Jump to content
Neleth-KT

Aion 8.0 should it focus on new stuff or bring old stuff back ?

Recommended Posts

Hi I believed almost everyone here displease with update 6.0 because a lot of stuff they removed  during 4.8 and 6.0.
I believed 90% of Aion players are old players that experienced old patch like 4.x or even older back to 2009 only 10% or less are someone who never played Aion before.

I come to think no matter what update 8.0 will bring I won't be happy with it until they bring stuff that they removed back.
Stuff that they removed are NPCs that sells emotes,dye,clothing,tradable items such as white items,unlimited remodelable armors,luna skins crafting,gathering,old crafting some old maps and instances.

Aion 8.0 should not focus about new stuff but it should focus on bringing old stuff back that's how Aion will stop all p servers surging and bring all players back together.
Somehow Aion 7.2 already admitted damage they done in 4.8 patch by bringing Katalam and Danaria back now they needing to undo damage that done by 6.0 patch.

Not everything needs to be back but everyone can agree 6.0 was over doing delete contents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say this every time you post luna skin crafting as something that needs to come back. If anything needs to be deleted in 8.0 it is luna as a whole. 80% of the game's current problems are solved with luna being deleted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lapis-DN   

I don't think we're getting 8.0 anytime soon
Apsu wasn't even ressurected in the current Korean patch. Both 7.2/7.3 are filler patches that includes lots of p2w content (+15 daevanions, +15 stigmas and RANK S minions)

 

also, AFAIK Koreans are pretty unpleased with the current game state, pvp, class balance, enchanting etc

just let this game die hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think both can happen at the same time. Certainly, they need to bring us new content to keep the game moving forward, but I would also love to see some of the old content revamped and brought back in some shape or form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

...I would also love to see some of the old content revamped and brought back in some shape or form.

Given how bad quality control has been since 6.0, it's basically guaranteed that any past content they revamp will be brought back broken in some shape or form :P

Edited by Forgotten-DN
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Let pretend a new player who doesn't know about Aion come and try out Aion for first time (even it's very rare for a new player for an old game from 2009)
Let pretend it has BDO cutting edge graphics too.

They started from lv 1,oh first map Poeta it's nice feel like they wanna explore but no the game forced you to follow linear you don't explore anything there're so many mobs that unrelated to quests it probably took 30 mins for a new player for this map.
Then they come to Sanctum time to make money from items they collected in Poeta,but no everything is untradable they try to buy gears because it's logical in any games that players should buy gears to be more powerful but no only gears that selling is lv 80 or old gears from old version 5.8 which newbies going to buy anyway cause they thought it's more powerful they probably buy 5.8 gears lv 66 because it colored purple and cheaper than lv 80 gears.
Next they going to Herion try to level and explore the world but no the map is linear like Poeta and killing other mobs is not rewarding anything beside wasting of time.
They leveled to lv 20 and feel their chars is very weak because no stigma,no stigma campaign anymore just blue quest no introduction nothing 50% of new players here probably gave up Aion here already.
Let pretend they learn about stigma they probably won't learn about stigma master because nobody told them and wondering why every time they changed  stigma it's cd 5 mins at this point they probably don't even know what luna is for and why they have to do it since leveling themselves is much faster.
At this point our new player probably want to change costume color or change skins they starting to shock when they found out skins in GST is only about 10 and most of them suck and even more shock learning that dye color needs to buy with real money shop only.(While in other games dyes/skins is at least questable or free)
When they leveled to Cygnea they might encounter an asmo/asmos at this point and got one shot and they can't fight back some wasted money buying 5.8 gears another 50% left at this point.
Laklum 25% left of original new players they did campaign and got Laklum gears some got asmo killed along the way first instances they do is BoS this supposed to be the easiest instance for a starter but no this was infact once hardest instance of 5.8 and can't finish without youtube even with youtube instances took 20 mins to finnish.Another 25% quitted at this point.
Another 12.5% left they went to try FM first group instance and group wiped many times because newbie made a mistake they got called noob and got kick out from the group.They don't even have a transformation at this point only using speed potion.How many % left I let you think yourself.....

You see the whole 6.0 problem is continue of 5.x problem.
NCsoft made elite gamers happy by creating hard and harder instances that nobody could done and made them easy but not enough for newbies by nerfing them.
Who the fack will play Aion after all of shit above happened ? Even Aion has cutting edge graphics like BDO it will not save Aion.
5.x gave +10 purple gears because nobody can done the shit.
3.x 4.x has any issues like this ? No because instances can be done by anyone without youtube so they don't need to give super gears.

6.0 and beyond hates new players if they don't fix problems I listed don't expected to survive just close current version and open the classic.
Or admitted we did a mistake and relaunch 4.0 but with modern mechanics like Archeage did and start over and everyone will forgive.

