Jump to content
TheSecretCowLeve-KT

Notice to all players without PvP gear: DO NOT APPLY TO PVP INSTANCES

Recommended Posts

rHpFuHY.jpg

Purifying PvP gear requires

  • Millions of AP
  • Enchantment Stones
  • Fighting Spirit Fragments
  • Legendary / Ultimate Etiums

PvP Instances provide the above the above items. So, according to Unbeatable-KT, if you are not PvP geared than do not join PvP instances.

Your alternatives are as follows:

  • Millions of AP
  • Enchantment Stones
    • Ancient Enchantment Stones: Buy with Genesis Crystals (About 7 GC for 1 Ancient Enchantment Stone)
    • Legendary Enchantment Stones: 16 Stelliums + 3 Ancient Enchantment Stones (Legendary Coupons 5x per week limit - 80 Stelliums to max out weekly purchase limit)
  • Fighting Spirit Fragments (See spreadsheet for expected costs to make one unit)
    • Buy Genesis Crystal equipment and extract them
    • Level up Aetherforging to at least 100p and craft only Ancient T1 PvP Equipment
    • Purchase Conqueror / Gilded equipment from broker
  • Legendary / Ultimate Etiums
    • Legendary Etiums: 3-man Herelym Mine
    • Ultimate Etiums: Each unit purchased with 14 Stelliums. Takes 560 Stelliums to max out weekly purchase limit.
Edited by TheSecretCowLeve-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

Did you "apply" to Unbeatable's group? Or was this is quick queue? If someone wants to restrict their groups to certain gear levels, then that is their right. If the group is marked "geared" and you apply and aren't, then that's on you for lying about your gear level. But if we are talking about a pug/quick queue, then they have no right to tell anyone that they have no right to apply. 

Also, seeing a name that has popped up on The Big Bad Hat List, too. So all the gear in the world might not have made any difference in this particular situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The LFG post was "ID geared". Yet Aquartist had ancient weapon from FM and all Lakrum armor.

"Geared" is too vague. And Unbeatable did not gear check people who joined that group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you CowLevel. this is why you are my go to for aion information. If only people such as Unbeatable could share the light on how to get gear rather than just excluding them altogether. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
10 minutes ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

The LFG post was "ID geared". Yet Aquartist had ancient weapon from FM and all Lakrum armor.

"Geared" is too vague. And Unbeatable did not gear check people who joined that group.

Yikes. By anyone's definition, Aquartist isn't geared.

Would suggest adding "PvP" to the "geared" message or maybe "legendary PvP gear min" just to be clearer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Its common sense to know whats needed to join these groups.

^^^^Agreed^^^^^ I myself won't join a group unless my gear and ability to transform is comparable to theirs. But y'all are right MooMoo, Aly. "Geared' is just too vague and not enough info so I'll avoid a group like this if at all possible. Y'all are also right about quick Queves. I avoid these as well as much as possible but I sometimes too get in a hurry like any other person and with these you've no right to discriminate. Mr. big bad hat list should be a lil more specific on what kind of geared ppl they are looking for.

I pretty much stay in PVP gear these days (especially in Lakrum) due to the "New Twinks" as I call them and their affinity for ambush tactics in pairs or threesomes.

Edited by Aieryn-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't mean to be rude, especially if you're a new player, so I apologize for that.

This isn't a big deal to begin with as it was one ID, and it was already forgotten about 2 minutes after, but I guess I'll clarify some things.

1) It wasn't my group. I joined the group last in LFG. I was simply given lead inside to mark and call out targets.

2) The LFG recruit title said geared.

So just some friendly advice for new players or returning players with almost no gear. If you're going to apply to PvP instances with Lakrum gear (PvE gear) do it on your own terms. What that means def don't apply to a group that says geared as you will get 1 shotted against a premade. This gives you still the option to join an instance, either by entering the quick queue, or either putting up an LFG link that indicates that you're not looking for geared people.

