Aion 7.0 Gearing/Starting Guide?

Merrynda-KT

I've logged in multiple times trying to find information on the gearing process/what you're supposed to do in Demaha, but I'm just completely lost on what people are supposed to be doing. Do you still gear up by going to Lakrum and doing the camps for gears, or is Demaha involved now? Is there some sort of text or video guide for new/returning players somewhere that I can read to learn what my friends and I need to be doing at 80?

5 hours ago, Merrynda-KT said:

I've logged in multiple times trying to find information on the gearing process/what you're supposed to do in Demaha, but I'm just completely lost on what people are supposed to be doing. Do you still gear up by going to Lakrum and doing the camps for gears, or is Demaha involved now? Is there some sort of text or video guide for new/returning players somewhere that I can read to learn what my friends and I need to be doing at 80?

1st Genesis Crystals:

Well here is what, you start doing weeklies and urgent order dailies (pvp daily) in Lakrum camps, those give you Genesis crystals.

In Lakrum city there are NPCs that you use genesis crystals to buy every armor/weapon/accessory/wing you need for pvp and also enchant boxes (which cost 50 gen crystals and give a random 5~10 ancient pvp/pve enchant stones).

Now you get your Tier 2 pvp items and you enchant those to +15, once +15 there is another NPC in the same room, that upgrades this ancient +15 to a legendary +0. you make the legendary to +15 and you upgrade it to an ultimate +0 and then you finally do that +15 to have end game gear.

How to upgrade:

To upgrade your items you need Abyss Points, Fighting Spirit Fragments and Etiums (legendary/ultimate).

• You get Abyss Points by doing pvp instances and if you go to Herelym Mine solo in Lakrum and go to middle route you can get a ton of AP on every run.
  • Fighting Spirit Fragments are a thing you get when you extract any pvp item, people usually craft pvp gear with aetherforging and they break those non masterwork versions.
  • Etiums are made by going to pvp instances, you get both legendary and ultimate ones. You can also get a ton of legendary etiums in Herelym Mine but you need at least 3-people in so every person takes one of the three routes, this way the rewards are better, but you have to share your Abyss Points with the rest of the group.

Enchanting:

You get pvp enchants by doing pvp instances and sieges but you can also exchange your extra genesis crystals for ancient enchants. You can upgrade your ancient enchants to legendary and then ultimate with 2 ways.

• Morphing: you need Boborunerk Coins, to get those you need to buy Boborunerk Gems and use 20m XP to transform one gem into one coin, you get the gems from Gold sand Traders pouches (5 pouches per day, each pouch contains 20 Gems, aka 100 gems per day). You need 10x ancients for 1x legendary and 5x legendaries for 1x ultimate. When you open a box there is a chance you get more than 1 enchant but also a chance to get a higher enchantment stone (like open a legendary enchant box, and you can get 1x ultimate enchant by RNG).
  • Exchanging: You can exchange those in the new map with Stellium bought supplements, 3x ancients (+mats) = 1x legendary, 5x legendary (mats) = 1x ultimate. This is not a recommended way because it needs Stellium to get those extra materials

Above post only talks about pvp gear.

For pve gear, you will need to do BoS (solo) in Lakrum and FM (3-man) in Lakrum for your new gold gear pieces once you reach level 76-80. There is also a chance to get purple gear from FM. Once you are in all of that gold gear, you can start doing IDD (6-man, Lakrum) and PF (6-man, Lakrum) for your purple gear and chances at red gear. Once you are in purple gear with a couple pieces of the red gear, you can start to do SL easy mode (6-man, Demaha) for the rest of your red gear.

Note, if you have geared friends, you can do the things I mentioned with less gear if they'll carry you. My recommendations were just for people who aren't running with geared friends.

On 14/9/2019 at 1:32 AM, Merrynda-KT said:

This is good information, thank you. So as a new player you don't go to Demaha, you just do Genesis Crystals and Instances in Lakrum?

You can go there to do quests but you do not really do much progress for your gear by being in demaha, you need genesis crystals and enchants. If you are going to do pvp do it in Lakrum for the urgent order quests

Archived