About [Event] Legendary Contract - ¿Selection?

Sisifo-DN

@Cyan Can be change to Selection Legendary Contract? a lot of people are online  for 6 hrs every day(it doesn't matter if it's AFK), it would be very disappointing to be 120 hours in-game to get a useless transform that doesn't work on your main char:(. It would be very nice if they considered making this change and give us a Selection Legendary Contract and not just a Legendary Contract.

That way people who still have ancient transformation will be get finally the Legendary Transformation they really need. Please @Cyan talk with the NCsoft team and consider it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeap i worked (AFK :D) every day for this free legendary transformation and i've got magic one but I'm a gladiator! This is my first legendary transformation and it's useless for me!

I can't complain (much) because this event give gave me spirit fragments and legendary/ultimate stones but those contracts should be selectable or at least divided, random magical for casters and random physical for fighters! And as i see 90% of ppl (asmos or elyos) were lucky to get contract for their classes. I was far behind it terms of eq before this event now i'm even more behind others. Generally event is cool but transformation part is a disappointment - my awesome rng to blame i guess 

On 11/24/2019 at 11:23 AM, Aly-DN said:

100% sure they will not change this now.

Tbh, though, all you have to do is sit afk. So it's not like you actually worked for the legendary contract. Having it be random is more than fair.

Being on for that one event that gave you easy legendary is not really working for it since they were practically free.

1. 5 runs CoE every character every week
  2. 5 runs Mirash every character every week
  3. 5 runs FM every character
  4. BoS 5 characters every week
  5. Kinah contracts 8 characters every week(12 now)
  6. PF/IDD main character + 1 alt every week
  7. Luna spent on contracts(craftable not the 100% crafts)

All this and end up with 0 legendary contracts by the time 7.0 comes out. Working for contracts is a joke and no one worked for them they all got them through event injections.

Aion's biggest problem for new player retention is that waiting for events is the only viable option if they do not have 1000s to spend. Imagine making your playable game have worse features than Current Auto-play Mobile games out their on the market. Please note that i said new player not old player because old players are still here for nostalgic reasons mostly and they can still find enjoyment in the game.

Play a few mobile games and you will understand why this game has been going down hill since 5.x when games with Auto-Play features are very rewarding to new players while on top of this have constant progression even for non paying players. At least when the game was EBonline you were being rewarded for playing the game...not so much anymore. 

I agree that Aion is 100% not new-player-friendly. Unless a new player joins an active and social legion, they are unlikely to stay for very long once they reach max level. No matter what they do, they are going to be undergeared for a good long while. So unless they have people to carry them or people to laugh with while they get their bums spanked, they will just get frustrated and leave. And who could blame them?

15 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Being on for that one event that gave you easy legendary is not really working for it since they were practically free.

1. 5 runs CoE every character every week
  2. 5 runs Mirash every character every week
  3. 5 runs FM every character
  4. BoS 5 characters every week
  5. Kinah contracts 8 characters every week(12 now)
  6. PF/IDD main character + 1 alt every week
  7. Luna spent on contracts(craftable not the 100% crafts)

All this and end up with 0 legendary contracts by the time 7.0 comes out. Working for contracts is a joke and no one worked for them they all got them through event injections.

Aion's biggest problem for new player retention is that waiting for events is the only viable option if they do not have 1000s to spend. Imagine making your playable game have worse features than Current Auto-play Mobile games out their on the market. Please note that i said new player not old player because old players are still here for nostalgic reasons mostly and they can still find enjoyment in the game.

Play a few mobile games and you will understand why this game has been going down hill since 5.x when games with Auto-Play features are very rewarding to new players while on top of this have constant progression even for non paying players. At least when the game was EBonline you were being rewarded for playing the game...not so much anymore. 

and the funny thing is that when 6.2 came our publisher said they do not want events to be game changers... then they proceeded to nerf everything, making it harder for everyone to get anything and then they brought events that actually changed the game for those that were playing at that time (still through a retarded RNG filter, my friend OneManArmy has done twice the amount of effort on that event for legendaries and never got a kaisinel which I find retarded, he then proceeded to stop playing for a good amount of months because of that).

At any given point, limited time items either via events or BCM are game breakers. There should have been a safer way to eventually manage to get the one transform you need.

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

and the funny thing is that when 6.2 came our publisher said they do not want events to be game changers...

*snip*

That is completely true. We were told that they wanted people to have ways to get everything they needed in the normal course of the game instead of waiting for events and yet nothing changed. Events are still the best way to get geared.

45 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

and the funny thing is that when 6.2 came our publisher said they do not want events to be game changers... then they proceeded to nerf everything, making it harder for everyone to get anything and then they brought events that actually changed the game for those that were playing at that time (still through a retarded RNG filter, my friend OneManArmy has done twice the amount of effort on that event for legendaries and never got a kaisinel which I find retarded, he then proceeded to stop playing for a good amount of months because of that).

At any given point, limited time items either via events or BCM are game breakers. There should have been a safer way to eventually manage to get the one transform you need.

Yea totally, I was personally happy when i heard they wanted less events which in fact was one of the major reasons i came back to Aion when 6.0 launched. However as time went on i was like welp...Got bamboozled again.

I do not mind BCM giving players overwhelming advantages for a period of time so long as it can be enjoyable to catch up. This could just be my view who has never hit max gear aside from 4.X period that was the most off-peak hour friendly.

On 12/9/2019 at 5:50 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Yea totally, I was personally happy when i heard they wanted less events which in fact was one of the major reasons i came back to Aion when 6.0 launched. However as time went on i was like welp...Got bamboozled again.

I do not mind BCM giving players overwhelming advantages for a period of time so long as it can be enjoyable to catch up. This could just be my view who has never hit max gear aside from 4.X period that was the most off-peak hour friendly.

If events provided things we can already take the normal way just with a little bit more fun they would be welcome. Like enchants, berdin lucky stars, abyssal stars, amulets or skins. I remember in 5.8 my friends would return just to play a good even that was on and then go away again when events were off (or when events were not good enough)

But what they did is they made it impossible for people to get a legendary transformation and if they get one it is not for their class, and then one event gave everyone the amount of legendary transformations they needed and then they shut it down and never gave something similar again. Whoever didn't play that period is simply never going to enjoy the game as we do.

This specific event should be awarding one legendary transform of your choice for sure!

Archived