Character and Legion Name Ownership Policy

Cyan

4 hours ago, Plezure-KR said:

Quite frankly the lvl 66 had the name first therefore has the right to keep it no matter how active the lvl 75 is.  It would be as if the lvl 75 was picking out a name like he did during character creation and found that name was already in use because someone else had it first.

I really agree on this. Alot of us have alts that were created long before any merge notice, that are not 65+. Alts that we go leveling up slowly, that we use for events, or even to learn new classes. When we created them, we chose a name "free", so not trying to steal anyone. Now, if anyone from other server have the same name, will get it just because is lvl 65+??? And if my alt was created first??? Not fair. The name ownership should be determinated only by CREATION DATE, period. Not for activity. if someone is not active, wont be worry about merge or names. probably wont even login....

I have worst name comflit: im older on server, but im being bullyed because a guy have a name to similar of mine, and since he is not a god person, people think im him.... you cant imagine what i have been throw. And no, i wont change my name.  

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kubei-IS said:

I think it's just absurd they'll be looking at both age of the character creation and its level. Didn't you say it's first come, first serve? Handling this amount of player issues makes me think they may give up at some point.

I don't think it was every "first come, first server". They always said they would provide mediation between two players who both had a claim to a certain name. It's just now they are telling us what the rules are that will be applied in these cases. 

I agree, though, there will be a ton and a half of these conflicts and many of them will not be malicious, either. I am sure there will be a ton of cases where someone logs in and their name is taken. Rather than fight for their name (or until Support gets to their ticket) will chose a new name for their character.. only to have -that- name challenged by someone that had it before. This is going to go round and round and would have not occurred had we just had our names set to our current names plus two letter server abbreviation.

Hello.

Danaria going be a fusion of 3 servers, i´m from IS, and i will not Search in the hundreds or thousands players in the other two servers if someone has any of my nick.

I Think Kubei has  a point... First come, first serve will solve a lot of mess... Ofc some hight rank may get angry if they get their nicks "stoled"... But looks this is will be a better way to avoid a LOTS of confusion.

@Cyan What happens to legions with a brigade general who hasn't logged on in nearly/over a year? As it is the legion my ranger is in, I'm the only active member now. I'd rather the legion name not be jumbled letters/numbers, at least. (And am kinda using it for extra storage. Since my toon is the only one able to invite my alts on occasion and I told our bg I'd keep that particular toon in legion for him while he's away from the game, along with having actually been in the legion for over 5? years, at minimum, so I kinda don't want to just leave, y'know?)

Am I just SOL?

5 hours ago, Kubei-IS said:

To be honest, we all should keep our names and be given the name change ticket if we wanted to change our names. That way, it'd be easier for players and the support.

I fully agree with this. I don't see the need to reset all names. Why not just reset those that are the same after merge?

And, since I truly do care about Nc's profit (sarcasm), I don't think they even should hand out tickets to everyone in this case. If there was no merge everyone would be keeping their name as well so what's the problem. Lacked creativity at creation? Buy a namechange ticket later, this merge will be chaos already for support.

3 hours ago, kjHel-IS said:

@Cyan What happens to legions with a brigade general who hasn't logged on in nearly/over a year?

I feel you :/ there's something about leaving that alt in that legion to remember 'the good old days' - ripperinos for the names of those.

hypothetically speaking, what would actually happen if i or someone pick up someone else's nickname? i have interest on a nickname and its a nickname that i think that all players that have it stopped playing, i tried to contact them on each server beeing a week already and no replys, so, if they fight for the nickname, will i get like, perma banned or something like this?

Many Thanks.

10 hours ago, Islanmir-IS said:

I really agree on this. Alot of us have alts that were created long before any merge notice, that are not 65+. Alts that we go leveling up slowly, that we use for events, or even to learn new classes. When we created them, we chose a name "free", so not trying to steal anyone. Now, if anyone from other server have the same name, will get it just because is lvl 65+??? And if my alt was created first??? Not fair. The name ownership should be determinated only by CREATION DATE, period. Not for activity. if someone is not active, wont be worry about merge or names. probably wont even login....

