Forums

Evergale Canyon Real Update

MechEagIe-DN

Just now, Ymad-DN said:

I just hope whatever action is taken doesn't put a serious dent into the player base.

If they're smart, it should be fine. We know at the end, the abuse was rampant. But only a select few took that abuse to extremes.

Much like they did with that free-instance-entries things back in 5.whatever, I hope they make a chart with levels of abuse. People with mild abuse would get a slap on the wrist and a single day ban. While the kings and queens of abuse would have their gear stripped. 

100% some people will quit even if they have get that single day ban, but at least the player base would feel more confident that the staff is actually paying attention and care about the health of the game.

But who really knows what the staff will do. It's going to take a brass set to actually punish someone who abused the hell out of this if they actually spend big money.

It will be interesting.

11 hours ago, Lubeless-DN said:

How bad is your life if you need to cheat in a video game to get pixels.....lmao

I don't understand the first sentence.  If you gain something of value through deceptive means, thats fraud.  I know there are upgrade materials and AP that are of value in the PvP instances.  Isn't that why we run them?  If you hold 2 of 3 or 2 of 6 positions on the other team, are you not gaining something of value through deceptive means?  In effect you are hurting everyone through fixing the other team and gaining the materials and AP through fraud.

P2w gets thrown around a lot.  Only thing I've seen recently that I would consider p2w is this shugo board game.  I saw a streamer have about $1k USD worth of stuff in his bags.  Can't combat that with the way the gaming industry has gone with micro transactions.  I bet NCWest actually makes more profit off a f2p game with micro transactions than they did with the subscription system.

Teaming with your alts means that you make a 6-man premade alt enemy group to play against, you have to apply at the same time and you have to get an entry at the exact same time so you know you are teamed with your own alts. Plenty of times you might get an entry but not on your main group and your alt group at the same time so people would have to pass... passing on that game gives a free win to the enemy group that got teamed against you. Because that team will get in, but you won't because you passed and are ready to re-apply hoping to get teamed with your main.

I know this because in AD we entered the other time, one rank 1 character was in the enemy list and he then left the game... that was a spy to see who we were, eventually their group didn't even enter and we had a free easy run. Which defo didn't hurt me that someone else was trying to team himself with his alts and gave me a free run.

10 hours ago, Ymad-DN said:

I just hope whatever action is taken doesn't put a serious dent into the player base.

The best thing they can do is see how many extra runs people did and charge the luna they would have to use. nobody would get a ban, those who did 30 EC runs will have to pay for those with luna, if their account doesn't have enough luna for all the entries they abused, the luna currency should go to a minus number. So if they buy luna it will eventually pay off either by luna crafting or by buying it.

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Teaming with your alts means that you make a 6-man premade alt enemy group to play against, you have to apply at the same time and you have to get an entry at the exact same time so you know you are teamed with your own alts. Plenty of times you might get an entry but not on your main group and your alt group at the same time so people would have to pass... passing on that game gives a free win to the enemy group that got teamed against you. Because that team will get in, but you won't because you passed and are ready to re-apply hoping to get teamed with your main.

I know this because in AD we entered the other time, one rank 1 character was in the enemy list and he then left the game... that was a spy to see who we were, eventually their group didn't even enter and we had a free easy run. Which defo didn't hurt me that someone else was trying to team himself with his alts and gave me a free run.

The best thing they can do is see how many extra runs people did and charge the luna they would have to use. nobody would get a ban, those who did 30 EC runs will have to pay for those with luna, if their account doesn't have enough luna for all the entries they abused, the luna currency should go to a minus number. So if they buy luna it will eventually pay off either by luna crafting or by buying it.

That's an interesting idea. I wonder if it's feasible? It would depend if luna can go negative.

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

That's an interesting idea. I wonder if it's feasible? It would depend if luna can go negative.

Exactly... this way effectively nobody cheated, because they simply got a loan to get the entries that they will have to pay later. I am sure the GMs are so bombarded with nonsense that constructive suggestions like this will never reach their eyes. Lets hope they actually figure this out themselves and as you said lets hope luna currency can go minus.

OR even better, have the luna deducted if they have enough luna, also deduct NC coin if necessary... AND if they still are not enough, disable the accounts and give them a notice they owe the company XX amount of NC coin to get their accounts back.

If anyone quits because of this, bye Felicia!

30 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I don't think anything personalized will happen. NCsoft doesn't have the manpower to individually review every person's gaming history regarding if/how often they abused the EC bug. I mean I'd like them to prove me wrong, but I just don't think their one employee has the time to do that.

