just an advice

TINTINTIN-DN

Either ban them permanently, or don't ban them at all, you guys just banning the exploiters temporally is not smart, because 3 days of ban won't do anything, when they come back they will still have the gear they got by exploiting.

Just compensate the guys who didn't do EC, these 2 months all these players haven't gotten to progress in an instance... and all these exploiters will be back in 3 days, WELL PLAYED

1 hour ago, LagerthaZ-KT said:

Either ban them permanently, or don't ban them at all, you guys just banning the exploiters temporally is not smart, because 3 days of ban won't do anything, when they come back they will still have the gear they got by exploiting.
exatly

The problem I see is that if you perma ban everyone, what happens to those that benefited from the people that exploited?  I'm pretty sure that we all got carried by those that rushed gear through the exploit.  So we are all indirect beneficiaries of the exploit.  If someone got suspended 24, 48, 72 hours or perma ban, something was finally done to show NCSoft is paying attention.

12 hours ago, TINTINTIN-DN said:

Just compensate the guys who didn't do EC, these 2 months all these players haven't gotten to progress in an instance... and all these exploiters will be back in 3 days, WELL PLAYED

So I admit I got the good ol 72 hr ban and yeah people who exploited or got rides off of ppl going hard in ec should get a punishment, i agree with that. But whats the point of temp. banning others like me for 3 days, maybe 2 weeks? I'm gonna log back in after these 3 days and still have my stuff while those who didn't do anything are still waiting for compensation (if they will get any at all). And they cant really permanently ban everyone cause if they do... thats like almost their entire playerbase.

36 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Can't perma ban everyone. Not enough players left in the game.

I think you are over-estimating the number of people that abused EC.

I mean.. last night population was a bit light. Though it was pointed out that many of those banned were logged in on alt accounts. 

Addiction is not a pretty thing.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

I think you are over-estimating the number of people that abused EC.

I mean.. last night population was a bit light. Though it was pointed out that many of those banned were logged in on alt accounts. 

Most abusers flew way under the ban radar, I know plenty that abused it and didn't even get a warning (and will prob recieve the compensation once they sort that out).

1 minute ago, 17s48D51-KT said:

Most abusers flew way under the ban radar, I know plenty that abused it and didn't even get a warning (and will prob recieve the compensation once they sort that out).

By "abusers" do you mean people that had extra runs or actually did those extra runs?

I guess I don't really believe a word someone says in game. Everyone lies. Everyone. 

I once watch a player "fly" across the map in Enshar to get an instance entrance. The whole group was inside. They were a last minute addition. They were "hurrying". I had the map open to see where they were and they literally flew in a straight line over all those mountains. When that person was eventually banned they came to me crying that they had never hacked a day in their lives. "Mama.. HELP ME!" Right.

Everyone lies.

So when someone says, "I abused the hell out of this and I didn't even get a warning! And btw.. going to my sisters wedding! Be back in a week!" I tend not to believe them.

I saw some people on last night that I am shocked they didn't get a ban. Maybe they are pay2win and NCWest gave them a break for it. Maybe they actually didn't abuse EC like I thought they had. Who the hell knows? Right? I'm not playing their game and I don't have access to NCWest's data. 

Take everything people tell you with a grain of salt.

3 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Didn't Cyan make a post that they perma banned everyone? Where did they mention  temporary locks?

It is kind of oddly worded but it is in the first sentence

we have suspended and permanently closed accounts

basically it means they suspended some and perma banned some

3 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Didn't Cyan make a post that they perma banned everyone? Where did they mention  temporary locks?

The "suspended" part is the temp bans.

I better way to word it would have been "suspended or permanently closed".

Just now, Aly-DN said:

The "suspended" part is the temp bans.

I better way to word it would have been "suspended or permanently closed".

Yes I read it fast and that "and" made it as if they did both in those accounts. That is true. Well we can all be happy playing with the abusers who will still come back with their end game gear while we still struggle.

1 minute ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Yes I read it fast and that "and" made it as if they did both in those accounts. That is true. Well we can all be happy playing with the abusers who will still come back with their end game gear while we still struggle.

Now that they have identified those who did abuse EC, they -could- give everyone who didn't some compensation.

I kinda doubt it, but it could happen.

16 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

By "abusers" do you mean people that had extra runs or actually did those extra runs?

Yes. People who ran multiple ECs and were asking to get kicked many times in the same run, and no they are not visiting their grandma in kamboja, they're playing the game like nothing happened.

30 minutes ago, 17s48D51-KT said:

Yes. People who ran multiple ECs and were asking to get kicked many times in the same run, and no they are not visiting their grandma in kamboja, they're playing the game like nothing happened.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's true. Wouldn't surprise me if those people bragged about exploiting and really didn't as much as they said they said they did.

Nothing surprised me any more.

People suck.

8 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

You wanna talk about addiction? One of my roommates literally has a laptop and on it has only two programs internet explorer (yes ie not even edge) and LoL .-. Like Ik some seriously addicted gamers but damn they still do other things on their computers

2 hours ago, MintyR-DN said:

You wanna talk about addiction? One of my roommates literally has a laptop and on it has only two programs internet explorer (yes ie not even edge) and LoL .-. Like Ik some seriously addicted gamers but damn they still do other things on their computers

At least he has his priorities straight.

Archived