2s14BB87-DN

Another returning play question

Weird name change..........
Anyways, I've read some of the other topics about returning players so I've got a lot of info but I've seen mixed reactions.
I stopped playing soons they got rid of katalam and danaria, 5.0? Then pvp/forts were pretty much non existent, or literally just GP farming, everyone would get their kill and then go away and do weird pve things.
I was a sorc on isra, lvl 65 officer ap gear +10, plume +5, kata orb +15, kata wings. So at the time I would fit in and actually do quite well in pvp, as that's all I wanted to do, I wasn't really interested in pve at all. I was mostly social and wandered around looking for people.

I know my gear is now utterly useless which is annoying from the grind to get it, I got to 5 star with just pvp and ap chests, alot of alcohol and play time to get that far I know lol.
How is the pvp? many players? and for me, would I get used to everything new? like I know how to stun lock, silence lock etc so is the game any different from then?  

think I still have a few 100m kinah........Does that help?

Also is that crack head templar still playing? wolf something or something wolf? can't remember.
He always used to xform in katalam then get wrecked by a group without killing anybody lol!

Thanks in advance

Aly-DN   

PvP is meh.

Forts are about the same. They are what you make of them.

GP resets every month now so everyone has an equal chance to transform each month and then we all start over again. No one is so far ahead in GP that they don't have to do anything to keep their rank.

Skills have all been reworked. It will take some getting used to but everyone who still plays has managed to.

It's pretty easy to get the base PvP set and then it is just a matter of how much time and energy you are willing to put into it to upgrade it to the best.

100m isn't much kinah. Also, kinah was reworked. It is no longer tradeable and everyone's old kinah was reduced and another currency, called Gold Bars, was added to make up for the kinah they took. There are very few things you can actually buy with those gold bars. 

The biggest issue you will probably have is that run/cast/attack speed scrolls are gone. You get those boosts now from something called a transform. (Not to be confused with the ap transforms for ranked players.) You will earn transformation CONTRACTS which open up transformations. Then you use transformation SCROLLS which give you the stats. Unfortunately they also turn you into whatever the name of the transformation is. A cat transform turns you into a cat. A krall transform turns you into a krall. A Kromede transform turns you into Kromede. There are transparent transformation scrolls, which give you the stats but not the appearance. They are much easier to get than they used to be. If you open doubles of a certain transformation, you can combine them to have a chance at getting a better one. There are also collections of transformations that give you stat bonuses when you unlock all the transformations in that collection. No one particularly likes transformations, but they are here to stay.

Thanks for that, I was thinking of trying EU because I'm from U.K. but I started EU before I came to NA because to be honest, a lot of the community aren't very helpful. Not noob friendly and will definitely class you as a peasant if you aren't "geared"

Also, roughly starting from lvl 66, how long would it take to get into pvp without getting wrecked or at least get by? 

Aly-DN   

A few weeks.

Your old gear is totally useless. So you have to start from scratch.

Depending on your class, competence, and the gear of your opponents, it won't take very long at all to be geared enough in PvP to do damage and not instadie, especially in group PvP :)

Max gearing will take a while and I should warn you that sorcs this patch are meganerfed, but it sounds like you had wholesome genuine fun in Aion before which leads me to believe you'll have the same fun again (after a few days adjusting to the new systems and temporary confusion)

1 minute ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Depending on your class, competence, and the gear of your opponents, it won't take very long at all to be geared enough in PvP to do damage and not instadie, especially in group PvP :)

Max gearing will take a while and I should warn you that sorcs this patch are meganerfed, but it sounds like you had wholesome genuine fun in Aion before which leads me to believe you'll have the same fun again (after a few days adjusting to the new systems and temporary confusion)

I had an amazing few years before I lost interest (and time away) sometimes I would just log on just to chat to legion mates, shame about the sorc nerf though, I also got a temp, but to be honest I was kind of bad at that, kinda cheated with him sometimes, I would log him on my laptop and use the follow function when I was on solo with my sorc and make him bodyguard me haha, fun times.

Saintswolf? Or however you spell it lol or namechanged to. That was so long ago.

Iirc, he had a major health incident (stroke?), but it's been a long time since I've heard anything about him so I'm not 100% sure.

Shame about the incident. but yeah that was his name, had many encounters with him. Might bump into people who I may know. I don't think anyone from my old legion plays.

Also the stats have been reworked, as a sorc you will no longer need magic boost, you will have to focus on magic attack (for pvp) and magic crit spell (pve), magic accurracy is not really important to how it used to be, you will only need to add a some M.Acc in your pve gear as some end game bosses will resist your attack, but nothing to worry about. Also if you remember, Orbs and Spellbooks use to have diferent stats, orbs used to have more magic boost than spellbooks and spellbooks used to have more m.acc than orbs, now both weapons have the same stats so now it's just what weapon you like to use the most.

Welcome back and have fun

Edited by Vessttemona-KT

On 3/11/2019 at 7:56 AM, 2s14BB87-DN said:

You break my heart :( I will try it anyway as I've run out of things to play. Grab a beer and some nostalgia.

Well don't start from scratch with a new toon if you still want to play Sorc, there are several things that can not be acquiered for free anymore like Pet bags, Cabinets,  warehouse slots expansion, also is hard to trade skins now, plus the gold ingots u have there can help u get 1 daevanion skill a bit faster.

With new dmg formula Magic boost is the same as Magic attack, so Magic classes do a lot better than Physical classes when using old gear.

Edited by DevilNest-KT

43 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Well don't start from scratch with a new toon if you still want to play Sorc, there are several things that can not be acquiered for free anymore like Pet bags, Cabinets,  warehouse slots expansion, also is hard to trade skins now, plus the gold ingots u have there can help u get 1 daevanion skill a bit faster.

With new dmg formula Magic boost is the same as Magic attack, so Magic classes do a lot better than Physical classes when using old gear.

All good advice. Keep your old toon for these reasons. However, if you're confused about things, make a new sorc and use it to level up just to get used to the new skills, then go back to your old sorc once you reach level 76.