Happy gaming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

I didn't mean to be rude, especially if you're a new player, so I apologize for that.

This isn't a big deal to begin with as it was one ID, and it was already forgotten about 2 minutes after, but I guess I'll clarify some things.

1) It wasn't my group. I joined the group last in LFG. I was simply given lead inside to mark and call out targets.

2) The LFG recruit title said geared.

So just some friendly advice for new players or returning players with almost no gear. If you're going to apply to PvP instances with Lakrum gear (PvE gear) do it on your own terms. What that means def don't apply to a group that says geared as you will get 1 shotted against a premade. This gives you still the option to join an instance, either by entering the quick queue, or either putting up an LFG link that indicates that you're not looking for geared people.

Happy gaming!

Thanks for clearing that up..............( dammit I lost my ten foot pole again, lol) All in good fun y'all. Seriously, thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the PvE vs PvP gear, you should be looking at the sums of:

  • Physical/Magical Attack + PvP Attack = PvP Physical/Magical Attack
  • Physical/Magical Defense + PvP Defense = PvP Physical/Magical Defense
  • (Same thing for total PvE stats too)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Regarding the PvE vs PvP gear, you should be looking at the sums of:

  • Physical/Magical Attack + PvP Attack = PvP Physical/Magical Attack
  • Physical/Magical Defense + PvP Defense = PvP Physical/Magical Defense
  • (Same thing for total PvE stats too)

 

 

Thanks MooMoo. Couldn't have said it better myself. You always have the level head out of all of we veterans, lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jinky-KT   

The other day i was on my Ranger and someone posted "geared ID" so I posted in lfg my 50E chest piece +15 and +15 Taha bow, yes i saved them XD. They got a chuckle and invited me lol. I am not geared past mostly ancient so I joked with them and left group. I only QE because I am not geared well enough just have fun its a game ffs over and out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's to funny.. I use my chanter in all PVE ultimate gear and survive quite well.. I do ADs and other instances and have won most of them. Some take this game to serious "But: they have that right too. so if I get invites its cool - if not that's also ok with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IB too , no? Stats standardized/removed in the instance etc.

Title is a bit misleading--it should be, "Don't apply to groups asking for geared applicants if you're not in good gear" or some such.

 

 

EDIT: or maybe, given the screenshot, the title should be "Don't apply to that dude's group."

Edited by 1s8B7B8-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-DN   
33 minutes ago, Winterfresh-KT said:

That's to funny.. I use my chanter in all PVE ultimate gear and survive quite well.. I do ADs and other instances and have won most of them. Some take this game to serious "But: they have that right too. so if I get invites its cool - if not that's also ok with me. 

Knowing how stats work would help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooo you are in Lakrum gear when if you do your weekly camps and a few FM's you can be in at least ancient PvP/instance PvE gear in about a couple hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is nonsensic. If you make an LFG post asking for people to be geared, it's your job to check the gear of the incoming people. Its easy to see who is in lakrum gear or initial crap by checking their skin anyway. 

Regardless, high level pve gear deals more damage than low lv pvp gear and so is the opposite.

 

If this is about quick entry, then anyone with any gear can apply.

Edited by Matsukamy-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Purifying PvP gear requires

  • Millions of AP
  • Enchantment Stones
  • Fighting Spirit Fragments
  • Legendary / Ultimate Etiums

PvP Instances provide the above the above items. So, according to Unbeatable-KT, if you are not PvP geared than do not join PvP instances.

 

Well.. Its annoying many times.. Most of the time PRO or super geared players doesnt like to carry newbis. Thats why I do solo.. I go to quick play to almost all instances that I can go.. most of the time Im lucky and get players that doesnt go AFK and/or the opposite team has the same level as my quick play team.