They did with the instance-entry thing from 5.whatever. Somehow they came up with a list of how many "extra" entries people did and then fit them into a category or level of abuse. Punishments were given by what level you fit into. So if you only did one extra run, you might not have gotten into trouble at all. If you did 10 extra runs, you might have gotten a single day ban. If you did 50 extra runs, you were banned for a week. Those are examples. I don't think we ever knew the exact levels they used for the punishments for that, but you get the idea.

It's probably not -easy-. But they do have records of everything we do in game. Do you remember when the enchantment rates were wrong? And they gave everyone who tried to enchant a certain number of enchantment stones. I got those on several characters to several different degrees. So there was some type of formula. Pretty sure they can create a report that tells them how many ECs each character ran in a certain period of time. If they check to see if the spent any luna in that same period, they will find out who abused the bug and by how much.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

They did with the instance-entry thing from 5.whatever. Somehow they came up with a list of how many "extra" entries people did and then fit them into a category or level of abuse. Punishments were given by what level you fit into. So if you only did one extra run, you might not have gotten into trouble at all. If you did 10 extra runs, you might have gotten a single day ban. If you did 50 extra runs, you were banned for a week. Those are examples. I don't think we ever knew the exact levels they used for the punishments for that, but you get the idea.

It's probably not -easy-. But they do have records of everything we do in game. Do you remember when the enchantment rates were wrong? And they gave everyone who tried to enchant a certain number of enchantment stones. I got those on several characters to several different degrees. So there was some type of formula. Pretty sure they can create a report that tells them how many ECs each character ran in a certain period of time. If they check to see if the spent any luna in that same period, they will find out who abused the bug and by how much.

All true. I guess we'll see!

10 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I don't think anything personalized will happen. NCsoft doesn't have the manpower to individually review every person's gaming history regarding if/how often they abused the EC bug. I mean I'd like them to prove me wrong, but I just don't think their one employee has the time to do that.

They will have to run a single script that checks the logs and decides whether something was done or not. It is not like they would ever go through one char at a time to do so.

15 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Exactly... this way effectively nobody cheated, because they simply got a loan to get the entries that they will have to pay later. I am sure the GMs are so bombarded with nonsense that constructive suggestions like this will never reach their eyes. Lets hope they actually figure this out themselves and as you said lets hope luna currency can go minus.

OR even better, have the luna deducted if they have enough luna, also deduct NC coin if necessary... AND if they still are not enough, disable the accounts and give them a notice they owe the company XX amount of NC coin to get their accounts back.

If anyone quits because of this, bye Felicia!

I do not see either of these two proposals would be keen for business.  In a game that has a lower population than most, NCwest can't afford to lose anymore players.  Plus making luna go negative is easy to avert, don't buy or make luna. 

Holding an account hostage is probably the extreme of the situation.  Are they going to be sending the outstanding balances to collections if one does not pay?  Bad bad idea for any video game company hoping to keep and expand their foothold in the gaming market.

Just ask the Korean Devs to remove the kick option since NA Ncsoft cant do it themselves and bring it back!

How should the exploiters get punished? I dont know maybe ban all their characters or specific main one from entering EC from that account for a while, after they bring EC back...

9 hours ago, Ymad-DN said:

I do not see either of these two proposals would be keen for business.  In a game that has a lower population than most, NCwest can't afford to lose anymore players.  Plus making luna go negative is easy to avert, don't buy or make luna. 

Holding an account hostage is probably the extreme of the situation.  Are they going to be sending the outstanding balances to collections if one does not pay?  Bad bad idea for any video game company hoping to keep and expand their foothold in the gaming market.

...deducting luna and making it negative means you will never be able to selectively retune or use luna to enter in any instance until you buy them or craft them slowly like everyone does. You can craft 20 luna per day per character in your account and if you have 12 chars that is 240 luna per day which equals pay for 4 basic entries on EC (because luna entry gets progressively more expensive on one day and resets every day),

As I said those that would have negative luna would either have to pay for it or hold their extra entries until the luna they craft is getting positive number again. This isn't even a punishment, because if someone did 30 entries in EC he should somehow have the luna for it, either by paying or by slowly making luna via the daily instance.

Holding the account in jail until you pay for the abuse is not really that extreme, because someone might have done like 50 entries, and they could get a perma ban. This was an idea IF the luna cannot get a negative number.

It is funny how you didn't propose anything for those who abused the system and you think they are those that hold the game, if nothing happens to the abusers then the legit people would have to quit, think about those that actually PAID to get extra entries, they should stop paying this game if abusers get nothing... and as you said:

9 hours ago, Ymad-DN said:

NCwest can't afford to lose anymore players.

Archived