Jump to content
Spirithq-KT

Anniversary Coin every hour problem?

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Glinda-EK said:

I have had a problem like this for years.Basically, the "event" dialog gives incorrect information at times. When you first activate a character after a day or longer, the event dialog can have what I guess you'd call stale data. If you exit to character selection and connect again (after the timeout), the data will be correct. The stale data can have outrageous numbers, like mentioned above. It can also say that you can expect more rewards when you've exhausted your daily supply.

It's a bug, but exiting to character select and reconnecting seems to clear it.

i know that dialog error,its a usual error in every afk event, but isn't that, im getting 0 coins everyday in my main account, nada, nothing. i sent a ticket anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyan   

We're still investigating this and have identified there is indeed something odd going on. Once we narrow it down we'll see who has been impacted and handle them at that time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a returning player with level 67/68 characters.  I thought this event was just bugged for me but it seems you have to be level 80 to participate.  It's sad to me that an event as huge as a 10th anniversary, for any game, would limit the participation to the capped players only.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Aislynne-DN said:

I'm a returning player with level 67/68 characters.  I thought this event was just bugged for me but it seems you have to be level 80 to participate.  It's sad to me that an event as huge as a 10th anniversary, for any game, would limit the participation to the capped players only.  

I believe it's level 76. You are able to get from level 68 to level 76 in about 1 hour, 2 hours tops even for returning players who aren't sure what to do. Go to Enshar and start working on dark blue and yellow quests.

Edited by Vantheria-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
22 minutes ago, Aislynne-DN said:

I'm a returning player with level 67/68 characters.  I thought this event was just bugged for me but it seems you have to be level 80 to participate.  It's sad to me that an event as huge as a 10th anniversary, for any game, would limit the participation to the capped players only.  

Not to mention that there is an XP buff right now, you could get to 76 with one afk luna daily and the weekly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the web site about the Anniversary event:

10th Anniversary Coins

A new special coin has been minted for Aion’s 10th birthday to commemorate the festivities. You can earn these coins through multiple methods including:

Earn 1 Anniversary Coin every hour you’re logged in (up to a maximum of 5 per day, per character). Prestige Society members will earn 2 coins per hour instead of 1 (up to a maximum of 10 per day, per character)

Monsters lurking inside of the following instances will have a chance to drop an Anniversary Coin, with Prestige Society members having a higher chance to obtain them.

Infernal Drakenspire Depths

Primeth’s Forge

Frozen Monolith

Bastion of Souls

The Veilenthrone

Herelym Mine

Stellin Development Lab (Easy)

Stellin Development Lab (Normal)

 

As of now if you do not have prestige there seems to be Zero chance of getting coins. We had set loot to common so all bags would be rolled and every time we got bags ONLY the players with prestige were able to roll or see them. According to the info I copied and highlighted than this is indeed a bug is it not. I have done full BoS clears on alt accounts with no prestige and received not a single coin. So is this a 10th anniversary only to celebrate prestige accounts cause this seems a little extreme that the only way non prestige account holders have a chance at coins is simply be online or afk for 5 hours a day when it says above prestige have a higher chance but this is not the case at the moment. Can we get some clarification that this is intended? @Cyan

Edited by Euphoria-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

I have gotten bags in BoS on non-Prestige characters. Not many. I think the most I saw was 2 in four runs with complete clears. Hardly worth doing. On my Prestige characters, I get one extra bag almost every run, though not 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I have gotten bags in BoS on non-Prestige characters. Not many. I think the most I saw was 2 in four runs with complete clears. Hardly worth doing. On my Prestige characters, I get one extra bag almost every run, though not 100%.

Really? I've done 4 BoS full clear nothing with a non prestige account then we did pf with a full group where 3 had prestige and 3 didn't and when a coin bag was looted the 3 non prestige could not roll multiple times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
26 minutes ago, Euphoria-DN said:

Really? I've done 4 BoS full clear nothing with a non prestige account then we did pf with a full group where 3 had prestige and 3 didn't and when a coin bag was looted the 3 non prestige could not roll multiple times.

I just did two complete clears with two non-prestige characters. That's 8 runs. I got one bag in 8 runs. So they still do drop. The drop rate is just awful though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lapis-DN   

I've never got a single anniversary coin on my non-prestige characters. The chances are near (if not) zero. lel

On my 7-day trial prestige characters i've got more than one in some instances

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mac-DN   

Have only rec'd one coin update on one toon since this whole thing started.  Though hours spent as a prestige player some have gotten nothing so for me this pretty much was a bust.   Sadly on the ones that I only got 1 coin, that 1 coin is worthless.   Now if everything in this new game concept wasn't all bound to your character instead of your account only things would be a whole lot better.    This concept is most likely the worst I have ever seen in any game mechanic.   I understand the need to eliminate botting but this is a bit extreme.   Can't even swap kinah, weapons. armor or consumable unless you buy them on the BCM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
6 minutes ago, Mac-DN said:

Have only rec'd one coin update on one toon since this whole thing started.  Though hours spent as a prestige player some have gotten nothing so for me this pretty much was a bust.   Sadly on the ones that I only got 1 coin, that 1 coin is worthless.   Now if everything in this new game concept wasn't all bound to your character instead of your account only things would be a whole lot better.    This concept is most likely the worst I have ever seen in any game mechanic.   I understand the need to eliminate botting but this is a bit extreme.   Can't even swap kinah, weapons. armor or consumable unless you buy them on the BCM.

You got one coin as compensation for not receiving coins during the bugged period? The smallest amount for the bug you could get was 10. Not sure how you only got one in your mail. That's weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×