I have my full legendary set, one piece on ult.. so, little by little you can get your gear, without the need to work with PRO geared players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hallo-DN   

Quick entry is there for a reason, duh. This game is very gear dependent, so other players dont carry people and waste their entry on people who arent ready for the instance. 

I think for instances like IB is fine, as long you know what to do. If you have decent pve gear, you can do dredge (pvp gear isnt a must but might get premade group).

I dont really gear check but I only go with people that I know.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what the deal is here because I thought everyone kind of knew that no gear = quick queue -- or at the least, apply for a group that doesn't have "geared" in the title. I quick queued into two IBs yesterday and lost both, but it was no big deal because I was stepping away from my computer fairly often. If I apply for a premade group, I am intending to win and have the gear to support it. If a post says "ID Geared," then it's very clear that they want you to have good--or at least decent--pvp gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I'm not sure what the deal is here because I thought everyone kind of knew that no gear = quick queue -- or at the least, apply for a group that doesn't have "geared" in the title. I quick queued into two IBs yesterday and lost both, but it was no big deal because I was stepping away from my computer fairly often. If I apply for a premade group, I am intending to win and have the gear to support it. If a post says "ID Geared," then it's very clear that they want you to have good--or at least decent--pvp gear.

Pretty much this.  People that are trying to form a "geared" group are willing to wait a little bit in order to have the best chance at not blowing their run in the event of an opposing premade.  That means, don't join this group if you aren't geared.  Don't join this group if you don't know what "geared" means.  Ask the poster if you aren't sure.  Also, it's not ok to join and hope to pass a gear check later.  Having or not having a gear check doesn't make it ok to join a geared run when you aren't geared.  People knowing and following these unwritten rules makes taking the time to do gear checks unnecessary.  That's why it's in the LFG post.  Be responsible and don't join if you aren't qualified for this particular group.  Quick queue, join another group that doesn't list a qualification, or form your own group.

I ran this same experiment the other night.  Looking for "ID pvp geared" and got ppl in rubbish.  They knew they were in rubbish, they just wanted to get in a run.  That's why this forum post is here.  Please stop doing this.  Or we'll have to go back to gear checks, and nobody likes those.

PS:  On the off chance someone seriously doesn't know what "geared" means.  To me, it means at least full T2 legendary pvp gear.  That's the lowest I'd accept.  You should really have multiple pieces of T2 ultimate, preferably +15.  Sorry, your old T1 ultimate trade-in gear isn't "geared" anymore.  You'll get wrecked by those in T2 legendary, not to mention ultimate.  And that's point.  A good "geared" group might still lose to a PocoSin or XO premade, but it should be reasonably close.

If you join a "geared" group and do get 1-shot, expect to be trolled in LFG and in the forums.  You deserve it.  Get gear, then apply.  Just know that as time moves on the definition of "geared" also goes up.  In another month it'll probably be full T2 ult.  Because that's what we're up against.  In order for skill and strategy to stand a chance, the gear rating has to be close.  This isn't a knock on those that aren't geared.  Getting gear takes time, can be hard, and can be expensive.  I respect that.  The thread and this post isn't a value judgment.  I'm happy to group with undergeared people most of the time.  But when I'm not, please don't disrespect me and the time and expense it took me to get geared, by trying to sneak into my geared runs.  These are runs that I really don't want to lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who post "<instance> - geared people" are people who are geared themselves too and they are trying to make a good group to stand winning. There were times people would form "geared only" groups but those who formed the group were not geared and did this to get carried.

Anyway if someone is defo not geared they can make a non geared group or quick queue, they will most likely lose and get the losing rewards which are half the winning ones usually. Like if you lose in ID you get twice the amount of etiums you would get in a winning IB.

Of course we do not know what happened not hat instance and the guy said "do not apply if you are in pve gear".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 7:29 PM, 1s8B7B8-KT said:

EDIT: or maybe, given the screenshot, the title should be "Don't apply to that dude's group."

Lol, well said, Heeeeeeee!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×