Returning Player looking for Help..

Ueki-DN

Hey guys, I played Aion for a long while before I quit, I am a lvl 65 templar and just returned yesterday.

I still haven't been able to get someone to talk to me in game to help me out a bit, I have no idea where to level up or where people are, I literally haven't seen much people around. Even when I blast in region for someone to give me some pointers no one ever replies.

I realize there's no responsibility to help returning players but I honestly don't know whats going on haha

Thanks for anyone that replies.

You are level 65? So you are in.. Enshar/Cygnea?

Do all the quests. Every one that you have. They will give you all the gear and items that you need to level. Follow the quest lines and they will eventually take your to Lakrum. Once there do all the quests until you are level 80. Do Bastion of Souls. It's solo and gives ancient armor. Do Frozen Monolith. That's 3 man. It gives ancient accessories. Do Harmel Mines. That will give you ap and legendary etium. Do all the Genesis Crystal Camps. Those will give you the crystals that you use to buy your ancient PvP gear. That is purchased in one of the rooms in your main town in Lakrum. Once you do all of those you should have a better handle on things. 

Or.. you can start fresh on a new character. It will take you 4 or 5 days of casual play to get to level 80. You will understand the changes to the game much better as they will gradually be revealed.

Welcome back.

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

You are level 65? So you are in.. Enshar/Cygnea?

Do all the quests. Every one that you have. They will give you all the gear and items that you need to level. Follow the quest lines and they will eventually take your to Lakrum. Once there do all the quests until you are level 80. Do Bastion of Souls. It's solo and gives ancient armor. Do Frozen Monolith. That's 3 man. It gives ancient accessories. Do Harmel Mines. That will give you ap and legendary etium. Do all the Genesis Crystal Camps. Those will give you the crystals that you use to buy your ancient PvP gear. That is purchased in one of the rooms in your main town in Lakrum. Once you do all of those you should have a better handle on things. 

Or.. you can start fresh on a new character. It will take you 4 or 5 days of casual play to get to level 80. You will understand the changes to the game much better as they will gradually be revealed.

Welcome back.

Thank you Aly! I am in Enshar yeah. Thanks for the tips.

Question about gear, I had pretty good gear for back in the day, archon brigade and master drenium stuff maxed out, but iv been looking at peoples gear and the stats seem different? I assume all my gear is no good anymore right?

11 hours ago, 2sE63E6-DN said:

Thank you Aly! I am in Enshar yeah. Thanks for the tips.

Question about gear, I had pretty good gear for back in the day, archon brigade and master drenium stuff maxed out, but iv been looking at peoples gear and the stats seem different? I assume all my gear is no good anymore right?

Gear was completely reworked. Your old gear is skins now. Just grab that quest gear and you will be good to go. You don't need to enchant or put manastones in anything until you get to level 80. You shouldn't have to buy anything (other than power shards) either. The quests should give you everything that you need.

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Gear was completely reworked. Your old gear is skins now. Just grab that quest gear and you will be good to go. You don't need to enchant or put manastones in anything until you get to level 80. You shouldn't have to buy anything (other than power shards) either. The quests should give you everything that you need.

Thanks Aly for your help!

One last question if you dont mind, do abyss points work the same way? Can i trade my old archon gear for abyss points or something? What are these glory points?

4 hours ago, 2sE63E6-DN said:

Thanks Aly for your help!

One last question if you dont mind, do abyss points work the same way? Can i trade my old archon gear for abyss points or something? What are these glory points?

Your old gear is useless. You can't trade if for anything any more.

AP is still a thing. You get it from killing players, as a possible reward from "Lugbug Dailies" (check out the little Lugbug symbol hovering over your UI on the right hand side), siege rewards (through the mail) and from certain instances (Dredg, ID, IB and HM.. which is a total PvE instance) You use AP to disenchant PvP gear (to get Fighting Spirit Fragments.. which you need to upgrade your PvP gear). You no longer can buy things with AP. The old AP pots are now a possible reward from your luna instances. Transform seeds are purchased with kinah. PvP gear is purchased with Genesis Crystals or crafted. (The crafted gear isn't as good as the Genesis Crystals gear. Crafted PvP gear is mostly used to disenchant to get those Fighting Spirit Fragments that I mentioned. You can also get fragments from winning ID, IB and KBF.)

Glory Points are something totally different. Glory Points are rewarded from sieges and from a once daily quest you get automatically in Lakrum. That quest is to kill 10 enemies and gives 20 GP. 

Rankings have been reworked as well. Rankings are awarded by Glory Points and not AP. Ranking actually resets every month now. So every month we are rewarded for the rank we have and every one starts with 0 GP.

AP does not reset.

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Your old gear is useless. You can't trade if for anything any more.

AP is still a thing. You get it from killing players, as a possible reward from "Lugbug Dailies" (check out the little Lugbug symbol hovering over your UI on the right hand side), siege rewards (through the mail) and from certain instances (Dredg, ID, IB and HM.. which is a total PvE instance) You use AP to disenchant PvP gear (to get Fighting Spirit Fragments.. which you need to upgrade your PvP gear). You no longer can buy things with AP. The old AP pots are now a possible reward from your luna instances. Transform seeds are purchased with kinah. PvP gear is purchased with Genesis Crystals or crafted. (The crafted gear isn't as good as the Genesis Crystals gear. Crafted PvP gear is mostly used to disenchant to get those Fighting Spirit Fragments that I mentioned. You can also get fragments from winning ID, IB and KBF.)

Glory Points are something totally different. Glory Points are rewarded from sieges and from a once daily quest you get automatically in Lakrum. That quest is to kill 10 enemies and gives 20 GP. 

Rankings have been reworked as well. Rankings are awarded by Glory Points and not AP. Ranking actually resets every month now. So every month we are rewarded for the rank we have and every one starts with 0 GP.

AP does not reset.

Thanks a bunch!! :)

Aly and Vantheria seemed to have covered this for you so I'll leave this one to them. Good job both of you. With my move going on I've been a lil out of sorts of late so I thank you as well for this is the kind of post I usually reply to that takes time that right now I just don't have. That's also why y'all haven't seen much of me lately.

So I'll just say to the OP: Welcome back! Hope to see you in game!

Archived