Aion 8.0 should it focus on new stuff or bring old stuff back ?

Neleth-KT

Just now, Neleth-KT said:

I don't know about Korea and I don't think.Stop using master server already when nobody talking about it.
What I talking is relaunch 4.0 with modern mechanics and redevelop contents there as main server replacement.

It's not meant to be another server it meant to replace all 6.0 7.0 servers.

Your post in September 14

Title: What would happened if NC decided to launch Aion classic in master server style

Damn, lol if they did open that server I guarantee you (100%!) it would not last a YEAR.

The longer you linger over a lost cause, the worse your nostalgia becomes. NCSOFT has no plans in attempting to bring back what they have removed because it would serve them no purpose. The current system of the game has brought it to a standstill and it's up to you whether you wish to continue beating the dead horse or move on.

1 hour ago, Neleth-KT said:

and I don't think.

You're right. You don't. You get stuck on this one thing, and you repeat it ad nauseum, as if it's going to change anything. You don't like the game. We get it. Guess what. It's not changing.

A "classic" server wouldn't save Aion. A "master" server wouldn't save Aion. Aion is ten years old in the West. It never was super popular to begin with, even when it was supposed to be a WoW-killer back in 2009. There is no advertisement for it. There is no one dedicated to it in NA. Aion makes relatively little money compared to other NCsoft titles. It is literally a game waiting to die, and nothing NCsoft does at this point is going to save it. There are so many other games to play now, and MMOs, IMHO, aren't super popular versus instant action games like LoL and ForkKnife. FFXIV is the only MMO, really, that I think is doing well, and it put out one hell of an expansion, but it also has the entire IP to carry it + a company and team who give a nyerk about it + advertisement + players gushing over Shadowbringers' story. Aion doesn't have that, and, at this point, it never will.

7.0 put out vandal, an amazingly OP class, and relatively not very many people came back to play it, and many more didn't stay. Dyes, emotes, skins, tradable shit, etc won't change that. There are good things about the game, but, again, IMHO, it's barely worth playing if you don't cheat or otherwise exploit all the broken shit that NCsoft keeps putting out. You're unlikely to get banned for it, anyway. The game is a big ass broken joke. The playerbase is literal shit, which doesn't help what few newbies come in and be all, shit, this game is old, the playerbase is hostile, and I'm undergeared and scared and confused and the playerbase won't answer questions and the content creators aren't putting out guides on how to level/gear/etc anymore.

Stop making the same nyerking thread every week. You cleverly change the title and slightly reword your post, but it's the same damn thing every time. Seriously, it's time to stop. Take a break. Quit the game. Go play ArcheAge Unchained. Go play WoW Classic, but it's time to accept that Aion isn't going to change for you and making the same posts again and again will just get your threads locked with free post counts to the people who somehow brave your same stupid shit every week.

5 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

FFXIV is the only MMO, really, that I think is doing well, and it put out one hell of an expansion, but it also has the entire IP to carry it + a company and team who give a nyerk about it + advertisement + players gushing over Shadowbringers' story. Aion doesn't have that, and, at this point, it never will.

I can confirm that FFXIV's newest expansion is magnificent and paying for the sub is worth every penny.

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

@Cheesecake-DN That must be the most aggressive post i ever seen you do.

Because that's what Aion currently does to you, it puts you in this "aggressive" state of mind, albeit the game or company does little to reward the players. A game shouldn't be a chore.

I can understand both points of view, but Neleth,it's time to move on. It really is. Aion was a masterpiece and glorious back in the day, but its glory has been overshadowed by a titan.

Do you even like 7.0 ? If yes then I understand your reaction but if no then why oppose someone who try to change this shit for a better place ?

Why I have to post every facking week ? Because no one answer my call ? If I don't post then we stay in same shit nothing changes ? We upset with 6.0 7.0 then post on forum is only way to express our opinion and send it facking straight to Korea.

Do you really believing Aion will survive without newbies like this ? Are you going just wait it end like lineage1 or wildstar ? Because I love Aion that's why I'm facking posting this.Do you think it's funny to deal with the shit cheesecake and the gang doing to me everyday ? It's not fun it's cancer in my brain.

