Forums

New player incoming!

Loomia-KT

Hi everyone! I'm about to join the Aion NA family and I'm very excited!

Now, I have a few questions for you, as I am coming from Aion europe and I just had enough of Gameforge but I am in love with the game and the merge happening here just now made up for a perfect timing to join.

First and foremost, which of the 2 new merged server is going to be the most populated? i know one will be made up from 2 and the other from 3 old servers but it may not be that straightforward of an assumption. Pretty Please detail as much as you can based on your knowledge of any of the old servers activity.

Second, as a casual shopper but mostly free to play, will I be able to play the game on par with the subscribers? Back in Europe without a gold pack which is their subscription model, I have basically access to a cut down version of the game, no broker, less instances entries  etc.

Third, what is the average broker price for all powerful enchantment stones and holy upgrade serums? I know this varies from server to server so feel free to submit your local prices for comparison.

Fourth, is there a weekly kinah sale limit to NPCs? We have it in Europe and it is about 113m kinah.

Fifth, will any of the upcoming merged server use european time zones for sieges/arenas/battlefields?

Well I can't think of anything else at the moment but I'll be surely coming up with something more for you fellas. 

Many thanks for taking the time to read and reply. Cheeeers! <3

Welcome!

32 minutes ago, Rosliromanticona-IS said:

First and foremost, which of the 2 new merged server is going to be the most populated? i know one will be made up from 2 and the other from 3 old servers but it may not be that straightforward of an assumption. Pretty Please detail as much as you can based on your knowledge of any of the old servers activity.

1) This is a difficult guess actually. It will be Siel and Beritra, and Israphel, Kahrun and Tiamat. Siel has always been the most populated one, but Beritra is almost negligible (sorry, you Beritrans :P). Then you have Israphel and Tiamat, which have always kept the mid-tier population, and the Kahrun, which would be similar to Beritra's case.

37 minutes ago, Rosliromanticona-IS said:

Second, as a casual shopper but mostly free to play, will I be able to play the game on par with the subscribers? Back in Europe without a gold pack which is their subscription model, I have basically access to a cut down version of the game, no broker, less instances entries  etc.

Unlike other regions, our model is full free to play. There are no limitations whatsoever. You do get more stuff if you pay, such as Prestige Pack or Instance entry Boost Packs (the later being tradeable in-game), but you wont have limitations.

38 minutes ago, Rosliromanticona-IS said:

Third, what is the average broker price for all powerful enchantment stones and holy upgrade serums? I know this varies from server to server so feel free to submit your local prices for comparison.

Just as a FYI, APES = Omegas, and Holy Upgrade Serums = Tempering Solutions. As for prices, it is difficult to tell, because recent events have been pouring them on us. :P At least for me.

42 minutes ago, Rosliromanticona-IS said:

Fourth, is there a weekly kinah sale limit to NPCs? We have it in Europe and it is about 113m kinah.

We have it here as well. Its the same amount as there.

42 minutes ago, Rosliromanticona-IS said:

Fifth, will any of the upcoming merged server use european time zones for sieges/arenas/battlefields?

No, all servers will have the same time for stuff. And it is greatly favoured towards NA timezones.

21 minutes ago, Rosliromanticona-IS said:

Hi everyone! I'm about to join the Aion NA family and I'm very excited!

Now, I have a few questions for you, as I am coming from Aion europe and I just had enough of Gameforge but I am in love with the game and the merge happening here just now made up for a perfect timing to join.

Hello! Welcome to NA :>  A pleasure to welcome you here~

First, allow me to mention that while technically we are NA, there is plenty of EU and Aussie players, so while the server will be moderately quiet during your normal prime-time of play, you won't be entirely alone. I will make it clear, however, that said EU/Aussie players adjust their schedules where able to take part in the things NA has scheduled.

I personally believe Katalam (Siel, Beritra) and Danaria (Israphel, Tiamat, Kahrun) will both be relatively equal in activity once the merge is said and done, and everyone settles down. Reason I say that is because Siel is considered the most active server, followed by Israphel. While Siel is active, Beritra (one the most inactive servers) is being merged into it, so while Katalam will see some fresh faces, it'll be more of the same rivalries.

Danaria will have three servers going into one, with Israphel being the most active, Tiamat moderate, and Kahrun is relatively quiet for the most part. I won't speak on behalf of the other servers, so hopefully a player from one of them can enlighten both of us. :>

So while I understand you reason for wanting to know server activity, I think we'll find them both to be close to, if not equal, in population and activity.

