NA is superior than EU in almost every aspect excepted events and skins

Neleth-KT

NA was far better until 5.8. EU was so bad until 5.8, people would make a lot of forum complaints because the company would remove rewards from instances to make it more "fair" according to them. They kept asking to bring original rewards in everything we never had to do this.

But after 6.2 our publisher went full opposite way.

19 minutes ago, 5s152F76-DN said:

oO
i cant recall them ever removing any drops from instances. If anything, they were adding extra drops like apes and serums since according to NC, those items were supposed to come mainly from the shop.

I think they majorly reduced APES and holy serums from luna stuff right?

luna is not part of the "original" content. It doesn't really have "default" settings to nerf. it's more of a perma event for overseas regions.
But yes, they did adjust the drops there to what they thought was a more reasonable probability for an afk instance ran by hundreds of alts,

10 hours ago, 5s152F76-DN said:

oO
i cant recall them ever removing any drops from instances. If anything, they were adding extra drops like apes and serums since according to NC, those items were supposed to come mainly from the shop.

They removed almost all the good rewards from Crucible Spire and then they had to bring those back after people filed complaints.

They were also notorious for making ban waves based on how much time people were online, even if they were afk in town and kept coming back to check something and moved their chars so they won't get auto-dc.

On 11/18/2019 at 6:04 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

NA was far better until 5.8. EU was so bad until 5.8, people would make a lot of forum complaints because the company would remove rewards from instances to make it more "fair" according to them. They kept asking to bring original rewards in everything we never had to do this.

But after 6.2 our publisher went full opposite way.

It was the opposite. In EU you could have absolutely everything in 5.x, with just kinah. By everything I say shop related items that were exclusive to shop players in NA (best titles, best wings, pets, minions etc). Kinah was easy to make. The majority of players had everything they needed from just buying gold packs from broker and use it for elite rewards and veteran rewards (discontinued in NA), which had everything a character needed from cash shop. That was easy to do with how fast and easy was to obtain kinah in that patch, even for new players. Players abused alts for this. I didn't play hardcore and I made a few accounts full veteran with elite rewards (that means 50+20 gold pack for one account) with just using kinah, I had many billions kinah left over and all the items I needed. Hardcore players had much more than me and they still collect the rewards to this day (veteran rewards reset every half year).

They didn't remove drop from instances. It was the luna 100% drop of omegas from those bags that was removed and caused all the big drama. It had only a chance and that wasn't enough to calm down the players. Players were abusing this on hundreds of alts since luna was for level 10 characters, using tradable gear to max everything very easy.

Because of how things went, they added Hero Trials, with daily items very needed by the players. 

oHwybCL.png

You had to do a bit of work so less abused on lots of alts.

They added omegas and tempering to every easy instances but it was a chance. 

The events were better. If you were an active player you could have 300 craft and level 75 much faster than in NA. I had 3 characters full craft and level 75 and too lazy to do it on more alts.

jmp1UEU.png

EU removed the safe cap at +25, in order to not have many players with imbalanced gear. They removed the extra pvp from feather/plume in order to not have further imbalance. They removed the ability of minion to not one shot players like in NA. All these chances were for the better.

Most players were complaining because first of all, they thought if the game is advertised as f2p, everything should have been completely free, without ever using the shop. That meant not even buying gold pack, that was quite needed. The 5.x patch was a p2w patch and players wanted everything for free, as it was in earlier patches. They compared present EU with the times they were under NA, with monthly subscription, but most of them were not aware NA also went f2p and p2w. They just remembered the golden days of monthly subscription. It was true that prestige pack wasn't mandatory in NA but it had its benefits for using it. Besides, prestige subscription was for one character while gold pack was (still is) for an entire account (all characters) and cheaper, 3-10 euros depending of discount sales and the country you buy it, The other things were the luna nerf, an instance that wasn't even a core instance in Korea, and patch related things like p2w, harder to level up and so on. As someone mentioned, things were supposed to come from the shop, like in Korea but players really disliked this.

