Few days ago Russian official publisher asked community

Neleth-KT

Few days ago Russian official publisher asked community for they opinion about best old Aion version.

As We all know 7.2 version brings back Katalams from deep sea (with color change ), maybe there is any chance that GF want to close all old-version pirate servers and give to old players official alternative.

Source : https://forum.aion.gameforge.com/forum/thread/4640-best-aion-classic-version/

First China now Russia :D

21 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

Few days ago Russian official publisher asked community for they opinion about best old Aion version.

As We all know 7.2 version brings back Katalams from deep sea (with color change ), maybe there is any chance that GF want to close all old-version pirate servers and give to old players official alternative.

Source : https://forum.aion.gameforge.com/forum/thread/4640-best-aion-classic-version/

First China now Russia :D

As it is obvious to anyone, we get a 3.x landslide.

Just speculation if we ever launch classic.

It just can't be direct port of 4.x (The most popular version),to understand what people miss we needs to look at 6.x

What people miss from 4.x
-Tradable items
-Old skins (The major reason)
-Old NPCs such as =emote NPC dye NPC,dress NPC
-Old crafting (Can put in category skins)
-Old siege (Timatrantra and Inggison/Gelk)
-Old instances(Some instances such as AM/EF/Old RB/Raksang group are really fun to run unlike 6.x)

What people need from 5.x
-Custom chain (Major reason why a lot of people can't play classic server because there're too many skills)
-Mobs/Quest markers 4.x is lacking of them
-Graphics (This is 2019 people can't bear 4.x graphics now it has to be at least updated from 5.x)
-New hair styles
-Luna crafting skins

What people don't miss
-Long respawn time of BM mobs
-Lenvinshor/Kaldor/Cygnea/Enshar
-+20 items and more
-Ancient manastones

Aion classic needs to combine between 4.x and 5.x patch and don't add things people don't like.That's how I think it will successive.
But I fear it will be lazy port :/

Learn from Archeage please.

3 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

Aion classic needs to combine between 4.x and 5.x patch and don't add things people don't like.That's how I think it will successive.

I disagree it needs to be a combine between 2.X and 4.X Any patch were luna existed was a plague on the game.

6 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I disagree it needs to be a combine between 2.X and 4.X Any patch were luna existed was a plague on the game.

Yeah, luna is a disgrace. I mean, honestly, it's like they intend to destroy this game. And I'm not even talking about NCwest, I'm talking about the developers themselves.

23 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

If 5.8 was easy to level up and minions weren't that OP it would be one of the greatest patches of this game

PVP was well balanced around all classes.

even though I like a lot of older patches I think nothing can revive this game. Aion will always be a great game in our memories but now its just a shadow of its own past.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:44 PM, Neleth-KT said:

Just speculation if we ever launch classic.

It just can't be direct port of 4.x (The most popular version),to understand what people miss we needs to look at 6.x

What people miss from 4.x
-Tradable items
-Old skins (The major reason)
-Old NPCs such as =emote NPC dye NPC,dress NPC
-Old crafting (Can put in category skins)
-Old siege (Timatrantra and Inggison/Gelk)
-Old instances(Some instances such as AM/EF/Old RB/Raksang group are really fun to run unlike 6.x)

What people need from 5.x
-Custom chain (Major reason why a lot of people can't play classic server because there're too many skills)
-Mobs/Quest markers 4.x is lacking of them
-Graphics (This is 2019 people can't bear 4.x graphics now it has to be at least updated from 5.x)
-New hair styles
-Luna crafting skins

What people don't miss
-Long respawn time of BM mobs
-Lenvinshor/Kaldor/Cygnea/Enshar
-+20 items and more
-Ancient manastones

Learn from Archeage please.

This is way off the mark.

What people miss from 4.0 are the following:

- The gear progression: bm was easy to get and you could actually compete in it, but it was still a significant downgrade over 65a. This is unlike the ancient pvp gear of today, which takes the place of "starter pvp set" and takes roughly the same amount of work a bm set used to take, but is basically paper. BM also carved out a nice niche for itself in being the only gear to give block, so even in the end game it had a purpose in the form of block sets. 65a was also reasonably obtainable, much more so than T2 ultimate gear is now. The progression of PvE gear was also way cooler and more clear cut than it is now. 

- The class balance. 

