Fallen poeta abuse

Sachibi-DN

3 hours ago, Abinadii-SL said:

exactly that, I'm bored with the team because they're not totally honest, I know that some people use  have only used 10 runs and been banned permanently and people who have used much more than that and just took a warning.

tenor.gif?itemid=4674808

LOLOLOLOLOL! My friend only hacked for 10 runs! Then totally removed those hacks from their computer because while they may not be totally legit.. they are -mostly- legit.. some of the time. Sorry! Don't feel sorry for your hacking buddy at all. Not even one bit. Just because someone else who should have been banned wasn't, doesn't make your friend is any less of a cheating potato head.

2 hours ago, Apis-SL said:

WOW the minute you point out the fact the NCsoft allowed this to happen when it could have been prevented and they scrub the forum clean.  I wasn't an ass, I just said it was being handled poorly (which it is)

Umm.. I just read your post. In one of the other redundant threads. Nothing was scrubbed. 

And why should we have to read three different threads of people complaining that their buddy got a perma but some other guy only got a 2 week ban and how that's unfair. Bottom line.. THEY HACKED. They all deserve a perma, but those of us that play legit will take what we can get.

Thank you, @Cyan It's a good start.

A ban of any kind that isn't just related to chargebacks by NCWest is a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, I don't necessarily believe it's the start of actual punishment in the future, but they should be applauded for at least doing something.

Ok in all honesty i think wow this is really good they can tell if people are using exploits to do instances solo. Then i think about all the people i know who spam upper forts who have yet to be banned. This is the worrying part it means they can catch people doing this yet they have not done it for people who been soloing upper forts for years.

Just now, CaptainSquid-SL said:

Ok in all honesty i think wow this is really good they can tell if people are using exploits to do instances solo. Then i think about all the people i know who spam upper forts who have yet to be banned. This is the worrying part it means they can catch people doing this yet they have not done it for people who been soloing upper forts for years.

I know a few people that were banned for soloing Uppers back in the day. I believe that more would have been if more had been reported, but it was sort of accepted.. which is twisted. Ofc now you can solo uppers easily.

Anyway.. looking back doesn't help. They did something this time. That's good. Let's hope the next time they do something again.

Just now, Nyinu-KR said:

I know a few people that were banned for soloing Uppers back in the day. I believe that more would have been if more had been reported, but it was sort of accepted.. which is twisted. Ofc now you can solo uppers easily.

Anyway.. looking back doesn't help. They did something this time. That's good. Let's hope the next time they do something again.

The thing is they can check the logs probably over the past week or so that means they could go through and check upper forts now and see who is getting all the boxes. Yet they probably will not when you half ass ban people for cheating it makes it look like you care about the communities worries but really do not.

Like 10/10 that they banned people this is 100% a step in the right direction for the game if they can continue this trend i may actually come back to the game. As i quit not because i hate the game but its cheating player base and how acceptable it is and how people brag and get defended for cheating.

5 hours ago, Rubyvulpa-SL said:

Yec said something about the tiered 'punishments' being in terms of the intensity of the abuse.
If you used it to level from 66 to 75 then it results in permaban, 68-74 14 days etc.
Not sure if it's a rumour or based on player confessions, but I'm sure there is some logic behind it... right?

Everyone makes up what they think is the reason. My thought process is were these players banned in the past for exploits? A large portion of the community banned would of been people who were also banned previously for things such as instance cool-down abuse or whispered bots which actually gets you a temp ban if that bot gets banned. This could result in them getting a permanent ban this time around.

• Cyan changed the title to Fallen poeta abuse

They should be permanently banned. Hacking to me shows a lack of character, a dishonesty in the person. Like a guy plays from Antarctica and bounces 5 skills per second off my forehead, sure he is legit. I have been playing since launch and now rarely log on. Seems now the justification is " everyone hacks so it's okay" mentality. Your name is on this NcSoft, it reflects on you that it goes by with a mere slap on the wrist. How many legitimate and paying players have left for reasons like this. 

Why is it not handled like GW2 (yes NcSoft) did to that hacker a couple years ago. They posted a video of his character being stripped of gear, all items deleted, then jumped to characters death. At end character deleted and account closed. It made a pretty strong point. They were chastised some for being to harsh but, the guy cheated, was the cause of some others leaving. 

People here cheating know what they did is wrong. They already have their ban/warning. Anything else is pretty much wasted breath at this point, unless you think ncsoft will unban them(nice joke). Reminds me of the group who got banned on BR. 

Maybe one day you guys will learn....one day lul

Archived