Weekly Server Maintenance - December 11, 2019

Cyan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Lapis-DN said:

wow. NCsoft is seriously limiting free Daily Snowballs to prestige pack holders only?
WTF? this event never used to be this way errrrrrrrrr
disapointed but not surprised

Well it is +6 snowballs per day per account so it is not THAT big of a difference.

14 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

And what are we supposed to do with thorns we can't craft ? Link them in chat to troll ?
What in the nyerk...

Also I'm going to assume the 1k Fragment of Fighting Spirit is a typo and you meant to say 100...

I actually got 3 prisms today (I had like 670 snowflake crystals from last year, which turned into 67 snowballs) and one of them gave me 1.000 spirit fragments. And it seems it worth so much because to extract items for fragments it costs about 2m per fragment, so that was a good 2 billion worth of reward.

Too bad I am already full in gear and I won't be needing them as much as I did before.

Judging by the rewards you can get with a prism, I assume it will cost about 300m or more to sell one. Every reward from +10 snowball is very good.

CweWBNr.jpg

Hi @Cyan a friends and i we transfer to Danaria on December 4, but from the transfer we can´t access Lugbug´s Mission menu, the icon does not appear on the screen and in the general menu by clicking on the option Lugbug´s Mission, appears the legend: "No open quests.".

Help us please we have two weeks with that problem.

On 11/12/2019 at 0:03 AM, Chibi-DN said:

So would u rather have x6 snowballs with rubbish rewards or x2 snowballs at a chance for literally 99% good rewards we can actually use?

tbh only the 6.0 edition of the snow ball event was crappy

every other gave nice rewards

Are we just going to ignore the fact that there was an announcement at the very last day that tuca thorns won't be an option to craft despite having the resources to do so when the snowball event began, and that those that hoarded countless tucas got fked hard? If this was the intent in the first place, why the fuk would there be a 22h cooldown to craft @Cyan the craft option for tuca torns was a bug before the event ended, but why the fuk would you not warn us sooner that the torns would NOT be an option to craft after the event ended, that was insanely misleading and now those that have a few of more tuca thorns that dedicated their time and effort to compete for even the chance for 1 tuca just got analed by this late announcement. Make the tucas craftable for atleast another week but take that dogsht nyerking 22h cooldown off this sht... 

26 minutes ago, RuIer-KT said:

Are we just going to ignore the fact that there was an announcement at the very last day that tuca thorns won't be an option to craft despite having the resources to do so when the snowball event began, and that those that hoarded countless tucas got fked hard? If this was the intent in the first place, why the fuk would there be a 22h cooldown to craft @Cyan the craft option for tuca torns was a bug before the event ended, but why the fuk would you not warn us sooner that the torns would NOT be an option to craft after the event ended, that was insanely misleading and now those that have a few of more tuca thorns that dedicated their time and effort to compete for even the chance for 1 tuca just got analed by this late announcement. Make the tucas craftable for atleast another week but take that dogsht nyerking 22h cooldown off this sht... 

I think the point of the event, in the minds of the devs, was that players would grab enough horns to do their daily craft and then leave.. allowing others to grab their horns and so on. But the devs, once again, show that they don't understand human nature.. or at least human nature in the West. I think anyone could have told them that players here would run out and grab every single freaking horn they could.. cooldown be damned. Why? Because they could. 

Imagine if this event had gone as the devs obviously thought it would. Easily double the number of crafts each day would have been done. Meaning that double the amounts of procs would have happened and so double the amount of people would have completed their sets and been able to place the extras on the broker for those who either weren't lucky with their procs or who weren't geared enough to grab mobs from others to buy. 

Instead we have people, like yourself, bitter that they hoarded all these horns that are now pretty much useless. Hopefully at least you were able to craft your set, because the chance that you will be able to buy what you need is pretty close to zero.

I think he's (and many others) are upset about how the information regarding the Tuca Thorns was handled and distributed.  The recipes have been around since the 7.0 release in August and unusable for a solid 4 months, and then they were removed with a day's notice. Also, there was no official information regarding the recipe removal, it was only casually mentioned as a response to someone's answer. If that person did not ask that question or if Cyan did not answer it, we would wake up on day after maintenance to know we would be screwed over. 

