Aion Classic Up to version 5.8 All Maps

Valandril-DN

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

.. how did you get an irl picture of me?!

My mom tells me that I am going to look beautiful once those braces come off.

9 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

fvckin dead lmao

5 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

That poor girl's hair. I thought mine was poofy.

That girl is actually pretty hot, she turned herself into this on purpose for a well known meme

Her name is Chloe Woodard

chloe-woodard-7.jpg

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...admit you are just jealous because she managed to pull of the frizzy triangular-ponytail better than everyone lucky enough to have frizzy hair like this!

I am filled with incredible envy. It's beautiful and amazing, but I am glad mine's never been that bad, even for North Carolina in the summer time!

21 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Classic WoW was made due to the movement of players from the official servers to the P-servers then people spamming the official forums with the numbers these P-servers were getting. It is a win win because either the eyes of the developer/publisher open up and they improve official game-play or you have a fun time.

Most of my community who quit Aion tried out P-servers and quit really fast because they are mostly all designed around the vision of the developer for that server.

I think the problem with aion classic p servers are mostly they're not native English servers,most if not all are RU based with minority of English players base.
I said many times that concept of PvPvE has failed nobody wanna do PvE and PvP in same time.3.0 understands this and separated PvP map and PvE map that's why 3.0 was popular.(Free 2 play can't save a patch if that patch is bad look at Korea 6.0 F2P)

Classic server is not a good idea in the long term because it will eventually run out of updates and full of bugs during old software.(See RO classic being shut down because lack of updates and old software)
I'd rather they reintroduce stuff that they deleted back to current version.Because in an online game choices are very important a game that lacking of choices like 6.0 and 7.0 is not a good one.

8 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I think the problem with aion classic p servers are mostly they're not native English servers,most if not all are RU based with minority of English players base.
I said many times that concept of PvPvE has failed nobody wanna do PvE and PvP in same time.3.0 understands this and separated PvP map and PvE map that's why 3.0 was popular.(Free 2 play can't save a patch if that patch is bad look at Korea 6.0 F2P)

Classic server is not a good idea in the long term because it will eventually run out of updates and full of bugs during old software.(See RO classic being shut down because lack of updates and old software)
I'd rather they reintroduce stuff that they deleted back to current version.Because in an online game choices are very important a game that lacking of choices like 6.0 and 7.0 is not a good one.

There has been a few NA P-servers released, None of them have ever been popular enough to warrant talking about. The reason they are not popular is due to people actually living in NA not liking Aion this is why other regions have populated P-Servers. NA Official servers were popular due to people from other regions playing in this region. 3.0 had an influx of EU/SEA and South Americans(Just to name a few) that started up during 3.0 release.

Even now on NA servers i know more players from EU than i do from America playing on the NA client.

On 9/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

I am filled with incredible envy. It's beautiful and amazing, but I am glad mine's never been that bad, even for North Carolina in the summer time!

My wife has naturally curly hair... I mean really curly and North Carolina in the summer is absolutely brutal.  Let just say in the summer suns out buns out in my household usually means some hair twisties and a wife frantically putting her hair in a bun after giving up trying to style it.  Need I mention a passing summer shower.

4 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

There has been a few NA P-servers released, None of them have ever been popular enough to warrant talking about. The reason they are not popular is due to people actually living in NA not liking Aion this is why other regions have populated P-Servers. NA Official servers were popular due to people from other regions playing in this region. 3.0 had an influx of EU/SEA and South Americans(Just to name a few) that started up during 3.0 release.

Even now on NA servers i know more players from EU than i do from America playing on the NA client.

I don't think a lot of players are from sea and oceanic(present btw),There used to be a sea p server 4.x and it die out very quickly,about EU p server I never saw one o_o
So I can't help but thinking if NA closed down and NC managing EU themselves as global server it will be profiting as much as Gameforge running ?

You know US ain't center of everything EU could be the global server too o_o
Maybe if nobody playing from NA better shut down NA and open in AU or SEA and EU instead ?                                                                                                                  

Or according to @DevilNest-KT opens a server in Dubai cause heavy wallet there xD                            

16 hours ago, Byzantius-DN said:

My wife has naturally curly hair... I mean really curly and North Carolina in the summer is absolutely brutal.  Let just say in the summer suns out buns out in my household usually means some hair twisties and a wife frantically putting her hair in a bun after giving up trying to style it.  Need I mention a passing summer shower.

I have wavy curly hair, and I've given up on having nonfrizzy hair. :( This summer has been bruuuutal hot and humid.

