you've butchered your own game...

Hydrogenix-DN

just want you to know that you've completely butchered your game. not like you haven't been doing that already but as of 11:10 server time on the DN-elyos side there were 122 people logged in not excluding bots and low levels and most of them are afk with nothing to do. this is horrendous for it being a weekend. back in 3.0-4.0 there would be several hundred people on actively doing something. I understand you're bound by contract and you can't modify the game from what the korean NCsoft makes. but you guys are the ones that can actually make input to make a positive change in the game the NA community can't make the change for you cause korean NC doesn't care about us. we are merely a small portion of their income. You killed the game by doing nothing when you shoulda done something. not a new event. not new skins. no cash shop. actual in game content that stays...congratz on dropping the ashes of the game in the toilet after beating it to death for the past 7 years.

1 hour ago, Tiffany-DN said:

The playerbase is just as much to blame if not more.  People post for dome / dredge / ib to dodge other groups and get empty ones for free rewards...

Player base is 99% to blame. lol look at the amount of trolls asking for the wrong fixes to the game.

37 minutes ago, Tiffany-DN said:

The playerbase is just as much to blame if not more.  People post for dome / dredge / ib to dodge other groups and get empty ones for free rewards...

THIS SO MUCH.

But NC is also to blame for not creating incentive for honest gaming and fair competition.

11 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

THIS SO MUCH.

But NC is also to blame for not creating incentive for honest gaming and fair competition.

unknown.png

Less than 10% take up the 1500-2100 ranking slots and the difference between a 1700 player and a 2.1k player is only the players APM. Everyone below 1500 lack the APM needed to break through the 1500 bracket despite the knowledge they have on the game. Despite this AoE2 legitimately has the nicest competitive/ranked community i have ever met in a game. You can only blame your own skill if you can not climb unlike MMORPG's.

Fair competition will never be a thing in MMORPG's because of the issues that are out of fair's vocabulary. Gear/numbers/Class balance/Level advantages and so on. These are all factors in MMORPG's that make PvP unfair and that is the reason it is so fun to begin with. More over it is the reason why MMORPG players can make more memories than say MOBA players or BR/FPS players can make hence the more nostalgic feels MMORPG players are impacted by.

MMORPG players consider the game they are playing at the time to be fair competitively so long as they are enjoying the time with-in the world. It only becomes unfair competitively when they are getting bored. MMORPG players are notorious for sticking with a game for 3+ years longer than they should due to these memories they made from the gear/number/class balance they had in or against their favor. There is simply to many things to balance in an MMORPG to make them competitive and when you attempt to make them competitive they become a bloody homogenized mess that legitimately ruins every other aspect of the game for both PvP and PvE players. Games where gear often = power people get this blanket of sorts that inflates ego that deflates super hard when vsing someone with equal gear and a better skill level than themselves.

This is not just my opinion it is simply the genre's design philosophy. It is why developers keep making the same mistakes over and over and over because the genre is make a living breathing world where lots of players can interact. This means Time/gear/numbers/class balance/level advantages are issues that will always be present in an MMORPG worlds. There is no fixing all of these issues with out making a game is in actual fact apart of a different genre.

Next thing, forced DN transfer to KT and closing of DN.

Meanwhile they will continue to have bad prestige bonuses, no EC, no 7.2, no events that engage you, no skins. See I am not even complaining about maps gone, instances deleted, essencetapping being obsolete, crafting being ridiculous, because this is developer's issue, not NCWest. So I am mentioning their wrong doings.

But NCWest took a decision at 6.2, no good events, emptiness and stale environment. They want this game closed. They actually wanted this game closed since late 4.x, early 5.x!

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

unknown.png

Less than 10% take up the 1500-2100 ranking slots and the difference between a 1700 player and a 2.1k player is only the players APM. Everyone below 1500 lack the APM needed to break through the 1500 bracket despite the knowledge they have on the game. Despite this AoE2 legitimately has the nicest competitive/ranked community i have ever met in a game. You can only blame your own skill if you can not climb unlike MMORPG's.

Fair competition will never be a thing in MMORPG's because of the issues that are out of fair's vocabulary. Gear/numbers/Class balance/Level advantages and so on. These are all factors in MMORPG's that make PvP unfair and that is the reason it is so fun to begin with. More over it is the reason why MMORPG players can make more memories than say MOBA players or BR/FPS players can make hence the more nostalgic feels MMORPG players are impacted by.

