About Legendary Transformation Contract Alchemy Reagent

alexddos

Can't believe people are still QQ'ing even after getting a whole bunch of free stuff. Let me throw some reality at you guys. Aion-is-the-only-game-you-can-play-and-be-end-game-without-paying-a-penny. How tf you expect a game to stay alive if you want literally everything free. You get free Luna, free gameplay, free leg transform. Everything literally free. Stop fking QQ'ing over every little thing and let us enjoy something nice for a change.

4 hours ago, kingss-DN said:

Can't believe people are still QQ'ing even after getting a whole bunch of free stuff. Let me throw some reality at you guys. Aion-is-the-only-game-you-can-play-and-be-end-game-without-paying-a-penny. How tf you expect a game to stay alive if you want literally everything free. You get free Luna, free gameplay, free leg transform. Everything literally free. Stop fking QQ'ing over every little thing and let us enjoy something nice for a change.

Um.. Excuse you? Guild Wars 2 would like to have a talk to you about your entire sentence. Only mode in Guild Wars 2 you need gear for is World versus World and you can get that gear from crafting or running pve instances called Fractals or just in general. So I don't know what you are on about making it seem like everyone should be grateful for a nerfed event compared to what EU got and yes I know this isn't EU. Guild Wars 2 mechanics for world bosses etc should be adapted to all games. You don't have to group up to get a drop. Once you are in the area of the boss and dps, everyone gets loot. Some of your are clearly delusional. And unlike Aion Guild Wars is actually free. Yes you don't need to spend money in Aion but you should or you will always be left far behind.

1 hour ago, Briearios-DN said:

Um.. Excuse you? Guild Wars 2 would like to have a talk to you about your entire sentence. Only mode in Guild Wars 2 you need gear for is World versus World and you can get that gear from crafting or running pve instances called Fractals or just in general. So I don't know what you are on about making it seem like everyone should be grateful for a nerfed event compared to what EU got and yes I know this isn't EU. Guild Wars 2 mechanics for world bosses etc should be adapted to all games. You don't have to group up to get a drop. Once you are in the area of the boss and dps, everyone gets loot. Some of your are clearly delusional. And unlike Aion Guild Wars is actually free. Yes you don't need to spend money in Aion but you should or you will always be left far behind.

Guild Wars has a decent f2p model, but it isn't as good as Aion's. There is plenty of things that are restricted unless you pay.

Chart of Guild Wars 2 Account Types.

You can only play certain maps. There are restrictions to the broker, chat, arenas, WvW, the gem store, LFG, mail, professions and classes.

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Guild Wars has a decent f2p model, but it isn't as good as Aion's. There is plenty of things that are restricted unless you pay.

Chart of Guild Wars 2 Account Types.

You can only play certain maps. There are restrictions to the broker, chat, arenas, WvW, the gem store, LFG, mail, professions and classes.

Yes but unlike Aion if you do not pay you are not left behind. I have a free account and an account with everything. You are only limited to one class which was introduced in the HOT expansion which is Revenant. Do you need to have that class? No you don't. During the many balance patches Guild Wars 2 has had a lot of the core professions that are now good against the elite specs which is what you get when you buy the HOT and POF expansions. Also due to the numerous balance updates some of the elite specs are now bad. Like Druid, Chronomancer, Tempest etc and more to come because some elite specs are getting gutted again in a soon to come balance patch. All those things you mentioned you do not need to get or use them. Unlike Aion where you need to have gear to pve and pvp and also transformation contracts. You can get the gear from not paying but it will take extremely long. Legendary and Ultimate contracts though is another story. The possible of getting any of those 2 is so low if you do happen to get one without paying I'd love some of your luck. My post was in regards to someone who was basically stating what we have in this game no other game has or does better and we should be quiet and happy with whatever we get. No game is perfect.

Also most of the things you listen that they are restriction on are chat. You can still chat in team. In spvp people hardly talk in map chat. https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Guild-Wars-2-Account-Types-Free-Core-HoT-PoF

15 minutes ago, Briearios-DN said:

Yes but unlike Aion if you do not pay you are not left behind. I have a free account and an account with everything. You are only limited to one class which was introduced in the HOT expansion which is Revenant. Do you need to have that class? No you don't. During the many balance patches Guild Wars 2 has had a lot of the core professions that are now good against the elite specs which is what you get when you buy the HOT and POF expansions. Also due to the numerous balance updates some of the elite specs are now bad. Like Druid, Chronomancer, Tempest etc and more to come because some elite specs are getting gutted again in a soon to come balance patch. All those things you mentioned you do not need to get or use them. Unlike Aion where you need to have gear to pve and pvp and also transformation contracts. You can get the gear from not paying but it will take extremely long. Legendary and Ultimate contracts though is another story. The possible of getting any of those 2 is so low if you do happen to get one without paying I'd love some of your luck. My post was in regards to someone who was basically stating what we have in this game no other game has or does better and we should be quiet and happy with whatever we get. No game is perfect.