It doesn't matter, the EU f2p model was still better than NA till the end of 5.8, as a complete f2p player in EU could have maxed his character (including vest titles and what was shop related) with just kinah. NA broker was so expensive because things were more scarce over here and most things came from shop and not the game. Some of the things you had to buy with real money, and still is the case.

Past 5.8

With 6.x and 7.x, both EU and NA are in the dumpster but I think NA has a better f2p model at this point. It's still harder to make kinah in NA compared with EU but the overall f2p model is more friendly towards complete f2p players. Not much to say at this point, as the game is going down slowly and surely, mostly because of Korea and then the publishers.

19 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

For 7.0, Taiwan and EU had 100% drop rate of ultimate gear from instance final bosses. 7.2 patch notes mentioned their drop rate nerfs. EU then made custom changes to reverse that 7.2 drop rate nerf.

NA's instance ultimate drop rate was nerfed from the start. (7.2 drop rates?)

I think we had the same drop in both NA and EU and 6.5 was the one with 100% drop of ultimate gear.

The 7.0 update was the one with a chance of ultimate part in easy instances and 100% drop in harder instances like Stella NM. IDD had 1 legendary stones and probably 4-5 legendary items,  PF had 2 legendary stones and I think 4-5 legendary items, Stella EM had 1 legendary stone, besides the box with 3, and 4 legendary items from the whole instance, and Stella NM had 1 ultimate stone and some legendary stones from bags from bosses. 

The 7.2 update removed every enchantment stones from any bosses and some legendary items. That means -1 legendary stone in IDD and only 2 legendary items instead of 4-5, PF easy -2 legendary stones and I think only 2-3 legendary items in the whole instance, Stella EM has only the 3 from the box  and less legendary items, and finally Stella NM doesn't have the  drop of ultimate stone anymore, no more random legendary bags from bosses and less legendary gear drops. On top of everything, the value of gear was nerfed a lot, almost -25% less value to vendor it. The enchantment stones were 'supposedly'  added as weekly quests but with a catch. You can do maximum 2 weekly quests for each instances and there is a chance for a better enchant stone. No matter if you do an instance 2 times or 5 times, you can do only 2 weekly quests for enchant stones and that is the only source you will have, except the box with 3 stones in Stella. I think only BoS and FM has 100% chance for ancient enchant stones. IDD and PF  has weekly with a chance of either 5 ancient or 1 legendary stone. Since 7.2 update (3 weeks already) I never got legendary stones from those quests on multiple characters. Stella has a chance from either 1 legendary and 1 ultimate stone and obviously I got only legendary. I think the chance to get a better stone is slim at best.

The 7.2 update made a lot of players quit the game. PvE nerf and kinah nerf from 7.2 were some of the reasons and therefore GF reverted the drop to 7.0 and added some kinah to instances to make things less worse. But the overall 7.2 patch is bad and it's better if it comes later than sooner. 

13 hours ago, healingslave-DN said:

I will never understand why some EU players choose to play NA servers. EU has a bigger player base and doesn't have Gideon ontop of all the other stuff mentioned. It isn't even a discussion which version is better.

I was one of the many that played here since the beginning. I had the chance to move out my characters to EU in 3.x but as everyone else, I heard bad things about GF. They never had a good reputation to start with. They messed up some of the events, the updates were behind, they started with active GM's and banned some players. I think with 4.x updated they started doing better but the majority were suspicios and of course we had that image in our mind. I played both for a while and didn't see a difference for a while, except the obvious ping and better timezone. Things started to get better on EU, had much better population while here everyone I knew moved to other server or quit.  Things snowballed till the very end. I think today it matters more what's your ping and the schedule you have. In the past we had multiple sieges in a day and EU players could easily attend some, which is not possible anymore. As publishers, some things are better in NA, some better on EU, but overall Aion as a game is in the dumpster no matter the region you play on.

Archived