Jump to content
mastergod-DN

CLERICS TAKING MULTIPLE TOP SPOTS IN ARENA RANKS

Recommended Posts

they must be really good at aion !!!

such class distribution!!! wow!!! very amaze

 

NA recent end-of-season top arena ranks:

Ifejhoq.png

 

EU top arena ranks (pic from few days ago, season not yet over, may change):

tpijbyC.png

 

12 classes in the game btw (imagine if we had painters on NA who knew how to play the game)

1st thread:

"dont worry cleric wont be so bad in 7.0 or 7.2 when we have extendables" - cleric apologists 

easily the least fun class to fight in arena x)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

What's your point exactly?  That a geared cleric is hard to fight? Umm.. yeah. So? If your class is correct on the character you are posting on, most players would rank fighting a spiritmaster right up there in suckage as fighting a cleric. Fear.. fear.. fear.. and for a change more fear! That's just as bad as.. full heal.. full heal.. and even more full heal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hallo-DN   

If you time your fears and cc correctly sms are very unstoppable. I find it funny that sm is complaining about clerics. SMs can drain someone's hp  fast during a fear so  who is more annoying.

 

I'm surprised that there arent more vandals in top list.... Geared vandals are scary

Edited by Hallo-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you feel bad about your class or about your lack of ability to pvp... think that there is always a sorcerer somewhere given up every effort to do pvp.

Vandals will dominate it at some point, they are retarded-op

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clerics will always be at the top because arenas heavily favor healing classes, being able to fully heal after each fight is a huge advantage specially in the 3rd round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*rubs head* A Spiritmaster.. Complaining about another class. Is any other region forums like this? We are unnecessarily buffed this patch and will get stronger. Spiritmaster was supposed to be about damage over time and some genius decided to give us direct damage skills that do a ton of damage as well like stone scour. This is bringing me back bad memories of that thread a few months ago complaining about Spiritmasters by a Ranger and Sin... Ok I guess this is the time.. Let's get this over with. Aethertechs, Songweavers, Templars make threads while you can saying how overpowered another class is. This is seemly your time to shine. Hell we need a Painter in here talking about how hard their class actually is and how skillful they to play in order to kill people.

Edited by Briearios-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lapis-DN   
11 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

What's your point exactly?  That a geared cleric is hard to fight? Umm.. yeah. So? If your class is correct on the character you are posting on, most players would rank fighting a spiritmaster right up there in suckage as fighting a cleric. Fear.. fear.. fear.. and for a change more fear! That's just as bad as.. full heal.. full heal.. and even more full heal.

the point is cleric can abuse arena using root, shielding up and running to take arctifacts. it works against 9 out of 12 classes and that way they avoid the entire fight most of the time.
They are indeed stronger and top tier in this patch, but they're also abusing
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

And an SM isn't "abusing" when they chain fear? Or a sin isn't abusing when they run out the clock in hide?

Most every class can "abuse" in some fashion. And that's because that isn't really abuse. It's just characteristics of those classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lapis-DN said:

the point is cleric can abuse arena using root, shielding up and running to take arctifacts. it works against 9 out of 12 classes and that way they avoid the entire fight most of the time.
They are indeed stronger and top tier in this patch, but they're also abusing
 

OMG God, how dare Clerics do something like that to win the duel, it's not possible!! they should really be banned from any kind of pvp combat!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Capa-KT   
3 minutes ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

OMG God, how dare Clerics do something like that to win the duel, it's not possible!! they should really be banned from any kind of pvp combat!!!!

agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lapis-DN   
13 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

And an SM isn't "abusing" when they chain fear? Or a sin isn't abusing when they run out the clock in hide?

Most every class can "abuse" in some fashion. And that's because that isn't really abuse. It's just characteristics of those classes.

all of these mechanics are broken in a 1v1 scenario. If you think clerics are always topping arena rankings due to their gear or pvp skills, I am sure you dont do solo arenas often (or just afk them? hmmm)

 

11 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

OMG God, how dare Clerics do something like that to win the duel, it's not possible!! they should really be banned from any kind of pvp combat!!!!

its not about banning, its about balancing.

if you're ok with the fact that a class can sucessfuly root you every 10s and run to a thing that give points/advantage, good for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
29 minutes ago, Lapis-DN said:

all of these mechanics are broken in a 1v1 scenario. If you think clerics are always topping arena rankings due to their gear or pvp skills, I am sure you dont do solo arenas often (or just afk them? hmmm)

*snip*

I didn't say it was only gear. The class mechanics are also what they are. I just don't think calling out clerics when you are an SM is anything other than cry-baby tears.