Also most of the things you listen that they are restriction on are chat. You can still chat in team. In spvp people hardly talk in map chat. https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Guild-Wars-2-Account-Types-Free-Core-HoT-PoF

I like GW2. You are correct that no game is perfect.

But GW2 is 100% more restrictive to f2p players than Aion is. In Aion you can play every map, play every class, use the broker to buy/sell any item, use every chat, attend every siege, run every instance, buy anything from the cash shop and craft to your hearts content with no level restrictions.

I have played many many MMORPGs and have yet to find a better f2p model than Aion has in North America.

I agree with you on getting geared and transformation contracts and a whole lot of other stuff. But you also need to be able to give NCWest props for things that they do right. And their f2p model is one of the right things.

4 hours ago, Briearios-DN said:

I love my tempest. q_q She's a squish, but lightning lightning lightning.

14 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

But GW2 is 100% more restrictive to f2p players than Aion is. In Aion you can play every map, play every class, use the broker to buy/sell any item, use every chat, attend every siege, run every instance, buy anything from the cash shop and craft to your hearts content with no level restrictions.

I have played many many MMORPGs and have yet to find a better f2p model than Aion has in North America.

I agree with you on getting geared and transformation contracts and a whole lot of other stuff. But you also need to be able to give NCWest props for things that they do right. And their f2p model is one of the right things.

Except this game has a lot of missing content and most of the missing content for f2p players is still in the cash shop. It's the worst f2p model you can get. It looks like a demo, the stuff is there but not achievable.

It can take years to achieve most of the stuff as a f2p player. Getting your ultimate pvp gear to +15 is an insane amount of time and work and require you to buy some of the stuff from others. Same with +15 daevanion skills, as it is impossible to get that as f2p. You could probably do it in a few years but you're limited by the number of entries to instances, rng to get the shugo, rng to get past +5 without many failures. Same with +15 stigmas and S-rank minions that is coming soon. Then another amount of work is getting the right legendary transform for your class, while ultimate transformation is out of the question.

Just because something is theoretically achievable as f2p players, it doesn't mean it will happen. They are literally depriving you of items so that you're never catching up with those who spend, and then when new patch is arriving you're always left behind more and more. With every patch they add something more to farm while you're still farming for older stuff.

It's an illusion that is f2p. It's more like free to log in. Start the game now from scratch and tell me how far you can get in this game, spending a few hours every day. Not to mention that for years of f2p, players that paid had the possibility to get the best titles and best wings, giving you stats, or more GP from sieges. Less needed but there is inventory space and pets, something that f2p players can't get.

Look at a game like Path of Exile. It's not a mmorpg but a mmoarpg. It started much later than Aion, with a few thousands players. Nowadays you find even 200k players in a queue to log in. The shop is completely cosmetics and more inventory space. The biggest moba games doesn't have to sell ingame stats items to survive. Aion is selling most of the missing game content through shop. How is that best f2p?

14 hours ago, 2s105714-DN said:

Look at a game like Path of Exile. It's not a mmorpg but a mmoarpg. It started much later than Aion, with a few thousands players. Nowadays you find even 200k players in a queue to log in. The shop is completely cosmetics and more inventory space. The biggest moba games doesn't have to sell ingame stats items to survive. Aion is selling most of the missing game content through shop. How is that best f2p?

The issue is looking at other genre's is kinda pointless because it is a different crowd. 

What games do PoE have to compete with? Diablo and everyone is on the FU blizzard train still so they reap those rewards.

Very similar to how PubG was when it released in the BR genre. PubG had no competition aside from the buggy games like Ark(dino riding BR) and Dayz BR mode? I think it was. Then Fortnite which was so polished and mechanically challenging to most with the building mechanic came along and stole the majority of PubGs player base simply for being a better game. Then you had Apex come along and steal more because the game ran better than PubG. While sure the game is not dead the amount of players in the BR genre is not spread around in the MMORPG genre.

Then you also have the MOBAs and if you have not watched the making of LoL on Netflix i suggest you do because they had people who were keen to add p2w but they decided against it.