MMORPG players consider the game they are playing at the time to be fair competitively so long as they are enjoying the time with-in the world. It only becomes unfair competitively when they are getting bored. MMORPG players are notorious for sticking with a game for 3+ years longer than they should due to these memories they made from the gear/number/class balance they had in or against their favor. There is simply to many things to balance in an MMORPG to make them competitive and when you attempt to make them competitive they become a bloody homogenized mess that legitimately ruins every other aspect of the game for both PvP and PvE players. Games where gear often = power people get this blanket of sorts that inflates ego that deflates super hard when vsing someone with equal gear and a better skill level than themselves.

This is not just my opinion it is simply the genre's design philosophy. It is why developers keep making the same mistakes over and over and over because the genre is make a living breathing world where lots of players can interact. This means Time/gear/numbers/class balance/level advantages are issues that will always be present in an MMORPG worlds. There is no fixing all of these issues with out making a game is in actual fact apart of a different genre.

Can't say anything you wrothe is wrong.

That's why I spend a lot of time in Tekken 7 these days.

Of course they've butchered their own game. As Arhangelos said in his/her post. maps are gone, instances deleted, essencetapping is obsolete, crafting is ridiculous. I have to agree with this. They've destroyed their own game by trashing everything that was good about it and introducing a load of nonsense into it. I honestly don't know why they don't just shut the whole thing down instead of constantly telling us about upcoming changes that they are under the delusion we should be excited about. I don't know what this game is now, but it's definitely NOT Aion.

like i tell everyone else. don't spend a penny on this game, i'm about 100% sure they will announce the game shutting down within the next 6 months. aion has been living on a lifeline the past 12 months, there is no possible way for a game with not even 150+ active players on a faction at the same time have enough money to support itself. we don't even have fking gm's in the game anymore. that should be the first warning for everygame. iv'e been playing since release and the OG players who still survived playing aion until this point already know that the game is gunna be shutting down pretty soon. they're just making sure they milk every penny before they decide to not renew the license again.

aion has the potential to literally be the bets MMO out , players are hungry to find a mmo like aion with flawless combat system, too bad the people who runs the game are probably people who's never had any prior job experience in the mmo market and just throwing it away. we can all agree that aion would be 100x better if a better company bought out hte game and revived it

1 hour ago, Sprinkle-DN said:

like i tell everyone else. don't spend a penny on this game, i'm about 100% sure they will announce the game shutting down within the next 6 months. aion has been living on a lifeline the past 12 months, there is no possible way for a game with not even 150+ active players on a faction at the same time have enough money to support itself. we don't even have fking gm's in the game anymore. that should be the first warning for everygame. iv'e been playing since release and the OG players who still survived playing aion until this point already know that the game is gunna be shutting down pretty soon. they're just making sure they milk every penny before they decide to not renew the license again.

aion has the potential to literally be the bets MMO out , players are hungry to find a mmo like aion with flawless combat system, too bad the people who runs the game are probably people who's never had any prior job experience in the mmo market and just throwing it away. we can all agree that aion would be 100x better if a better company bought out hte game and revived it

I'm not sure that Aion will shut down in 6 months or 12 months or even years from now, but I feel you with the bolded. Since BnS was released, Aion has been relegated to the back burner for NCWest. Even L2 gets more attention, which is rather sick. But it's the last year when I have really felt that Aion is less than an after-thought for them. It's so bad that I can't even see a path forward from here. If NCWest fired anyone that touches Aion (which would be like one person.. lol), put in a director who truly cared about the game and was willing to be long hours into insuring that our client gets the attention it deserves -and- they hired us our own CM and store manager (we used to have people in both positions for just Aion) -and- tossed some real $$ into advertising.. I still don't think Aion can be revived. 

At this point I think we have all been burned too many times. Too many promises made and broken. Too many times we got our hopes up only to be right back where we are right now. 

Yet we still play. Probably less and less, but we are here and most of us are here for the duration. Whether that's 6 months or a year or 5 years.

14 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Yet we still play. Probably less and less, but we are here and most of us are here for the duration. Whether that's 6 months or a year or 5 years.

I think those of us who are still here are the people who are just apathetic to the state of the game. Like, it doesn't anger us anymore. We're just like "eh whatever" about literally everything. I think we MUST need to have that outlook to be able to stay.

5 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I think those of us who are still here are the people who are just apathetic to the state of the game. Like, it doesn't anger us anymore. We're just like "eh whatever" about literally everything. I think we MUST need to have that outlook to be able to stay.

Totally agree.

We know things are bad. We know things are bad and are resigned to them getting worse. We realize that it's futile to keep struggling. So we just lay here and wait for the end.