If you don't even like 7.0 why oppose me ? If you want to change Aion why not help make our voices loud ? Cause you know telling people to shut up about how unpleasant about 7.0 is not going to turn this shit hole game a better place.

Cheese for once time just facking shut up your ass.

7 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

@Cheesecake-DN That must be the most aggressive post i ever seen you do.

It's been a very long time, yes.

1 hour ago, Neleth-KT said:

Do you even like 7.0 ? If yes then I understand your reaction but if no then why oppose someone who try to change this shit for a better place ?

Why I have to post every facking week ? Because no one answer my call ? If I don't post then we stay in same shit nothing changes ? We upset with 6.0 7.0 then post on forum is only way to express our opinion and send it facking straight to Korea.

Do you really believing Aion will survive without newbies like this ? Are you going just wait it end like lineage1 or wildstar ? Because I love Aion that's why I'm facking posting this.Do you think it's funny to deal with the shit cheesecake and the gang doing to me everyday ? It's not fun it's cancer in my brain.

If you don't even like 7.0 why oppose me ? If you want to change Aion why not help make our voices loud ? Cause you know telling people to shut up about how unpleasant about 7.0 is not going to turn this shit hole game a better place.

Cheese for once time just facking shut up your ass.

Since I know you didn't bother to read my original wall of text to you, I'm going to do it again anyway because I like pain and want to procrastinate on my homework:

I don't like 7.0. I don't like it, but I like it more than 6.0. What we got ported over to us, though, has been one big gobbly gooky mess of bugs and exploits to where the game is all but unplayable, and there's nothing Cyan can do about it to make Korea care. They don't care, Neleth. We make them very little money on a game they don't care about. Korea's not going to listen to you just because you made the same post again. They're not. They haven't in ten years, let alone the last five. Almost every change made to Aion has been because Korea complained about it first, not because this one annoying ass poster made the same post for the 30th time this year.

Aion's not going to survive, with or without newbies, Neleth. The game isn't designed to survive. 6.0 was released in Korea to draw in a new, f2p playerbase, which it succeeded at, at least for a while, but 6.2 brought utter ruin to the players in the West...because we're not the priority. We have never been the priority. 7.0 is designed to keep the existing playerbase/whales, not to suck in new ones, even if painter/vandal was some shiny new class made to draw attention to the game. 6.0 was supposed to bring the newbies, not 7.0.

All the changes coming to 7.0 aren't because of NA or even EU. They're things the home playerbase wants. How many people do you think play in NA, Neleth? Hint, it's not very many. How many changes do you think they're going to make for the NA playerbase? Hint, they've done maybe one, and that was keep transformations account unlockable. How likely do you think it is that Korea would invest in a 4.0 server with modern changes, using up a lot of resources in their Korean studio for such a task, for a playerbase with only a few thousand people? Hint, it's 0. Any 4.0 server of any kind is going to be as a private server run by a private individual.

Neleth, how many community people do we have? Hint, it's 1. Who is the producer? Hint, a guy who doesn't play the game. Who is the community person? Hint, it's the guy who's working on Blade & Soul, too. How many resources is that, Neleth?

Knowing that, how likely do you think it is that NCsoft would do something with their lowest-performing IP that would require them to shift more resources to?

Guild Wars 2 is doing better than Aion, Neleth, and GW2 doesn't have p2w. It is literally entirely skins and cosmetics and chairs and musical instruments and extraction tools and really cool APIs and a playerbase that still has content creators and a pretty decent story and a rock concert meta event and the devs kinda listen to the community and...and it's performing better than Aion, with it's hardcore p2w. GW2 had an event at PAX West this year to advertise their next storyline. B&S was handing out free skins + the chance to win a $250 gift card at PAX West this year (want one? I have a stack). B&S is doing merch contests. GW2 is doing merch contests. Those are the two games NCsoft cares about in the West, enough to invest in events for them.