Edited by Neleth-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think player dissatisfaction has more to do with how the game is managed than it has to do with aesthetics and mechanics. Players are fairly good at adapting to what they're given, but NC seems to be constantly stacking the odds against us. Even 6.0 wouldn't have been terrible had we be given exactly what Korea had, but they deliberately made our version significantly worse and continue to do so even now in 7.0. If they want to retain their player base, the quickest and easiest solution would be to simply give us what Korea has and then roll out slow, incremental changes to the game instead of massive changes like they did with 6.0. 

Also, you need to stop referring to ArcheAge as a success story when it comes to game revivals; that game has changed publishers multiple times and "Unchained" hasn't even been released yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:


They started from lv 1,oh first map Poeta it's nice feel like they wanna explore but no the game forced you to follow linear you don't explore anything there're so many mobs that unrelated to quests it probably took 30 mins for a new player for this map.

So? Why can't they walk around and check how the map is? It always depends on the player if they want to level fast or want to explore their surroundings 

 

2 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:


Then they come to Sanctum time to make money from items they collected in Poeta,but no everything is untradable they try to buy gears because it's logical in any games that players should buy gears to be more powerful but no only gears that selling is lv 80 or old gears from old version 5.8 which newbies going to buy anyway cause they thought it's more powerful they probably buy 5.8 gears lv 66 because it colored purple and cheaper than lv 80 gears.
 

The gear from quests is more than enough to level fast and easy, what do you want? 5.8 levelling? Every mob was oneshot, lol.

 

2 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:


Next they going to Herion try to level and explore the world but no the map is linear like Poeta and killing other mobs is not rewarding anything beside wasting of time.
They leveled to lv 20 and feel their chars is very weak because no stigma,no stigma campaign anymore just blue quest no introduction nothing 50% of new players here probably gave up Aion here already.
 

At lvl 20 you get your first stigma, with the old walkthrough and everything, if people actually read the conversation for chat I'm pretty sure they'd understand.

2 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:


Let pretend they learn about stigma they probably won't learn about stigma master because nobody told them and wondering why every time they changed  stigma it's cd 5 mins at this point they probably don't even know what luna is for and why they have to do it since leveling themselves is much faster.
 

Wow, if only something like LFG existed (it does!).

Every game has its own "hook".

2 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:


At this point our new player probably want to change costume color or change skins they starting to shock when they found out skins in GST is only about 10 and most of them suck and even more shock learning that dye color needs to buy with real money shop only.(While in other games dyes/skins is at least questable or free)

You know that versatile dyes are extremely common right? It's ~5m in broker, lol.

Some quest gear do have a cool skin.

2 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:


When they leveled to Cygnea they might encounter an asmo/asmos at this point and got one shot and they can't fight back some wasted money buying 5.8 gears another 50% left at this point.
Laklum 25% left of original new players they did campaign and got Laklum gears some got asmo killed along the way first instances they do is BoS this supposed to be the easiest instance for a starter but no this was infact once hardest instance of 5.8 and can't finish without youtube even with youtube instances took 20 mins to finnish.Another 25% quitted at this point.

I've levelled more alts than I can remember and I haven't seen a SINGLE asmo.

BoS has been nerfed substantially but I agree it is a bit hard for a new solo instance, but with all campaigns done you should be 78 to do FM.

I do FM regularly and see people with very low HP but I say nothing, I just want to finish the instance. If they die, who cares? Res and continue.

3 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

 

You see the whole 6.0 problem is continue of 5.x problem.
NCsoft made elite gamers happy by creating hard and harder instances that nobody could done and made them easy but not enough for newbies by nerfing them.
Who the fack will play Aion after all of shit above happened ? Even Aion has cutting edge graphics like BDO it will not save Aion.
5.x gave +10 purple gears because nobody can done the shit.
3.x 4.x has any issues like this ? No because instances can be done by anyone without youtube so they don't need to give super gears.

6.0 and beyond hates new players if they don't fix problems I listed don't expected to survive just close current version and open the classic.
Or admitted we did a mistake and relaunch 4.0 but with modern mechanics like Archeage did and start over and everyone will forgive.

Seriously, if you don't like the game, don't play it. It's that simple. No, a master server won't open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You post the same thread every time, and you get the same responses every time.

 

You obviously don't like the game or the direction it's taken. It's time to stop. Go play the new, successful AA...that hasn't even released yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Brutallus-DN

-Players need rewarding for explore the map not nothing returns.

-It's very common in any MMO that people buying gears from broker or NPC to upgrade their damage but Aion think quest gears is enough ?

-Stigma is not just important quest it's not optional it's a requirement to play the game that's why it should be campaign not blue quest.

-Who the fack will ask LFG if equip/unequip stigma by yourself is working ?

-Dyes are extremely common with what price 5kk ? Can a newbie get 5kk without alchemy event ? You need x6 for entire armor that's like 30kk even you 80ed you don't have 30kk.
And some quest gears have cool skins ? Do you even use it ? If no don't tell other people to do so.

-About FM if someone died you just wipe and restart over you will get to the point you want to quit it if it happened more than 5 times,about asmo that's why I said might.

-Nobody call anything about master server,I want Aion to improved not in current stupid stage why protect this Aion version that you ain't even like ? Just to oppose me ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

@Brutallus-DN

-Players need rewarding for explore the map not nothing returns.

