Forums

Aion Classic Up to version 5.8 All Maps

Valandril-DN

On 10/7/2019 at 11:03 AM, Aly-DN said:

I can understand that. 

I would suggest Guild Wars 2 to you as an alternative to Aion. The scenery is jaw-droppingly beautiful. You can play totally alone if you wish. You never have to set foot in a dungeon. You can just play and explore and do the campaign quests and farm bosses (don't have to be in group for loot) and craft decent gear. You can PvP whenever you want to. There are areas with flight as well.

Or you could try a single player game. 

Aion in it's current state isn't for you. So don't add to your stress.

They need to make Aion Offline (like guild wars) lol, with all the maps we used to love. When they killed Verteron to Eltnen they murdered the game and the lore for early leveling. The maps also made the game the game. along with others that have since been ripped from the game. It just doesn't feel like aion online anymore. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm enjoying the RU private servers actually :)

decided to try one for the first time couple of weeks ago and the experience has been great so far!

they got 3.5 recently and thousands of people are playing!

(max lvl60, only the classic 8 classes, no gunner, sw, etc. Sarpan is the end game map)

very classic grindy experience ^^

if you are anywhere in EU and you feel nostalgic definitely give it a try xD 

they even got some koreans playing there! LOL

on NA I just log in to check what they got after they release a new patch... and that's it

I leveled up a painter... I got to demaha... I saw I can't kill any of the mobs there with the campaign quest gear and I said: "oke, I'm out... see you next patch"

I will give 7.5 a try whenever it comes out... but I highly doubt it can keep me for more than 3-4 days...

while the classic Aion... it just keeps you going... even if it's 10 years old game... 

you can definitely tell why it was so successful

(P.S you know the russians mean business when a single server can handle 5000+ people playing simultaneously on the weekends xD LOL)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Trying the game again but everyone that loved it and played with me has quit and is never coming back. You think if the staff would take notice of stuff like that. The fact that people have to find emulators to play this game they loved. And that 1000s of players are playing on the emu versions of the game . you'd think maybe NCsoft would take notes. I'd gladly pay $15 a month to play Aion Classic up to the latest version of the game with out removal of all the maps on a PVE server. Reason for PVE is there is no fun being ganked in seconds and no challlenge.

I started playing Tera Online, and they have two servers. PVE & PVP .. we've had so much fun playing it other than it crashes for those with bigger computers for lack of 64bit client otherwise the game is awesome. Again NCwest could learn something from that. The force PVP in here or PVP updates is a pain Aion Had so much content in it that friends could come in casually play together which 99% of all the maps that made aion aion are gone now. But the ganking is not a fun way to play a game specially when we are so busy with families and day jobs etc. 

I like pvp if its not ganking, there is no fun if you die from a gank in 5 seconds, there is no challenge no excitement just dead and waste of a few hours of gaming not my idea of a fun time plus I had over 285 members in our guild that left the game. Sure that's a drop in the bucket for the number of players. However on tera the PVE server has 1000s of players it is always new people every map every area you go there are people. And the the way they have their shop setup is good, I love the fact I can have a shared bank between all my characters and transfer my gold between them if I want. Aion used to have that but since last time I played the broker was nuttered, all the cash in game gone, my house gone cost 1.2 billion in game and gone while getting my computer fixed. all gone $10000s of usd spent on the game since release all gone. While I'm checking out the new update. 

I think NCwest really needs to evalulate if players are something that is important to them or if its all about the $$ we used to say that Aion was the best and last MMO to go pay to win but the new gold store, doesn't have anything really of value in it. 

I'm not trying to tell people to join tera or aion etc I'm just looking at the business model its self. Seeing as half the guys in tera also helped make aion .. I'll update my review after checking out the last two updates but so far. the game we all loved was raped in my option 

I'd say Aion Classic would be around max 3.x. After that, you could hardly say it was nearly close to how the game firstly worked. A classic server would be great, but too punishing for the new player base. Dividing the small community already into Classic/Retail would kill both Classic/Retail servers. Even tho some old players would make a comeback but it's hard to see anyone going full-time job for the game anymore.

ps: aion classic wouldn't make 5% of the money NCsoft gains from the gold mine that is 5.x +

• 1 year later...
On 9/11/2019 at 12:00 AM, Neleth-KT said:

Quest kill boss in Raksang gives kahrun coin bundles if I remember no wrong o_o
And it was a place to level to 65 if you want to avoid pvp completely in Katalam/Danaria :o

About eternal accessories I think yes it also dropping Raksang statues for housing too :P As well as gold hats xD

It did...it was a fun farm...and a good place to PvP as well...especially in the early morning and just before reset when people are trying to get their quests in.

On 6/9/2020 at 2:59 PM, GenericUser12005 said:

I'd say Aion Classic would be around max 3.x. After that, you could hardly say it was nearly close to how the game firstly worked. A classic server would be great, but too punishing for the new player base. Dividing the small community already into Classic/Retail would kill both Classic/Retail servers. Even tho some old players would make a comeback but it's hard to see anyone going full-time job for the game anymore.

ps: aion classic wouldn't make 5% of the money NCsoft gains from the gold mine that is 5.x +

you would be surprised as many of the players who have quit plans to make their return in classic.

Archived