I couldn't agree more! Losing a character name that you have had since 2013 to some newbie who probably logged in and rush leveled their toon to 65 in a week is in no way fair. Seniority should be priority #1.

6 hours ago, kjHel-IS said:

@Cyan What happens to legions with a brigade general who hasn't logged on in nearly/over a year? As it is the legion my ranger is in, I'm the only active member now. I'd rather the legion name not be jumbled letters/numbers, at least. (And am kinda using it for extra storage. Since my toon is the only one able to invite my alts on occasion and I told our bg I'd keep that particular toon in legion for him while he's away from the game, along with having actually been in the legion for over 5? years, at minimum, so I kinda don't want to just leave, y'know?)

Am I just SOL?

You can write to Support and ask that the legion be transferred to you.. though it's too late to do that for the merge.

2 hours ago, Carnificis-IS said:

hypothetically speaking, what would actually happen if i or someone pick up someone else's nickname? i have interest on a nickname and its a nickname that i think that all players that have it stopped playing, i tried to contact them on each server beeing a week already and no replys, so, if they fight for the nickname, will i get like, perma banned or something like this?

Technically speaking, you're supposed to take one of the names you've had previously on your character/the name you picked at character creation.

In practice, we all know people will go wild with all the old classy names that will be up for grabs for once. Generally if you're not ill-intended (i.e. actively attempting to steal an active player's username and identity by all means possible), you have no reason to worry about getting perma banned for just a name... considering they barely ban for much more serious offenses.

4 hours ago, Capa-SL said:

Technically speaking, you're supposed to take one of the names you've had previously on your character/the name you picked at character creation.

In practice, we all know people will go wild with all the old classy names that will be up for grabs for once. Generally if you're not ill-intended (i.e. actively attempting to steal an active player's username and identity by all means possible), you have no reason to worry about getting perma banned for just a name... considering they barely ban for much more serious offenses.

Ohhh nice, i'm not intended to pick any of those classy names like "Goku" or "Naruto".. i think i'll go for it then, thanks.

Hello, I´m asking on behalf of a friend.

He got his main character name and former (5 year old) legion name stolen by the same person. He already send both tickets to support, and we were unsure if "gameplay issues" was the right label for this situation. If not, which one is?

While he waits for an answer from support, which it could take several days o weeks, he is stuck with a name that makes him unable to join groups/alliance/coalitions. So the question is if he use the character name ticket to get  a provisory name to participate in game content and A) the dispute resolves in his favor, will he be provided with another ticket to get his rightful name back? Or will it be changed directly by support?  B) If he lose the dispute, he´ll keep the temporary name or get a ticket.

Any clarification is appreciated. ^_^

6 hours ago, Celythiel-DN said:

What can I do if I'm in a legion with an inactive brigadier? D:

You can write to Support and ask for the BG to be given to you. If the BG and all the officers can't be contacted, they will pass it to you. Alternatively, you can just leave and start/join another legion.

1 hour ago, Alephia-DN said:

Hello, I´m asking on behalf of a friend.

He got his main character name and former (5 year old) legion name stolen by the same person. He already send both tickets to support, and we were unsure if "gameplay issues" was the right label for this situation. If not, which one is?

While he waits for an answer from support, which it could take several days o weeks, he is stuck with a name that makes him unable to join groups/alliance/coalitions. So the question is if he use the character name ticket to get  a provisory name to participate in game content and A) the dispute resolves in his favor, will he be provided with another ticket to get his rightful name back? Or will it be changed directly by support?  B) If he lose the dispute, he´ll keep the temporary name or get a ticket.

Any clarification is appreciated. ^_^

I would have put it under "Report a Player". And your friend should just go ahead and pick another name. (Maybe "TheReal<name> or something?) That way they can play until Support gets to them.

I found that I cannot use the name of one of my oldest characters (created in 2010), making it older than both other servers that have been merged with Israphel. This was the response I've received after submitting a ticket, which is directly contradicting this post: 

"After reviewing your request, I'm afraid that I won't be able to rename your character to your desired name. This is because of the name you wish to use is already owned by another player before the server merge. As we have stated, we will be mitigating the cases of identity theft. In this case, the name you wish to use already belongs to another player.

