

It's a pretty good game. Go check it out. The base (core) game is free with some restrictions, but it's nice for getting a look around at things and deciding if you want to spend the $30 to unlock the two expansions (which give you gliding and mounts and stuff) and remove all restrictions from your account. Like Aly pointed out, though, keep in mind some hair colors/styles/etc are locked behind a cash shop item (that I somehow got three of for free from somewhere, so there must be something in the game that gives you them as a reward...).

Plussssssss one of the expansion zones has a metal rock concert meta event, and it's pretty dope lol.

15 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Their cash shop is mostly cosmetics and stuff, too, and you can turn gold into cash shop currency and RL money into gold through their exchange system.

They have some great weapons and outfits in the game. This is one of my favorite, reasonably attainable ones:

ix47Tp7.jpg

The weapon is from an achievement collection that you can unlock. The outfit is from the cash shop. The dyes are just some of what I've accumulated over the years.

You can change outfits instantly. You can summon mounts instantly. You don't have to buy multiple copies of an outfit/armor skin. It unlocks account wide, and it's super easy to change outfits at will (armor is slightly different). The game wiki is one of the strongest sources of information on a game that I've ever seen. It has literally nearly everything you could possibly need to know on it. You never have to group or do dungeons or raids or anything, and some of the groups you do join can be more for social funsies/efficiency like a world boss train than for something super srs. You don't have to group to get loot from mobs/bosses/etc. You can craft. They just added ascended level cooking, and you can make cheesecake now.

It's a pretty good game. Go check it out. The base (core) game is free with some restrictions, but it's nice for getting a look around at things and deciding if you want to spend the $30 to unlock the two expansions (which give you gliding and mounts and stuff) and remove all restrictions from your account. Like Aly pointed out, though, keep in mind some hair colors/styles/etc are locked behind a cash shop item (that I somehow got three of for free from somewhere, so there must be something in the game that gives you them as a reward...).

Plussssssss one of the expansion zones has a metal rock concert meta event, and it's pretty dope lol.

Thank you, I'll try. Do they fly or only glide? Have a winged screenshot?  Can I play 2 accounts on same computer? So, 4 accounts on 2 PCs? In Aion I enjoyed gathering 8 toons together for a final fertilizing of a wingfeather guestbloom, toons grouped and Chanter and Cleric's group  skills coloured them in stars and other figures. That was when  Sandboxie worked. Also I liked to gather 8 together standing with wings, standing on bikes at a Solorius Tree, 8 dancing, etc.Is there snow in Guild wars 2? Bikes?  

16 minutes ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

Thank you, I'll try. Do they fly or only glide? Have a winged screenshot?  Can I play 2 accounts on same computer? So, 4 accounts on 2 PCs? In Aion I enjoyed gathering 8 toons together for a final fertilizing of a wingfeather guestbloom, toons grouped and Chanter and Cleric's group  skills coloured them in stars and other figures. That was when  Sandboxie worked. Also I liked to gather 8 together standing with wings, standing on bikes at a Solorius Tree, 8 dancing, etc.Is there snow in Guild wars 2? Bikes?  

6LfXtTP.jpg

Glide (shitton of glider skins), snowy zones, I don't think there's a bike mount skin (yet). There's a new mount you can unlock with the second-to-latest story, and I think it's the closest thing we have to flight-flight. I haven't unlocked it, so I'm not 100% sure on mechanics.

Some skills and infusions have a graphical effect on your character.

You should be able to have multiple accounts up at one time. Someone I was doing an events train with said they had 128 accounts that they login on, not at the exact same time (2 hardcore 4 me). .-.

You glide, but in some ways it's better than flying. There is no cd on your glider. So you can drop wings, fall a bit and then pop them out again instantly to keep yourself from crashing into the ground. In the very 3 dimensional maps, there are "air spouts" that push you up, so you glide from one to the next so that you can maintain your height. Also, there are skills that you level for your glider making gliding easier and easier. (Same goes for your mounts.. skills that you level to make them more effective.)

No offense to your play style, but this sounds like a "you" problem. Like @Aly-DN, this current patch is one of the busiest we have had in a long time.

Ok, what exactly makes the patch "busy" ? As far as progress really goes, what you need to do is get the ammount of stelium for the enchantment stones, and that is not difficulty or time consumung at all, do the HM for AP, lakrum weekly quests that takes like 30 min with the maps being so empty, and as far as siege goes, you kill mobs for GP, get a few kills and then afk. the rest of the time you are having fun or really afk.

1 hour ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Ok, what exactly makes the patch "busy" ? As far as progress really goes, what you need to do is get the ammount of stelium for the enchantment stones, and that is not difficulty or time consumung at all, do the HM for AP, lakrum weekly quests that takes like 30 min with the maps being so empty, and as far as siege goes, you kill mobs for GP, get a few kills and then afk. the rest of the time you are having fun or really afk.

You only listed some items dealing with pvp, nothing about pve gear. However, perhaps you thought I was saying "busy" as a synonym for "not fun" (since you mentioned having fun). To me, being busy doesn't necessarily mean I'm not having fun.

2 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

If you like PvP, you really can't have enough stelium. It can be used like food and it gives you 150 more PvP attack. Add to that, if you don't yet have +15 tier 2 ult, you can buy more genesis crystals which can be turned into spirit frags (by way of buying weapons) with the stelium.

You may like to just "kill a few mobs" and then afk in sieges, that is again a "you" problem.

8 hours ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

Wings are actually skins of gliders, so you can't fly forever (last mount can).

You cannot play 2 accounts on the same PC (unless you use a workaround/virtual machine). Also, it's pretty useless.You can dance with your wings on a mount (actually you can't dance while mounted) only if you buy the expansions and play them until you unlock them (also the basic glider is ugly, it's a fact). Same if you want to farm mats and transfer your goods to your main account: you need to buy the game (to avoid bots). So watching your 8 characters dancing together will cost you 240$ (+ the skins).

Keep playing Aion. Please. It's cheaper.

On topic with the classic server... that last p server still makes very good numbers (>1k). Probably more than on the official one. I'm not sure anymore that there wouldn't be enough players for an official one. Although they always decrease on the long run.

You only listed some items dealing with pvp, nothing about pve gear. However, perhaps you thought I was saying "busy" as a synonym for "not fun" (since you mentioned having fun). To me, being busy doesn't necessarily mean I'm not having fun.

What I meant it was not that it wasnt fun, what I meant was, that what really makes an impact on progression is a very small part of the content that is not really that much time consuming. The rest is just time consuming with not much reward. 

If you like PvP, you really can't have enough stelium. It can be used like food and it gives you 150 more PvP attack. Add to that, if you don't yet have +15 tier 2 ult, you can buy more genesis crystals which can be turned into spirit frags (by way of buying weapons) with the stelium.

Its 300 GC for 100 stelium, not much of an impact, and a big price.

You may like to just "kill a few mobs" and then afk in sieges, that is again a "you" problem.

I didnt say anywhere its a problem. What I meant is that this is what is necessary to do to get a impacting reward, which is not much effort at all. 

Archived