Aion Fast Start technique - permitted or not?

Sabreze-DN

Hello there everyone.

Hello @Cyan 

I have a question with regards to what I found the other day on http://rainy.ws/ (Scroll down to "Fast Start" topic please). u36jr8G.png

As mentioned in the screenshot/link, are we permitted to make this config file 'read-only' to make loading much faster for us? I would really like to do this but I am not sure if the system will detect if what I am doing is prohibited or what not.  I'd like to hear your thoughts on this @Cyan.  It may seem obvious that one can do this and there won't be a problem, but better safe than sorry. The file location for NA is C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\Aion\Data\Dump\Config.ini

Thanks.

Let me correct you on some parts. 

1. This is not a method to "fast start", but a method to circumvent the safemode start that was implemented a few months ago
  2. The "safe mode" start ("NormalStop=0" meaning your game crashed/forcelogged/triple client closed/etc.pp. last time your Aion client was closed) is just like when you start your (old) windows in safemode. It takes extra precautions and implements analyzing methods to try to ensure that your client won't crash again (and we all know that mode is a failure cause it will still crash like during SFT if you didn't deactivate the effects for all)
  3. The normal start ("NormalStop=1") was implemented on EU like almost instantly, whereas NA did it 2 weeks ago. So unless you crash you should always have the normal start at the moment
  4. You can't start NA client with a *.bat file. EU can because they still use the old (much more comfy) ingame-login

To anyone who has done this, does it have a negative effect on Wednesday's maintenances? Like, we always get that long loading bar when installing a new patch. If it skips the loading bar, does the patch still install correctly? I've always wanted to try this "fast start" method because I sendlog at least once a day, but that's what always holds me back from trying it.

21 hours ago, Sofie-SL said:

Let me correct you on some parts. 

1. This is not a method to "fast start", but a method to circumvent the safemode start that was implemented a few months ago
  2. The "safe mode" start ("NormalStop=0" meaning your game crashed/forcelogged/triple client closed/etc.pp. last time your Aion client was closed) is just like when you start your (old) windows in safemode. It takes extra precautions and implements analyzing methods to try to ensure that your client won't crash again (and we all know that mode is a failure cause it will still crash like during SFT if you didn't deactivate the effects for all)
  3. The normal start ("NormalStop=1") was implemented on EU like almost instantly, whereas NA did it 2 weeks ago. So unless you crash you should always have the normal start at the moment
  4. You can't start NA client with a *.bat file. EU can because they still use the old (much more comfy) ingame-login

Thanks for that info, it was good to read it, though are you implying that it is falling under legal game play then?

12 hours ago, Vantheria-IS said:

To anyone who has done this, does it have a negative effect on Wednesday's maintenances? Like, we always get that long loading bar when installing a new patch. If it skips the loading bar, does the patch still install correctly? I've always wanted to try this "fast start" method because I sendlog at least once a day, but that's what always holds me back from trying it.

I have read, it is not recommended to do this during the patch updates so after maintenance, better to tick off the "read-only" option of the config file, and then after you have loaded properly (hence that 64% bullshit or "safe loading" shiz), then to put the config file to "read-only"

@Cyan helloo where are youu, we need your response here too please.

Archived