Forums

Official EC-ban thread. Post your thoughts

Arhangelos

27 minutes ago, DarkDesire-DN said:

Uhm, going stong is what Korean servers are and maybe EU.
EC bug going around for 3 months that shows how dead it is.
The excuse Cyan gives is what I tell my clients when I just didn't have time for their projects and had more important ones to finish :)
Just standard company lingo to give people something.

Even the Korean and EU servers aren't full. Larger populations than ours right now, but nowhere near what pops were 10 years ago when the game launched. 

I think what Healing is getting at is that people have prophesied the death of Aion since the day it opened. And those prophecies have gotten louder and louder over the last several years. And yet here we all are.. still playing this game.

Cyan touts the company line. Did you expect anything else? That's his job. I don't think any of us can blame him for doing his job even if we don't like or particularly trust the information that he passes on. We trust that he is telling us what he is being told. We just don't trust the people telling him what to say!

The EC bug thing doesn't show a dead game. It shows poor management that it went on for as long as it did, but we know that the game gets next to zero care from NCWest.

And yet.. we are all still here.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, PlumbCrazy-DN said:

The only question I have is what is the qq about compensation for those who didn't exploit.  You want rewards on top of the rewards you received when you completed your 1 or 2 EC's?

Or compensation for EC being down for 2-3 months?

I can understand for EC being down for 2-3 months, but I don't see how you justify getting double rewards for when the kickfest was going on.  

I had prestige, I ran till I got 2 complete EC runs finished, ie not just go in and get kicked 2 times and say ok I'm done.  That wasn't the exploit.  If I went in for more than 2 completed EC's then thats the exploit.

For those saying they want compensation for the time the exploit was going on is absurd.  You go till you complete your one or two then you done.  If someone just went in and got kicked and said oh well I'm done, then you the special kind of village idiot like mentalflubtarddingus.  

It is easy to understand what "compensation means". Handle every legit player 1 EC reset scroll for every EC we couldn't do. At least the free ones and the purchased one by prestige users.

As for while the bug was still on, I went in, got kicked without my consent, tried to get in again later and kept getting kicked and I had to stop diong EC for fear my entries will also get a high number and eventually getting banned myself.

The only EC I could finish normally were the premade ones that we had a no kick bug abuse. The last week of the bug, it became so insane that I didn't even try to do EC unless there was a premade done and I am not even asking any compensation for it because it would have been impossible to see who stopped doing it because of the abuse.

I am talking about the 2+ months of us not being able to play it.

I don't blame him for doing his job, but since he's the one writing the excuses I'm gonna mention his name in my post, if I knew who telling him to write that I would mention them instead :/
Well poor management has been shown for a few years now, and that's because they won't want to throw money at the game, again a decision by the people in charge, and a sound one, I'm not gonna spend money on something that's slowly going away, when profits dry up close it and move it, simple as that.
We'll probably get another merge soon, we just lack population, on DN Elyos side there aren't more than 20-30 who can finish SLNM or PFHM that's just sad.
Once that happens it's a matter of 1-2 years before it goes the way of the dodo.
There are people playing because of the time invested, not sure too many new people actually come and play and stay.

Well, EC bug is not created by players, "EC abuse" can not punish players only, plus, NO ONE is innocent. Everyone more or less asked for kick in EC. I understand NC wanted to threaten players not to use bug anymore, but perma ban is too much imo. Those players spent their time/cash in this game for years, giving them suspension is more reasonable. Hope to see some friends come back from ban

Honestly at this point it was just a stupid move. Not defending anything or anyone, couldn't care less in fact. But the moment NC decides to give a suspension of few days or weeks for some (which clearly abused it more than others) while giving permanent bans for others just show how much the cash spent in this game is what the company really cares about. 

It's just disrespectful.

16 minutes ago, BardGirl-KT said:

Well, EC bug is not created by players, "EC abuse" can not punish players only, plus, NO ONE is innocent. Everyone more or less asked for kick in EC. I understand NC wanted to threaten players not to use bug anymore, but perma ban is too much imo. Those players spent their time/cash in this game for years, giving them suspension is more reasonable. Hope to see some friends come back from ban

Asking for kick in EC was never the cause of bans

It's pretty amazing how far some people will go to avoid taking responsibility for their shitty behavior.

The kick mechanic was always there. Exploiting it for etium was not. Neither were the mass auto kicks you mouthbreathers did to try to cover your tracks.

Your sad entitlement essays made me laugh. It's mildly amusing watching you fumble around with ideas.

