PVP Pairing System

Masterkira-DN

• 2 weeks later...

Is ok if the Pairing is random.. i have no problem with that... and i know it's random, the problem is the pairing system set us on losted fight, so.. nearly the end of match we entry the AD, ID, IB, KBF... so, with have nothing to do then.. i think this is a really algorithm problem..

13 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Its certainly not random. You can notice this because the kind of opponents you get from different characters is very different. 

Do you? Not sure that I have ever seen that. On my main (ranked, semi-geared) if I am quick queueing or in a pre-made, I am equally likely to get a full ranked & geared pre-made as I am to get a pug if rank 1's wearing quest gear. Same can be said when I quick queue on an alt rank 1 in ancient gear.

I honestly don't see any rhyme or reason to the pairing system.

38 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Do you? Not sure that I have ever seen that. On my main (ranked, semi-geared) if I am quick queueing or in a pre-made, I am equally likely to get a full ranked & geared pre-made as I am to get a pug if rank 1's wearing quest gear. Same can be said when I quick queue on an alt rank 1 in ancient gear.

I honestly don't see any rhyme or reason to the pairing system.

The place where you can notice it best is in discipline arena.

But, yeah, even in group instances I can notice a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 6:34 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

The place where you can notice it best is in discipline arena.

But, yeah, even in group instances I can notice a difference.

Arena of discipline is the only one that actually does have a strict algorithm for pairing you based on your rank. Everything else either has a basic algorithm of pure randomness or just a super basic algorithm that might take into consideration IP so people won't be able to match their game with alts easily (which happens all the time in the 3v3 arena so that is also incorrect)

Archived