Skin Farming in 7.0

Vantheria-DN

There is a nice thread here on the forums about farming skins in 6.0, but much of the info is outdated since it’s from 6.0. I’ve been doing a lot of skin farming lately, so here is a bunch of info about current old skins available. I am only listing the skins that are farmable for level 80 toons. There are other skins inside some of these instances, but they cannot be passed to a level 80 toon because they are inside of ancient/legendary gear boxes. For example, the final boss in Esoterrace drops a box of legendary gear which is the Abyssal skin; it can only be looted by the toon which killed the boss. If you bring in a level 80 toon, it can loot everything else on the boss, just not the equipment box. Rentus Base also drops the old Vasharti gear and weapon skins, but again, they are in a box and are not passable to level 80 toons.

How to create a proper group that will allow a level 80 toon to loot the skins:

1. Your “skin farming” toon will be within 10 levels of whichever instance you are farming. For example, if you are farming in an instance where the mobs are level 27, your toon will need to be no higher than level 36.
  2. You will need two toons in the group: a level 1 on a separate account and a level 37/45/whatever on your main account. Your level 1 toon should be in the group the entire time, regardless of how much switching you do for other toons to loot.
  3. Your level 1 toon can just sit at Ishalgen or wherever. Bring your level 37 (or whatever) toon inside the instance by itself (while in group with the level 1) and kill mobs/beat the instance.
  4. Note: If white skins drop on the regular mobs, go to character screen with your level 37 toon -- DO NOT LEAVE GROUP -- and switch to your level 80 toon. The *regular* mob loot despawns within 5 minutes, so you must be very fast on those. Loot it on your level 80 toon and then go back to character screen and switch back to your level 37 toon. Continue the instance.
  5. After you kill the final boss in the instance, you will probably have a 15-minute wait period (see notes for each instance below for exceptions) before you can loot on another toon. So kill the boss and then go to character screen -- again, DO NOT LEAVE GROUP -- and switch to your level 80 toon. Bring it inside the instance (the level 1 should still be chilling in group with you) and wait by the boss until it becomes lootable.
  6. As a general rule, your level 1 toon should always be in the group from start to finish. Do not ever make it leave or you risk the group falling apart and you being kicked from the instance before you're done looting.

** When you enter lower level instances, such as Haramel or Lower Udas Temple, select “Enter with my squad” or some such phrasing; don’t enter the instance in the solo mode. **

Frostforged Gear Skins

XgB8Icf.jpg ps7qk3H.jpg BCo9hAM.jpg 8B5ly6J.jpg 

Name of the skins in 7.0: Wind or Earth
Where to get: Haramel, Alquimia Research Center, Kromede’s Trial
Level your farming toon needs to be: 6-32
Type of loot: White gear pieces
How to get: They are found on both regular mobs and Hamerun, the final boss; see notes at the top of this post on how to loot.
Special notes: The mini-boss mob that prowls around outside of the Haramel entrance also drops one piece of this gear, and it is also passable to level 80 toons in the same way, so make sure to kill him before you actually enter the instance. The drop rate is much lower in Alquimia, so I recommend just keeping your toon at level 9 until you’ve collected all the pieces you need from Haramel before ascending to level 10.

Malefic Gear and Weapon Skins

BHNjgho.png

A9VEzcc.jpg

tXDp9wD.jpg

Name of the skins in 7.0: Starspark
Where to get: Fire Temple, Bakarma Fortress, Taloc’s Hollow, Esoterrace
Level your farming toon needs to be: 31-51
How to get: They are found on both regular mobs and bosses; see notes at the top of this post on how to loot.
Special notes: FT drops a different, non-Malefic shield, which is called Starspark like the other Malefic gear, but it’s not the Malefic shield. I’m not sure what it is, so I included a picture of it. FT also has a chance to spawn Vile Judge Kromede as the final boss and she drops the old Kromede weapon skins, but several of them are the extendable versions, so they cannot be skinned onto level 80 weapons. FT is the best/fastest/easiest way to farm these Malefic skin pieces.