This isn't about hoarding the thorns either. People were well aware that there was a 22 hour crafting cooldown and therefore they would have probably made plans when and what to craft, with the assumption that could still use and be unable obtain the items. But as of now, all Tuca Thorns are 100% useless. They all actively participated in an event to obtain better gear for their class, and this gear can only be used for this year unless the event recipes are adjusted for 7.x and/or 8.0 in the following years.

"Well, why didn't you craft them earlier then?" Because we weren't given the appropriate information and some people were saving them to see if they could get better luck or even craft the weapon over the accessories. On average, a person in a group obtained 0-2 Thorns per day. And it's sort of ridiculous to expect someone to use up their materials/items as soon as they get them. There are some days, that people just have bad RNG and prefer to wait until the next day or two.

Furthermore, it was not officially mentioned anywhere nor on the front page of the event, that ALL of the recipes share the crafting cooldown. I and many others assumed that each recipe had it's own crafting cooldown, however it was found out on the last few days that the weapon box, earring box, belt box, ring box, necklace box all had the same crafting cooldown. The 22 hour cooldown is mentioned on the front page, but it never does specify that it is a shared cooldown. And so far, no one in the forums had mentioned a shared crafting cooldown. There was no way to determine that there was a shared cooldown unless you tried crafting multiple Tuca Thorn recipes in the same day. 

"Well, don't hoard it then" Some people did not hoard it, they made the proper calculations to craft it along with the 22 hour cooldown assuming the recipes would remain, and the recipes did not share the crafting cooldown. I had not anticipated a shared crafting cooldown and neither have my legionmates nor friends. Therefore after crafting my own weapon, I have 4 leftover. This is non-usable crafting material for potentially 2 usable crafting gear. It might not make a big difference for end-game people or wealthy people, but each ultimate piece obtained for players progressing the game, does matter.

Nevertheless, this doesn't change the fact that many players who actively participated in the Non-AFKing portion of the event got screwed over with regards to their event gear crafting because the appropriate information wasn't given to us in a timely manner. A 10 hour notice stating that recipes would be removed and items would become 100% useless, isn't appropriate. 

In all honestly, it would make several players extremely happy if the recipes were reinstated, even for a day or two. I have attempted to talk to Support about this, but they have said cannot do anything and it is completely up to the Devs. @Cyan

On 12/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, Aly-DN said:

I think the point of the event, in the minds of the devs, was that players would grab enough horns to do their daily craft and then leave.. allowing others to grab their horns and so on. But the devs, once again, show that they don't understand human nature.. or at least human nature in the West. I think anyone could have told them that players here would run out and grab every single freaking horn they could.. cooldown be damned. Why? Because they could. 

Imagine if this event had gone as the devs obviously thought it would. Easily double the number of crafts each day would have been done. Meaning that double the amounts of procs would have happened and so double the amount of people would have completed their sets and been able to place the extras on the broker for those who either weren't lucky with their procs or who weren't geared enough to grab mobs from others to buy. 

Instead we have people, like yourself, bitter that they hoarded all these horns that are now pretty much useless. Hopefully at least you were able to craft your set, because the chance that you will be able to buy what you need is pretty close to zero.

Elitist ruining your game? Shocking.....

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

Where did I say anything about elitists or my game being ruined?

It's alright though. I get that reading can be so frustrating sometimes. *patpat*

69GCeS.gif

On 12/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, Aly-DN said:

Just because it doesn't go your way, you feel good telling people who "hoarded" these items they deserve what they get, just because you didn't participate? What faction do you play on? 

Just now, Ele-DN said:

Just because it doesn't go your way, you feel good telling people who "hoarded" these items they deserve what they get, just because you didn't participate? What faction do you play on? 

You can't just read the first and last sentences, Ele, and think you understand what someone is trying to say. It doesn't work that way. You have to read all those pesky in between bits for things to make sense.