Just also went from a Seattle trip to Florida trip within a few days of each other, and I have regerts. Qq

Been a couple months since I chimed in on one of these threads I think. NCSoft will never launch a classic server here in the west as it failed in Korea. Now like Aly said, we don't have the population to do such a server however I do think we're looking at this kind of the wrong way. Korea clearly enjoys a vastly different type of game and play style than we do here in the west. I remember the grinds of old that most of us hated and it was still astronomically less than what Korean players endured. In any case, I think it is safe to say that the majority of players have left as a direct result of the way this game has been heading and changing in the west. The eastern model absolutely does not work here. Everyone had their line in the sand but I believe it really started to pick up steam in 4.8 when popular maps were removed and game mechanics began to change. Further updates such as 5.X and the Archdaeva system saw more players leave the game and the overhaul we saw in 6.0 and onward and further realized in 7.0 has also caused a hemorrhage of players in their own way.

I personally believe that where a "classic" server of somewhere between 3.0 and 4.7 failed in Korea due to lack of interest, it could succeed here in the west as that was around the time was when our game was quite lively. It might actually bring players back to the western game, but the problem is they'd lose A TON of the monetization opportunities modern Aion affords them so I don't see it happening even if it does run the chance of bringing people back. I subjectively believe that Aion is getting worse and worse with every update and "addition" at this point and that it's western closure is approaching. I think there are ways that can avert that but it will never be due to an eastern mother company that either doesn't care about or doesn't understand its western market (probably both) and a totally absent community liason to both our development team, NA and eastern publisher.

Personally though? I stopped seriously playing Aion around the time 5.X hit and I found myself getting two shot in PvP but with no time to grind out a set only for it to be invalidated come the next big update. I still enjoyed the story though and exploring with what few friends remain. I don't like it, but I've accepted what Aion is now. I just wish they'd allow us to return to the classic launch maps and allows cross-class armor usage / skinning again. Remove the restrictions on kinah usage and at least resurrect the trading of items and selling of them. At least it was fun to buy novelty hats and costumes.

A man can dream.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to get 5.8 version of the game and down. Transformations got tons of them never used them don't see the point in them. Gold Bars not worth it either. Nothing in the market for gold bars would ever want me to convert my funds over. THen making it so we can't trade money between our own account characters is BS as well. I'd like friends to play for the little pve content not ripped out of the game form maps deleted but most friends have left the game. :(

20 hours ago, Valandril-DN said:

It would be nice to get 5.8 version of the game and down. Transformations got tons of them never used them don't see the point in them. Gold Bars not worth it either. Nothing in the market for gold bars would ever want me to convert my funds over. THen making it so we can't trade money between our own account characters is BS as well. I'd like friends to play for the little pve content not ripped out of the game form maps deleted but most friends have left the game. :(

I know that pain and they all started jumping ship when the 4.8 - 5.x updates came along. Over half of my friends list is still a jumble of letters and numbers, people who never even came back to reclaim their names when we had the first big server merge.

2 minutes ago, Jagblade-DN said:

I know that pain and they all started jumping ship when the 4.8 - 5.x updates came along. Over half of my friends list is still a jumble of letters and numbers, people who never even came back to reclaim their names when we had the first big server merge.

I just pulled up Cheeze's FL, since she's my only character who's never transferred and still has a mostly intact list, and most of that FL is sub70 and just jumbled names. :(

None on my friend list is over level 65. There was a pretty large group of us that left at that time. Even have two level 50 on there, they were good friends back in the day. You would think Ncsoft could have seen the bleeding from 4.8 and at least tried something to stop the hemorrhage.  They were like the Doctors in the 1400's. "he's bleeding to death, put more leeches on him".

4 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Their method to stop the bleeding was to butcher the entire game and go f2p in Korea and then stand there in surprise when that doesn't work, either. .-.

It worked in Korea though, didn't it? Aion is still very successful there. NCSoft just has the same problem as Nexon in that they think they can just copy-paste everything as it is there to the west with nothing but a language translation. Changing features between the two is like pulling teeth. I mean look at what they did with City of Heroes. It was still making 4 million in gross profit per year while free to play here in the west but it totally flopped in Korea, they simply enjoy a different sort of game and play-style than westerners do. Rather than allow it to continue existing, its failure in Korea (which is the only region NCSoft really cares about) was reason enough to close down the game and lay off an ENTIRE studio with one day's notice.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, 5s472C0-DN said:

aion was better as a SUBSCRIPTION GAME with no shop. before NCFAIL became money hungry. but what do i know, ive only played since NA closed beta . . .

Aion Korea was a sub game up until 6.0. What we have had here since 2012 was a sub game bent to be f2p. What we have been experiencing since 6.0 was NCSoft's actual f2p experience. Can't say I like it very much.

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

Aion Korea was a sub game up until 6.0. What we have had here since 2012 was a sub game bent to be f2p. What we have been experiencing since 6.0 was NCSoft's actual f2p experience. Can't say I like it very much.

its been f2p since 3.0 on NA

Archived