Is full cannon stigma build still superior damage than hybird in pve ?

Neleth-KT

• 3 weeks later...

Questions for you

1. Do you gave full +9 set stigma?

2. is this set fully for PVE.

Couple thing I think about.

1. Hemorrhage shot is not that great in PVE due to the long CD and the dot doesn't apply to boss. You can switch to Shellshock or autoload if u really like pistol spec.

2. Personally I would take out steady fire and put in blazing bombardment instead . Take steady fire on the side if you have full +9

3. Cannon spec is still superior I think, my play style in PVE is revolving around strafing fire and only use pistol to fill in CD of cannon skill and get mana back.

https://aiondb.ru/tools/stigmabuild/1718/

Hi thank you for your replied :)

1.no
2.yes

Well the  purpose for this thread was I can't standing on charging time of full cannon build so I find alternate that still do good damage but more instant skills to spam.So I try mixing cannon and pistols together and created non boring gunner and that's how result of stigma setup came from :P (Try to use almost to none charging skills if possible for me),getting blazing instead of fiery blast would increase single target dps for sure but somehow I would like to have some AoE lol xD

I tested rotation and it's pretty fun haven't check with ARM because ARM mess up with my client lately so I stopped using it :)

totally got your feeling, I used to also want to get more damage with pistol. You can still get some good damage as long as you 100% utilize strafing fire because it will made up about 30~40% of ur total damage.

Since you dont have +9 stigma, I would suggest you these, and you can try out and maybe do some adjustment to it

1. switch out hemorrhage shot for auto load

2. Rotation: juggernaut - strafing fire - fiery blast - Frozen Blitz - wave cannon - strafing fire - incendiary shell - switch pistol

3. pressurize chamber - gunshot - rapid reload - switch to cannon - strafing fire - back to pistol - pressurize chamber - gunshot - auto load - gunshot - steady fire

These are like some basic idea, cuz I dont do pistol spec anymore

My rotation is pretty similar to you :)

However I use pressurize chamber with steady fire during 2 reasons first my ping is kinda high and second they both having same cd :P
About auto load I'm not so sure about this skill since it has 1 min cd and someone in forums not sure new forums or old forums said in their guide that auto load is one of worst stigma for gunner during long cd.

This part is just personally feeling have you got a feeling you're doing better but you don't have fun ? cast time is longer than sorc ? Sometimes you wish cast time affected your skills but didn't ? Feel like charging is 1000 times worse than cast time ? No wonder why they removed fire arrow(sorc charging skill) and changed precious cut glad's stigma? You feel like if you're an Aion developer yourself you would destroy all charging skills or turn them to be cast ? yeah I got all of that feeling xD

Unless they turn cannon skills to be cast I don't think I ever want to go back to full cannon again :)

Auto load is a very decent stigma now. I used it in large group pvp and pistol spec pve, it was not that great until they actually buffed pressurized chamber.

In addition, as of your situation, you really dont have much choice for pistol spec and I personally dont like hemorrhage shot because the dot doesnt stay on boss, and autoload you can actually make more utility from it by choosing gun shot, precise shot, or cross trigger.

Regarding the charging, I think it depends on what situation I am in, when I am at world boss, I was want to sit back and click slowly, so cannon charging spec is actually very comfortable at those situation lol. Also, if you are looking to get good ranking and stuff from crucible, cannon spec is way superior.

• 2 weeks later...

I learn that soul cannon(sorry for EU name but since I'm using EU calculator so I use EU names) is getting buff to 6.4k damage with 24 sec cd their damage is even greater than spirit cannon can't ignored that :P

https://aiondb.ru/tools/stigmabuild/1741/
So this is the new build still giving same experience as previous only better damage :)

How great is this change ? well let say it's better that glacial shard that doing 6.2k damage with 1 min cd xD

Here are the gunner skill changes with NA names too

Shellshock (Major stigma) damage is 1.5x damage compared to 7.0 (all stages) - 6458 dmg on stage 3

Sequential Fire (Vision stigma) have is 2x damage compared to 7.0 (all stages) - 6672 dmg on stage 3

Still not as strong as the Songweaver's vision stigma charging skill (8032 damage) or Vandel's vision stigma charging skill (9750 damage, 2x critical rate)

9 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Here are the gunner skill changes with NA names too

Shellshock (Major stigma) damage is 1.5x damage compared to 7.0 (all stages) - 6458 dmg on stage 3

Sequential Fire (Vision stigma) have is 2x damage compared to 7.0 (all stages) - 6672 dmg on stage 3

Still not as strong as the Songweaver's vision stigma charging skill (8032 damage) or Vandel's vision stigma charging skill (9750 damage, 2x critical rate)

Well you know they still better than sorc damage but sorc got vaziel + cast time which makes sorc a lot more awesome than gunner :(

I just wish cast time would affected cannon or turn them into a normal cast skill.

After some testing damage I gotta admitted cannon stigma is superior damage than pistols :/ (Even same magical attack)

https://aiondb.ru/tools/stigmabuild/1753/

I'm thinking to replace entire MP chain with soulsucker shot.(50% of 20000ish damage should be 10k mp which I think enough and don't need mp chain)
Trying to get cannon vision stigma because awesome buff it got in 7.2 however still unsure how gift of magic power works 10% of damage you make(which is suck) or 10% of your total magical attack you got (which is cool if later).

The problem with sequential fire vision is that you're extremely vulnerable and at your healer's mercy. It may be be an op aoe skill (with long cd), but so is pulverizing vision, especially buffed / crit, plus it refills your hp. Replace stopping power (too long cd) with pressurized chamber. The latter is an absolute must.

Neleth, we're playing Aion NA. Why are you using some weird skill names? If you play the class in NA, you would know your class skills and their names. I main a gunner, but I don't have that much time to try to figure out what skills are you talking about and give any input.

1 hour ago, Afterglow-KT said:

The problem with sequential fire vision is that you're extremely vulnerable and at your healer's mercy. It may be be an op aoe skill (with long cd), but so is pulverizing vision, especially buffed / crit, plus it refills your hp. Replace stopping power (too long cd) with pressurized chamber. The latter is an absolute must.

Neleth, we're playing Aion NA. Why are you using some weird skill names? If you play the class in NA, you would know your class skills and their names. I main a gunner, but I don't have that much time to try to figure out what skills are you talking about and give any input.

Sorry I never remember skill names ._. I only remembered the icons of skills and since I'm using EU version of stigma calculator so I use EU names and I don't main gunner too my apology.

I know pressurized is good but that 6k aoe is good as well :/ I can't make up my mind about it.
I don't like stopping power as well long cd and stuff but as I said I only getting this because I want cannon vision(better than missile guide in term of damage and cd if you comparing to sorc it's even better than glacial shard).I thought somehow power grab can replaces MP chain and pulverizing vision :o

However I tested pistols vs cannon even same magical attack the cannon is superior damage there's no doubt about it.

Archived