Them: XXXX has inflicted 38,965 damage on you using Painted Fist

Degenerations-DN

2 hours ago, 2sE810F-DN said:

Me in full Ultimate Armor: :(

Was it critical hit ? If it was, is not a big deal.

1 hour ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

@MiphaBae-DN Actually, Treble Cleave's personal crit modifier was removed entirely in 7.2 (or 7.3, whatever you call the patch we have now). So, yeah, it has already happened to SW and it will happen to Vandals too next patch; with the additional nerfs of pvp-damage modifiers being reduced or removed entirely

I think I saw a SW in Korea hit Better for over 50k damage with that skill. Or was it another skill ? Not sure.

@Matsukamy-KT Crits are crits, and it is hard to tell from some Better videos what the gear dif is like. Also depends on if the SW was utilizing thronesong and mdef reduction dots. But what I can tell you for sure is, as according to TheSecretCow's notes, Treble Cleave had its passive 300% crit boost removed with this patch. 300% sounds crazy but, reading through the notes, most classes have similar passive buffs for skills like that

14 hours ago, 2sE810F-DN said:

Ok I'll just avoid every Vandal ever for a couple months lol

More than likely they put their def debuff on you along with the 30% straight damage increase debuff and possibly DP up (I forget if they get attack increase with it, but prob do). Were they in a group? Solo? If your Ultimate gear +15 on all pieces along with PDef on the armor? I have it on mine and can get hit for like 11-20K on my SM with about close to 13k PDef + the extra 3k+ PVP Def. BTW, that 30% dmg increase debuff is the most broken debuff in game, it completely bypasses gear stat mitigations and worst of all it's not dispellable.

15 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Vandals still have bonus PVP and high crit % modifiers attached to their skills. These will get removed in 7.5, which is why people refer to that patch as the "real" vandal nerf.

Those changes are already implemented for the most part in this 7.2x patch we're on.  In 7.5 Paintful Fist and Color Monster actually have their damage potency on the skill lowered by almost 800-1K i think because they just hit too hard.

Here are the current Vandal changes in this patch:

FingerPaint (double blink skill) - Cooldown changed to 20sec from 7s.  This was a significant change but necessary because no other class (outside of the broken instant cleric dispel spam) gets a movement speed cleanse every 7s. 20s reuse is still good and they can now do 3 blinks in a row so it was a good change and compensation. They also have a self cleanse that wasn't being used much that dispells them every 3sec they can use.

Painful Paint - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Chromatic Wraith/Painful Paint - 130% PVP Attack modifier removed, 0.35s a tic lasers changed to 1.0s a tic along with the the classification of it being a drain type of skill was removed (I believe this was allowing the lasers to tick through shields).  Also, as compensation, the lasers are now irresistible.

Living Statue - Target now gets +3500 to PDef and MDef instead of +2k to both, which means you take even less overall damage while they using this skill on you.

Powerful Shot - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Brushstroke Lightning - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Hue Blast - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Painted Fist - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Blow - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed. Cooldown lowered from 30s to 10s.

Color Correction - Got a major buff (gained 200% PVP Attack buff and +20K dmg on petrified target) but had it's 200% Crit Prob Modifier lowered to 10%

Rainbow Shower (3s invulnerability) - Resist rate lowered from 9999 physical and magic resists to 5 resists. No more untouchable if getting hit with 5 or more skills at once. 

Sticky Paint - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Paint Splatter - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Color Monster - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Chroma Blessing - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Chroma Burst - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed

Chroma Shot - 200% Crit Prob Modifier removed.

On 9/2/2020 at 9:34 PM, 2sE810F-DN said:

Me in full Ultimate Armor: :(

remember Top vandals are heavy P2W they have complete transformation collections, that give lot of extra Physical attack and PvP attack with Kaisinel transform and the new Bonus ''Crit damage'' that improves the natural Crit multiplier of weapons, plus Painted Fist skill damage is stupidly high (6300 physical damage) 2x to 3.5x more damage than other dps classes with skills of same Cooldown (30 sec)

Crits are crits, and it is hard to tell from some Better videos what the gear dif is like. Also depends on if the SW was utilizing thronesong and mdef reduction dots.

@Ariathemelodious

This is his toon, betters toon:

https://aion.plaync.com/characters/server/59/id/941679/home

I could not find the Bards toon, because there are too many toons with similar names, but he has 22k att power.

These are the fights:

https://youtu.be/1ZMymV-juL8

https://youtu.be/tpKgJFxw82w

You can see that he hits 25k with the charging skill, and then hits 50k with the crit on the other skill.

Of course we are talking about plate receiving magic damage, but still...

Archived