Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - February 12, 2020

Cyan

cyans notes say

Characters who entered the instance while it was bugged, but were not actioned upon, will be delivered the following to their mailbox during the maintenance:

24,000 Blood Medals (terminated item exchangeable for approximately 24 million Abyss Points).

132 Battlefield Combat Support Boxes

792 Legendary Etium

396 Ultimate Etium

These rewards are equal to approximately if players had entered every available opportunity while the instance was deactivated.

Qualifying characters who had an active Prestige Pass at any point between the end of maintenance on 8/21/2019 and the emergency maintenance on 9/11/2019 will be delivered double rewards, as Prestige has 2 entries per reset instead of 1.

slightly confused though, actioned upon meaning kicked for no reason and having to re-enter or actioned apon as in the ppl who got busted for abusing the exploit.

if its the no reason and having to re-enter to run it , since i was running prestige and doing 2 runs then if im right i should be getting the dbl reward.

maybe cyan should clarify what the actioned apon means so ppl know.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@cyan

• Characters on accounts who were inadvertently actioned despite having used Luna to offset their additional entries were also sent these rewards.

So i was "actioned" because i maybe had 4-6 extra entries that i was unable top spend luna on while during this time period if i wasn't kicked i spent luna to do 4-6 entries a week.  When i was given a 24hour suspension over this i felt that given the lack of interaction in this game from you guys and the way the email was worded i didn't dispute it and figured whatever, nothing will change. 

Does this bullet in your post mean people who did what i did are automatically in this bucket or did i have to actually complain at the time?  If you went through the logs on my account every time i was able to spend luna i did and would have for the runs i was unable to spend luna on..I even bought luna just for this purpose and was obviously unable to spend what i would have liked to. 

@Cyan @Gideon so when i did read about the bug on the forum i didnt do any EC to keep my account safe from any bans.... now you tell me that i wont get any reward because i didnt do EC ?? and what about the months after the bug was found..... i been paying with prestige all the time and waiting you guys to activate EC and give us any compensation for the time we were not able to go there... and now you will just reward those who did go to the instance on that time.... plus i wasn't able to create my vandal on time to go EC because i already have 8 characters... i had to wait more time to create my vandal, i consider you need to compensate every character level 80 that was created and playing the time the instance wasnt open....

when i created my vandal EC wasnt avaible, and i got pvp gear on my vandal.... but im still missing some pieces because i need ultimate etiums that i wasnt able to get because EC was disabled... so i also want to receive my compensation same as the others

50 minutes ago, Kosiita-KT said:

@Cyan @Gideon so when i did read about the bug on the forum i didnt do any EC to keep my account safe from any bans.... now you tell me that i wont get any reward because i didnt do EC ?? and what about the months after the bug was found..... i been paying with prestige all the time and waiting you guys to activate EC and give us any compensation for the time we were not able to go there... and now you will just reward those who did go to the instance on that time.... plus i wasn't able to create my vandal on time to go EC because i already have 8 characters... i had to wait more time to create my vandal, i consider you need to compensate every character level 80 that was created and playing the time the instance wasnt open....

Yeah this compensation looks like it's going to screw over a portion of the population that should absolutely be getting compensation.

20 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

You won't get anything if you didn't play when EC was working. Remember when having GP and not being able to get AP? They only compensated who couldn't get AP and those who didn't have any GP to avoid getting not getting AP didn't get anything.

This is a bit different, as those people had the option. We did not have the option of doing the instance the last 4 months. This should be available to everyone that didn't get a ban. There were also people that got a ban for very minimal involvement that are getting bent over by this too. This compensation looks like bullshit to me, and you can bet your ass if I get nothing I will be putting in a ticket and depending on how that goes considering if I even want to continue playing the game.

Well, I don't expect any compensation, tho not having the option to do EC for the last few months was not mine nor other players fault, I don't exactly PVP if I can help it, but myself and others did not have the option to do EC so I think it is only fair all (Apart from the ones caught out and was given a slap on the wrist and got nothing they exploited taken from them) should get compensation, I was also prestige and have been since so IDK where the logic is, anyway I hope all get what they deserve.

