you've butchered your own game...

Hydrogenix-DN

7 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

This is what I've always said. I am absolutely positive that Cyan and Hime are good workers. Why? They haven't been fired! We just don't SEE it because we play the game which makes the least amount of money. NCWest undoubtedly tells them to devote most of their time to other games, and that is what they do. They aren't lazy; their priorities are just elsewhere. It sucks, but that's just the reality of any company's lowest moneymaker.

And so we have the self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Aion makes less money, so we spend less time on it. Since we spend less time on it, it makes less money.

6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

This is what I've always said. I am absolutely positive that Cyan and Hime are good workers. Why? They haven't been fired! We just don't SEE it because we play the game which makes the least amount of money. NCWest undoubtedly tells them to devote most of their time to other games, and that is what they do. They aren't lazy; their priorities are just elsewhere. It sucks, but that's just the reality of any company's lowest moneymaker.

You can probably skip down to the last paragraph.

This is why i say NCsoft just did not know how to adapt with the times. They fail to see what consumers want and need in this day and age where everything is available to obtain somewhere on the interwebs.

I am going to say it...despite reluctantly not wanting to due to broken record but PA(BDO creators) simply understand what consumers want. 

When BDO started going down hill they did not shut off they had regional meet ups they met up with content creators and featured partners for ways to improve BDO. They spent millions but got back 100s of millions all due to just listening to what the player base wanted. Not only this featured partners got to meet and greed with the actual OC story developer regional managers and so on and got to have hours of discussions with them 1 on 1. Yes not in a group setting come meet us they got legitimate hours worth of time with the developers of the game. 

NCsoft on the other hand when 5.X went turned the game to shit they kept milking and milking then half assed the ohh we are sorry what was it you wanted. The conclusion they came to was we wanted more cash shop bottle necks and less new content to enjoy the game. Do you remember seeing/hearing about the EU meet and greet? How long did that last? A day? Half a day?. NCsoft could not get out of there fast enough. 

I think it has nothing to do with Aion being the lowest money maker. B&S gets barely any attention, A few extra posts per week is not devoting time to said product. Wildstar despite not being an NCwest product but was featured on the website had 0 shits given about it. GW2 has hit the same lack of communication issues you can tell by how frustrated and often the community are bring it up recently and with their 2020 roadmap i think it was made people even more upset with the direction. All these issues are stemming from the mother company which is NCsoft. 

On 27/1/2020 at 10:21 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

GW2 has hit the same lack of communication issues you can tell by how frustrated and often the community are bring it up recently and with their 2020 roadmap i think it was made people even more upset with the direction. All these issues are stemming from the mother company which is NCsoft. 

ArenaNet is responsible for the communication and development of GW2, not NCSoft (that "just" owns ANet). And I don't see this lack of communication. Bugs are fixed shortly after being reported (this is just from today for example) (and the patch/new version is always put while you play, there's no maintenance time) and their roadmap for the 2019 has been achieved. Only the WvW rework has been delayed, but the reason has been clearly posted on the forum, together with the current progress (it's a difficult change, like merging the servers without that players notice anything, so it takes time, especially after that they lost manpower).

In the past they communicated more with the playerbase, but 1) when they couldn't meet the milestone, players were raged, so they stopped to give a precise date now; 2) NCSoft fired 150 employees, including the GM. This yes, it's on NCSoft.

1 hour ago, KallSu-KT said:

ArenaNet is responsible for the communication and development of GW2, not NCSoft (that "just" owns ANet). And I don't see this lack of communication. Bugs are fixed shortly after being reported (this is just from today for example) (and the patch/new version is always put while you play, there's no maintenance time) and their roadmap for the 2019 has been achieved. Only the WvW rework has been delayed, but the reason has been clearly posted on the forum, together with the current progress (it's a difficult change, like merging the servers without that players notice anything, so it takes time, especially after that they lost manpower).

In the past they communicated more with the playerbase, but 1) when they couldn't meet the milestone, players were raged, so they stopped to give a precise date now; 2) NCSoft fired 150 employees, including the GM. This yes, it's on NCSoft.

Hell, players complained about the look of those luminous aureate weapons or w/e being super bad looking, and Anet fixed them.

Yeah I used to enjoy AIon a lot witch is why I always check the forums every few months but  I decided to leave this game a around a year ago when I saw that it had become a dumpster fire of cheaters, bots, no open world PVP and troll type players that are just as much to blame for the games demise as NCWest and developers... I highly suggest that the remaining players enjoy some new games that are a lot more fulfilling and dont cost 1000's of dollars just to be left with a feeling of depression. AION WILL MAKE YOU DEPRESSED! Good luck and fair well!

Er, where is my 10 foot pole again?, lol, heeeeeee!

All Kidding aside many good points are made here and I agree with many of you on these issues. I can still have fun in Aion despite all of the tragedy. However I'm weird, lol.

The question is though: Is there any hope things will get better? This I cannot answer. Hell I don't think anyone can atm.

9 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Er, where is my 10 foot pole again?, lol, heeeeeee!

All Kidding aside many good points are made here and I agree with many of you on these issues. I can still have fun in Aion despite all of the tragedy. However I'm weird, lol.

The question is though: Is there any hope things will get better? This I cannot answer. Hell I don't think anyone can atm.

In my personal opinion, no, no it can't. Korea is several patches ahead of us right now so we already know what's coming. If people don't like the way things are right now, it's only going to get worse from here and we're about to step up to the plate for the removal of even more maps and content. NCsoft West has either not been allowed to make the necessary changes to the way the games is played or works for a western market or they simply haven't even bothered asking to make such changes. We're still at the mercy of eastern NCSoft and that's going to be a slow, painful death for this game in the west and that's on top of an extremely apathetic staff / management with the exception of Cyan who is the only one who really communicates with us at all anymore.

Archived