Player Created Legions

GenericUser3777

I like that we have legions and we get to name them and pick who gets to be in them et cetera, but currently our legions are based entirely on power-playing and who knows the game mechanics. I don't have anything specific in mind yet but I think a good direction to go in would be to make legions more role-play based. I know, that sounds awful but currently our legions are only getting in each other's way. Say one legion flips an arty, or takes a camp no other legion can activate the artifact. If a non-legion player takes a camp or arty anyone of the same race can activate the artifact. That's a point of contention. I'd like to see legions go in a different direction. Class-based legions, legions where all the members specialize in a certain weapon, name-based legions, legions that are themed aesthetically rather than just finding a legion with a leader who knows the mechanics and obeying his/her every order. That's too much like a nine-to-five job at The Home Depot. LOL. This would encourage role-play and let players explore what it's like to be someone else and at least in this way the game would be more than just a big calculator that adds, subtracts, and does greater than and less than. 

If that is the sort of legion you want, then create it. Other like-minded players will join it.

But don't remove the choice from other players. There is nothing wrong with joining a legion that has a leader who knows what they are doing. In fact I can think of many reasons why being in a legion like that would be comforting. And I can think of a million reasons to not be in a legion that only takes clerics or only takes characters with white hair and blue eyes. But that's me and not you.

Embrace our differences rather than condemn others for not thinking just like you.

But why is this in "suggestion" section. It should be in legion section because what you are asking here is people to follow your scheme about legion forming and even worse you are saying "I want to see people doing this and that", why would you want to see people doing these things, that sounds like those SJW/liberals/communists having an opinion on how others live their lives.

The "suggestion" is when you are trying to make a change in game mechanics in a way to allow for more things or restrict others. What you are asking here is not mechanics related, by player related.

As others stated above, do the legion you want and if people want to join they will do so

And finally I'll have to be the Aly in the room and say "we don't have enough players" and the legion content is so strong in demaha that many legions are even merging to help the faction more.

~~

The only suggestion I would take is the artifact activation should always be faction based, it is stupid if a person without a legion takes the artifact, then the whole faction can activate it while if someone from a legion takes it, only that legion can, which is limiting.

Wow, a lot of feedback with a lot of things that would get in the way that I didn't think of. A lot of rude people, too. I thought maybe automatic uniforms but then almost everyone is in a legion so almost everyone would have one on. Let's flip the script, what would any of you do different to the legion system?

I wouldn't do a thing.

The system we have right now allows free choice, which is something all gamers want. Like minded people can come together and play the game within a legion. Those legions can be centered around how their members are comfortable playing this game. Roleplayers join roleplay legions. PvPers join PvP legions. PvEers join PvE legion. Players that play a mixed game join legions that center on all aspects of the game. Players that are just looking for fun people to talk to and care little about how the game is played join social legions. Some legions are made up of real life friends. Some people create a legion that only they and their alts are in. I don't see anything wrong with the system as it is. Seems pretty perfect to me.

10 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I mean, the system as it is right now seems pretty standard to any other game I've played, and I've been pretty cool with it. I do like GW2's system where (from what I understand,l the only guilds I've been in are my own) you can be in multiple guilds and just switch what one you're representing and stuff.

Yes. That's true. So you can go through your online time and switch who you represent as often as you like.

• 3 weeks later...

NO, no, wait...

I knew something about legions was bothering me. Apparently, the conquering legion in Lakrum gets to purchase Legendary Enchantment Stones from a vendor inside. You do realize that if someone with no legion conquers Lakrum Fortress then everyone with legion coins will be able to buy Legendary PVP Enchantment Stones.

12 hours ago, Avulcron-KT said:

Apparently, the conquering legion in Lakrum gets to purchase Legendary Enchantment Stones from a vendor inside.

They are not guaranteed legendary stones. They are enchantment stone bags that have a CHANCE to be legendary. They cost 200 legion coins for one stone. The rate of getting a legendary is about the same as the chance of a legendary from a bag in ID/Dredge/etc.

Archived