Changes (Directed at you NCSoft/NCWest!!!!!)

OdinTheWise-DN

Let me just start off by saying I started playing about a year or so after the game came out, and in that time I have seen many updates, many fixes, many encouragements, many reprimands and most of all SO many changes. A fair amount of them were good, and for balancing the game. I came back maybe three days or so ago. I almost regret it. NCsoft, why did you ruin one of my favorite games? No trading? No storing things like hard earned kinah or gear (like plumes or gear for an alt) without paying out the ASS (Increased taxes? Greeeeeaaaaatttttt) because you have to use the broker to do so, not to mention if you're unlucky someone will take it from you for doing so. Ruined the old gear system so that anyone who came back from the most recent level cap (75) would have to almost start from scratch, even those like me who had +25 gear (i only had some pieces). Apparently that gear is next to useless, and the gear you gave us is almost as useless.

I caught the tail-end of your 'enchant-o-rama' event. You're telling me you're going to sell enchantment stones for $5 a piece huh? That's low, and I will also note that I was reasonably rich before I left for a break the last time (Like 3b roughly) and I come back to 20ish mill and a bunch of WORTHLESS ingots. Thanks NCSoft. You broke not only the trading system, but you also took all of my effort and trials and tribulations, bunched them up and put them into the incinerator and said 'Here, start over. Have fun!' like some sadistic douche. Charging extra to use the skins from Luna? It wasn't always so costly. Oh, and now it really has become a pay-to-win, the whole argument before was sort of silly, given the fact you really didn't buy much off the BCM that was super useful besides for kinah generating purpose, but now you're selling enchantment stones for gear and stigmas? How about you just start selling top tier pvp/pve gear instead, at this rate. 

I'm more than a little sad NCSoft. I'm disappointed, and what's more, angry. I wasn't top tier as a sorc but I'd say I was way up there in DPS. Now I'm as good in any situation as a mewling kitten, because of your new stupid gear system. Magic boost is now magic attack? Seems like a shitty ploy to get people to Grind! Grind! Grind! all over again. Unenchanted 'ancient' gear one level higher than my maxed out Harvester gear gave better stats, which is just pathetic. You're draining this game for all it's worth and it's a small wonder so many people left in droves. I'd implore you to see the error in many of your aforementioned mistakes, but I'm almost certain whomever is in charge of how Aion operates has their fingers in their ears and has gouged out their eyes with carrots under the assumption that carrots are good for ocular health, and they will continue buggering this whole game until it's absolutely dead.

P.S. This 'log in for six hours until you get twenty pieces of a transform' is utterly ridiculous. See above about how I would implore you to change it, but it won't happen. 

P.S.S BRING TRADING BACK, FFS!

More than likely former player,

OdinTheWise

You are late on your complaints. Those of us that played through the transition to the things you complain about have long since exhausted ourselves complaining about the same things. Korea doesn't want to change most of what you are complaining about. We know this because most of this continues in patches we don't have yet but have been put out in Korea. 

So.

This is Aion now. Accept that and then make your decision if any of this is a deal breaker for you. If it is, say goodbye. If not, stop struggling and adapt.

13 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

You are late on your complaints.

Note that I said I came back like... two or three days ago? Sure, late, but voicing them all the same. That is.. unfortunate. Eh, yeah I truly don't see myself playing longer than a week or so. Which coincidentally will be about just as much time necessary to get every one of my characters to max level and get bored. Not so much as adapting as it is starting over, though. 

It was starting over for all of us.

And yes. I saw that you said that you had just returned. If you had played through it like most of us, you would have seen us complain about the very same things. It's useless, though.

Aion went f2p in Korea and for the first time we are seeing what an NCSoft title that is free to play looks like. Before we played a Korea pay2play game adapted to be free2 play here in the West. So yes. A lot of things changed. There was a lot of starting over. There is a metric crap ton of pay2win.

It's barely the same game.

My message stays the same. Adapt or let go. As sad as that might make you. You will be happier that way.

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

It was starting over for all of us.

And yes. I saw that you said that you had just returned. If you had played through it like most of us, you would have seen us complain about the very same things. It's useless, though.

Aion went f2p in Korea and for the first time we are seeing what an NCSoft title that is free to play looks like. Before we played a Korea pay2play game adapted to be free2 play here in the West. So yes. A lot of things changed. There was a lot of starting over. There is a metric crap ton of pay2win.

It's barely the same game.

My message stays the same. Adapt or let go. As sad as that might make you. You will be happier that way.

I started to play AION at the beginning in 2009, I left GW for this game and I'm still playing it but as a solo player.

After "all" my legion friends left I am the only one left and at this moment I am levelling up all my alts that were created only as items keeper. I started some vandals both as asmos and elyos just because I still like this game.

It is hard not to be able to join groups for instance which I never tried, my characters are not geared and I do not have any + anything! I tried to go to dehama once but the mobs there are too strong for me. There are too many players that I think are so bored that they enjoy killing your characters in one shot over and over in a very annoying way especially if you are traying to complete a quest.  So now I play not often as I used to and all my many toons are all level 80 beside "one" and when my last one will reach that lvl. I will be leaving Aion. No idea what I will play instead yet but NCsoft has taken all fun from Aion to me. It will be hard but there is nothing left in this game for me.

Archived