BCM Faction Change and Class Change Tickets--with conditions

Safeword-KT

I've been thinking. Here's what I thunk:

Aion should have [Faction Change + Server Transfer] Tickets and [Class Change] Tickets with conditions

The [Faction Change + Server Transfer] allows you to transfer a character to another server which has characters of the opposite faction. During the transfer process, your faction is changed but your class stays the same. All other server transfer restrictions apply (e.g. GP loss etc.) . This allows you to keep any heritage items and consolidate your alts, which is a nice QOL improvement worth paying for. This would be nice for people who are coming back to the game and have multiple toons spread across servers.

The [Class Change] Ticket puts your character back at a simplified character creation as a level 0. You cannot change your appearance or gender. The character loses almost everything it has amassed in game (transfer or sell before doing this), but you get to keep all claimed heritage items, emotes, motion, possibly discontinued titles and your name. After re-selecting your class, you load into the starter area as a level 1 of your new class. This allows you to keep any heritage items and name, which is a nice QOL improvement worth paying for.

On the [Faction Change + Server Transfer] : This would have to be something that could only be done once per year per account to avoid paranoia of "spying", I imagine. Plus, everyone would be doing it who got bored and we all know how messy regular server transfers can be. That's why there is a limit on them.

On the [Class Change] Ticket: I'm not sure everyone would like to lose their current level. Otherwise, why not just create a new toon? I also don't think people would want to lose their housing and accumulated items. I had thought about a [Change SUBclass] Ticket some years ago myself... I think if such a thing were to be implemented a Sub-class might be the only way to avoid the issue of not being able to use your gear and weapons. Otherwise, your character would end up naked and weaponless. It's an interesting concept, don't get me wrong, but I just foresee many complications if I were to say, change my Chanter into an Aethertech. I would not be able to use my chain gear or my staves and would have to find some way of getting Plate gear and Cypherblades of my level.

Now, if they were to bring back the old concept of NPCs who sold Campaign Gear and Weapons, that would solve that particular problem. I thought it would be nice if they did this anyway, as whenever there is a big update our characters auto-complete missions and  we wind up missing pieces of their current gear set. It would be great to have a NPC who sold the campaign gear for every ten levels.

Faction change is something I never considered, but the subclass ability sure is. But then we have a ton of problems.

If I (as a mage) had the ability to change between sorcerer and spirit master, it would be awesome and also wouldn't create a single problem item wise because both classes use identical items and manastones. But imagine being a gunslinger and changing into an AT, you would have to re-gear your subclass, same to Songweavers and Vandals, same to Cleric and Chanter.

This system should have been thought either from the beginning or we need to have a total revamp of the game 6.0 style and literally destroy the game to rebuild it.

On 2019. 9. 28. at 3:06 AM, Gallium-DN said:

On the [Faction Change + Server Transfer] : This would have to be something that could only be done once per year per account to avoid paranoia of "spying", I imagine. 

One shot deal. No returns.

On 2019. 9. 28. at 3:06 AM, Gallium-DN said:

On the [Class Change] Ticket: I'm not sure everyone would like to lose their current level. Otherwise, why not just create a new toon?

It's to preserve certain items that no longer exist. This was clearly stated in the OP.

Also, it's not mandatory. People can choose not to use it just like any other service.

Archived