Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Arhangelos-KT

No more new+returnign users only events please

Recommended Posts

Stop those events that are only for new and returning players. I am not even going to say that we don't have as many as you would think (new players or returning). If you want to have something for new and returning players, put a permanent help, which already is out there like the 80 lvl legendary pve and pvp sets. Give them a 1 month administration boon buff if you want.

These events are bad and only remind us we do not have an actual event,. I just got  fertilizer in a box from an instance and it is useless to me. Then someone spawned a pot or something, I used it and I got 1 legendary blood mark. That's the big help you give to new players?

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 8:07 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Only new/returning players got the red gear no? Atleast they can do content to potentially get upgrades for the first 30 days.

I guess they have better rewards when doing the event. Anyway, these events do not even have a meaning, what about "new or returning players" that will be back after this event ends... don't they also need help?

Limited time events for new and returning users are obsolete! Events should either be for everyone currently playing, or if they are for new and returning users, they should not be events, but permanent implementations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I guess they have better rewards when doing the event. Anyway, these events do not even have a meaning, what about "new or returning players" that will be back after this event ends... don't they also need help?

Limited time events for new and returning users are obsolete! Events should either be for everyone currently playing, or if they are for new and returning users, they should not be events, but permanent implementations.

Not gonna say you wrong because events should not even be a thing as they are designed to supply you with materials that should be permanent implementations from the get go.

Them adding an event in for new/returning players of the now is no different than them adding in an event that gave everyone legendary transformation advantages over anyone who was not playing during the time of the first shugo vault. Many did not even see their first legendary transform for 6+ months later till they gave out the free legendary transform.

Everything they do at this point is going to be criticized by the community due to the state of the game. Even good things will eventually be criticized just like how i am criticizing shugo vault right now. If this event dropped during 4.0 you would of never seen anyone mention a word about it.

Edited by HealingSquid-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Not gonna say you wrong because events should not even be a thing as they are designed to supply you with materials that should be permanent implementations from the get go.

Them adding an event in for new/returning players of the now is no different than them adding in an event that gave everyone legendary transformation advantages over anyone who was not playing during the time of the first shugo vault. Many did not even see their first legendary transform for 6+ months later till they gave out the free legendary transform.

Everything they do at this point is going to be criticized by the community due to the state of the game. Even good things will eventually be criticized just like how i am criticizing shugo vault right now. If this event dropped during 4.0 you would of never seen anyone mention a word about it.

I agree but a limited time "event" that is supposed to help new players sounds contradicting.

What you mention about an event that existed year(s) ago and benefited whoever was playing at the time is just common sense. When Daeva Dash was out for example, I made about 200 billion (old kinah) worth of rewards with my alts because the rewards were thrown to our faces, the worst reward possible would still worth tenths of millions and we didn't even have to compete, all we had to do was afk our character at start and receive losing rewards (or even winning sometimes). It took me almost 2 years to sell all the rewards from that event and that was partially intentional because the prices went downhills so I waited until people would have none left and then I started selling like a mad scientist. So if someone wasn't playing at that moment he obviously didn't earn anything. Same way someone who works for ten years in a job most likely has more money aside than someone who started a week ago.

An event to help new players is like saying if you start one month ago you are no longer a new player when the event starts, if you start one month later event is over so no help. You have to be lucky to start now. If "help" goes in the same sentence with "new player" then it somehow needs to be an actual help to new players, not those lucky enough to start that said time of the month.

Now I agree with you that it can be interpret in any way someone wants, this can turn into a theoretical debate of what an "event" means and what "help for new players" means. I just find it absurd to have events like this for new and returning players when in reality active players might just make a new char just to see or take advantage of the event, because new players... ain't nobody saw one for sure! And it is not even an event worthy of making people start playing or come back.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At some point there wont be enough population to support keeping the game up on the servers.

When this inevitably happens... I doubt ncsoft is going to let the community know how bad it is, instead they will probably try to get some players back and try to attract new players too.

Maybe the existing playerbase needs new/returning players more than you think?

As for the event itself, it is pretty bad... the reality for returning players is that rng is still here and unless you spend in the bcm, there is no chance to gear up and be competitive in this game.

I mean honest question here... how much do you think it would cost for someone returning to fully enchant stigmas, a pvp set, and get a legendary transform, etc?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 1s2062B2-KT said:

 

I mean honest question here... how much do you think it would cost for someone returning to fully enchant stigmas, a pvp set, and get a legendary transform, etc?

 

It would depend on the time frame someone wants to get that...

The faster you want to get that the more real money you would spend.

Like to get that in 2 weeks? Idk maybe 12k-15k dollars lol

To get that in 6 months ? Idk 2 or 3k maybe.

It's pretty vague question and there are many factors to take into account its hard to be accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

It would depend on the time frame someone wants to get that...

The faster you want to get that the more real money you would spend.

Like to get that in 2 weeks? Idk maybe 12k-15k dollars lol

To get that in 6 months ? Idk 2 or 3k maybe.

It's pretty vague question and there are many factors to take into account its hard to be accurate.

So you are saying... 6 months grind and a few thousand dollars just to get to a point where you are pvping without a huge gear disadvantage?

Crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 1s2062B2-KT said:

So you are saying... 6 months grind and a few thousand dollars just to get to a point where you are pvping without a huge gear disadvantage?

Crazy.

Nah you can do it 100% free of charge but you will have to work around it and by work around it I mean play mostly with alts in order to gear your main.

1) The most important thing is to make 12 chars in your account and luna afk daily on all of them to craft lunas, 240 per day is enough so when you need selective retunes you will be good enough. You will need those alts for more rewards listed below.

2) Etiums are account WH tradeable now, including spirit fragments. Hence if you enter all 12 chars of your account in ID and afk it AND if you lose on all 12 of them ,you get enough Etiums like if you would win 6 times... etiums were the only thing keeping people from progressing fast enough, not anymore. Previously we would have to use the luna to re-enter our mains, now it is free of charge. If by any chance your alts win, you get 2x the rewards of losing plus spirit fragments.

  • Example, today we had ID, I put all my 11 alts in, we won 4 of them, I also won with my main. So 5 wins = 20 ultimate etiums, 7 loses = 14 ultimate etiums, 34 ultimate etiums in one day. Imagine if my account was prestige, double the entries for a 64 ultimate etiums. Imagine if we had EC open, that gives far more etiums per win.

3) You can do stellium quests on your account's alts and get yourself extra etiums (11 stellium per ultimate etium).

4) You can also do weeklies in lakrum with alts, to get genesis crystals and take the genesis items, break them and share the spirit fragments to your main.

5) Now it is super easier to craft pvp gear with the new recipes, sure it takes money to get them originally or be lucky to get those but once you have them you can do it. The new recipes require 2x the non proc recipe materials, so with 2x the ancient mats you get a sure proc version (ancient noble item) 2x the legendary mats = 1x noble legendary and 2x the ultimate mats = 1x noble ultimate. Extracting this can make a ton of spirit fragments and fasteners.

6) Abyss Points: When the week starts and you have all your resets ready, use an AP boost if possible, combine different AP boosts like amulets, abyssal star, leibo jellys etc, do all 4/5 entries on HM solo in middle, each HM solo middle gives 1m AP without prestige or AP buffs. So multiply this by any buff you got. I for example always have more than 50% abyssal buff which gives me +120% AP, I usually get about 2,2m AP per run. If I had prestige it adds +30%
Now if you need more AP spend 80 lunas and get one more entry, do max 3 lune entries per day otherwise the reset starts to cost more than 80 luna. If you do not have alts for free luna that is still pretty effective way to make a ton of AP. Heck 100$ = 8000 luna, that would be 100 luna re-entries (80L/entry) and this can mean at least 100m AP with no prestige and no AP bonuses. If you have prestige that is an additional of 130m AP. Herelym Mine middle solo takes like 5 minutes.

7) PvP enchants, well in this case you will need to reset with lunas on main and run the instances. Genesis crystal box is limited to 5 per week now so not an easy task. Lets hope they increase the amount.

8) NOT new player friendly is Daevanion books... this is possible to get a ton of them every week but only if you have a ton of lvl 80 alts to enter them in IDD, see if there is a shugo and go claim it with your main. But that would take a ton of work to be done, so not new player friendly. Of course you then need daevanion essences which requires ingame or real money. Overall this is a p2w thing now.

9) Kinah is possible to make only with alts, doing luna afk daily and then craft kinah boxes when the recipe appears. Your alts can be lvl 10, so this is not that new player unfriendly, like go ahead, make a new account, make 12 chars, take them to lvl 10 and they are ready to afk on your behalf. It kinda takes time to put every char in, but it is afk and it is there, and it is 100% s-rank in 7.2 as fences that get destroyed, do not lose points.