Still, you dipshits wrecked progression is an already lopsided and dying game, bragged about it, got caught, and somehow still have a c*ntache after getting only a slap on the wrist.

Y'all may get your characters back, but you sound pathetic.

...because you are pathetic.

gfy

22 hours ago, BardGirl-KT said:

Well they might be having poor judgement, they SHOULD have told them to pay for every single free EC they did and get a non permanent lock of their accounts for some time so they understand this is real. this way the 100+ ECs they did would be turned into legit ones since they would be purchased by them and the company would be making money via a glitch, that would in the end, benefit them (the company).

18 hours ago, 1s8B7B8-KT said:

It's pretty amazing how far some people will go to avoid taking responsibility for their shitty behavior.

The kick mechanic was always there. Exploiting it for etium was not. Neither were the mass auto kicks you mouthbreathers did to try to cover your tracks.

Your sad entitlement essays made me laugh. It's mildly amusing watching you fumble around with ideas.

Still, you dipshits wrecked progression is an already lopsided and dying game, bragged about it, got caught, and somehow still have a c*ntache after getting only a slap on the wrist.

gfy

Hahahaah, I felt some Déjà Vu reading this. I wanted to write something like this so many times but I kept it polite.

Unbeatable-KT has the best post in this whole thread. The company should of acknowledge the exploit publicly in game and forums to tell people to stop. The first stand has to be from the company to know that they will enforce rules. They only mention 1 week later that they are addressing the issue even through support tickets and then another week passed for EC to be reset and it continued on. By letting EC stay up, you are encouraging and saying that the behavior is absolutely fine. When time comes 3 months later after a few p2w events, you point fingers at players and ban them for YOUR errorsto be lazy about it.

Are any of you surprised the point system has taken a drop? Why would you spend money when NC can't even take fault for their slow actions and acknowledgement of a bug

Class act.

On 2019-11-09 at 2:24 PM, 1s8B7B8-KT said:

gfy

Best post so far.

1 hour ago, Reel-DN said:

Unbeatable-KT has the best post in this whole thread. The company should of acknowledge the exploit publicly in game and forums to tell people to stop. The first stand has to be from the company to know that they will enforce rules. They only mention 1 week later that they are addressing the issue even through support tickets and then another week passed for EC to be reset and it continued on. By letting EC stay up, you are encouraging and saying that the behavior is absolutely fine. When time comes 3 months later after a few p2w events, you point fingers at players and ban them for YOUR errorsto be lazy about it.

Are any of you surprised the point system has taken a drop? Why would you spend money when NC can't even take fault for their slow actions and acknowledgement of a bug

Class act.

Again another example of avoiding responsibility.

YOU can count for your self., YOU know how many runs you should have. YOU know how many you paid for with luna. YOU know whether or not you have prestige.

While you might be able to make a point about how slow NC is to resolve certain problems, you turn around and destroy it by not taking responsibility for taking advantage of the exploit.

2 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Best post so far.

Again another example of avoiding responsibility.

YOU can count for your self., YOU know how many runs you should have. YOU know how many you paid for with luna. YOU know whether or not you have prestige.

While you might be able to make a point about how slow NC is to resolve certain problems, you turn around and destroy it by not taking responsibility for taking advantage of the exploit.

You do note l'm not avoiding the suspension, right? It's NC job to notify people in game and forums that a bug is present and ANY exploitation should be stopped. None of that happened here. NC later pointed fingers at players when they did nothing. You are delusional for sticking up for them when they can't even do this as a company.

Second to that. If the amount of players gets so low that l can't find pvp, l'd rather be banned myself.

This only drove away potential revenue the game was going to get and make your audience try more games.

Good job for protecting NC buddy.

So some action was taken - months after the EC abuse. NC should have taken EC down right away. But it went on for weeks, people screaming all over the forums while NC turned a blind eye and said and did nothing. Thus people who were wary to join the fest, eventually did since it looked like it's fine, and those who didn't, felt like idiots. NC was able to react quickly enough when 7.0 launched along with unlimited free  minions, so why not with EC?

I see huge inconsistency with the length of suspensions. Some who clearly abused EC more than others got shorter bans than those who abused less. NC should post clear criteria for the bans. Now, we can only guess, speculate and spin conspiracy theories. Length of suspension should depend on gains from abuse. Not on one's role in the whole mess (kicker or being kicked), not on extra runs piled up, but on extra runs actually used or actual amount of etium and other rewards gained, minus luna reset runs/rewards. As for punishment, I like Arhangelos' idea about deducting luna for the extra free entries done, but i'm not sure how that can be executed in cases where people don't have luna, as they can just not buy/craft any.