-It's very common in any MMO that people buying gears from broker or NPC to upgrade their damage but Aion think quest gears is enough ?

-Stigma is not just important quest it's not optional it's a requirement to play the game that's why it should be campaign not blue quest.

-Who the fack will ask LFG if equip/unequip stigma by yourself is working ?

-Dyes are extremely common with what price 5kk ? Can a newbie get 5kk without alchemy event ? You need x6 for entire armor that's like 30kk even you 80ed you don't have 30kk.
And some quest gears have cool skins ? Do you even use it ? If no don't tell other people to do so.

-About FM if someone died you just wipe and restart over you will get to the point you want to quit it if it happened more than 5 times,about asmo that's why I said might.

-Nobody call anything about master server,I want Aion to improved not in current stupid stage why protect this Aion version that you ain't even like ? Just to oppose me ?

Wow, you really need a chill pill lmfao.

- What should be the reward? the crappy quest gear you're talking about?

- Quest gear is enough till you're lvl 80. After that, you need to run instances and/or gather frags for PvP gear.

- All blue quests (or 95% at least) need to be done to go to max level

- I would, lol

- No, but a newbie CAN run FM and sell duplicates for 2m a run.

- Yea? lol? I use the lvl 1 skin AND use a Sunburst hat and orb because I like the design

- I have never seen a group wipe over 5 times in 7.0

- You literally say to open a master server e v e r y   s i n g l e    d a y. I'm not opposing you, I like the game, I don't like our management. If we had better management, the game would be far better.

It's the weekend, Neleth, relax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
On 10/4/2019 at 1:22 AM, Neleth-KT said:

*snip*

I come to think no matter what update 8.0 will bring I won't be happy with it until they bring stuff that they removed back.

*snip*

Not everything needs to be back but everyone can agree 6.0 was over doing delete contents.

To the first, yes. You aren't happy now. You won't be happy later. Pretty much end of discussion.

As to the second, I do not agree that too much was deleted. Leveling is perfect right now exactly as it is. They did a very good job of streamlining the process and making all the rewards relevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't think it's our management problem only the core problem is from Korea.

You don't even know what's master server,master server is a pvp server that based on version 2.0,I'm talking about relaunch 4.0 with modern mechanics can you see the different ?
There's a lot of things I like in new version too but it's easier to relaunch 4.0 than fix mess up they did in 6.0 and 7.0.

Why you think we have no new players in our server right now ? Because the game isn't newbie friendly at all and without newbies Aion can't survive.
Almost every old MMO right now if not all now relaunch themselves with classic version(for recent check https://mmoculture.com/2019/10/lineage-2-essence-new-accelerated-server-for-classic-pc-mmorpg-launches-in-europe/)

I'm trying to show what's the problem it's just not mismanagement it's problem from Korea.

Edited by Neleth-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neleth-KT said:

You don't even know what's master server

You're right, I don't.

You know what I do know tho? It would shut down in less than a year cause we don't even REMOTELY have the population for it.

1 minute ago, Neleth-KT said:

 

Why you think we have no new players in our server right now ? Because the game isn't newbie friendly at all and without newbies Aion can't survive.
.

HOW is it not newbie friendly? I JUST explained it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
1 minute ago, Neleth-KT said:

*snip*

I'm trying to show what's the problem it's just not mismanagement it's problem from Korea.

Okay. We got the point. We aren't children. You don't need to repeat the same thing over and over and over. We, the players, understand where you are coming from. Korea isn't listening to you. The North American players are not that important to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neleth-KT said:

Simple question if Aion is newbie friendly ?

Where're all newbies now ? :)

Aion IS newbie friendly.

Our management is not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
Just now, Neleth-KT said:

Simple question if Aion is newbie friendly ?

Where're all newbies now ? :)

It's a 10 year old Korean MMO. How good do you think it could possibly be doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

It's a 10 year old Korean MMO. How good do you think it could possibly be doing?

well archeage will do very good now!!!!!!!! master server when??

no

this whole post in a nutshell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newbies problem doesn't occurred only in NA but also Europe.

So if NA management fault why this problem happening in Europe too ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neleth-KT said:

Newbies problem doesn't occurred only in NA but also Europe.

So if NA management fault why this problem happening in Europe too ?

BECAUSE the EU management sucks too??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just open your mind because it's a problem from Korea.

Until Korea admitted that 6.0 and beyond is a mistake we won't get newbies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neleth-KT said:

Just open your mind because it's a problem from Korea.

Until Korea admitted that 6.0 and beyond is a mistake we won't get newbies.

No Neleth, you need to open your mind and accept that a master server won't be opening.

Korea actually got increased population (I think) in 6.0 than 5.x. So.. it is a problem for only our regions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about Korea and I don't think.

Stop using master server already when nobody talking about it.
What I talking is relaunch 4.0 with modern mechanics and redevelop contents there as main server replacement.

It's not meant to be another server it meant to replace all 6.0 7.0 servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×