Skin Farming in 7.0

Vantheria-DN

@Vantheria-DN What is the difference in dynamic between having a level 80 toon + a level 30-ish toon + a level 1 toon in a group and being able to loot, versus just a level 80 toon + a 30-ish toon in a group? When I tried to loot a level 20 boss with a level 30 toon (and a level 20), I could not get any loot. It wasn't an instance boss, just a named boss (if that matters). Just curious about what makes arrangement different?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I can explain, but there are a lot of cases. In a 1-1 toon kills NPC, the amount of loot depends on the difference in levels. Full loot up to about a difference of 7 then reducing loot, with a difference of 10 or more being no loot. So a L30 player killing a L20 NPC never gets loot.

If a member of a group kills an NPC, then the loot depends on the highest level member of the group, but not counting the mentor.

So an L80 mentor + L30 + L20 will get the same loot as a L30 1-1 kill.

Now, Vantheria has a more complex explanation of what happens if you wait to the last 30 seconds or so before the dead character goes away. In this case, sometimes a player not in the group that killed the NPC can collect the loot. However, as far as I know, a player out of the group cannot collect loot that wasn't there in the first place, which is what I explained in this post before this paragraph.

Good question.

On 3/20/2020 at 7:39 PM, Gallium-DN said:

@Vantheria-DN What is the difference in dynamic between having a level 80 toon + a level 30-ish toon + a level 1 toon in a group and being able to loot, versus just a level 80 toon + a 30-ish toon in a group? When I tried to loot a level 20 boss with a level 30 toon (and a level 20), I could not get any loot. It wasn't an instance boss, just a named boss (if that matters). Just curious about what makes arrangement different?

Glinda gives a good long explanation. I'll try to expound further.

The reason I recommend a level 1 toon as your group holder is because A) it's super easy to make a level 1 toon and B) it is the lowest level possible, so even if you're farming level 5 mobs, it won't affect your ability to loot. But the actual answer is as Glinda said; your group holder can be 9 levels higher than the mob you are killing. Once it reaches 10 levels (or higher), you won't be able to loot. So if you have a level 80 toon in your group, you will not be able to loot. You need to have a level 30 toon and a level 1 toon (or a toon that is no higher than 9 levels above the mob). Remove your level 80 toon until AFTER you have killed the mob.

- Make group with level 1 toon and level 30 toon.
- Sit level 1 toon in Ishalgen afk.
- Enter instance with level 30 toon.
- Kill crap, but don't loot mobs.
- On your level 30 toon, go to character screen. DO NOT LEAVE THE GROUP. Keep your level 1 in group still too.
- Have your level 1 invite your level 80 to that same group. (Your level 30 should still be in group, just offline.)
- Enter the instance on your level 80 toon.
- Wait 5-15 minutes for the mob(s) to become lootable and then loot them on your level 80 toon.

• 2 weeks later...

There is another way to get skins that I haven't seen mentioned in this post. There are a NPCs that drop exactly one armor item every kill, subject to a <10 level difference. With a respawn time of usually 5 minutes, you seem to get much more useful loot per unit time than going after regular drops. Each kill yields a cloth, leather, chain, or plate item, so you have a 25% chance of getting something useful to your class. You either get a piece of armor or a weapon.

I've set up groups all controlled with me where one character gets the, say, leather and another gets the cloth. This doubles the class-relevant loot per unit time. I ran into Gallium and one of his/her friends and we ended up with a group with three classes covered.

These NPCs seem to have five white dots, they are not elite, and the tend to be in conspicuous places (usually walking down the main path in a region). About half are "preemptive strike."

You probably knew all this.

But let me be useful by posting my list of these NPCs. There must be quite a few others. It would be interesting to have other people contribute to the list. Use Google to find out where they are.

Adapter Kermio, L73, Conqueror

Scotch Bonnet Bartul, L65, Heartwave

Zephyrwing Klare, L60, Heartwave

Kyang Redmane, L55, Aegis

Amalen the Forlorn, L40, (I didn't record the type)

Stormwings Dugolle, L40, Tempest (multiple channels in this region)

Blade Captain Gauri, L35, Squall (multiple channels in this region)

Mob outside of Haramel, L10. (I didn't record the type; there are five channels)

The boyfriend and I leveled toons to run Beshmundir Temple to check on skins availability in there. Since BT is NOT soloable at its level (took us a while to kill basic mobs with ultimate xforms, full cubics, +12 stigmas etc), I had not checked on the  skin situation in there.

Sadly, the regular mobs drop the IS skins (easily obtainable in Udas Temple and other places). The first few mini-bosses only drop IS skins as well. Isbariya the Resolute (2nd to last boss) and Stormwing DO drop the Stormwing skins. Unfortunately, they drop in ancient armor/weapon boxes which are not transferable to level 80 toons. I did try to pass them to my main just to confirm, but no-go. So sad news, but there we go. No Stormwing skins for level 80 toons.

23 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

[snip] No Stormwing skins for level 80 toons.

Stormwing skins along with what looks like Prowess sets will make a return to the game starting April 8th in Korea with the 7.6 patch The Secret Sword.

7437f0310a20d0325cf53557691f6ac1c519881d

These are either Aetherforged or come out of the level 80 updated Beshmundir Temple of Storm.

[Source] https://shugogirl.tumblr.com/post/614419222062399488/aion-76-the-secret-sword

• 3 weeks later...