I'm not looking for blood, especially months after the events. The bans hurt everyone, even those of us who didn't abuse EC and didn't get banned. We are all one community. We do runs together, conquer altars together, do world bosses together. Or against each other. Now it takes even longer to get a pop for pvp instances. We can't get the event enchant meter up. So indirectly the legit players are the ones getting punished as well.

As for compensation. I agree that legit players don't need to be compensated for simply playing the game fair. During the abuse fest, EC was still doable the normal way aka your 1 - 2 entries. Either by join your usual premades, applying to those that said "No kick" or by queuing towards the end of the window when abusers cash in their extra runs and no longer kick.  But we do deserve compensation for the time EC has been down. Now that NC know who abused EC and got their runs done for weeks and months in advance, compensate the ones who didn't get any suspensions, and do not compensate the ones who did, as they already got their future runs and gear done.

1 hour ago, Afterglow-KT said:

I see huge inconsistency with the length of suspensions.

The inconsistency is due to the players lying about specific details to make it sound like they are hard done by. The players i know who got a perma were those who spammed it(These players would of happily paid for it anyways). I abused it 2 days got 3 day. A friend did it 2 extra runs and got banned for 24 hours so all our bans line up for the amount of exploitation that was going on. 

Some people who got perma are playing it off as i got a 3 day ban but nyerk Aion for banning me i am never playing the game again to make it look like they are quitting instead of being perma banned.

5 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The inconsistency is due to the players lying about specific details to make it sound like they are hard done by. The players i know who got a perma were those who spammed it(These players would of happily paid for it anyways). I abused it 2 days got 3 day. A friend did it 2 extra runs and got banned for 24 hours so all our bans line up for the amount of exploitation that was going on. 

Some people who got perma are playing it off as i got a 3 day ban but nyerk Aion for banning me i am never playing the game again to make it look like they are quitting instead of being perma banned.

That's my favorite one.

I like to believe y'all are smart enough to know not to play with an exploit that blatantly costs NCsoft money, or maybe even have the memory of NCsoft previously banning players for instance count abuse due to a bug back in 4.X, but I guess not.

7 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Exactly!

We even have people lying in the opposite direction. They are saying that they did 100s of extra runs and saying they only got a three day. All that does is stir the pot and make people even angrier!

Just try to keep in mind that you didn't play someone else's game. You have no idea if they are telling you the truth when they said that they only did 3 extra runs or if they are saying that they did 50 extra runs. People lie to make themselves seem more innocent and people lie to try and make themselves seem more of a rebel.

People just lie.

Since the bans have been handed out i guess we can talk about the benefits the mid tier abusers got. Many of you said Exploiters are so far ahead. This is my PvP gear i would say since the majority that obtained the 3 day ban would of got close to the same advantage i got.

unknown.png

T1 boots/shield, T2 chest +6. Wings +13,Plumes +15, +14 gloves, +15 pants Everything else is just +0-3 T2 gear . Despite me abusing it i would say i am still behind the majority in terms of progression due to Dredge/ID/IB rarely popping during the time i have to play and the fact i do not que up against my own alts. 

Personally to me this is a lost opportunity for NCwest to restore some community faith in their products. It should of been a perma for everyone who exploited. This would of left a better feeling even if it killed Aion moving forward in to new products. I already know groups of players that exclusively play NCsoft games in NA because cheaters/hackers/exploiters go unpunished the majority of the time.

The majority i talked to seemed to believe everyone who exploited are running around in full T2 +15 ultimate gear which is simply not the case.

@HealingSquid-KT You probably didn't get very far ahead because you didn't have spirit fragments to do so, right? But many people had farmed fragments ahead in 6.7 in preparation for 7.0. And those who didn't have enough - remember, we had cauldron event with brokerable cauldron coins during first week of the event, and that's where you could stock up frags for your and your mother's entire set - if you had the kinah for it (I didn't :(). 

Just now, Afterglow-KT said:

@HealingSquid-KT You probably didn't get very far ahead because you didn't have spirit fragments to do so, right? But many people had farmed fragments ahead in 6.7 in preparation for 7.0. And those who didn't have enough - remember, we had cauldron event with brokerable cauldron coins during first week of the event, and that's where you could stock up frags for your and your mother's entire set - if you had the kinah for it (I didn't :(). 

I got 600 on me at the moment i had 1800 when the ec bug was live but all my fragments are going in to stones since i failed over 31 ultimate stones on my gloves alone.