Just from the way the event was set up, it's pretty easy to see what the devs wanted to see happen. Because of human nature, it didn't go as they planned it to. Instead of everyone taking what they needed for the day and then leaving so others could do the same, people took as many as they could even if they couldn't use them. Now that the event is over, they are left with useless items. So instead of being happy, people are bitter. So I hoped that the bitter poster managed to get what they needed before the designs were deleted, because buying them now is pretty impossible.

Did you read it all this time? Can you swim past your angry angry angry, stop projecting and admit that I wasn't saying anything unkind or nasty and that I was 100% not talking to or about you or me? 

Nowhere did I mention my own experience. Nowhere did I call anyone an elitist. And trust me on this one, my game isn't effected by what anyone else does. In game, I do my own thing the way I want to and am happy as can be. And if some days I am not, then I play something else.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

You can't just read the first and last sentences, Ele, and think you understand what someone is trying to say. It doesn't work that way. You have to read all those pesky in between bits for things to make sense.

Just from the way the event was set up, it's pretty easy to see what the devs wanted to see happen. Because of human nature, it didn't go as they planned it to. Instead of everyone taking what they needed for the day and then leaving so others could do the same, people took as many as they could even if they couldn't use them. Now that the event is over, they are left with useless items. So instead of being happy, people are bitter. So I hoped that the bitter poster managed to get what they needed before the designs were deleted, because buying them now is pretty impossible.

Did you read it all this time? Can you swim past your angry angry angry, stop projecting and admit that I wasn't saying anything unkind or nasty and that I was 100% not talking to or about you or me? 

Nowhere did I mention my own experience. Nowhere did I call anyone an elitist. And trust me on this one, my game isn't effected by what anyone else does. In game, I do my own thing the way I want to and am happy as can be. And if some days I am not, then I play something else.

How exactly was the event suppose to go? Or is that how all open world event eventually turned out that way.

Remember the event where you can farm unlimited flowers? Killing shugo boss that spawn in the middle of the map? Even the recent one, where bosses spawn everyday during siege.. who actually did them? Who did them before the event? Who got 99% of the Anomos kill during 6.0? Most open world content is a waste of time for most players because of server balance and competition.

At the end tho, all event times, if they were to be removed at the end, to be stated in the post saying if they remain or removed at the end of the event. Remember the first event where coins were said to be removed? there was like 5 people who questioned it. 

On 12/2/2019 at 8:12 PM, Aly-DN said:

You got one more horn than I got! (Mostly because I haven't bothered trying.)

No. This part of the event was not made for casual players and it wasn't meant for players hoping to get a little gear. It was meant for players that already have gear to get more gear.

Because that makes sense.

Or did you? I pretty much expected how world bosses and these "solo" mobs went as soon as it first spawned.

This is what happens when you make a global offensive pve event with limited content and timed recipes. The majority of people didn't bother or couldn't get tucas, and those that hoarded them couldn't use them. And on top of this you still had the RNGeezus of whether it will be the proc version or the bad one.

My soldusk weapon took me 2,5 billion to craft, and I had managed to make me 7 non proc ultimates before the 8th proc'ed. It is not that we cannot get the materials to craft the normal way, it is it neve procs. So this is why I never bothered with tucas, I would waste my time to get more non proc items.

I feel no empathy for those that hoarded tucas and couldn't use them. There were people that couldn't even get tucas to begin with.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

This is what happens when you make a global offensive pve event with limited content and timed recipes. The majority of people didn't bother or couldn't get tucas, and those that hoarded them couldn't use them. And on top of this you still had the RNGeezus of whether it will be the proc version or the bad one.

My soldusk weapon took me 2,5 billion to craft, and I had managed to make me 7 non proc ultimates before the 8th proc'ed. It is not that we cannot get the materials to craft the normal way, it is it neve procs. So this is why I never bothered with tucas, I would waste my time to get more non proc items.

I feel no empathy for those that hoarded tucas and couldn't use them. There were people that couldn't even get tucas to begin with.

Salty? Is that how you got your 2 kaisinels? though an event where only a certain amount could participate in and you had to come on forums and brag about it?