6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Its also the social aspect.  I cant tell you how many hours I happily lost sleep because I was having fun with friends regardless of content.  It has taken me a very long time to recognize how badly the game itself frustrates people.  Ive even stopped asking people how I can help them because I know I cant fix what they are upset about.   Yeah!  Let me fix that enchant rate for you!  And now I stay in touch out of game with many people and it just leaves the game feeling emptier for me.

11 hours ago, ykcuL-DN said:

Games been bleeding players for a long time but nothing accelerated the loss of players quite like 6.0 lol. even 5.0 the patch "everyone" complained about had more than twice as many players as 6.0 - current.

The only reason 5.0 had more players was due to events. Events that if you had 11 character could make you 10s of billions a week as well as on top of that events that got you decently geared in 2 weeks. I remember that one haramal instance where it got me my entire set of spinel medal gear+AP i needed in less than 2 weeks because not only did you get gear/progression items from it you got kinah+reset scrolls every 3rd run you could give to your main character.

With-out events there is no doubt in my mind that the merge that happened in 5.X would of been a merger of all servers. Events kept people logging in for years beyond what they should of been logging in for.

9 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The only reason 5.0 had more players was due to events. Events that if you had 11 character could make you 10s of billions a week as well as on top of that events that got you decently geared in 2 weeks. I remember that one haramal instance where it got me my entire set of spinel medal gear+AP i needed in less than 2 weeks because not only did you get gear/progression items from it you got kinah+reset scrolls every 3rd run you could give to your main character.

With-out events there is no doubt in my mind that the merge that happened in 5.X would of been a merger of all servers. Events kept people logging in for years beyond what they should of been logging in for.

I could argue the same thing with 6.0 - now, Theres more people logging toons to afk now then ever before because the only real effective way to get kinah is by doing luna and crafting it. That is even how the kinah sellers get there kinah running 100s of toons through luna daily.

There's about 2.2k characters connected during siege prime time etc, but sieges are only about 200 v 200 on DN, Don't know the numbers for KT but I doubt it's more than double. Which patch has more afk logins again?

20 hours ago, ykcuL-DN said:

I could argue the same thing with 6.0 - now, Theres more people logging toons to afk now then ever before because the only real effective way to get kinah is by doing luna and crafting it. That is even how the kinah sellers get there kinah running 100s of toons through luna daily.

There's about 2.2k characters connected during siege prime time etc, but sieges are only about 200 v 200 on DN, Don't know the numbers for KT but I doubt it's more than double. Which patch has more afk logins again?

The difference is that back in 5.8 even normal players could get themselves money and gear to play, events were everywhere and as the guy above said having 11 chars was enough to make you billions or gear that you could use on your main to be able to play.

Now only those that can run 100 luna chars can get money as you said, and those are the ones left in the game for the same reason that they can still make money. Normal players with 11 chars simply quit, because they either had to become themselves herders of 100 chars or they would have no way to play the game.

Limiting the game to an extend gets rid of the every day normal players, it gets rids of people who enjoy playing the game without having to spend a fortune or invest in having 100 chars

I played from the betas till blade and soul came out, and left with 5 lvl 65's all with multiple +10-+13 pvp sets and misc pve sets, many thousands of potions, scrolls, and shards. 

I came back yesterday and all of it is useless, I cant even extract them, what a slap in the face...

So I should just start fresh like a new player and go back on the grind to gear up, then socket and enchant again?

I dunno man...

I bet they lost a lot of people when they did this... and for what?  To force us all to start from 0 again so they can make more $? 

On 1/19/2020 at 6:58 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

MMORPG players consider the game they are playing at the time to be fair competitively so long as they are enjoying the time with-in the world. It only becomes unfair competitively when they are getting bored.

Hence why they are failing so epically at their jobs. Nobody is enjoying the game anymore because they have removed or drastically altered so much of the content that gave us players a sense of accomplishment and freedom. Time and time again they force us to start over from scratch by introducing some new way of doing things that ends up biting us all in the arse. The game is getting smaller and smaller, and when you have nothing to do in-game but rage about how unfair that game is, it isn't fun anymore.

28 minutes ago, 1s2062B2-KT said:

I came back yesterday and all of it is useless, I cant even extract them, what a slap in the face... So I should just start fresh like a new player and go back on the grind to gear up, then socket and enchant again?

Does that sound like fun to you?

55 minutes ago, 1s2062B2-KT said:

I played from the betas till blade and soul came out, and left with 5 lvl 65's all with multiple +10-+13 pvp sets and misc pve sets, many thousands of potions, scrolls, and shards. 

I came back yesterday and all of it is useless, I cant even extract them, what a slap in the face...

So I should just start fresh like a new player and go back on the grind to gear up, then socket and enchant again?