Going back to Aion, we know approximately what changes are coming. We're several months behind Korea, and we get a near copy/paste of whatever they get (only with more bugs and a game Support team that is utterly clueless (props to the other Support teams, they've always been great to me)). That's what we're getting, Neleth. It's whatever Korea's getting with optimistically a few tweaks...that aren't necessarily better for the playerbase (transform stats/duration nerfs, etc). It's what's been happening since beta, and it's really hard to get any custom changes for our region (on/off rifting buffs weeks, for example, back in 2.X). 90% of the changes to the game have been because/for the Korean playerbase, and it's been that way since 2009.

It's not going to change for the X000 players we have left.

Your post isn't going to save Aion from MXM, Lineage, Exteel, City of Heroes, Wildstar, Tabula Rasa, or any other NCsoft game's fate. If anything, Aion is eventually either going to go maintenance mode or close.

All you're doing is making what little remains of the forum playerbase do a double facepalm every time you post utter nonsense under the guise of trying to either get attention for your personal self or sound smart or cleverly draw attention to the same point you've made across TheSameDamnThread(tm) for months by phrasing it just slightly differently enough for it to initially pass under Cyan's radar.

tl;dr: Any changes to the game are made because the Korean playerbase wants it. Aion NA has no resources dedicated to it. Aion is lowest performing NCsoft game. You don't think, Neleth. You really don't and you attack anyone who disagrees with you. Go play something else that doesn't perturb you so much.

And now for side note things:

Most of the people in this thread are people I've often disagreed with on things, sometimes vehemently so, and it's interesting to see what brings us together. You've won there, congratulations.

And I've been really chill about the forums lately. I've tried to stay hands off and just watch shit happen, if I load up the forums at all (mostly to check for if someone's having a problem I can help with), but, damn, there's a point where Cyan really needs to step in and I think you've reached it...again. You attack and have attacked anyone who disagrees with you on this, even if they have a well thought out argument to counter you...again.

So, yeah, congratz. You drew me from my lair to get the most aggressive post I've leveled at another player in years. I don't bother clicking on most of your threads, so it's not like I'm going out of my way to harass you, and I don't even hate you, but, for nyerk's sake, Neleth, it's time to stop and go play something else.

20 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

WORDS!

Wow, Cake. So many words, but I did get through them all.

100% agree.

@Neleth-KT.. saying, "I love Aion" doesn't give you a free pass to poop on others. We all love this game or we wouldn't still be here after years and years of hopes dashed and more and more poop shoveled on us. Slow down. Calm down. Take a breath and really listen.

NCSoft doesn't care about Aion NA. At all.

Of all of their games, NCWest puts the least amount of work into Aion NA. It's always been the joke that we are the red-headed step-child at NCWest. It's funny because it's true. We have had occasionally had employees who loved us in all our ugliness. Employees who have reached out and gone the extra mile for us even though most of them were pooped on by our toxic playerbase in repayment for their efforts. I adore each and every one of these employees for trying. But the reduction in staff members has taken its toll. 

With that being said, nothing we say or do here is going to have any effect on gaming systems designed in Korea. Occasionally our reports here will get us a bug fix. OCCASIONALLY. But actual changes to how the game works? Not going to happen.

Accepting that helps so much. From there we each need to decide if staying here is worth it. If it is, then we take this game as it comes to us. No more flailing around. No more frustration. Just play and enjoy playing the game we love until its shut down. If it isn't worth it, shake the dust from your feet and walk away.

Lastly, the very last person you should attack is Cheesecake. Without her so many technical questions here would go completely unanswered. You might not be aware, but for the longest time she maintained her own online storage of the complete game where players could go and download files that were corrupt in the official download. I don't think it's exaggerating to say that a good quarter of the player base has at one time or another leaned on her for technical assistance. Assistance that they should have been able to get from Support, if our Support didn't freaking suck. And what has she received for her dedication? The fact that she has to play under an anonymous name so she doesn't get harassed in game by the very people she's helped. So maybe try, "Thank you, Cake" rather than telling her to shut up. Okay?

Grr.

Neleth is a bit whiny but he's mostly right.

Most people play this game hoping to feel a bit of the nostalgia they felt at release, and there are enough people who do so to keep the game afloat for now.