Now we get to the MMORPG genre lets say every genre has got 300m world wide(probably more for all genres but lets go with it). It comes down to the fact that there is what 100+ games that are MMORPG's as well as many more that slap the MMORPG tag on their game for release because it gets more sales. The player base is split up so much more.

The best comparison for any cash shop game is BDO. What does BDO do different to Aion? They let players be able to use their time to their advantage. If you have 10 hours a day you can make the equivalent $500 worth of cash shop > in-game currency value per week. BDO did not go we are going to gate players progression to keep people online they went we are going to sell progression and keep the core game intact. 

Each update past 4.pre-omega stone update Aion developers went what can we take away from players who play our game and add it in to a cash shop function. People may say tempering solutions was very p2w but it was a feature that players could easily earn in game through in-game currency because it dropped enough to always be listed on the broker. Omega stones were only on the broker due to bots who were botting in IO for the most part until the omega stones became flash sales items. 5.X took even more away with making peoples progression blow up. 6.0 took even more away by separating PvP and PvE progression/the ability to farm stones on your alts for gear and what not.

Right now Aion's best progression system for new/poor returning players f2p is to not play the game. How stupid is that as a game system. Do not actually participate in PvP instances try to avoid fights as much as possible. Do afk luna's and play other games to earn currency because it is more enjoyable than fighting the teleporting bots for the 80 mobs you can kill with your gear. Wait till you get some pandora gear before lfg will take you to instances. The list goes on. This is what established players who still have billions from 5.X not really comprehending the situation they are like the game is fine. 

TL:DR It is not what they sell it is what they do not allow the smaller spender to do in game to progress that makes Aion suffer. 

P.S sorry for Wall-O-Text 

10 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

You shouldn't be. That wall-o-text perfectly sums up everything that's wrong with Aion and more people need to see it. 

In any case, when people discuss F2P, they generally mean it both in terms of access and equity. Aion's F2P gives you access, but as @2s105714-DN said, it'll take a new player significantly longer (6+ months, maybe years) to be on par with any established or paying player.

Differences between paying and non-paying players are fine as long as the gap is kept to a minimum. When Aion first went F2P, it really was one of the best systems out there because it was mostly cosmetic in nature. I don't recall when the shift really started to take hold, but as many have pointed out, the Luna system (perhaps even earlier?) completely shattered any notions of having a F2P system that provided access with equity. Aion used to balance access and equity with events: if you couldn't pay, you could catch up to others through events and this sort of worked? They really ruined it all with 6.0 and the complete lack of community engagement that came with it. So now the gap between paying and F2P players is substantial, and they keep widening that divide with each update.

When I think of a free-to-play model, I consider only access. A good f2p model will allow characters equal access to all the game systems without having to pay. Consider SWtoR. You have to pay to wear the best armor. You have to pay to not display your helmet model. If you don't pay, you will run out of quests and not be able to progress in the game. That's one of the worst f2p models I have ever seen. 

What you are calling "equality" I think of as "progression" and that's really game design. I agree that in Aion, it is really tough for a brand-spanking-new player to get decked out in full tier 2 ult PvE and PvP if they aren't willing to spend some cash. It's not impossible, but it will take tons longer. This is true for EU Aion as well as NA Aion. So the f2p model isn't at fault here. It's just the game.

I don't agree that the introduction of luna hurt the ftp model. In fact, it make it better as you can reset instances with luna and you can earn luna entirely for free. 

I think Aion going f2p in Korea has had the biggest impact on our game here in NA. Now we are playing NCSoft's (the dev's) version of a f2p game and boy-howdy, does it contain one metric poop-ton of pay2win. Which was something we hadn't seen in the past.

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I don't agree that the introduction of luna hurt the ftp model. In fact, it make it better as you can reset instances with luna and you can earn luna entirely for free. 

To me this is a post from the view of someone who knows that there is no way we can change the development path in NA so you have accepted it as an improvement for the game.

If we could use the w/h as we could in the past, Players would have the ability to do 0-22 extra runs per day of w/e PvP instance is available on that day instead of spending 1 hour 30 extra minimum to earn extra runs 3. This is why from my point of view the i can do luna to get cash shop currency luna is a diseased band aid(yep not even a fresh band aid) fix for an issue they brought to the game in the first place through primitive development of a new patch for an established game. 

They took our ability away to have fun and replaced it with a time sink essentially. How is that not damage to the f2p model? 

What do you mean by "if we could use the w/h as we could in the past, Players would have the ability to do 0-22 extra runs per day of w./e PvP instance is available"? I might just be slow today, but that isn't clicking in my head. The w/h allowed us to transfer kinah and items between characters. How does that equate to allowing us to do 22 extra dredg runs on a certain day? And why 0 to 22 runs? And why PvP runs specifically? 