- The maps, which were great, had a great feeling of flow to them, had good aesthetic, not full of blocky meshes and blurry textures like the maps we have now. Even the shaders and effects were better back then. 

- The bm camps which encouraged player activity across the whole map, meaning lots of open world pvp and an alive world

- The sieges, yeah you got that right.

- The crafting, yeah people liked it and it was reasonably diverse, but it wasn't a huge or necessary part of the game. I say this as someone who painstakingly crafted the full mythic accessory set for my mr set. It was good, though. 

- The instances, yes, but not the ones you mentioned. IS, DR, EB, and the forts instances for ceramiums. nyerking no one misses Raksang. 

- The idian depths. This is worth repeating twice. Place was awesome.

As for 5.0:

Custom chains: do people legitimately use these? Full control over your individual skills is always going to be the best route. And I always managed to bind every skill even in 4.0.

Mobs/quest markers: not sure what you actually mean there. If you mean the quest icon that floats over heads of mobs. Yeah, I guess it's nice, but we could easily figure that stuff out without being spoon fed in that way. 

Graphics: Dude, what. 5.0 and all patches since have not made any graphical improvement over 4.0. If anything the game looks far worse due to uninspired/lazy design and constant recycling of skins. It was clear in 4.0 that the devs who made it were passionate about what they had created. That doesn't show at all now; game is soulless. 

Hair styles/luna skins: this is basically a non factor for most people in my estimation. Good skins are nice, yeah, but we don't need immersion destroying crap like luna. 

What "we" don't miss:

Lenvinshor/Kaldor/Cygnea/Enshar: I loved Levinshor personally. It was a beautiful map and fun to pvp in. 

Long respawn time of bm mobs: Aion was actually a far better game when the primary way to be powerful in it was to be a good player. Mechanics like this encourage that. And the game proportionally rewarded the best players, which was great. The best and fastest players got the quest done easiest. They got the best siege rewards. Nowadays the game preferences a fat wallet over a high level of skill. It's boring and anti-meritocratic. 

+20 items: yeah, I'm with you on that one. 

Ancient manatones: I liked them and, as with BM gear, they filled a particular niche which added depth to the game and the gear progression. 

Some additions of my own that we won't miss:

-Enchanting stigmas and skills. This shit is retarded and a huge kinah sink, it never should have been in the game. 

-Literally everything of value being untradeable. 4.x again had the best mix with this. Covet-worthy gear from the best instances wasn't tradeable, but almost all other items were. 

-The various nerfs/buffs/changes to class balance. The current state of this is appalling. 

I'm sure I could think of plenty others but I can't be bothered right now. 

4.x had some problems but overall there were far more pros than cons to it. It was the closest thing to perfect Aion we'll ever get. I'd take it as is over any other patch or combination of patches. 

That 7x can be great too if they put fighting spirit fragment on pvp instance. Idk a max of 10 fragment for win and 5 for lose (not to staying afk) we have to many pvp instance and no one do ,with that ppl will have with what to make gear to get the legendary/ulti enchant more easy to apend more time on game and to have fun  ... since for a f2p i think that will take 2 years to make a good set(and we got uptades every month). Give us instance entry bost back thats more accesible for everyone f2p and p2w than your prestige

• 4 weeks later...

Too many of you ppl live for PVP all but forgetting the awesome story that was lost with 6.0's release. That's what I miss a long with the Abyss and the freedom of flight it offered. So my vote would be for a combination of 4x and 5x up to but not 5.8 meshed in with the 7.0 we have now. 

However, as we all know this will prolly never happen so while I hate to break it to y'all, this is all just wishful thinking in a thread among the many, many that have been posted before concerning the same topic. The OP just found a more creative way of posting a topic that has been hashed and re-hashed many times over.

6 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Too many of you ppl live for PVP all but forgetting the awesome story that was lost with 6.0's release. That's what I miss a long with the Abyss and the freedom of flight it offered. So my vote would be for a combination of 4x and 5x up to but not 5.8 meshed in with the 7.0 we have now. 

However, as we all know this will prolly never happen so while I hate to break it to y'all, this is all just wishful thinking in a thread among the many, many that have been posted before concerning the same topic. The OP just found a more creative way of posting a topic that has been hashed and re-hashed many times over.

DP ruins all story that may of been good. IMO Aion's has a very bad story but its main PvE enemies are dragons so that is a win in my book :D.

Archived