Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - October 9, 2019

Cyan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cinderellaxmagic-DN said:

its only there cuase the stones are still useable not only enchantment stones but other crafting products so probs that's why they keep giving it away ;D 

It's probably because they just glanced at the awards and rubber stamped them instead of actually considering that "Hey! We changed their crafting mats, didn't we? Let me switch these awards over to the new mats! And while I am at it, why don't I switch the ones in the Prestige Packs as well. Done.. and done!"

5 hours ago, Cyan said:

You just need to take someone with you that has a key, then everyone can open the chest. It's to encourage players to take noobies.

So... Which "noobies" would those be @Cyan??  You're crazy if you think there's an influx if brand new players hitting the game currently lol.  What I'm assuming is that we'll all have to make alts so we can get these drops in instances?  I would imagine "veteran" players would have very few accounts that are inactive, considering every one of us had either logged alts for the Cauldron event or the Anniversary coins.  Fun times.

38 minutes ago, Jaimie-KT said:

You're crazy if you think there's an influx if brand new players hitting the game currently lol.

You're not wrong, but don't shoot the messenger; Cyan doesn't choose which events we get. All their previous returning player events have been structured in a similar fashion so it's intentional or they've clearly learned nothing over the years.

I am a returning player. Came back with the Vandal patch to try the new class as did  some others. Unfortunately  that was over 30 days ago. I guess the planning people do not have a calendar on the wall. Thinking most that came back for the new class, free armor set (expired) , have already reached 30 days or they are very close to it. Doesn't seem to me that is good planning should have had the event instead of the shugo sweep, then had that event now. So Forgotten-DN, I think you are correct when you say  they've clearly learned nothing over the years.

4 hours ago, cinderellaxmagic-DN said:

@Cyan hello cyan why is the pandora cloth misplaced in naming cuase the pandora mystic has phys stats http://prntscr.com/ph44hkand the phys cloth has magic stats http://prntscr.com/ph46dz is this normal or something went wrong? could you check if everything working correctly  thx ;D

I had a related problem, up higher in this thread. Yeah, there is a problem with the Pandora gear. Cyan, please add to the problem list. It's not going to be hard to fix, but needs to be addressed.

8 hours ago, Gabe-DN said:

Seriously, use some common sense and logic on this.  You really think people have broker bots sitting around buying up shoulders for 100 mill a pop?  The honest answer is it was sniped because it was probably still a good deal and if you selling it back to yourself thru the broker, why would you price it low anyway since you really are out just the broker cost.  I am not saying there are not broker bots but obviously you fail at identifying them.

Yes, I have 4 procs sniped all in the same way within 2 seconds, had a top sniped at 201mill and aethertech pieces, and the person who sniped it was invisible in search and had the name IlIlIlIllI some combination of capital ‘i’ and Lower case ‘L’ and are trying to resell my piece they stole.

7 minutes ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

Yes, I have 4 procs sniped all in the same way within 2 seconds, had a top sniped at 201mill and aethertech pieces, and the person who sniped it was invisible in search and had the name IlIlIlIllI some combination of capital ‘i’ and Lower case ‘L’ and are trying to resell my piece they stole.

So, assuming that what you say is all true, you have pieces of gear worth hundreds of millions sniped in seconds, and your reaction is to keep putting more pieces to be sniped again ?

2 hours ago, Jaimie-KT said:

So... Which "noobies" would those be @Cyan??  You're crazy if you think there's an influx if brand new players hitting the game currently lol.  What I'm assuming is that we'll all have to make alts so we can get these drops in instances?  I would imagine "veteran" players would have very few accounts that are inactive, considering every one of us had either logged alts for the Cauldron event or the Anniversary coins.  Fun times.

for them it doesn't make a difference if more players are coming in or old players are making new accounts i think.

24 minutes ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

There are players who make their money by standing at the broker and searching things that are cheap, buying it and then reselling it for the proper amount. This has always been a thing in Aion. I'm not saying that it isn't a broker-bot-program, but it is also possible that it's just a player playing at the broker.

There is an easy fix. Just don't sell things for under the market value. Sell at our slightly above market value and then transfer the kinah back to your other account. Ofc you lose the broker fees, but it's better to have less kinah and your item than less kinah and no item.

2 hours ago, Forgotten-DN said:

You're not wrong, but don't shoot the messenger; Cyan doesn't choose which events we get. All their previous returning player events have been structured in a similar fashion so it's intentional or they've clearly learned nothing over the years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not shooting the messenger.  I'm simply replying to a comment he made.  So no worries.

Nice work Cyan your support team is completely useless even when you provide evidence.

'Greetings,

This is GM Yehara. Please understand that the Broker system is only meant to sell items, not as a feature to trade your items to your other characters. Since this feature is working as intended, we will not be restoring the items you've placed on the Broker.

As for the player you've reported, we don't have any sufficient evidence to prove that this player use a third-party program to "snipe" your items from the Broker.

As much as we want to assist you, we have thoroughly reviewed your request and there's nothing more we can add. Kindly consider this request as solved and any further appeal will not receive a response.

For any other issues or requests,  feel free to contact us from a new ticket. Until then, take care.

Best Regards,

GM Yehara
NCSOFT Support Team'

Seriously how do these people have jobs with such incompetence and they can just tell you that they will ignore you even though the issue isn't resolved.

8 hours ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

Nice work Cyan your support team is completely useless even when you provide evidence.

'Greetings,

This is GM Yehara. Please understand that the Broker system is only meant to sell items, not as a feature to trade your items to your other characters. Since this feature is working as intended, we will not be restoring the items you've placed on the Broker.

As for the player you've reported, we don't have any sufficient evidence to prove that this player use a third-party program to "snipe" your items from the Broker.

As much as we want to assist you, we have thoroughly reviewed your request and there's nothing more we can add. Kindly consider this request as solved and any further appeal will not receive a response.

For any other issues or requests,  feel free to contact us from a new ticket. Until then, take care.

Best Regards,

GM Yehara
NCSOFT Support Team'

Seriously how do these people have jobs with such incompetence and they can just tell you that they will ignore you even though the issue isn't resolved.

Because in this case, they are correct.

Understand that there are legit players who "play the broker". I have known players who would buy a whole page of items just to repost them at a higher price. So they were manipulating the cost of something everyone needed (like run speed scrolls back in the day) and making money that way. It is possible that one of those type of players was sitting at the broker, searching "ultimate" and hitting refresh over and over. They are waiting for some sucker to try and pass their alt a piece of gear for cheap and making money that way. They have 10's of billions. Spending a billion to make 500 million is nothing to them.

The fix is easy. Don't sell things for cheaper than the going rate.

17 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Because in this case, they are correct.

Understand that there are legit players who "play the broker". I have known players who would buy a whole page of items just to repost them at a higher price. So they were manipulating the cost of something everyone needed (like run speed scrolls back in the day) and making money that way. It is possible that one of those type of players was sitting at the broker, searching "ultimate" and hitting refresh over and over. They are waiting for some sucker to try and pass their alt a piece of gear for cheap and making money that way. They have 10's of billions. Spending a billion to make 500 million is nothing to them.

The fix is easy. Don't sell things for cheaper than the going rate.

You really think a legitimate player would hit refresh over and over for dozens of hours?

I have know people who make kinah not by farming and selling crafting materials, or crafted gear, etc. etc. those people have told me the make kinah by working the broker, and that means waiting for someone to put an item with a low price on sale in the broker, buy it, and so put it on sale again at a higher price.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived