Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Arhangelos-KT

T2 Aetherforging crafting, so hard!

Recommended Posts

Guys, isn't it way too hard to even hit the craft button on T2 aetherforging items?

The biggest problem is not only that most mobs drop nothing so there is a scarcity with mats, but to get titania ores you need stellium and that thing is hard to get. The problem is really not the amount of work you will put, but the fact you will need to craft 100 ancient items, hoping 20 of them to be masterwork ancient, so you upgrade craft those hoping like 5 of them to be legendary masterwork and end up with 0 masterwork ultimates and in this case the game simply failed miserably because pve gear is useless when not masterwork.

...a friend of mine does a trick, but there is no way am I going to get SO MUCH dedication just for aetherfailing. He is taking alts to do the easy stellium quests, he then uses those stelliums to get extractors, aethertap titania ore and then trade them to main or sell them for a good penny. But that itself required a ton of effort to have extra characters with high essencetaping and a ton of time doing stellium quests on them. And all that because aetherforging became super stupid now.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fewer mobs drop loots now and the new recipes that require aethertapping titania ores, is a pain in the a$$. And on top of that you have RNG proc rates. Aetherforging for T2 is not even existent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, since I found out about this I gave up on making my Vandal in full crafted armor. I now craft ancient 6.0 gear to get spirits only. Aiming for Genesis gear is easier than crafted, go figure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

Yeah, since I found out about this I gave up on making my Vandal in full crafted armor. I now craft ancient 6.0 gear to get spirits only. Aiming for Genesis gear is easier than crafted, go figure!

Exactly, genesis gear is streamlined, aetherforged items are not the best and are like 10 times harder to obtain. And pve items wouldn't hurt but at the cost they are, they are a big no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to craft gear a lot in 6.x but since 7.0 destroyed that idea with the level of difficulty.  Not to mention you have to spend AP to buy some of the poison you need well.  I'm done with crafting now and there is no longer any valid point to doing it.  fragments yea but with the new gear and AP not worth that even

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/9/2019 at 2:53 PM, KonkersGG-EK said:

Yeah, since I found out about this I gave up on making my Vandal in full crafted armor. I now craft ancient 6.0 gear to get spirits only. Aiming for Genesis gear is easier than crafted, go figure!

Exactly, to craft one ancient weapon you need

  • 6x ancient alcemiums, currently at 450k each
  • 24x ancient weapon magic stones, which need 72x ancient magic crystals, currently at about 95k each
  • 24x ancient cold titania, which need 24x ancient titania gemstones, currently at about 680k each
  • Total= 25.860.000 for one ancient craft

For legendaries:

  • 12x legendary alcemiums, currently about 200k each
  • 48x legendary weapon magic stones, which need 144x legendary magic crystals, currently at about 310k each
  • 48x legendary cold titania, which needs 48 legendary titania gemstones, currently at about 350k each
  • Total=63.840.000 for one legendary craft

For ultimates:

  • 24x ultimate alcemiums, currently about 50k each
  • 96x ultimate weapon magic stones, which need 144x ultimate magic crystals, currently at about 400k each
  • 96x ultimate cold titania, which needs 48 ultimate titania gemstones, currently at about 1,5m each, yes and there are not even enough on broker to even hit a craft. Reason is essencetapping titania ores is also RNG on what you get and as long as they require stellium to harvest, titania gemstones will be expensive no matter what
  • Total=202.800.000 for one ultimate craft

If the chances are 20% to proc (my chances are usually less than that), then you need to craft
125x ancient weapons, so 20% of them (aka 25) of them will be ancient masterwork.
25x legendary weapons, so 20% of them (aka 5) of them will be legendary masterwork
5x ultimate ones, 20% (aka 1) of them will be ultimate masterwork.

Then the total would be like: 5.842.500.000 for one weapon.

(If the prices go halfway down, then this would still be 2.921.250.000 for one weapon. If they prices go even further down to 1/3 this would still be 1.947.500.000 per weapon)

EDIT: If I made any mistake on the calculations correct me, and if you think the prices do not reflect anything, they reflect the effort,if one ultimate titania gemstone costs 1,5m on broker that means it is drop dead hard to get. Prices reflect the economy and how much of each item is available and why is the availability so low.

