Forums

Fighting fragments

Ele-DN

7 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

Not at all. The community has been requesting additional means of acquiring Fighting Spirit Fragments for ages, and I think adding them to a few instance reward lists and events was a great decision, because it encourages and rewards gameplay. Making them a reward for losing these instances only encourages people to afk even more than they already do. Seriously, what's the point of playing and trying to win if you get the same reward bundle for losing? There has to be something to incentivize people to play actively, and in these cases it's the prospect of fragments.

And I'm not complaining about afkers- just drawing a comparison between Pandora lobbies and IB/ID/KBF, in that if you want fancy loot goodies you need majority participation for the win, and that I am happy with this arrangement. Some people want loser rewards for Pandora too, and I also think that's unnecessary.  

I don't have unfortunate quick queues to complain about on the forums every week, because I form my own groups, run with people I know, or I quick queue with the full expectation that I'll give the instance a go if everyone else wants to play and contentedly afk if they don't. I don't have any reason to be upset with quick queue team members for afking or being undergeared when I know how the system works and what I'm getting myself into. :P 

That makes no sense at all. Look as disciplines for example. Look at how ranking rewards got removed from harmony. Anyone play they shit anymore? If there wasn't any of this ranking crap added to discplines, no one would bother playing. NO ONE WOULD BOTHER CHEATING TO GET BETTER REWARDS. Honestly, what was wrong with the old rewards from IB KB and ID? Remember not everyone has to play all the content in the game right? AS i said before, no one even bother playing IB because of the "shitty" reward and what was wrong with that? Now that op supplies is added, its a complete waste to waste a run. 

" Seriously, what's the point of playing and trying to win if you get the same reward bundle for losing?"

are you not seeing anything with this game for playing this long? Isn't it a pvp game? People play to pvp (and other stuff) right? So you join and play(cheat) in a pvp just for the cheap easy supply instead of playing the game for pvp it self and getting rewarded for the time spent doing it?

7 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Since the fragment change was introduced i only did 20 IBs and 19 of them were empty because everyone is dodging to get their alts. Done maybe 8 IDs and only 1 of them had people in it rest were empty. Notice i am saying empty not afkers.

Anyone arguing against giving the people who go in regardless of a 100% win or not are just the players that support game breaking mechanics.

I did 2 IB real late last night after siege. the first match was a dodge match. 2nd was a dodge/late quick queue match. Like, the opponent didn't join till 30 seconds left on the start timer. pretty sure there was 4, 2 join before match started, one left and then 2 new ones joined during the match and left before game ended. Basically didn't do shit for free shit.. and thats how this community likes it lol.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all. The community has been requesting additional means of acquiring Fighting Spirit Fragments for ages, and I think adding them to a few instance reward lists and events was a great decision, because it encourages and rewards gameplay. Making them a reward for losing these instances only encourages people to afk even more than they already do.

Ok, so in this case what do you want, according to what you say, is: Incentive for more gameplay.

We had the following situation which was, some people joined IB to play, some people joined to afk, and some didnt joined at all. So by increasing the reward for winning, some who joined to afk will join to play, and some who didnt join is going to join to afk(because you still win sometimes when you afk or dont get opponents) or play. So, the first and second group increased, the third group decreased, but not dissapeared(All assumptions). Now, if we increase the reward for losing, some people will still play, some people who bother playing now will start afking, but will still join, people who afk will continue to afk, and more people who didnt join will start joining to play or afk. Although we cant quantify, its reasonable to assume that in the third scenario the least ammoung people do not join the instance. Regardless, in the third scenario, more fragments are distributed on the community overall. Win win situation

Seriously, what's the point of playing and trying to win if you get the same reward bundle for losing? There has to be something to incentivize people to play actively, and in these cases it's the prospect of fragments.

Except that is not the same bundle. It never was the same bundle, and no one is proposing that we get the same reward for winning or losing.

10 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

I quick queue with the full expectation that I'll give the instance a go if everyone else wants to play and contentedly afk if they don't. I don't have any reason to be upset with quick queue team members for afking or being undergeared when I know how the system works and what I'm getting myself into. :P 

The most sensible post in this thread.