I dunno man...

I bet they lost a lot of people when they did this... and for what?  To force us all to start from 0 again so they can make more $? 

Umm. I hate to be a wet blanket, but you have been gone for almost 4 years. So yeah. You -are- just like a new player. Look at it this way.. even if they hadn't changed stats around completely, you are 15 levels under max level. Your gear would still be useless. The game would be a worse state than it already is if your gear was still relevant 4 years later.

8 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Umm. I hate to be a wet blanket, but you have been gone for almost 4 years. So yeah. You -are- just like a new player. Look at it this way.. even if they hadn't changed stats around completely, you are 15 levels under max level. Your gear would still be useless. The game would be a worse state than it already is if your gear was still relevant 4 years later.

I don't expect to come back and be competitive in my old gear but I didn't think that at lvl 66, my lvl 65 full +13 with full dual stat manastones would be useless to even lvl up in.. lol I hit like a wet noodle. I had alts full of scrolls, aether, enchant stones, pots and manastones saved up.... all kinds of stuff and it's just gone or I cant even sell it.

Just now, 1s2062B2-KT said:

I don't expect to come back and be competitive in my old gear but I didn't think that at lvl 66, my lvl 65 full +13 with full dual stat manastones would be useless to even lvl up in.. lol I hit like a wet noodle. I had alts full of scrolls, aether, enchant stones, pots and manastones saved up.... all kinds of stuff and it's just gone or I cant even sell it.

If it's "gone", then it was vendored automatically when you logged in.

Here's the thing. There were many players who actually through those four years when you were gone. They also had scrolls and aether and other mats that were made useless overnight for them. We moaned and complained and then we dealt with it. It's just rather funny to have someone say, "I left 4 years ago and now all my stuff is crap!" Well.. yeah.

On a brighter note, don't worry about not doing much damage in your old garbage gear. Everything you need to level will be given to you through quests. And there will be plenty of quests to get you to 80 quickly. You won't need to buy or slot or enchant anything. You won't need to buy consumables (aside from the new power shards). Just grab the first available quest and quickly trade over the new stuff for the crap you are wearing now.

On 1/24/2020 at 4:59 AM, ykcuL-DN said:

Yes but my point was a response to what you said. I never said that 6.0 has less afkers i said that the only reason 5.X had as many  players as it did was due to the rewarding events. Maybe i should of added more context to what i said.

5.X allowed players to get geared enough to the point they played game more frequently due to feeling the sense of progression. 6.0 by design is set up for afking(for a long long time) if you are not paying. That is why the play style is legitimately just afk/avoid if you can not/will not pay. 

6 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

Hence why they are failing so epically at their jobs. Nobody is enjoying the game anymore because they have removed or drastically altered so much of the content that gave us players a sense of accomplishment and freedom. Time and time again they force us to start over from scratch by introducing some new way of doing things that ends up biting us all in the arse. The game is getting smaller and smaller, and when you have nothing to do in-game but rage about how unfair that game is, it isn't fun anymore.

To be fair we can not judge them for failing at their job because for all we know they are doing exactly what NCsoft tells them to do so they could be very successful at their job just NCsoft is bad at catering to the western market.

No matter the patch if you are raging about it being unfair and you are not having fun you simply need to take a break or move on to a company that cares. 

• You had people raging in the game when ing/gelk come out because they broke the game balance.
  • You had people raging during 3.0 because they went f2p in our region.
  • You had people raging in 4.0 release due to the game going to casual.
  • You had plenty of people rage during 5.X due to them adding the grind back for levels and gear blowing up.
  • You had people rage during 6.0 due to the new transformations or the changes we recieved.
  • You had people raging about painter before 7.0 even came out.

Games are something we all have the ability to walk away from if they cause you unwanted negative emotions. If you can not walk away from the game causing you distress then i recommend you talk to a close family member or loved one and ask them to help you seek out some help for your situation, Because sooner or later the game will shut down in our region and many of those who can not give up Aion will be stuck in a seemingly endless pit of sorrow. 

On 1/24/2020 at 9:15 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

To be fair we can not judge them for failing at their job because for all we know they are doing exactly what NCsoft tells them to do so they could be very successful at their job just NCsoft is bad at catering to the western market.

This is what I've always said. I am absolutely positive that Cyan and Hime are good workers. Why? They haven't been fired! We just don't SEE it because we play the game which makes the least amount of money. NCWest undoubtedly tells them to devote most of their time to other games, and that is what they do. They aren't lazy; their priorities are just elsewhere. It sucks, but that's just the reality of any company's lowest moneymaker.

Archived