I can get behind saying that the "mechanics are broken" or that the classes are not balance for 1v1. I just can't get behind calling clerics using their skills as "abuse".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lapis-DN   
6 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I didn't say it was only gear. The class mechanics are also what they are. I just don't think calling out clerics when you are an SM is anything other than cry-baby tears.

I can get behind saying that the "mechanics are broken" or that the classes are not balance for 1v1. I just can't get behind calling clerics using their skills as "abuse".

I'm not SM

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Briearios-DN said:

This is bringing me back bad memories of that thread a few months ago complaining about Spiritmasters by a Ranger and Sin... 

and who can blame them ? is not about X class vs Y class, is about facts, and a simple fact is that Fear is the strongest skill in game...

oh and don't get me started in the Daevanion version that can bypass any resist skills and that even Fear XFORMS, that is beyond words.

 

3gyzfr.jpg

 

Edited by BigSexyHook-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lapis-DN said:

its not about banning, its about balancing.

if you're ok with the fact that a class can sucessfuly root you every 10s and run to a thing that give points/advantage, good for you

then if it is about balancing, dont use your mantras, those extras stats represent an advantage for you that the other clases dont have.

if you can't distribute your skills or dont know in what moment to use the great healing pot to prevent movement lock, is your problem.

 

Edited by Vessttemona-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BigSexyHook-KT said:

and who can blame them ? is not about X class vs Y class, is about facts, and a simple fact is that Fear is the strongest skill in game...

oh and don't get me started in the Daevanion version that can bypass any resist skills and that even Fear XFORMS, that is beyond words.

 

3gyzfr.jpg

 

I am going to go by what I see stated for your character here in the forums and assume you play Templar only. A ranger has 3 resists and sin has 5. The only fear a Spiritmaster can cast extremely fast is instant fear which can be resisted. Also the aoe 0.5 cast fear can be resisted. We can even add remove shock fear to the list as another fear with little or no casting time. A ranger can silence bury a Spiritmaster before he/she can get any of the very long fears out. The combo is usually stun (to bait remove shock) debuff, bury silence, burst, sleep arrow, sleep trap, bury silence and the Spiritmaster is usually talking to their soul healer about the last visit he or she just made there. Lets not even talk about fighting sins with 5 resists. You have to hope that you live through the silence buries and remove shock baits. I don't think you know how hard it is to maneuver around those resists of classes that are your actual counters. I am not going to sit here and say you can't beat a Ranger or Sin but it's pretty darn hard. So yes I thought the thread where the 2 of them complained about a class they counter very silly. The "strongest" skill in the game isn't so strong when you can resist 3 out of 4 of them and also 2 of them have a ridiculous long casting time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Briearios-DN said:

I am going to go by what I see stated for your character here in the forums and assume you play Templar only. A ranger has 3 resists and sin has 5. The only fear a Spiritmaster can cast extremely fast is instant fear which can be resisted. Also the aoe 0.5 cast fear can be resisted. We can even add remove shock fear to the list as another fear with little or no casting time. A ranger can silence bury a Spiritmaster before he/she can get any of the very long fears out. The combo is usually stun (to bait remove shock) debuff, bury silence, burst, sleep arrow, sleep trap, bury silence and the Spiritmaster is usually talking to their soul healer about the last visit he or she just made there. Lets not even talk about fighting sins with 5 resists. You have to hope that you live through the silence buries and remove shock baits. I don't think you know how hard it is to maneuver around those resists of classes that are your actual counters. I am not going to sit here and say you can't beat a Ranger or Sin but it's pretty darn hard. So yes I thought the thread where the 2 of them complained about a class they counter very silly. The "strongest" skill in the game isn't so strong when you can resist 3 out of 4 of them and also 2 of them have a ridiculous long casting time.

Sins do not have 5 resist skills, sins have 3 resist skills.  The .5 cast of fear is almost impossible to resist even with good ping (and it's not a 100% resist, it can hit through FE or AT).  Rangers only truly counter SMs, sins it's an event fight assuming equal gear and ability.  Let's not talk about the fact that you can bury silence/bind on us easily while also being able to turn us INTO A GRAPE for 10+ seconds.

If you play your class to the best ability, and are equal gear with someone you should almost never lose a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×