A Simple Request... I hope.

Phynx-KT

So I'd like to pre-face this by saying that this isn't some call for a 'master server' or to express regret over the direction the game has gone.

My request is simple. Bring back a form of traditional crafting. Hear me out. My suggestion is specifically to bring back weapon and armor crafting. Not for obtaining progressive or endgame gear but to allow us to craft legacy gear for skins.

Right off, I know that there are skins shops in the game for NCSoft to utilize for the purpose of making money and I wholly respect that. A game can't survive without revenue and ever since they made that game F2P, I've accepted every attempt for them to cash in on the game. That's basic economics.

But what I'm seeing is the skin shops primarily sell modern skins that share relevance for the era. I've not seen any legacy, craftable skins for sale per say and if they are not going to monetize the wholesale of these skins, allow us a grindable crafting option for obtaining these legacy gears.

I'm talking bringing back old recipes like the titanium, adamantium, and orichalcum skins. Alongside those allow us to craft the legacy daevonian sets like the level 30 'Courageous' set (my personal favorite skin in the whole game), the level 50 'Miragents' set, etc. etc.

This goes for all legacy, unused skins for armor, weapons, and clothing.

With this suggestion, and this might be where I lose any potential interest from any dev who happens to read this, in the implementation of said legacy crafting system, bring back the aethertapping and essencetapping gatherable nodes throughout the world to permit the progressive leveling of the aforementioned grindable crafting system.

In addition, and my final addition to this suggestion, if this were to be implemented, make it something you really have to work for. In a game where reaching level 80 in less than a day seems too much of a gimme, having a crafting system that could potentially take weeks to master because of its dedicated grind would bring back a very small but appreciated grind from the bygone era's of AION.

I can't express how relaxing nor exactly how much fun I had passing the time by spending hours gathering and crafting. In a world like AION, especially now, where everything is so fast paced and instantly now, having a system for players to enjoy doing on their "off time" would be, I feel, well received. It would provide one small, but fun, activity to the game for players to slow down from their constant sprint through the game. To be able to relax and soak in the world as it was beautifully designed because you have to travel all over for the gatherables. It would pay a great respect to the game for being as beautiful and diverse as it was, is, and will continue to be.

That's my long-winded suggestion. Sorry for writing a novel to read.

19 minutes ago, Jagblade-DN said:

Very much agreed. While we're at it can we bring back the ability for at least some classes to wear skins of other armor types? I used to have fun dressing as a clown and carrying a giant chainsaw "greatsword" into my fights.

We could never in retail wear skins or use weapons that weren't of our armor type. What you are talking about were just skins. The clown suit was "clothing".. not "cloth" (what magic sorcs wear). And the chainsaw was a skin that only could be put on greatswords and so could only be used by temps or glads. A sorc couldn't wield a chainsaw.

But yes.. I miss those old skins. They were fun.

19 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

We could never in retail wear skins or use weapons that weren't of our armor type. What you are talking about were just skins. The clown suit was "clothing".. not "cloth" (what magic sorcs wear). And the chainsaw was a skin that only could be put on greatswords and so could only be used by temps or glads. A sorc couldn't wield a chainsaw.

But yes.. I miss those old skins. They were fun.

Partially true, plate wearers could wear any armor type in the game. I used a few different pieces of cloth armor to make a colorful clown outfit and did use the chainsaw skin for the greatsword. Paired great with the mask you used to be able to buy.

Never said I won the fights though. :D

From back in said days:
ZiroJGz.jpg

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

Can't even sit around looking pretty! qq.

I just want to be pretty while I AFK :(

On topic, unfortunately, Korea is up to 7.5, and we know it's not coming in that patch, and I don't hold a lot of optimism that they'd bring real crafting back again. I don't know why they went LOLBYE to our armor skins and stuff, but it's NCsoft. They're getting rid of entire maps again in the next patch.

I enjoyed the old crafting system too. As you said, it gave us the opportunity to go out and leisurely explore the regions. I actually liked keeping stock of my mats and using them to craft gear, not just for the stats, but for the looks. Sure, there were a lot of ugly outfits, but it's the companies own damn fault their art team was color-blind.

I know this has always been a PVPVE game, and I respect that, but it feels much less catered to the PVE side of things than it use to be.

• 2 weeks later...

They can make a new profession (not to be confused with aetherforging or the previous professions) that you can craft all old gear, useless for pvp or pve but good for skins. EVEN if the recipes require the new 6.x or 7.x materials. It doesn't matter.

I also loved the Marchutan Priory skins that you could get with insignia... I should have gotten myself like 10 of each, I had the insignia, I just never thought they would remove not important npcs, like skin npcs and they will never give us any reply to as why they did it. But maybe in other regions they do have the older skins in their bcm and it is justified, or they might have them in their gold sand trader shop. Our publisher is the least engaged to the game and our BCM is the emptiest, including our Gold Sand Trader appearance tab.

I loved how I would think whether to keep my DP to use my pandaimonium focus on an enemy if I find one, or whether to morph aether into materials.

:(:(

Archived