Again, to me free-to-play is entirely about access and not about gear progression. I agreed with you regarding gear progression. Though that is the same in all Aion regions, regardless of the f2p model.

22 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Right now Aion's best progression system for new/poor returning players f2p is to not play the game. How stupid is that as a game system. Do not actually participate in PvP instances try to avoid fights as much as possible. 

TL:DR It is not what they sell it is what they do not allow the smaller spender to do in game to progress that makes Aion suffer. 

You hit the nail on the head with some of this post. I came back when Vandal launched. Had not played since max level was 65. So basically starting over. Between all my characters I have about 1.5 billion and can't move it without losing a huge chunk which i will not do. Only game I have tried that doesn't have account trading, dumbest thing I have seen and a major factor for me. Whoever came up with that idea should be fired, citizenship removed and transported to a camp in Antarctica. I am the other type of gamer, the ones that spend some money, like after the first of year about 75-125 per month. I do play BDO and have had better luck with getting geared in that game and there is always something to do with all the life skills. One thing I will not pay for is enchanting items, not afraid to spend money but I will not throw it in a hole. Unless I am mistaken 16 pieces of gear, 6 stigmas and not sure how many Deava skills to enchant and with this range? No money spent towards that for me. I will say that in pvp instances quick enter I will try if the group goes and do my share best I can in mostly ancient gear. Time spent now is only couple hours a day and on to other game. Semi retired so time is not an issue lol. They lose the ones that will spend some money but not a ton and that is a business failure. 

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

What do you mean by "if we could use the w/h as we could in the past, Players would have the ability to do 0-22 extra runs per day of w./e PvP instance is available"? I might just be slow today, but that isn't clicking in my head. The w/h allowed us to transfer kinah and items between characters. How does that equate to allowing us to do 22 extra dredg runs on a certain day? And why 0 to 22 runs? And why PvP runs specifically? 

Again, to me free-to-play is entirely about access and not about gear progression. I agreed with you regarding gear progression. Though that is the same in all Aion regions, regardless of the f2p model.

It probably has more to do with how i was thinking about it than you being slow today.

I was looking at it as you get 11 alts and these alts could potentially run 22 PvP instances per day and since PvP instances reset more than 1ce per week that is why i choose them. This means every day if we still had the ability to put morph-able items and enchant stones in the w/h players would have the ability to run 22 PvP instances to progress that gear daily depending on the time invested. Compared to current luna where you only get an extra 3 runs per day the amount of progression content removed from the player base is on an astronomical level.

I guess it must have lots to do with KR going f2p because it makes no sense to regress peoples ability to play the game.

15 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

When I think of a free-to-play model, I consider only access. A good f2p model will allow characters equal access to all the game systems without having to pay. Consider SWtoR. You have to pay to wear the best armor. You have to pay to not display your helmet model. If you don't pay, you will run out of quests and not be able to progress in the game. That's one of the worst f2p models I have ever seen. 

What you are calling "equality" I think of as "progression" and that's really game design. I agree that in Aion, it is really tough for a brand-spanking-new player to get decked out in full tier 2 ult PvE and PvP if they aren't willing to spend some cash. It's not impossible, but it will take tons longer. This is true for EU Aion as well as NA Aion. So the f2p model isn't at fault here. It's just the game.

I think Aion going f2p in Korea has had the biggest impact on our game here in NA. Now we are playing NCSoft's (the dev's) version of a f2p game and boy-howdy, does it contain one metric poop-ton of pay2win. Which was something we hadn't seen in the past.

When you compare it with games like that, you're right that it's a lot better. I did try a few more other obscure games out there and I must say, Aion is not the only game with free content but Aion has a greedy and not well thought monetization scheme. Since this game is pay to win and not going back anytime soon, if I try to buy something useful for me with 15 bucks a month, there is nothing useful for me to buy. Everything is expensive, there are too many things to progress in, and finally, everything you buy it might greatly fail because it's RNG. Either  you spend a lot more or nothing at all and get left behind or quit the game. That is not happening in other games. Other games are encouraging me to spend because I like how they did things and the few bucks you spend are useful for me and supporting the game. This game is encouraging addiction and nothing else at this point. The shop makes no sense most of the times and there is so many stuff to buy and big quantities to actually accomplish something, with this amount of RNG. This game turned from an AAA quality game to some garbage pay to win junkyard game. The population speaks for itself, as it's worse that was once considered rubbish games.

Archived