How did you spend 2.5b on mats on a weap where mats are faction locked?

Then again.. lets keep putting down suggestions that allows everyone to participate.

11 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

How exactly was the event suppose to go? Or is that how all open world event eventually turned out that way.

Remember the event where you can farm unlimited flowers? Killing shugo boss that spawn in the middle of the map? Even the recent one, where bosses spawn everyday during siege.. who actually did them? Who did them before the event? Who got 99% of the Anomos kill during 6.0? Most open world content is a waste of time for most players because of server balance and competition.

At the end tho, all event times, if they were to be removed at the end, to be stated in the post saying if they remain or removed at the end of the event. Remember the first event where coins were said to be removed? there was like 5 people who questioned it. 

Or did you? I pretty much expected how world bosses and these "solo" mobs went as soon as it first spawned.

Oh! I see your malfunction now! 

First.. slowly. I am not salty at all about this event and you're right, I chose not to participate. My choice. I went out the first day, looked at the chaos and thought, "This is going to be a cluster." I chose to do something else with my time. Can't fault anyone else for my own choice. Doesn't bother me one bit that people hoarded the horns.. Elyos or Asmo.

Second.. slower still. Calling someone "geared" isn't calling them "elitist". There are plenty of geared up the bum people who are super nice and not the least bit elitist. And there are people without gear or talent who are completely elitist. *cough*

But those really aren't your issue, are they, Ele. Your issue is that you feel Asmos dominate and thus shut you out. Here's some advice..

giphy.gif

I have played this game for over 10 years. I have been on both the dominated and the dominate side. Neither is fun. If you are going to continue to play Aion, you need to find your fun in your own game and stop worrying about what the faction on the whole can accomplish or on what the other faction is doing. Thank goodness for the current state of the siege buff which evens things out at least at siege time and no faction can be truly dominated like they were in the past. Everything past that is about you and your own game. So quit looking beyond that and wailing and gnashing your teeth. It's just going to give you a headache and push you to post salty af things on the forums. Been there.. done that.. and have the t-shirt.

1 hour ago, Ele-DN said:

Salty? Is that how you got your 2 kaisinels? though an event where only a certain amount could participate in and you had to come on forums and brag about it?

How did you spend 2.5b on mats on a weap where mats are faction locked?

Then again.. lets keep putting down suggestions that allows everyone to participate.

Seriously. Get off this guys junk. Having two Kaisinels is incredibly lucky and something to brag about. Good for him. You say "only a certain amount could participate". That's bunk. Anyone willing to spend money could participate. There was no limit.

And here again you show your salt. Mats are not faction locked. Bosses are not faction locked. PvP isn't faction locked. 

Your posts all look like..

BBv.gif

.. and it's not attractive.

5 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

First.. slowly. I am not salty at all about this event and you're right, I chose not to participate. My choice. I went out the first day, looked at the chaos and thought, "This is going to be a cluster." I chose to do something else with my time. Can't fault anyone else for my own choice. Doesn't bother me one bit that people hoarded the horns.. Elyos or Asmo.

Second.. slower still. Calling someone "geared" isn't calling them "elitist". There are plenty of geared up the bum people who are super nice and not the least bit elitist. And there are people without gear or talent who are completely elitist. *cough*

But those really aren't your issue, are they, Ele. Your issue is that you feel Asmos dominate and thus shut you out. Here's some advice..

giphy.gif

I have played this game for over 10 years. I have been on both the dominated and the dominate side. Neither is fun. If you are going to continue to play Aion, you need to find your fun in your own game and stop worrying about what the faction on the whole can accomplish or on what the other faction is doing. Thank goodness for the current state of the siege buff which evens things out at least at siege time and no faction can be truly dominated like they were in the past. Everything past that is about you and your own game. So quit looking beyond that and wailing and gnashing your teeth. It's just going to give you a headache and push you to post salty af things on the forums. Been there.. done that.. and have the t-shirt.

Seriously. Get off this guys junk. Having two Kaisinels is incredibly lucky and something to brag about. Good for him. You say "only a certain amount could participate". That's bunk. Anyone willing to spend money could participate. There was no limit.

And here again you show your salt. Mats are not faction locked. Bosses are not faction locked. PvP isn't faction locked. 

BBv.gif

You have an opinion on this because you couldn't participate, different from choosing not to. What happened to running around duo 100% of the time ow? nothing stopping you from doing that and killing people soloing the mobs.

A siege buff huh? 

Waht uses is it if you can't get near it? What uses is it if it doesn't help take world bosses from  a dominating faction taking 99% of the world bosses when they're relevant?

You must not remember when he came to brag about it then... hint.. ow event gathering flowers where you trade in for ancient contract > legend. literally free.. i mean wheres yours being carried by 100% p2w faction?

Lets not forget who had kibriums @10k ea in the broker.....

29 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

giphy.gif

BBv.gif

"Mats are not faction locked. Bosses are not faction locked. PvP isn't faction locked" well.... i disagree with this. usually massive stuff is faction locked, like world bosses or events that need participation of the entire faction :P but anyways life is unfair and ncsoft video games too

20 hours ago, Nimiety-KT said:

I think he's (and many others) are upset about how the information regarding the Tuca Thorns was handled and distributed.  The recipes have been around since the 7.0 release in August and unusable for a solid 4 months, and then they were removed with a day's notice. Also, there was no official information regarding the recipe removal, it was only casually mentioned as a response to someone's answer. If that person did not ask that question or if Cyan did not answer it, we would wake up on day after maintenance to know we would be screwed over. 

This isn't about hoarding the thorns either. People were well aware that there was a 22 hour crafting cooldown and therefore they would have probably made plans when and what to craft, with the assumption that could still use and be unable obtain the items. But as of now, all Tuca Thorns are 100% useless. They all actively participated in an event to obtain better gear for their class, and this gear can only be used for this year unless the event recipes are adjusted for 7.x and/or 8.0 in the following years.

"Well, why didn't you craft them earlier then?" Because we weren't given the appropriate information and some people were saving them to see if they could get better luck or even craft the weapon over the accessories. On average, a person in a group obtained 0-2 Thorns per day. And it's sort of ridiculous to expect someone to use up their materials/items as soon as they get them. There are some days, that people just have bad RNG and prefer to wait until the next day or two.

Furthermore, it was not officially mentioned anywhere nor on the front page of the event, that ALL of the recipes share the crafting cooldown. I and many others assumed that each recipe had it's own crafting cooldown, however it was found out on the last few days that the weapon box, earring box, belt box, ring box, necklace box all had the same crafting cooldown. The 22 hour cooldown is mentioned on the front page, but it never does specify that it is a shared cooldown. And so far, no one in the forums had mentioned a shared crafting cooldown. There was no way to determine that there was a shared cooldown unless you tried crafting multiple Tuca Thorn recipes in the same day. 

"Well, don't hoard it then" Some people did not hoard it, they made the proper calculations to craft it along with the 22 hour cooldown assuming the recipes would remain, and the recipes did not share the crafting cooldown. I had not anticipated a shared crafting cooldown and neither have my legionmates nor friends. Therefore after crafting my own weapon, I have 4 leftover. This is non-usable crafting material for potentially 2 usable crafting gear. It might not make a big difference for end-game people or wealthy people, but each ultimate piece obtained for players progressing the game, does matter.

Nevertheless, this doesn't change the fact that many players who actively participated in the Non-AFKing portion of the event got screwed over with regards to their event gear crafting because the appropriate information wasn't given to us in a timely manner. A 10 hour notice stating that recipes would be removed and items would become 100% useless, isn't appropriate. 

