Forums

Aion: Return to Katalam 7.2 Update Feedback

Cyan

This post I'm going to talk about crafting.

Crafting is a part of MMORPG and very important to the market, first, we must understand going instances with people is not the only way to contribute to the game.
Crafting materials suppose to be tradable and broker able and common drops from mobs, people who crafting are not expert to do instances or any PvP don't force them to do that to get crafting materials. They choose to craft because 2 things first they want money and sell it on market and second they can't farm gears from PvP or PvE instances but still want to able to protect themself from PvP while they hunting for crafting materials or hunt stronger monsters for better rewards. If everyone can farm gears easily on instances there won't be needing for crafts.

Second, there shouldn't be an upgrade over the upgrade crafting, people should be able to craft gears directly no need to upgrade from ancient to legendary to ultimate that's just stupid, noble versions are fine it can boost hp, attack whatever but cast/attack/running speed should be fixed no matter noble or not and their status should be on par with basic instances while noble on par with hard instances.

There should be many ways to get geared but right now the only way is doing instances.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need more time at 1 star camps on katalm if you do that solo is still hard for a non aoe middle gear classes to get all the 30 mobs kills or the 3 assasins 

Also at 2 star is to much time( imposible or very hard for some classes to kill the commander ) due the population at some hours not to many players on .

Sieges .

Put one per day or how was on past no one pvp now just rush from one to another for reward .

Bobonerk's coin 

Give us the xp back  . There's not xp and to hard to make the enchants

More minium too 

I'm not sure if the NCWest team is taking notes or not, but so far I've seen some great feedback and suggestions. Because I support a number of the ideas already shared, I'll just highlight the areas I'd most like to see improved:

Instances -- more XP from mobs and better drop rates. I don't think anyone else has addressed this yet, but I would also like to see more GROUP DROPS in instances. I know you guys recently changed some of the equipment boxes from [Mission] instances to group drops, but I think ALL equipment boxes should be group drops; Everyone in a group should be rewarded for their effort.

Skins -- ADD MORE SKINS. The BCM, Golden Sand Traders and Luna shop should cater to our interests, and one of those interests is skins. In addition, I believe all skins purchased from the Black Cloud Market should not have a limit on how many times they can be used; I shouldn't have to spend money to use something I have already PAID for.

Account Warehouse --- as mentioned numerous times in this thread, allow us to trade through the account warehouse all non-tradeable items such as MINIUM, ENCHANTMENT STONES, and MANASTONES.

Housing -- UPDATE HOUSING. Add all of the old Construction craft furniture to the merchants in Pernon/Oriel. Allow us the ability to buy furniture paint directly form the merchants. Give us more blooms to put in our homes and more items to buy with our guestpetals.

Thank you!

• Considering how enchantment stones literally rained from Genesis Crystals for the whole of 6.x all the way until a week ago, anyone that's starting/returning to the game or still gearing up is literally playing with a leg missing. The enchantment stone limitation needs to be increased or removed.
  • Need more skins in BCM, in rotation or perma;
  • GP boxes should spawn when all 3 forts are occupied by the same faction (i.e. all elyos or all asmodian), not a combination of both;

• Need miniums account warehouseable or;
  • Add a morph design that does the exact same thing as the Fighting Spirit Fragment Box, with a farmable component (A minium) + BCM component (Minium Capsule) + with the resulting box being brokerable and account warehousable, or;
  • Need more sources for rank A miniums and/or rank A-C minium bundles or;
  • Permanently add tradeable and brokerable rank A minium on BCM.

• Daeva

Hi everybody,

I want to say thank you to everyone who's shared feedback, and to give this update on where we are on implementing some of the requested changes:

Imminent Changes:
Expect these to land next week.

1) Daevanion Essence Box will be permanently added to the store.
2) Ancient and Legendary Breath of Transformation items will be permanently added to the store. There will be some available for free on a once-per-month basis, and an additional limited quantity will be available for purchase.

Forthcoming Changes:
I don’t have a precise ETA for these changes, but the dev team is actively working on them. At the earliest, some may drop next week. Barring a major issue encountered during testing, I expect them all to be released by the end of February.

1) Transformation Stats

• When the transformation system first released, we lowered the stats in order to reduce the overall shock to game balance, especially in PvP. Early on, the difference between the haves and the have-nots was stark. Almost a year and a half later, most consistent players have at least a small number of Ancient transformations, and the reasons for which we originally made the balance changes are no longer relevant.
  • With this in mind, we will be adjusting the transformation stats and durations to be identical to Korea's in an update coming soon.
  • Note that due to the nature of our original changes, certain grades (Legendary in particular) may see a decrease in movement speed as a result of this. Our goal here is to align as closely as possible with Korea. Generally speaking, this should be a major upgrade for every transformation.

2) Minium Vault entries

• We will be adding the ability to purchase MV entries with Luna soon.

3) Stigma Safe level
- We will be adding a +9 stigma safe level (as well as a fixed success rate on higher levels) soon.

In discussion:
These are being actively discussed with the dev team, however it’s still too soon to provide any further information on what changes (if any) will be occurring.

1) Enchantment Stones, Monster EXP, Cubicles, Crimson Katalam, IDD/PF ultimate drops, Quest Log expansion, Daevanion Skill bundles.

If your feedback isn’t explicitly called out here, fear not! We are discussing all the patch feedback with the development team, however we are focusing first on the most pressing issues so we can improve the game for as many players as possible as quickly as possible. There are also some important things not introduced with the 7.2 patch that we are also working on, but for the sake of this post I wanted to focus on the patch content as much as possible.

Keep giving us that feedback, and thanks!