No. Don't give frags for losing. Even though I don't always win, still, no. Even when I quick queue IB, most of the time my random group members at least try and win. That won't be the case if AFKing is encouraged. 

Maybe some people queue against their alts. I don't and many, many more people dont. Most of us form/join premades and try our best or if it takes too long to form, we quick queue hoping that we will still be able to fight and win our fragments. 

2 minutes ago, waffles-DN said:

Lets be honest no one wants people losing to get rewards, but for me personally I want the instance to end faster if its empty or someone drops.

1e9ed2f5af.png

10 minutes too damn long >.<

Example of afking for free reward. Whats the difference when afking for losing reward?

42 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Let's just meet in the middle and give losing IB lobbies 1 fighting fragment ;o 

Actually, they should remove fragments all together. 

3 hours ago, Afterglow-KT said:

Maybe some people queue against their alts. I don't and many, many more people dont. Most of us form/join premades and try our best or if it takes too long to form, we quick queue hoping that we will still be able to fight and win our fragments. 

Let's examine this "logic"'. So you are stating because many people don't queue their alts so they can get free wins justifies not giving the disadvantaged team rewards for losing because of this situation. Is that correct? How about we use another example of "Since the majority doesn't do this". Ncsoft gives us back EC but states due to the majority of people abusing the bug we are going to punish everyone (I won't get an example of a punishment just make anything up). Am I correct in believing if you didn't abuse the EC bug you would be quite happy with Ncsoft's decision to punish you for those who did? Flawless logic to me. o.O

Since all of you are also using the excuse of afkers. How about Ncsoft changes the mechanics to every pvp instance to "If you queue to an instance even if you are a premade and you don't get any opponents you get no rewards". After all why should you be rewarded for not doing anything at all. It's close in definition to what afking is.

How do you get those alts who ruin your runs? By quick queing, correct? Same way you get afks on your side or solo VS 3 or inexperienced group members. If so, then go with premades only.

I see a huge boost in effort level since adding fragments to rewards. Even ungeared ID pugs try and its fun, especially VS equally (un) geared pugs who try. Giving rewards to losing teams would take that effort and fun away. 

As for free wins, well, we still spend time forming, looking for clerics for ID, looking for exp people for ID, and if we get a free win, it's not our fault if the opposing team doesn't show. Like in sports, it is and should be an auto win. 

26 minutes ago, Afterglow-KT said:

How do you get those alts who ruin your runs? By quick queing, correct? Same way you get afks on your side or solo VS 3 or inexperienced group members. If so, then go with premades only.

I see a huge boost in effort level since adding fragments to rewards. Even ungeared ID pugs try and its fun, especially VS equally (un) geared pugs who try. Giving rewards to losing teams would take that effort and fun away. 

As for free wins, well, we still spend time forming, looking for clerics for ID, looking for exp people for ID, and if we get a free win, it's not our fault if the opposing team doesn't show. Like in sports, it is and should be an auto win. 

Makes 0 nyerking sense. Its fun to pug runs? like quick queue but thats not an options right? same quality player quick queueing... sometimes even better than forming a group on lfg.

3 hours ago, Afterglow-KT said:

Um.. Are you reading what you type or should I just assume you're just against giving fragments to the losing team which doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't give them as much. No it's not your fault if a team doesn't show as it's not anyone's fault if their application unexpectedly crashes or their teammate's internet drops out or whatever reason. Your logic is quite interesting. Your argument is helping my point unless now you are stating that your case is different and my numerous cases warrants me not getting anything while you still get rewards.:S There are people in this thread stating that if you are not geared use the auto group function which will most likely put them with people of their gear level. So is it their fault if they get paired against people in full ultimate gear get completely destroyed and get nothing? Or is it their fault for not being geared?