Infinity Shard/Hyperion Gear Skins

rohqPaG.jpg

TKf0rwC.jpg

Name of the skins in 7.0: Heartwave or Aegis
Where to get: Lower Udas Temple, Rentus Base, Beshmundir Temple, Dragon Lord’s Refuge, Tiamat Stronghold
Level your farming toon needs to be: 49-80 (recommend waiting until 52 for Udas Temple because Besh at level 49 is almost impossible)
How to get: They are found on both regular mobs and bosses; see notes at the top of this post on how to loot.
Special notes: The cloth version is the special songweaver version; does not have the sorc/sm version of cloth. There are both leather versions – regular and special gunner. All pieces are available, including the hats. The mace and shield can also be found. It’s possible the other weapons are around, but I haven’t seen them in about a dozen runs. In Dragon Lord’s Refuge, the skin is on Calindi, not the final chest. (There is technically also one in the chest, but it's not passable to other toons.) Calindi’s loot timer is 15 minutes, so you can finish the instance before you bring in your level 80 toon. Lower Udas Temple is the best/easiest/fastest way to farm these skins.

Tiamat Stronghold Weapon Skins

zBBdH1c.jpg

Name of the skins in 7.0: Ancient Drakanfire
Where to get: Tiamat Stronghold
Level your farming toon needs to be: 71-80
Type of loot: Ancient weapon box
How to get: It is found on the boss, Tahabata. They are not passable between characters as they are inside boxes, but you can just run the instances on your level 80 toons since Tahabata is a level 71 mob!
Special notes: These DO have the red glow on them! You must actually bring a 2nd toon inside the instance with you. Just holding the group is not enough. For some reason, the weapon box only drops from Tahabata when at least two toons are inside the boss room. Unfortunately, since they are inside weapon boxes, you will get the "best" one for your class. For example, as a chanter, I am given a box with a staff; I don't get to choose a mace or shield instead.

Fallen Poeta/Kroban Gear and Weapon Skins

QW86AUt.jpg

Name of the skins in 7.0: Helio’s
Where to get: Open world Lakrum/Demaha, Bastion of Souls, Primeth’s Forge, Stellin Laboratories
Level your farming toon needs to be: No level restriction as long as you are strong enough to kill the mobs
How to get: They are found on regular mobs; see notes at the top of this post on how to loot.
Special notes: They were called Volcanic in 6.x patches. No image of all the weapons together; google "Aion Kroban weapons" for images of them individually from Aion Powerbook.

Blood Mark Gear and Weapon Skins

787bcbb03d2aa257d8ba87cfe450e372.jpg

E7qe9Sv.jpg

Name of the skins in 7.0: Lakrum Protector
Where to get: Yellow/dark blue quests when you first enter the Lakrum map
Level your farming toon needs to be: 76-80
Type of loot: Ancient gear
How to get: Quest rewards
Special notes: The white version shown above is the Lakrum Protector pve gear; the gray version (not pictured here) is the pvp gear.

Harvester Gear and Weapon Skins

P3srKSF.jpg

ythw5UI.jpg

Name of the skins in 7.0: Ancient Nighthaze
Where to get: Bastion of Souls, Frozen Monolith
Level your farming toon needs to be: 76-80
Type of loot: Ancient gear
How to get: They are found on the bosses. They are not passable between characters as they are inside boxes, but you can just run the instances on your level 80 toons.
Special notes: None

OTHER SKINS YOU GET WHILE LEVELING, BUT NOT PASSABLE TO LEVEL 80 TOONS:

- Level 1 starter gear – “Old” – original starter skin

- Level 1-9 gear – “Apprentice” – Fabled Kahrun skin – Looks like: https://66.media.tumblr.com/148477c525121e325526c504aa2dfdf3/tumblr_pevjsom1Dg1rjzgqyo2_250.png

- Level 10 gear – “Traveler” – Siel’s Forgotten skin – Looks like: https://www.daevasreport.com/images/multimedia/screenshots/3-0_screenshots_armors03.jpg

- Level 10 wings (yellow quest) – “Verdict” – Norsvold starter wings (assume Elyos get their Iluma version, but not sure) – Looks like: https://aionpowerbook.com/preview/wings/wing_q04a_1.jpg

- Level 10-20 gear – “Verdict” – Ceramium coin skin (white) – Looks different for Elyos and Asmos

- Level 20 purple weapons – “Dundis” – same as Verdict

- Level 20-40 Gear – “Adjudication” – Ceramium coin skin (purple) – Looks different for Elyos and Asmos