38 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Hi everybody,

I want to say thank you to everyone who's shared feedback, and to give this update on where we are on implementing some of the requested changes:

Imminent Changes:

2) Ancient and Legendary Breath of Transformation items will be permanently added to the store. There will be some available for free on a once-per-month basis, and an additional limited quantity will be available for purchase.

Forthcoming Changes:
I don’t have a precise ETA for these changes, but the dev team is actively working on them. At the earliest, some may drop next week. Barring a major issue encountered during testing, I expect them all to be released by the end of February.

1) Transformation Stats

• When the transformation system first released, we lowered the stats in order to reduce the overall shock to game balance, especially in PvP. Early on, the difference between the haves and the have-nots was stark. Almost a year and a half later, most consistent players have at least a small number of Ancient transformations, and the reasons for which we originally made the balance changes are no longer relevant.
  • With this in mind, we will be adjusting the transformation stats and durations to be identical to Korea's in an update coming soon.
  • Note that due to the nature of our original changes, certain grades (Legendary in particular) may see a decrease in movement speed as a result of this. Our goal here is to align as closely as possible with Korea. Generally speaking, this should be a major upgrade for every transformation.

2) Minium Vault entries

3) Stigma Safe level
- We will be adding a +9 stigma safe level (as well as a fixed success rate on higher levels) soon.

In discussion:
These are being actively discussed with the dev team, however it’s still too soon to provide any further information on what changes (if any) will be occurring.

1) Enchantment Stones, Monster EXP, Cubicles, Crimson Katalam, IDD/PF ultimate drops, Quest Log expansion, Daevanion Skill bundles.

If your feedback isn’t explicitly called out here, fear not! We are discussing all the patch feedback with the development team, however we are focusing first on the most pressing issues so we can improve the game for as many players as possible as quickly as possible. There are also some important things not introduced with the 7.2 patch that we are also working on, but for the sake of this post I wanted to focus on the patch content as much as possible.

@Gideon You know right that it's going to take a lot of changes to bring people back? First how about changing about yourself to check and talk in forums with the community regularly? Not once a year you know? The second question is are you or are you not planning to launch a classic server? If you do will it update with current mechanics? If not what's your reason to stopping you to do that?

53 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Imminent Changes:

rest of changes are good and all but... why are u guys giving away only 1 leg breath of transformation for free when u need 2 FOR the quest. TWO. have u read requirements for it? are u saying we should be paying for feature that's free in other regions?????? we need 2 of those breaths free not 1 hope u read and realize ur mistake =.= @Gideon @Cyan

5 minutes ago, Sexy-DN said:

rest of changes are good and all but... why are u guys giving away only 1 leg breath of transformation for free when u need 2 FOR the quest. TWO. have u read requirements for it? are u saying we should be paying for feature that's free in other regions?????? we need 2 of those breaths free not 1 hope u read and realize ur mistake =.= @Gideon @Cyan

you know it takes 2 full months to get enough materials to do 1 attempt

5 minutes ago, Sexy-DN said:

AGREE WITH THIS
Long time Ago we have this transformation system now ulti xforms are necessary for the endgame content, so let f2p ppl get at least 1 leg contract per month

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Hi everybody,

Imminent Changes:

Forthcoming Changes:

1) Transformation Stats

2) Minium Vault entries

3) Stigma Safe level

In discussion:

for the love of god and aion, remove that from GP Box after sieges. That doesn't make you feel any better for the game.

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

In discussion:

Consider to make those topics in front of many the others discussed, because they affect DIRECTLY the progression of actual and NEW PLAYERS. Its IMPOSSIBLE at the moment to progress with the PVE stuff with no enchant drops and Exp nerf! The Exp nerf affect the pvp as well since u cant craft pvp enchants now.

Please, and thanks for the feedback. Try to come more on forums!

14 minutes ago, MetalPhantomEvil-DN said:

for the love of god and aion, remove that from GP Box after sieges. That doesn't make you feel any better for the game.

that feature is bugged those GP boxes are supposed to spawn when a single faction takes every fortress (three fortress) so.

3 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

@Zombiex-DN Um... @Arhangelos-KTwas trying to summon the kraken AKA @Aly-DN to tell neleth for the 20,948th time that a classic server would not work in our region for the exact same reason you just mentioned :D.

Also when did gameforge release a classic server? i feel i missed it now.

NVM i tho euroaion was a official server

Eh. Not much feedback in regard to the patch itself? I like that we can finally put kinah into the account warehouse since I was tricked into consolidating it all on one character before 6.0 landed. That said though? I'd personally like to see the following:

1. Allow Kinah to be traded again, this broker only thing IS NOT working out. Bring back player shops as well.
  2. Remove the restrictions on cross-class armor wearing entirely or at least return it to the way it was pre-6.0 for skin and costume purposes.
  3. Return removed NPCs and skins to the game such as those you could purchase in Sanctum and Pandaemonium. Better yet re-open the blocked off areas of these cities.
  4. Return crafting so that we may once again craft weapon and armor skins, as well as furniture for our homes.
  5. This is a stretch, but bring back the old legacy maps from launch, even if only for exploration purposes.

This is all basically just quality of life and fan service stuff. I know better than to really ask for any sort of mechanics changes at this point considering Eastern NCsoft tends to ignore that entirely every time. If they listened we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.

@Gideon @Cyan How the hell is a couple things in the store more damn important than those that transferred servers NOT BEING ABLE TO USE THERE LUGBUG which prevents entry to Red Kata....or EC compensation that was mentioned to be released soon over a month ago by @Cyan in forums. Bro I get it that you want to implement quality of life changes but how about letting us play the game first then. Should not be weeks after patch that people are still locked out of the entire new damn zone....FIX YOURSELF!!

Archived