Character and Legion Name Ownership Policy

Cyan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Siel, I had 2 Asmo characters, only one of which I plan to keep. I moved the one I plan to keep to Israphel (prior to merge) and now want to give her the name of the character I plan to delete. But once I delete that character, will I have any way to prove I previously used that name?

10 hours ago, Inarax-DN said:

On Siel, I had 2 Asmo characters, only one of which I plan to keep. I moved the one I plan to keep to Israphel (prior to merge) and now want to give her the name of the character I plan to delete. But once I delete that character, will I have any way to prove I previously used that name?

The names are attached to the characters themselves, I believe. You can't claim ownership of a name on one server just because you have it on a different server.

11 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

The names are attached to the characters themselves, I believe. You can't claim ownership of a name on one server just because you have it on a different server.

The policy only asks to use names previously used, so the name is in the name history of one character.

I guess I have to hope that the forced moves are long enough away that I don't have to worry about deleting that character.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a silly question... The original name for my Cleric was taken, but I'm fine with picking a new one. However, I accidentally picked a new name than I don't really want. Would service be willing to change my name back into gibberish and assign me a new Name Change Ticket?

Name Change Tickets from the Black Cloud Marketplace are currently not available through normal means.

So, I submit a ticket for legion name change appeal and explain that my legion had that name since it was created in 2011. And that just a few minutes after the servers were up I tried to rename the legion to the same name and got a message that it was already taken. I give the details of the account the legion BG is on, the char name, pre and post merge details, everything. And the reply I get is:

After reviewing your request, I'm afraid that I won't be able to rename your Legion to your desired name. This is because the name you wish to use already belongs to another Legion.

So, unless I don't get what they are trying to say here, this basically sounds like they haven't read anything and just think that I'm complaining about not being able to use a random legion name and tell me that it's because it is already taken...???

So I said something like: I know the legion name is in use... that is the point of this ticket and the point of the forum post by Cyan which I linked to. If it wasn't in use, why would I submit a ticket?

So they reply:

As the current legion using the name is the eligible one to use that name. We are unable to free up and provide the name to you.

Can someone translate this? Are they trying to say that the legion that is using the name has the claim to it? As in, more right to it?

If that's the case, fine. Fair is fair. But, I'd like to know for sure if I should just go ahead and use the ticket on a different name.

On 11/1/2017 at 7:18 AM, JackReacher-KT said:

I'm thankful with Aion Staff.
Someone try to steal my nickname (malicious intent) and the staff helps me to retrieve this back.

Really thank you!
:D

It was me & I was trying to hold it hostage for one BILLION kinah!  Muhwaa!!!

Seriously though only 9 more days until names you have now can't be claimed by someone else.  Hoping some people don't come take a couple names I picked out for new characters....O.o

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived