Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - December 18, 2019

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, December 18, 2019 from 6:00 a.m. CST / 13:00 CET. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 1 hour.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • The Frozen Magic event will continue for three more weeks.
  • Character transfer queues have been disabled and will be returning in the future.
  • Doughbot from the Anniversary events will return to the Capital Cities until January 1.
  • Bonus 100% drop rate and 200% exp will be active until January 1.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

kddwraq5xo441.jpg ebabp3jjqm441.jpg gvneox3vd1441.jpg

On 12/3/2019 at 9:01 PM, Sisifo-DN said:

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and what happen to "Cyan: Retune Buff will be put soon?"

On 12/3/2019 at 9:05 PM, Cyan said:

This is coming on the 18th. 

tenor.gif

On 12/16/2019 at 0:52 PM, Capa-KT said:

@Cyan Friendly reminder because promises here have a tendency to disappear.

it's not like nobody said nothing 36hrs in advance yanno

Doughbot IS HOW YOU WILL GET RETUNE BUFF GUYS!!!! HE GIVES A BUFF FOR 1 KINAH RETUNE LOOK AT 10TH ANNIVERSARY NEWSLETTER !!!!

i have a question? uuuh when will we get back the transformation contract event?, i could only be here for the event long enough to get 1 set from the peices becuase of 6hr loggin time and my new job!!!, i only got a mastarius and my main toon is a gunner my mother is 1 peice away from her first purple transformation she missed the event by 1 day!!!! ;( we were told it may come back again any word on this cyan?

1 hour ago, Brutallus-DN said:

unknown.pngCyan its not 100% drop..

This has been a common source of confusion for the past several years. The way it's worded in the maintenance posts is confusing because we already have a basic EXP and drop rate percentage. So the buffs are doubling up what we already have in place to equal what is posted in the maintenance wording.

100% regular EXP + 100% event EXP = 200% total EXP

50% regular drop + 50% event drop = 100% total drop

At least, that's the way I remember Cyan explaining it in the past. If anyone remembers differently, feel free to correct me! :)

Here's one semi-relevant post where he kind of explained:

xwcne5u.jpg

12 minutes ago, Brutallus-DN said:

The "bonus" part confuses me tho, I'm understanding a additional 100% and 200% exp because it says bonus, otherwise it'd say total, no?

You're right. It is stated funny and is pretty much every time we have it. But as Vantheria pointed out, it is what was meant and what we always see when we get double xp and drops.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

This has been a common source of confusion for the past several years. The way it's worded in the maintenance posts is confusing because we already have a basic EXP and drop rate percentage. So the buffs are doubling up what we already have in place to equal what is posted in the maintenance wording.

At least, that's the way I remember Cyan explaining it in the past. If anyone remembers differently, feel free to correct me! :)

xwcne5u.jpg

It dont make sense. Why we have only 50% of drop rate. If its a base rate its 100%

Its like an event to get a normal drop rate. 

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

OK this kinda make sense in a weird way but why do we have 50% drops as base? If we have our base drops that is 100% base, it is the whole we have and additionally +50% that would have been a 150% drop rate or something.

What I mean is that we call "base" what we have as normal one and that is the 100% of what we have, effectively now we have 2x XP and 1,5x drop rate with this passive buff.

2 hours ago, OneeChanDesu-KT said:

It dont make sense. Why we have only 50% of drop rate. If its a base rate its 100%

Its like an event to get a normal drop rate. 

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

OK this kinda make sense in a weird way but why do we have 50% drops as base?

Oh, I have no idea. I also think it's really dumb/weird lol. I was just recalling what Cyan had told us previously. But maybe I'm misunderstanding it, idk.

When you achieve a perfectly even number and you can never retune that particular gear set ever again lmao.

M1jab89.jpg

d96.jpg

Hi Cyan a friends and i we transfer to Danaria on December 4, but from the transfer we can´t access Lugbug´s Mission menu, the icon does not appear on the screen and in the general menu by clicking on the option Lugbug´s Mission, appears the legend: "No open quests.".

Help us please we have three weeks with that problem.

Hi Cyan a friends and i we transfer to Danaria on December 4, but from the transfer we can´t access Lugbug´s Mission menu, the icon does not appear on the screen and in the general menu by clicking on the option Lugbug´s Mission, appears the legend: "No open quests.".

+1 font per re-post plz

On 12/17/2019 at 8:23 PM, Cyan said:

Okay I am sorry I forgot to include it in the list, oof.

Thank you.

Can we have the Tuca designs back after the snowball event is over on Jan. 8th ?
Also, will snowballs still have the same rewards after the 8th ?

On 12/18/2019 at 9:39 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

When you achieve a perfectly even number and you can never retune that particular gear set ever again lmao.

M1jab89.jpg

Hey hey, think about those autistic and epileptic people, that overly rounded stats can give them an attack. If you ever go to 2000 round healing boost you are going to hell.

Archived