I know that this may not be the answer you are looking for, but we can only ask for your understanding on this matter. Feel free to contact us if you have any other inquiries."

Clearly this post stated that if both characters are 65+, the one with earliest creation date gets to claim ownership. Unless the other character was a transfer from one of the older servers, and was made before my character, it's impossible for it have an earlier creation date. In this case there should be transparency on creation dates, as right now it looks you guys are just being lazy with checking this and flip flipping on clearly stated parameters. I appreciate the fast response, however I do not appreciate the response itself.

18 minutes ago, Scelestus-DN said:

I found that I cannot use the name of one of my oldest characters (created in 2010), making it older than both other servers that have been merged with Israphel. This was the response I've received after submitting a ticket, which is directly contradicting this post: 

"After reviewing your request, I'm afraid that I won't be able to rename your character to your desired name. This is because of the name you wish to use is already owned by another player before the server merge. As we have stated, we will be mitigating the cases of identity theft. In this case, the name you wish to use already belongs to another player.

I know that this may not be the answer you are looking for, but we can only ask for your understanding on this matter. Feel free to contact us if you have any other inquiries."

Clearly this post stated that if both characters are 65+, the one with earliest creation date gets to claim ownership. Unless the other character was a transfer from one of the older servers, and was made before my character, it's impossible for it have an earlier creation date. In this case there should be transparency on creation dates, as right now it looks you guys are just being lazy with checking this and flip flipping on clearly stated parameters. I appreciate the fast response, however I do not appreciate the response itself.

Tiamat was made up of servers that have been around since launch. It is entirely possible that a character from there had the name first. Also, transfers into Kahrun have been around for years, meaning that characters there could also have been older than your character.

33 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Tiamat was made up of servers that have been around since launch. It is entirely possible that a character from there had the name first. Also, transfers into Kahrun have been around for years, meaning that characters there could also have been older than your character.

Could be, which is why I mentioned xfers and said transparency would be nice. The one that got to log in first, which couldn't have been me as I was sleeping thanks to continuous delays, got the name. Since I've been burned by NCSoft before, it's hard to just take their word for it, though that's probably gonna be the outcome anyway.

12 minutes ago, Scelestus-DN said:

Could be, which is why I mentioned xfers and said transparency would be nice. The one that got to log in first, which couldn't have been me as I was sleeping thanks to continuous delays, got the name. Since I've been burned by NCSoft before, it's hard to just take their word for it, though that's probably gonna be the outcome anyway.

But it isn't that they logged in first. It's that they created their character before you did and thus own the name. It's not a fun situation, but there are still a whole lot of people around that have been playing their characters since '09. My original character was on Kaisinel and then New Vizal and then Tiamat and now Danaria. I am 100% sure she is the oldest character with her name. I ended up getting it last night, but any challenge would come up unsuccessful for the other person.

I know it's hard, but try not to see conspiracies everywhere. Support is the worst ever, but the guidelines for this are simple and straightforward. Even they can't screw this up.

8 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

But it isn't that they logged in first. It's that they created their character before you did and thus own the name. It's not a fun situation, but there are still a whole lot of people around that have been playing their characters since '09. My original character was on Kaisinel and then New Vizal and then Tiamat and now Danaria. I am 100% sure she is the oldest character with her name. I ended up getting it last night, but any challenge would come up unsuccessful for the other person.

I know it's hard, but try not to see conspiracies everywhere. Support is the worst ever, but the guidelines for this are simple and straightforward. Even they can't screw this up.

In that case I have misunderstood how the name changes will be taking effect. What I thought is first come first serve and then we get into disputes. If someones character is indeed older, then obviously they should have it, though I'm not happy to lose the name I held for 7 years, I'll live. Without again publicly going into what happened to me, by the fault on NCSoft's "security", and the aftermath of it, you'd be distrustful of them too. I'm not seeing conspiracies, it's just what I've learned from experience. The "event" kept me away for 4 years, but I did come back, unfortunately many things remain the same. Thanks for clarifying better than those in charge.

Archived