Forums

7.2 PvP Tier by class

Arhangelos

So true about that, we used to have a shield that blocked everything for a few seconds, but that skill puted us in stuned state that we were unable to remove it with the remove shock skill, wtf with that  skill?? good thing we dont have it anymore

Its not very different from the current vision stigma shield. That kind of skill is sort of traditional in mages on certain games. That skill is good for when you want to buy a few seconds on arena or want to avoid the fight when the opponent has certain buffs, or simply buy time to your CDs to come back.

Sorcs never got a shield that is an actual god-sent shield like many classes have. I remember that skill and the vision stigma kinda took its place later.

Thats so far from the truth, considering that in the old days wintry armor and boon of iron clad were pretty much I win skills.

14 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Thats so far from the truth, considering that in the old days wintry armor and boon of iron clad were pretty much I win skills.

And then we go back to the beginning of this topic, those skills have not been updated in a manner consistent with the current way in which the game is now, Boon of iron clad still resist 50,000 for 5 seconds, which gladiators, sins, rangers can easily do that damage to sorcs in a few seconds and thus take off the shield, Wintry Armor got just an ridiculous update of reflecting damage of 1,500 to 2,000 which by the way, it used to have a range of 5m and now is only 1m.

4 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Its not very different from the current vision stigma shield. That kind of skill is sort of traditional in mages on certain games. That skill is good for when you want to buy a few seconds on arena or want to avoid the fight when the opponent has certain buffs, or simply buy time to your CDs to come back.

Really. Let's talk about this mythical "I win"  scenario. Let's not forget that  gunners, ATs SW and vandals weren't around. So we're only talking about plate, leather ,chain and sorcs/SMs.

Will WA and BOI be an "I win" against cleric, sorcs, and SMs? Nope, since they only block physical damage. Inaddition, SMs had so many debufss, they would strip them right away anyway.

How about rangers? Definitely not WA- doesn't help against ranged. BOI gave you a chance..while you were stunned, and slept.Rock,paper, scissors!

How about plate? well definitely helped with glads, but glads weren't so hard back then (unless with an extendable). Templars were a bit harder.

Now finally - sins. A sin with a brain would just run back and kill the sorc when WA and/or BOI was off. The CD was so long, it wasn't a problem. A sin who didn't notice WA up could auto-aatck to death, then rez and come back anytime within 5 minutes and rage kill the sorc.

4 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

And then we go back to the beginning of this topic, those skills have not been updated in a manner consistent with the current way in which the game is now, Boon of iron clad still resist 50,000 for 5 seconds, which gladiators, sins, rangers can easily do that damage to sorcs in a few seconds and thus take off the shield, Wintry Armor got just an ridiculous update of reflecting damage of 1,500 to 2,000 which by the way, it used to have a range of 5m and now is only 1m.

Basically this. Other class also were overdue for attention in the past. The difference is that sorcs are now way overdue and there's no sign  (up to 7.5)  of any  changes that would have a meaningful impact.

Just now, Rapier-DN said:

Really. Let's talk about this mythical "I win"  scenario. Let's not forget that  gunners, ATs SW and vandals weren't around. So we're only talking about plate, leather ,chain and sorcs/SMs.

Will WA and BOI be an "I win" against cleric, sorcs, and SMs? Nope, since they only block physical damage. Inaddition, SMs had so many debufss, they would strip them right away anyway.

How about rangers? Definitely not WA- doesn't help against ranged. BOI gave you a chance..while you were stunned, and slept.Rock,paper, scissors!

How about plate? well definitely helped with glads, but glads weren't so hard back then for a sorc - rock, paper, scissors again! (unless with an extendable). Templars were a bit harder. Definitely not a "I win" button here though.

Now finally - sins. A sin with a brain would just run back and kill the sorc when WA and/or BOI was off. The CD was so long, it wasn't a problem. A sin who didn't notice WA up could auto-attack to death, then rez and come back anytime within 5 minutes and rage kill the sorc.

Basically this. Other class also were overdue for attention in the past. The difference is that sorcs are now way overdue and there's no sign  (up to 7.5)  of any  changes that would have a meaningful impact.

8 hours ago, Ryzin-DN said:

Was talking about damage formula on another server and this link came up https://www.aiononline.com/classes/mage

Take a look and see how a glad has the same 90 knowledge that a sorc has. They even have painters with more knowledge than sorcs. Pretty sad if this is why sorcs damage is so bad.

What the actual fk? I remember Sorcs used to have the most Intelligence in 5.8 and now we have the least? That is utterly ridiculous.

I found the post and the info on our intelligence. We are supposedly having the most INT in the game but we need a confirmation that the site is either wrong or we got our INT nerfed along with every skill we have dps wise.

Aion refly stats:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PNmbQKpX_-Q8_y72drHCcekk-4wY68xguuB6Ecx2EnM/edit

found on this post:

@TheSecretCowLeve-KT we need your inside in this. Why does the official site show base stats so horribly different?
https://www.aiononline.com/classes/mage

Was talking about damage formula on another server and this link came up https://www.aiononline.com/classes/mage

Take a look and see how a glad has the same 90 knowledge that a sorc has. They even have painters with more knowledge than sorcs. Pretty sad if this is why sorcs damage is so bad.

I dont think damage is directly proportial to that stat, so I don't think it matters much. 

The scenarios you describe aren't exactly precise. Sorc could fight all those classes and win without ever resorting to those skills. Those skills you would use whenever you would need a clutch to win.

The point is, you get 50000 extra HP. That is usually the point of shields, that in general are HP sponges. And I dont think BOI is limited to physical damage anymore, at least it doesnt say that in the description.

And BTW, that discussion happened before, a few years back:

23 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

I dont think damage is directly proportial to that stat, so I don't think it matters much. 

This is the problem with thinking, in that it fails to look for the evidence to prove something and is based on your feelings. Those stats are in the damage formula, how could you think those stats have nothing to do with damage?

The point is, you get 50000 extra HP. That is usually the point of shields, that in general are HP sponges. And I dont think BOI is limited to physical damage anymore, at least it doesnt say that in the description.

Again, its not always an extra 50k HP. That shield does not protect against magic regardless on the bad translation on the tooltip. Again it does not prevent debuffs either, so you could still get silenced locked and be easy for the enemy to wait it off. Stop acting like people dont know how to fight against sorcs but at the same time act like sorc players know how to do all the right things.

49 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

That would be true if the shield could withstand more than two attacks, something that is not so, the shield does not last the 5 seconds described because the melee classes with two skills take it away. And it still only effective again phisical attacks, not magical attacks.

16 minutes ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

That would be true if the shield could withstand more than two attacks, something that is not so, the shield does not last the 5 seconds described because the melee classes with two skills take it away. And it still only effective again phisical attacks, not magical attacks.

They can auto-attack us and still break that shield. People think a 50k HP shield is insane, but they forget the fact that the class this exists in is made of actual paper and that 50k HP is burnt in 1 second. I have 55k HP in full T2+15 gear (because I put p.def and m.def and not HP) and a sin can still burn that in 1 second...  with +50k HP I can last 2 seconds.

There is someone in the developing team that finds new ways to make sorcs even more worthless in every patch. They can give us a ticket to change our class from sorc to SM and then totally remove the sorc from game.

Archived