Effectively, instead of trying to craft one ultimate masterwork weapon think that you could have sold the mats for the above prices.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/9/2019 at 3:27 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:
  • 96x ultimate cold titania, which needs 48 ultimate titania gemstones, currently at about 1,5m each, yes and there are not even enough on broker to even hit a craft. Reason is essencetapping titania ores is also RNG on what you get and as long as they require stellium to harvest, titania gemstones will be expensive no matter what

correction 96x, and the calculation was down with 96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Failed PvP crafting gear have broker value due to their ability to be extracted into Fighting Spirit Fragments. You can recover some of the total crafting cost by selling failed PvP crafts on the broker.

Also NPC-bought materials cost kinah too, so consider that into your calculations.

On KT-Elyos, searching for "conqueror" yielded a vast majority of T1 PvP gear on the broker being ancient masterwork. That means too many people haven't leveled their aetherforging past 100...

Edited by TheSecretCowLeve-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Failed PvP crafting gear have broker value due to their ability to be extracted into Fighting Spirit Fragments. You can recover some of the total crafting cost by selling failed PvP crafts on the broker.

Also NPC-bought materials cost kinah too, so consider that into your calculations.

But nobody will bother to craft T2 pvp gear for the spirit fragments because you can craft T1 with much less cost, now I am not sure if there is a difference between tiers in spirit fragment amount on extraction which should be taken into consideration, but cost wise these are the current differences.

The T1 and T2 recipes have a minor difference in the same mats with the big most important difference being the titania gemstones that doesn't exist in T1 recipes, which is what real contributes to the extreme price.

  • T1 weapon = 6 alcemiums + 15 ancient weapon codex (aka 75 guiding stones + 75 ancient weapon scrolls)
  • T2 weapon = 6 alcemiums + 24 ancient weapon magic stones (aka 72 ancient stones + 72 ancient weapon scrolls, 3 less than T1) + 24 ancient cold titania ( aka 24 Titania gemstones + 24 cold acidic agent)

If we take the above examples for gathered materials on broker and we add the mats on NPC these are the results.
T1 cost (gathered + NPC mats) = 7.642.950 kinah
T2 Cost (gathered + NPC mats) = 26.440.104 kinah
T2 = 3,5x T1 in materials cost at the moment, so unless it gives 3,5x the spirit fragments, it is a big waste.

BUT crafting pvp gear hoping to get ultimate noble T2 gear to wear is not really a good option, getting the best pvp gear with genesis is more streamlined and will end up needing much less effort and money.

41 minutes ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

On KT-Elyos, searching for "conqueror" yielded a vast majority of T1 PvP gear on the broker being ancient masterwork. That means too many people haven't leveled their aetherforging past 100...

I do not even upgrade my ancient masterwork T1 to legendary T1 myself either, while I have lvl 300 aetherforging, it is just the legendary craft mats are much more expensive now because not many mobs drop mats anymore so it is kinda less productive to upgrade them to legendary to break them for more spirit fragments because it might cost more per fragment in the end (I haven't calculated it precisely to be honest), you either better break even ancient masterwork, or try to sell those to those poor unfortunate souls that haven't checked it no longer worth upgrading those.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People crafting for T2 gear are mainly going for the ultimate T2 PvE weapon, where none of them are currently available as instance drops (should be available in 7.2). And all the poor failure PvE gear are showing up on the broker...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

People crafting for T2 gear are mainly going for the ultimate T2 PvE weapon, where none of them are currently available as instance drops (should be available in 7.2). And all the poor failure PvE gear are showing up on the broker...

PvE extraction doesn't give spirit fragments, so any failed item is an even bigger kinah waste. My example for prices in the craft above was addressing this, this is why I made the example for weapon because the only thing worth crafting is the T2 pve ultimate noble weapon.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 things killed crafting, and those two things are:

Bots are absent, because drops are absent. They kept mats priced down so everyone could craft.

GC is easier to get and also prices for GC weapons are down. You don't really need to craft if you can promote your weapons without it.

Perhaps something will change in future updates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

2 things killed crafting, and those two things are:

Bots are absent, because drops are absent. They kept mats priced down so everyone could craft.

GC is easier to get and also prices for GC weapons are down. You don't really need to craft if you can promote your weapons without it.

Perhaps something will change in future updates.

 

But we want the pve weapon not the pvp one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But we want the pve weapon not the pvp one.

Well, you would be able to get much easier if it there were plenty of bots farming materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Well, you would be able to get much easier if it there were plenty of bots farming materials.

Of course 24/7 farmers flood the market with good, but still that titania gemstone needs stellium to be gathered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Of course 24/7 farmers flood the market with good, but still that titania gemstone needs stellium to be gathered.

That would drive up the demand of Titania gemstones and increase their market prices even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×