10) Bloodmark Gear: someone said that you cna make the whole set in less than one week, I cannot be sure because I didn't bother with Crimson Katalam too much. That set is fairly good, 3rd best pvp set in game, 1st is Dark Tallon and 2nd is crafted gear from aetherforging.

~~~~

So in short:

  • etiums and spirit fragmetns used to be the burden, now it is the easiest to make.
  • AP was bad in 6.2, after Herelym Mine it is a breeze
  • Enchants got worse now because of the genesis box limitation

So you realize that you either spend money or time. But 100% free to play is still possible with plenty of pre-work and plenty of alt playing. Yes people will say that not playing with main so you gear the main is bad, it is what it is, but it makes it possible.

7.2 is making gearing up in pvp much easier than 6.2 or 6.5 or 7.0. We have to admit this. But gearing up in pve is near impossible, especially to enchant the gear.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Nah you can do it 100% free of charge but you will have to work around it and by work around it I mean play mostly with alts in order to gear your main.

1) The most important thing is to make 12 chars in your account and luna afk daily on all of them to craft lunas, 240 per day is enough so when you need selective retunes you will be good enough. You will need those alts for more rewards listed below.

2) Etiums are account WH tradeable now, including spirit fragments. Hence if you enter all 12 chars of your account in ID and afk it AND if you lose on all 12 of them ,you get enough Etiums like if you would win 6 times... etiums were the only thing keeping people from progressing fast enough, not anymore. Previously we would have to use the luna to re-enter our mains, now it is free of charge. If by any chance your alts win, you get 2x the rewards of losing plus spirit fragments.

  • Example, today we had ID, I put all my 11 alts in, we won 4 of them, I also won with my main. So 5 wins = 20 ultimate etiums, 7 loses = 14 ultimate etiums, 34 ultimate etiums in one day. Imagine if my account was prestige, double the entries for a 64 ultimate etiums. Imagine if we had EC open, that gives far more etiums per win.

3) You can do stellium quests on your account's alts and get yourself extra etiums (11 stellium per ultimate etium).

4) You can also do weeklies in lakrum with alts, to get genesis crystals and take the genesis items, break them and share the spirit fragments to your main.

5) Now it is super easier to craft pvp gear with the new recipes, sure it takes money to get them originally or be lucky to get those but once you have them you can do it. The new recipes require 2x the non proc recipe materials, so with 2x the ancient mats you get a sure proc version (ancient noble item) 2x the legendary mats = 1x noble legendary and 2x the ultimate mats = 1x noble ultimate. Extracting this can make a ton of spirit fragments and fasteners.

6) Abyss Points: When the week starts and you have all your resets ready, use an AP boost if possible, combine different AP boosts like amulets, abyssal star, leibo jellys etc, do all 4/5 entries on HM solo in middle, each HM solo middle gives 1m AP without prestige or AP buffs. So multiply this by any buff you got. I for example always have more than 50% abyssal buff which gives me +120% AP, I usually get about 2,2m AP per run. If I had prestige it adds +30%
Now if you need more AP spend 80 lunas and get one more entry, do max 3 lune entries per day otherwise the reset starts to cost more than 80 luna. If you do not have alts for free luna that is still pretty effective way to make a ton of AP. Heck 100$ = 8000 luna, that would be 100 luna re-entries (80L/entry) and this can mean at least 100m AP with no prestige and no AP bonuses. If you have prestige that is an additional of 130m AP. Herelym Mine middle solo takes like 5 minutes.

7) PvP enchants, well in this case you will need to reset with lunas on main and run the instances. Genesis crystal box is limited to 5 per week now so not an easy task. Lets hope they increase the amount.

8) NOT new player friendly is Daevanion books... this is possible to get a ton of them every week but only if you have a ton of lvl 80 alts to enter them in IDD, see if there is a shugo and go claim it with your main. But that would take a ton of work to be done, so not new player friendly. Of course you then need daevanion essences which requires ingame or real money. Overall this is a p2w thing now.

9) Kinah is possible to make only with alts, doing luna afk daily and then craft kinah boxes when the recipe appears. Your alts can be lvl 10, so this is not that new player unfriendly, like go ahead, make a new account, make 12 chars, take them to lvl 10 and they are ready to afk on your behalf. It kinda takes time to put every char in, but it is afk and it is there, and it is 100% s-rank in 7.2 as fences that get destroyed, do not lose points.

10) Bloodmark Gear: someone said that you cna make the whole set in less than one week, I cannot be sure because I didn't bother with Crimson Katalam too much. That set is fairly good, 3rd best pvp set in game, 1st is Dark Tallon and 2nd is crafted gear from aetherforging.

~~~~

So in short:

  • etiums and spirit fragmetns used to be the burden, now it is the easiest to make.
  • AP was bad in 6.2, after Herelym Mine it is a breeze
  • Enchants got worse now because of the genesis box limitation

So you realize that you either spend money or time. But 100% free to play is still possible with plenty of pre-work and plenty of alt playing. Yes people will say that not playing with main so you gear the main is bad, it is what it is, but it makes it possible.

7.2 is making gearing up in pvp much easier than 6.2 or 6.5 or 7.0. We have to admit this. But gearing up in pve is near impossible, especially to enchant the gear.

Thank you!

They should sticky this, this is gold for people looking to get back into the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

8) NOT new player friendly is Daevanion books... this is possible to get a ton of them every week but only if you have a ton of lvl 80 alts to enter them in IDD, see if there is a shugo and go claim it with your main. But that would take a ton of work to be done, so not new player friendly. Of course you then need daevanion essences which requires ingame or real money. Overall this is a p2w thing now.

good advices ! =D

but about getting a ton of skillbooks idk, thats heavy rng based, last week of 7.0 i did 50 entries with alts to get only 1 skillbook, but i think rates are better now in 7.2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

good advices ! =D

but about getting a ton of skillbooks idk, thats heavy rng based, last week of 7.0 i did 50 entries with alts to get only 1 skillbook, but i think rates are better now in 7.2

 

I tried a well and out of like 48 entries (4 accounts) I got 5 normal shugos, 2 of them were empty, 3 of them had only platinum cubicles, and then in the last few chars I got ONE single golden shugo.

Others might be luckier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 4:05 AM, 1s2062B2-KT said:

Thank you!

They should sticky this, this is gold for people looking to get back into the game.

Lets hope they GMs do not find this post then, because if they see what you can do 100% free to play they will nerf our butts like there is no tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×