In all honestly, it would make several players extremely happy if the recipes were reinstated, even for a day or two. I have attempted to talk to Support about this, but they have said cannot do anything and it is completely up to the Devs. @Cyan

Yes I agree, @Cyan Please re-install the craft option for the tuca torn event and have it extended for another week with 0(ZERO) ZERRRRRROOOOOO  cooldown, that way the people that did not afk in this dogsht ass fukin event and actually worked their ass off vs. LITERALLY ALL 3 GREAT ARMY GENERAL ASMOS and occasionally stepping over/helping other elyos to finish my last piece/ helping them with their last piece can get their the CHANCE to their much deserved earnings. And NO I did not hoard the tuca thorns, I got around 70 tuca thorns and crafted alot of weapon box and just kept failing over and over.... and over... so ye I just got like 20 left over. Dogsht rating and dogsht event, @Cyan be fair to the people that help pay yiur fkin bills and extend this sht

17 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

You have an opinion on this because you couldn't participate, different from choosing not to. What happened to running around duo 100% of the time ow? nothing stopping you from doing that and killing people soloing the mobs.

A siege buff huh? 

Waht uses is it if you can't get near it? What uses is it if it doesn't help take world bosses from  a dominating faction taking 99% of the world bosses when they're relevant?

You must not remember when he came to brag about it then... hint.. ow event gathering flowers where you trade in for ancient contract > legend. literally free.. i mean wheres yours being carried by 100% p2w faction?

Lets not forget who had kibriums @10k ea in the broker.....

I could participate. I chose not to. And yeah. I play with my templar. We are a duo. You will rarely see one without the other. Because, you know, I have friends and they are the reason I play games. lol. Ofc we could have taken horns. It would have involved ksing others and that's not something we are interested in. It would involve using our xform for this rather than holding it for sieges which is something else we are not interested in. We actually started in on a mob that first day and a legionmate started hitting it, too. So we left that mob for him and hunted around for another that wasn't being hit and couldn't find one. So we asked ourselves.. how much do we want those crafted items? Personally the answer was easy.. not enough to deal with the event. No salt here.

The thread you post is from you, which says a lot about it. But let's go over what was happening that made you weep big salty tears. You chose to go try for a boss instead of sieging. So when you got to the fort to try and get credit, the zone in areas were camped and you couldn't get close enough to get any kills in the credit zone. Correct? You -chose- to go for bosses rather than go for siege. Don't cry when your own choices don't work out the way you would like. Rethink your priorities. Trying to care about -everything- will just make your nose snotty from all the crying.

Why are you so hung up on what others have, Ele? Seriously. Relax and play your game. That's why it doesn't bother me when someone has better gear than I do. Or a better transform. Or more cash to spend. Pretty much the only thing that really irks me about Aion right now is that I can't get the Wonder Girl Dances. *shakesfist* My gear is coming along. I have set attainable goals for myself. I am happy with my progress and just enjoy spending times with my friends. What other people in either faction do and don't have doesn't factor into my own personal game. Apparently you can't say the same thing. 

16 minutes ago, Zombiex-DN said:

"Mats are not faction locked. Bosses are not faction locked. PvP isn't faction locked" well.... i disagree with this. usually massive stuff is faction locked, like world bosses or events that need participation of the entire faction :P but anyways life is unfair and ncsoft video games too

And I am not sure that you are right here, though I would take your word over Ele's as your nose isn't all snotty from crying. I think about you and how hard you are to kill. And I can think of many Elyos that are the same. Are you all banding together to go for these bosses? I will admit that I did a few bosses and just meh.. stopped going. It isn't my idea of fun to heal in an alliance where I don't know most of the people and have a sinking suspicion that many of them are wearing quest gear.. and thus will die instantly to even the slightest love tap from the boss. (and then cry that they didn't get heals) Asmodians aren't always working together and actually often are working against one another. Are the Elyos the same? If you could unite, you could take anything you wanted. Though ofc uniting a faction is easier said than done. (Another been there, done that, got the tshirt and will never do again.)

You're right that things aren't always fair and Aion has more than it's fair share of "not fairs". I was a Kaisinel Elyos. I was an Israphel Asmo. I have actually been 100% locked out of content. The game has come a long way and what you consider a hard lock, I see as more of a soft lock and something you could probably get around if you were willing to put in the effort. (Not putting you down at all here. I would 100% -not- put in the effort any more and can't blame you or anyone else for not wanting to.)

Archived