Yes, quite honestly you don't need to spend a dime to have the same opportunity as a paid subscriber here. The extent of our Sub system gives is 1 bonus instance entry on top of the max (5 runs normally, so you'd get 6), run speed boost (5%), XP boost, among other things. Nothing game changing. If you'd like to read up more about it, feel free to check out the details here: http://store.aiononline.com/store/detail?goodsNo=9330000&categoryPath=1_98

That said, you will encounter many people with differentiating opinions about Aion being P2W. Some will say it is, others will say it isn't. Still others will remark that it is P2L (Pay to Level, haha), but the major difference is this: Our version of P2W is gearing you up faster at the convenience of speed, but everything is essentially available to everyone in game. It will take you longer to earn the kinah and purchase your 75Abyss gear, but you still have equal opportunity like everyone else in getting it.

By the way, you can have as many alts and accounts as you want here, so go ahead and make an Alt-Army to rake in the kinah during Events.

Our enchantment stones, Apes, are called Omega here; Holy Upgrade Serums are called Tempering Solution.

On Siel, Omega's run for 80mil each. Tempering Solutions are 75mil. Extremely low thanks to NCWest launching the Kromede event where both these items rained from the sky.

There is a kinah limit, but I'm not sure what it is. :c

I don't think it's that low? Hopefully someone can answer you on this one.

No, they'll all be on NA timers. However on the weekend arenas are open all day, and there is an early Iron Wall Warfront (Steel Wall Bastion Battlefront) on our Sunday (your Monday, I believe).

Please use this player-made schedule to guide you in what's coming up for us, and how everything is laid out. This is an active schedule, and constantly updates to current time:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-3RtflVNnMO-SM7RJw8dLq1e8HUhuUuieDL-RSEAUdY/edit#gid=718050352

Aside from that, my only other recommendation for you is to play Asmo! :"D

Oh thank you for being so quick to answer me! Much appreciated.

I'm so looking forward to start here! In the meantime few more questions :P

Bryos it looks like you know your stuff so could you please confirm is the kinah sale limit character bound or account bound? I mean can I make weekly sales for 113m  on every char or they happen to share that limit?

Forthyn You've recommended to play Asmodian. Now, is that because you want to spend time with me ( xD) or more likely are elyos dominant on every server? I was going to roll Elyos but the answer here could make me shift sides for once :P

Again, cheers guys you're very sweet.

17 minutes ago, Rosliromanticona-IS said:

Forthyn You've recommended to play Asmodian. Now, is that because you want to spend time with me ( xD) or more likely are elyos dominant on every server? I was going to roll Elyos but the answer here could make me shift sides for once :P

From what I'm aware, the only server that Elyos look like they'll be dominant on is Danaria. That's my bold assumption based on current events, but Asmo could wake up and both servers be pretty back-and-forth. A lot can change in a month.

From my personal experience Elyos (on Siel, soon to be Katalam) tend to be a little unkind when it comes to things not working out as they believe they should, and quick to resort to bickering. I'm not saying Asmo aren't the same way, but it seems in more mild doses where it's "yea.. that happened..." and then they move on. So I'm less thinking along the lines of recruiting to the Asmo side, and more on enjoyable playing experience.

Aside from that, if you want to see Asherion armor (Antriska?, the one after Pangea), roll Asmo.

However, if you love the Elyos faction and would like to remain Elyos, by all means, choose them and play the game how you would like it played.  Naturally I'm simply partial to Asmodians. x)

Why not play both? ;D

26 minutes ago, Rosliromanticona-IS said:

Bryos it looks like you know your stuff so could you please confirm is the kinah sale limit character bound or account bound? I mean can I make weekly sales for 113m  on every char or they happen to share that limit?

Account-wide.

Edit:

And some additional information, the limit varies depending on the level of the player. 113m should be for characters of level 61-75. Lower level players have a lower level. The limit is still global though.

Thanks for clearing my mind up a little bit now. I'll share this thread with my fellow legionnaries down in EU and possibly I ' ll try to get as many as I can on the NA train.

You've got to believe me, the current state of things with the EU publisher has come to a point where no more can be said or done from the players side but quitting the game for good. 

My only concern with playing on the NA was the high latency and yes my ping is on the 120 ish average,  but that said the superior overall responsiveness of the NA client conpared to the EU one, makes up for it and I end up experiencing smoother gameplay in here.

Please if anybody feels more can be said regarding my questions and why someone should quit EU to join in here, then feel free to increase your post count! xD

Cheers

Just another "my server has X price" input:

Currently, on IS-A, omegas go for around 100m and temperings for around 90m -- this is BEFORE/AFTER the current events. Naturally, they are a bit cheaper right now due to being common event drops.

As of right now, Israphel Elyos definitely outnumber Asmos. However, maybe that will change in a couple days when we get new Tiamat and Kahrun family members. :)

Archived