Prestige Pass: Why Pay Twice For Quest Rewards?

Kinetika-KT

If for some reason we can't complete Prestige Pass quests before it expires, we should be able to turn in Prestige quests and get rewards at our convenience even after expiration of Prestige, rather than only access rewards for the completed quests only after renewing Prestige Pass, and after renewing PP to claim old rewards we can't take the quests corresponding to the new PP right away - we have to wait for the next weekly reset. We already paid for those rewards - which is how we were able to take those quests in the first place. Why make us pay twice for the same 1 enchantment stone from IDD? Seems rather unfair and fishy to me. @Cyan , please pass the message along, and I hope NC will make it right. Thank you.

So basically you want to be able to double dip just because your Prestige wore off during the week?

If you take the IDD quest for example, it provides Prestige Pack people a way to earn one Ult PvE stone each week. If for some reason you take that quest but don't do an IDD, you won't get the stone that week. If you do the quest but don't turn it in until the next week, you can't retake the quest until the following Wednesday. That's the way the quests work normally with your Prestige active the whole time.

You propose that if your Prestige expires, you should be able to earn 2 ult stones during the week where your Prestige wares out and you purchase a new one.

How is that paying for something twice?

Just make sure you to turn your quests in ASAP after doing them and you won't have an issue.

Just now, Afterglow-KT said:

@Aly-DN Using the IDD example, by buying 1 month Prestige Pass, I've paid for 4 ultimate stones for 4 runs total, and that's what I basically want to receive, not having to pay again in order to receive the 4th stone I already paid for. Not sure how that's "basically double dipping". 

If you get two one week, then you potentially get 5 in that month. Not 4.

The thing is, you aren't paying for "4 ult stones from 4 runs". You are paying for the opportunity to get one free ult stone each week if you complete a quest. If you don't turn the quest in, then you didn't complete the quest. Completion requires delivering the quest.

How many times have you killed the 10 enemies that you need to complete the "Lucky Room" quest that gives 20 GP and then forgotten to actually deliver (turn in/complete) the quest? So the next day you go to do it again and.. oops! You can turn it in for the new day, but you can't pick it up again because you didn't meet the requirements. The requirements being that it can only be completed once per day. You completed that quest once today and can't take it again.. even though you killed the enemies yesterday.

The Prestige quests are the same. Part of the requirements are that you have to be a Prestige Pack member. Not just to pick it up, but also to complete it.

50/50

IMHO you should be able to turn in the quests at anytime whether you have prestige or not. If you completed the task(s) you should be able to receive the awards. IIRC you could still use the prestige coin vendor w/o prestige, why would there be any limit on turning in a quest?

But you should not gain any abnormal/early reset.

1 hour ago, Afterglow-KT said:

@Aly-DN I wouldn't get 5 per month because I would have had skipped a week and got 0. 

So you forgot to turn in your IDD quest once and you want the way Prestige and all quests, really, to change? That's more than a little self-centered, don't you think?

As Blue said, if they want to change it so that quests picked up when someone has Prestige can be turned in even after their Prestige has expired, that's fine. But no one should be able to turn in a weekly quest more than once per week.

@Aly-DN Please drop that tone, it's ugly, uncalled for and unnecesarry. Also, please, drop the assumptions about my circumstances and motives.

My Prestige expired and I don't plan to renew it right away, as I don't have much time to play and use up the perks. I would like, however, to receive the rewards I already paid for. 

Archived