Ice Harpoon and Boon of QUickness useless ?

Neleth-KT

I'm talking PvE situation.

With ancient xform and vaziel wisdom(boon of quickness overwrites vaziel) last 20 seconds and reduced MP there's no reason to use boon of quickness ?
Ice Harpoon overshadowed by daevanion version of freezing wind with 0 cast time vs 2.5 seconds.

I'm thinking to replace them with arcane thunderbolt and elemental ward.

Yes but I tested to dps without ice harpoon,ice harpoon does good damage but it has high cast time 2.5 seconds comparing to raging inferno similar damage but 0 cast time.
If ice harpoon's cast time 2 seconds or cd to 10 seconds with increased damage I won't mind to use it,right now I considering ice harpoon as a junk o_o

The time you casting ice harpoon you could recast flame cage instant skills like summon rock,frost,wind spear or even refracting shard for MP I found out I really don't have time for ice harpoon but somehow I admitted the 2 stigma I purposed to replace isn't that great either ._.

TLDR : Sorc just got too many better skills to use more than casting ice harpoon.

PS if you interesting I could pm you of my newly made skillbars and you will understand why ice harpoon suck :P

I've talked with you in game but you gave me an idea how to use ice harpoon effectively.

I'll mash ice harpoon and BoQ together and spam along with flame harpoon should working wonder :D
(Not going to use BoQ with big nukes because that will drained mana like hell o.O)

• 2 weeks later...

Many of the sorc skills are getting so outdated, I use ice harpoon because I find myself running out of skills to use often so I throw it when possible. Ever since our flame bolt was exchanged for flame harpoon I feel that ice harpoon is like a mini stormstrike, itdoes a little more than 50% than stormstrike's dmg, while at every enchant, ice harpoon gets +1% base dmg. Mine is at +9 in stigma and +12 in skill due to combination of enchanted stigmas.

Archived