That doesn't mean they couldn't easily make it better, but they won't. I bet 5 minutes access to their internal metrics would show virtually no new players, and old players whose spending habits can be predicted with almost 100% accuracy (so you'll get no changes to systems or content, the cheapest translation and localisation available to reduce costs, and a million P2W events to incrementally drain the wallets of people who are heavily invested in their characters).

Still, we accept it 'cause there's a chance that occasionally we remember better times.

To put it in Aion terms: When playing Aion, there's a good chance that your happiness loses a level, and a small chance that it stays the same, and a really tiny chance that it goes up a level.

I like the music, mainly.

I dunno.............

Yes, the game has a lot of problems and it is going on 10+ years old now. Cheesy, Aly, I agree with most of what you both say above (this thread has some really long posts, too long for me to quote anyone, lol). Oh and Cheesy, that was a very aggressive post, and I read thru it all too. I also have been giving the forums a wide berth lately mostly due to a lot of personal chit I got going on right now, my move to Illinois, Doctor & heath issues, etc, and have only checked in  from time to time to see if anyone needed help.

As for 7.0 I have to admit that I am enjoying it a lot more than I did 6x (Y'all know how I felt about that one). 6x was an abomination that ripped away 90% of the game I love. But whatever, moving on.......

How many times have I seen this thread posted by the same OP, many, and that even is an understatement. I think this person just likes to argue so I usually ignore their posts altogether. Dunno what made me click on this one, lol.

Neleth is just being Neleth, lol. We've been here forever so I know the two of you know that.

And lastly, while I forgot which one of you said it but your exactly right. I know this because I've seen it and have been saying it for a long time now too: 'Korea only cares about Korea.' Korea gets what Korea wants and the only way we might, I say might, get things or changes is because Korea already has them and loves them.

Wishing everyone a Lovely day............

Well I belong to those that I literally played 6.5 because it allowed us to progress and I had a ton of mats for upgrade accumulated in 6.2 that I was wise not to waste enchants on anything.

But ever since April or May 2019 I am hibernating, and now I find myself dying to Vandals in 1 second along with geared sins and archers. If there was a game out there that has the appeal of Aion back when it was still new, I would gladly immigrate, but every mmo so far has either limited character creation or gender locked classes and are either full sandboxed world (like BDO) aka botter's heaven and p2w machines, or is pretty linear in game play so it doesn't give you enough freedoms.

I could wish a ton of things for Aion but at every patch they make it easier and easier to simply dislike the game. At one point I simply log to see what they did and I decide whether I keep hibernating through it or simply wake up and go.

So I've just been cruising through the forums and dang, this has indeed got annoying. I've already jumped off ship of 6.2 as soon as it launched, but I still have to completely agree with Cheesecake here. Please get your facts straight before you attack someone who has knowledge and logic.

Yes, I'm still lurking around.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:51 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

Guild Wars 2 is doing better than Aion, Neleth, and GW2 doesn't have p2w. It is literally entirely skins and cosmetics and chairs and musical instruments and extraction tools and really cool APIs and a playerbase that still has content creators and a pretty decent story and a rock concert meta event and the devs kinda listen to the community and...and it's performing better than Aion, with it's hardcore p2w. GW2 had an event at PAX West this year to advertise their next storyline. B&S was handing out free skins + the chance to win a $250 gift card at PAX West this year (want one? I have a stack). B&S is doing merch contests. GW2 is doing merch contests. Those are the two games NCsoft cares about in the West, enough to invest in events for them.

...hey hey now there friend, lets get our facts straight, we got an anniversary card design contest, they value us *cough* *cough* a lot.

pwnB6rv.jpg

On 10/9/2019 at 4:44 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

rMGmkgx.jpg

(<3)

This is Sailor Galaxia. Don't ever fail her, or otherwise you will die. Guaranteed.

Expect very heavy gear checks (full ultimate T2 +15 PvE equipment all properly manastoned, including +15 crafted PvE weapon) for any group trying to fight Sailor Galaxia. There is another boss that have to be defeated after killing Galaxia.

Archived