- Level 40-55 gear – “Indomitable” – Eternal Kahrun skin – Looks like: http://cmsstatic.aionfreetoplay.com/armor3.jpg

- Level 50 purple weapons – “Lakeanimum” – unknown blue/black (similar to Beritra skin, but not quite the same)

- Level 50-74 Gear and weapons – “Sunburst” – Danuar Sanctuary skin – Looks like: https://www.daevasreport.com/2013/05/07/aion-4-0-danuar-shalter-gear/

- Level 60 purple weapons – “Roaring Kirrin” – Hyperion skin – Looks like: https://live.staticflickr.com/8690/16989487461_a678e15206_b.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7. Never use transform and stand afk in town 24/7 ;)

P.S. Good job btw and yeah i still have skins from TL shugos, Eltnen Shugo (Defeated Archon Set), token skins, 1 alt full bag/wh with skin boxes from Sanctum NPC and much more. <3 old skins but even they cant make me log in anymore ........................  Geez got even Arcanus' Wing Feather and that was damn hard back then.

10 minutes ago, Svaite-DN said:

7. Never use transform and stand afk in town 24/7 ;)

P.S. Good job btw and yeah i still have skins from TL shugos, Eltnen Shugo (Defeated Archon Set), token skins, 1 alt full bag/wh with skin boxes from Sanctum NPC and much more. <3 old skins but even they cant make me log in anymore ........................  Geez got even Arcanus' Wing Feather and that was damn hard back then.

Transparent scrolls are more available now than ever before, so stock up! I use them exclusively on my main and my favorite alt.

Yeah, I have 6 cabinets, 2 pets, and half my warehouse filled with skins. Kinda sad lmao.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Transparent scrolls are more available now than ever before, so stock up! I use them exclusively on my main and my favorite alt.

Yeah, I have 6 cabinets, 2 pets, and half my warehouse filled with skins. Kinda sad lmao.

Transparent scrolls on the broker right now are often at or below the cost of regular scrolls from the Gold Sands.

9 minutes ago, Kemana-KT said:

@Vantheria-DN Hm, I can't seem to find the Campaign quests for that on my new Vandal. The only gear set that I got for hitting level 10 was the Apprentice set and a box called Budding Deava's Equipment Box. Does the Traveler's gear come from that box?

Yep, that's where it is. Open that box and it will have several pieces of gear in it.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Iamloveshaft-KT said:

does the malefic still drop? ive been running ft with 2 differenct alts the last 3 days doing full clears and only get the frostforged skins havent seen any malefic at all. just the skin that drops in the gold kromede chest but as you said thats unlootable for mains

Hm really? That's too bad. I guess they changed it. That sucks a lot. :(

2 hours ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

Wow thank you, just the thing I was looking for. I need that Malefic Hauberk skin which I lost a while ago.

Well, it seems Aion MIGHT have removed the Malefic drops. See the post a few above yours:

On 11/17/2019 at 10:00 AM, Iamloveshaft-KT said:

does the malefic still drop? ive been running ft with 2 differenct alts the last 3 days doing full clears and only get the frostforged skins havent seen any malefic at all. just the skin that drops in the gold kromede chest but as you said thats unlootable for mains

Note, I have not confirmed this myself. I haven't had a chance to run any FT, Bakarma Fortress, etc to see if I get any Starspark (Malefic).

34 minutes ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

Frostforge is the malefic set though and I have seen it.

No. The Frostforged armor is a blue version of the original black Malefic skin. @Iamloveshaft-KT is referring to the actual Malefic skin -- the black version.

Frostforged:

On 10/18/2019 at 4:20 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

XgB8Icf.jpg ps7qk3H.jpg 

Malefic:

On 10/18/2019 at 4:20 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

BHNjgho.png

2 hours ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

can't you have a level 80 in Account A waiting in group outside the entrance while a level 32 in Account B runs in the instance to get the skins?

Unfortunately, no. I did test this. If there is a character *in the group* that is over 10 levels above the mobs in the instance, you will not get any loot from any of the mobs -- even if that level 80 character is outside of the instance. That said, your group holder doesn't have to be level 1. It can be within 10 levels of the mobs. I just said level 1 because it's obviously very easy to make a level 1 character, and that level 1 won't out-level any of the instances, including Haramel.

Archived