20 hours ago, Briearios-DN said:

Um.. Are you reading what you type or should I just assume you're just against giving fragments to the losing team which doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't give them as much. No it's not your fault if a team doesn't show as it's not anyone's fault if their application unexpectedly crashes or their teammate's internet drops out or whatever reason. Your logic is quite interesting. Your argument is helping my point unless now you are stating that your case is different and my numerous cases warrants me not getting anything while you still get rewards.:S There are people in this thread stating that if you are not geared use the auto group function which will most likely put them with people of their gear level. So is it their fault if they get paired against people in full ultimate gear get completely destroyed and get nothing? Or is it their fault for not being geared?

If they're not geared, there are alternatives to get fragments. They can spam IB naked. They can do all genesis crystal content (super easy), buy genesis weapons and DE them for fragments. They can craft PVP gear and DE it (personally i'm not doing it this patch anymore, but that's an option). Again, spam IB naked, no gear required whatsoever. Meanwhile ID rewards more and should reward more those who have put in more time, money and effort in gearing as well as people who prepare for the run. Unless you're lucky in a weak premade or quick queue, which also happens a lot.

@Ele-DN you should just take the time to get better in IB, it requires no gear, only a working brain, get a premade that knows how to the instance, and you will be good, I also wanna point out that you mentioned that they should take out fragments rewarsd altogether jut because you arent getting them??? hello? lmao

basically, get gud

25 minutes ago, TINTINTIN-DN said:

@Ele-DN you should just take the time to get better in IB, it requires no gear, only a working brain, get a premade that knows how to the instance, and you will be good, I also wanna point out that you mentioned that they should take out fragments rewarsd altogether jut because you arent getting them??? hello? lmao

basically, get gud

Says you who probably just started playing it since it started giving out fragments?

If it didn't give out a free ultimate stone for winning, i wouldn't be complaining.

1 hour ago, Afterglow-KT said:

If they're not geared, there are alternatives to get fragments. They can spam IB naked. They can do all genesis crystal content (super easy), buy genesis weapons and DE them for fragments. They can craft PVP gear and DE it (personally i'm not doing it this patch anymore, but that's an option). Again, spam IB naked, no gear required whatsoever. Meanwhile ID rewards more and should reward more those who have put in more time, money and effort in gearing as well as people who prepare for the run. Unless you're lucky in a weak premade or quick queue, which also happens a lot.

is a complete waste of crystals. better of trading for enchantment stones. 

And for that logic, let the p2w players prevent new players from gearing up by reducing their supply.

On 10/26/2019 at 6:35 AM, Ele-DN said:

10-25-19_11-33-25-PM.png

So.. where are my fragments for making a premade group? 

I am sorry but this sounds like a millennial asking for free stuff. You have to win to get the wining rewards. Whatever instance gives good rewards to afkers, it becomes an afk feast.

IB doesn't require gear, it requires coordination, I could argue giving like 5 fragments on ID for losing because it still matters what gear and classes you have, but IB is a no brainer.

Side note: I would like to see fragments in AD too in the bags, but meh.

49 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I am sorry but this sounds like a millennial asking for free stuff. You have to win to get the wining rewards. Whatever instance gives good rewards to afkers, it becomes an afk feast.

IB doesn't require gear, it requires coordination, I could argue giving like 5 fragments on ID for losing because it still matters what gear and classes you have, but IB is a no brainer.

Side note: I would like to see fragments in AD too in the bags, but meh.

Actually no, I was following the logic of what people are telling me. Make a premade group because it takes much more work than quick queue and deserves fragments for doing so. 

I had 3 empty arenas yesterday all b2b, 45 mins of afking for? 

3 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

Actually no, I was following the logic of what people are telling me. Make a premade group because it takes much more work than quick queue and deserves fragments for doing so. 

*snip*

Who told you that? You are really good at just hearing what you want to hear, Ele. 

Others have been telling you to make a premade if you want to avoid afkers or the undergeared or underleveled. It's your group so you set the parameters and you decide who is in the group and who isn't.

You have a higher chance of winning in a premade, bu you still need to win to get the winner's rewards. 

Can't believe that actually needed to be spelled out.

Welcome to the Aion forums.

giphy.gif

Archived