Forums

How do I completely remove Xigncode and all its traces?

Miles-KT

So now that xigncode has been removed (as a lot of us suspected it would eventually... xigncode is useless garbage and people bypassed it soon after it was used for multiple games including Aion) how do I remove it completely from my pc? I ask because even after I deleted the files I found some unwanted leftovers while doing a sweep on my PC. I don't want this garbage on my pc now that it's not being used for Aion.

I found this old thread from another game it was used on: 

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/446453/xigncode3-remains-on-your-pc-after-black-desert-client-uninstall-easy-uninstall-procedure

When I searched for "xhunter" on my pc it was still there even after I had deleted any files/registry keys with the name "Xigncode" in it.

Anyone experienced can help me with this? Any other specific files / registry keys or whatever to remove?

Yeah I ran into this same issue and put this together from reading other games forums to find hopefully the right way:

To remove xigncode (win10 for me idk if it will be the same for all): in your Aion folder look for a folder named xigncode (delete it) - in your windows folder look for a file named xhunter1.sys (delete it) - Then if you are comfortable with regedit, open it with admin rights [Windows Key then start typing registry editor and right click the registry editor icon and run as admin] and search for xhunter key (delete it, the system will ask you if you are sure you want to delete the xhunter key and all of its sub keys click yes.) Don't delete anything else! and reboot.

1 hour ago, Miles-KT said:

So now that xigncode has been removed (as a lot of us suspected it would eventually... xigncode is useless garbage and people bypassed it soon after it was used for multiple games including Aion) how do I remove it completely from my pc? I ask because even after I deleted the files I found some unwanted leftovers while doing a sweep on my PC. I don't want this garbage on my pc now that it's not being used for Aion.

I found this old thread from another game it was used on: 

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/446453/xigncode3-remains-on-your-pc-after-black-desert-client-uninstall-easy-uninstall-procedure

When I searched for "xhunter" on my pc it was still there even after I had deleted any files/registry keys with the name "Xigncode" in it.

Anyone experienced can help me with this? Any other specific files / registry keys or whatever to remove?

Sorry for double post, it seems you looked for the wrong reg key, the link you posted gave the right directions at least as far as I have found.

7 hours ago, BlueMax-DN said:

Yeah I ran into this same issue and put this together from reading other games forums to find hopefully the right way:

To remove xigncode (win10 for me idk if it will be the same for all): in your Aion folder look for a folder named xigncode (delete it) - in your windows folder look for a file named xhunter1.sys (delete it) - Then if you are comfortable with regedit, open it with admin rights [Windows Key then start typing registry editor and right click the registry editor icon and run as admin] and search for xhunter key (delete it, the system will ask you if you are sure you want to delete the xhunter key and all of its sub keys click yes.) Don't delete anything else! and reboot.

Sorry for double post, it seems you looked for the wrong reg key, the link you posted gave the right directions at least as far as I have found.

Thank you! I went ahead and deleted the 'xhunter' stuff as well as any files with 'xigncode' in them, just wondering at this point if there's any other related files/reg edits to do besides 'xigncode' and 'xhunter'.

Sucks that we have to manually delete it this way. 

Archived