When we were making posts about what should be done in EC, the abusers made fun of us. when we said they should "lock" their accounts and make them pay for the extra entries, some idiots accused us that we want the company to hold the people's as "hostages"... because they never thought they would have to enjoy some bans instead of some locks. When EC was closed the abusers should have realized something was going to hit them, but it took so much time they kept making fun of us or tried to excuse the fact they intentionally did 20 runs per day and even worse kicked other people out in order to make everyone look bad so nothing will happen to them.

The majority of non abusers didn't make fun of you when you got banned. I still believe the company SHOULD have made every person pay for the extra ECs they did and this way it would no longer be abuse since paying for extra entries is what actually keeps the game alive. Then the legit players could laugh at your face for paying for the free sh!t you thought you got.

I would gladly open a thread/post with a poll asking for the devs to unban everyone as long as they pay for the extra entries, but I am scared the community would rubbish that thread.

Heck let me open one right now, just go there and vote.

It's actually pretty funny reading the same people comment over and over again.

To correct myself, it's rather sad. What's sad is the amount of casuals that are desperate to get some sort of compensation because they've never been able to earn it on their own to taste a little bit of what it feels like to be at the top of the food chain.

Realistically, I am actually in favor of all the casuals getting their T2 sets given out by NCsoft only to prove my point that in a few months when the next patch comes out, they'll be the exact same people whining "Oh upgrading is too hard... oh items don't drop enough... oh we need more stones".

It's rather pathetic honestly.

No wonder you guys are so far behind in progression. You blame it on people abusing this bug. But the way I see it, you're behind because you PvP more on the forums than you do in game.

And then you wonder why you're behind...

44 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Realistically, I am actually in favor of all the casuals getting their T2 sets given out by NCsoft only to prove my point that in a few months when the next patch comes out, they'll be the exact same people whining "Oh upgrading is too hard... oh items don't drop enough... oh we need more stones".

Ultimate Dark Talon gear is endgame gear until 7.5 so thats a ways away

10 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I got 600 on me at the moment i had 1800 when the ec bug was live but all my fragments are going in to stones since i failed over 31 ultimate stones on my gloves alone.

Ouch. That hurts. But you're in a legion that's swimming in tickets. That should take a lot of weight off of frags.

3 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

It's actually pretty funny reading the same people comment over and over again.

To correct myself, it's rather sad. What's sad is the amount of casuals that are desperate to get some sort of compensation because they've never been able to earn it on their own to taste a little bit of what it feels like to be at the top of the food chain.

It's rather pathetic honestly.

No wonder you guys are so far behind in progression. You blame it on people abusing this bug. But the way I see it, you're behind because you PvP more on the forums than you do in game.

And then you wonder why you're behind...

Whoa. That's unnecessary offensive. People play at their own pace, do various other things ingame besides climbing rankings, people have lives and obligations. Also, while this is e-sports, like in real sports, whatever-it-takes attitude should be controlled by fair play rules. Doping is bannable. Even pro athletes caught doping don't go 'only filthy plebs and bottomfeeders don't dope'. At least, not in public.

6 hours ago, Afterglow-KT said:

Ouch. That hurts. But you're in a legion that's swimming in tickets. That should take a lot of weight off of frags.

Whoa. That's unnecessary offensive. People play at their own pace, do various other things ingame besides climbing rankings, people have lives and obligations. Also, while this is e-sports, like in real sports, whatever-it-takes attitude should be controlled by fair play rules. Doping is bannable. Even pro athletes caught doping don't go 'only filthy plebs and bottomfeeders don't dope'. At least, not in public.

I agree that everybody plays at their own pace. But you have to remember this game such as any other MMO rewards players that put in the time into it, and more recently in the past few years, money to make up for the lost time. So if you're not putting time or money towards the game, your level of progression will take a hit.

With that said I know everybody has lives, trust me, I'm a person that works 60-80 hours in the hospital per week, have a girlfriend and a social life, so I also at times find it hard to play as much as I did 5-10 years ago, but somehow, and yes with help of p2w, I manage to stay up in terms of progression. My point is, people have busy lives, but if you're not going to put in the time and effort in this game (aka being a casual gamer), which is completely ok in my eyes, then don't be asking to be compensated for something you wouldn't have even ended up earning yourself.

In my eyes what's worse than seeing people exploit a bug? People that are begging. Reminds me of the beggars that used to be in sanctum and would ask for 1 million kinah. Which is pretty pathetic.

Archived