I certainly hope this is true and some of these skins are coming back in the 7.6 patch as @Shaidessa-KT says eh? I haven't been on my Korea account in some time as I recently had to re-load Windows on my gamer and also my laptop I use for gaming needed a Windows 10 upgrade so I'm currently re-installing some games on my big machine and all of them on the laptop. Considering all the games I play this is a monumental task on the laptop alone. Thank the heavens that my Gamer uses SSD's and my games are on a separate SSD from the SSD Windows is on. My only mistake was I screwed up a bit and forgot to copy everything from my App/Data file/s on my C:\ for all my games so some aren't opening correctly or not at all like AION NA (my main) and AION Korea and I'm having to re-install them. My AION EU seems to be OK tho.

And what a pain all of this re-installing is too. Half my Mass Effects need re-installed as well and I have all the DLC's. It's a pain where a pill won't help believe me. This is what I get for re-installing Windows while upset in a fit of anger.

20 hours ago, Riot-KT said:

https://ibb.co/ckPk4xR

Hey I'm looking for this skin!

Not sure if the scarf is the shoulders or the chest piece but wondering how to get it in 7.0

https://ibb.co/ckPk4xR

Oh boy. It took a little digging but... unless someone has these stashed in a cabinet on a piece of tradeable gear AND is willing to sell them to you they are NOT available.

The chest, pants, shoes and gloves are all Deft Counsel's Cloth (dyed True White).

The scarf is even more rare. That is the Reian Rebel Leather shoulders from OC Rentus. That bugger hasn't been in the game in ages.

3-0_rentus_leather_01_f.jpg

Now for the worse news. Even if you were to acquire all of these pieces you can't wear them all due to the 6.0 changes that restrict armor to classes. T.T

2 hours ago, Hallo-DN said:

Is there way to get this skin for 80 lv toon? I know these skins drop from alquimia research center instance but thats 18 lv instance

https://images.app.goo.gl/vmFwvo9hUk1f3Pni8

I actually have not seen this skin anywhere in Alquimia Research Center, and I've brought several low level toons in there within the past 6 months. Where did you get the info that it dropped there?

On 18/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

How to create a proper group that will allow a level 80 toon to loot the skins:

1. Your “skin farming” toon will be within 10 levels of whichever instance you are farming. For example, if you are farming in an instance where the mobs are level 27, your toon will need to be no higher than level 36.
  2. You will need two toons in the group: a level 1 on a separate account and a level 37/45/whatever on your main account. Your level 1 toon should be in the group the entire time, regardless of how much switching you do for other toons to loot.
  3. Your level 1 toon can just sit at Ishalgen or wherever. Bring your level 37 (or whatever) toon inside the instance by itself (while in group with the level 1) and kill mobs/beat the instance.
  4. Note: If white skins drop on the regular mobs, go to character screen with your level 37 toon -- DO NOT LEAVE GROUP -- and switch to your level 80 toon. The *regular* mob loot despawns within 5 minutes, so you must be very fast on those. Loot it on your level 80 toon and then go back to character screen and switch back to your level 37 toon. Continue the instance.
  5. After you kill the final boss in the instance, you will probably have a 15-minute wait period (see notes for each instance below for exceptions) before you can loot on another toon. So kill the boss and then go to character screen -- again, DO NOT LEAVE GROUP -- and switch to your level 80 toon. Bring it inside the instance (the level 1 should still be chilling in group with you) and wait by the boss until it becomes lootable.
  6. As a general rule, your level 1 toon should always be in the group from start to finish. Do not ever make it leave or you risk the group falling apart and you being kicked from the instance before you're done looting.

This works to loot housing souvenirs too ?

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

This works to loot housing souvenirs too ?

Actually you don't even need to go through all that hoop-la just for a souvenir! You can just go right in with your level 80 toon and loot it directly. I just tested it in BT to confirm it still works.

iWOW1S9.jpg

14 hours ago, Hallo-DN said:

Is there way to get this skin for 80 lv toon? I know these skins drop from alquimia research center instance but thats 18 lv instance

https://images.app.goo.gl/vmFwvo9hUk1f3Pni8

I'm with @Vantheria on this. I'm not sure who told you that set drops in Alquima but they're wrong.

That is Master Noble Durable Drenium Plate. It has never be available as a drop. It was an armor smithing master craft in previous patches. It was available as a skin set through the BCM for a long time but considering the current and extremely neglected state of the cash shop I wouldn't hold my breath.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 27/04/2020 at 6:37 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

Actually you don't even need to go through all that hoop-la just for a souvenir! You can just go right in with your level 80 toon and loot it directly. I just tested it in BT to confirm it still works.

iWOW1S9.jpg

Van, can you confirm if this is the souvenir we can drop as lvl 80?

040666326ef0fa4c8c91d4da81c8eea3.png 

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2019 at 1:17 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

4-0_concept_art_armors_beritra01.jpg

Great news, skin friends! The Beritra skins (above) are back in the game with this most recent patch!!!

How to get:

Enter Esoterrace (located in Gelkmaros/Inggison) on your level 80 toon and kill the final boss, Warden Surama. He will drop 1 piece of random purple gear. It's called Legendary Nighthaze like the old 7.0-7.2 stuff, but it's the Beritra skins now! Note, I am not sure yet if both types of leather and both types of cloth are available. It might only be one or the other.

15 hours ago, 1s329EE3-KT said:

How do you get Warden surama to spawn? He was there the first time I did it from the cutscene, now the other times its just normal Kexkra at the end

Start attacking the boss. At like 90%, he'll disappear and turn into Warden Surama.

Archived