Kind Regards

13 hours ago, Sexy-DN said:

1. so what about alts? most people did ec on multiple alts every day do those alts get anything? or only mains? what about people that were "actioned upon" but ur 6 month of runs were still more than their abuse of entrys like people who only did 5-6 extra runs? do they get anything or 6 runs = 6 months of no instance?

It does not matter if it's an alt or your main, because it's all the same account. If you cheated, you don't get any rewards or compensation. The end.

I saw soooo many people bragging that they wouldn't be punished- just because you all weren't permabanned doesn't mean you get to keep your all of your bugged EC rewards AND get EC compensation. Like... what?

However, I do think that all players who weren't banned/suspended should receive compensation, whether they ran EC during the time mentioned or not. New/returning players have still been unable to run EC since it's been locked, and I feel like they deserve at least some kind of compensation for the six months of no EC. 

13 hours ago, MetalPhantomEvil-DN said:

So, by the way we will continue with GP box ? bad bad..

No one else has a problem with this, so please hush. The vocal minority already got us crummy stones for competition ranking instead of Luna and I'm not having that happen again. If people waste their xforms for GP mobs they'll waste their xforms for GP boxes, and if people use their xforms for critical siege moments they will continue to use their xforms for siege. There's no difference between the mobs and the boxes- except that you can't farm boxes efficiently. :P 

Personally I've been having a lot of fun with three sieges every other day- it's a lot more dynamic, while also giving us a few days off! And the GP boxes are just an extra little bit of fun running around the map.

14 hours ago, Cyan said:

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, February 12, 2020 from 6:00 a.m. CST / 13:00 CET. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 7 hours.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • The Blooming Sprout Event will continue.
  • Evergale Canyon is now open.
    • Characters will no longer be refunded their entry when leaving the instance.
    • KNOWN ISSUE: Kicking players is enabled in Evergale Canyon. We will be monitoring for abuse while we work to address this issue.
    • Characters who entered the instance while it was bugged, but were not actioned upon, will be delivered the following to their mailbox during the maintenance:
      • 24,000 Blood Medals (terminated item exchangeable for approximately 24 million Abyss Points).
      • 132 Battlefield Combat Support Boxes
      • 792 Legendary Etium
      • 396 Ultimate Etium
      • These rewards are equal to approximately if players had entered every available opportunity while the instance was deactivated.
      • Qualifying characters who had an active Prestige Pass at any point between the end of maintenance on 8/21/2019 and the emergency maintenance on 9/11/2019 will be delivered double rewards, as Prestige has 2 entries per reset instead of 1.
      • Characters on accounts who were inadvertently actioned despite having used Luna to offset their additional entries were also sent these rewards.
    • A survey will be deployed for 1 week, which can be redeemed once per account by entering Evergale Canyon with a level 80 character, with the following:
      • 70 Battlefield Combat Support Boxes
      • 400 Legendary Etium
      • 200 Ultimate Etium

From the way I read this, the bolded is separate from the underlined. The bolded is compensation for those that were not "actioned against" (i.e. not caught taking advantage of the bug). The underlined is once to one level 80 character per account with no restrictions. So all this hyperventilating about those who were temp banned or decided not to run EC because of the troubles are getting some compensation as well. Just not the same as those who ran the instance and didn't take advantage. 

Though ofc I could be wrong and the underlined could also be denied for those who cheated. Regardless, I should be available for those that didn't run the instance before.

2 minutes ago, Valkarie-DN said:

All the rewards being giving out for ec not being available should go out to everyone  that were not able to enter the ec instance and not just those who were affected by the bug. And if i'm not mistaking, werent the bug more of an exploit that cause players to get banned?

"The bug" didn't cause players to get banned. Players acting like potatoes caused themselves to get banned. Don't try to shift blame for bad behavior.

12 minutes ago, Valkarie-DN said:

i said IF im not mistaking, that means im not shifting blame because im not sure.

all i am saying is that i agree with miphabae when he said the rewards should go out the all players and not just those affected by the bug.

Not sure if I am understanding.

Everyone was effected as long as they entered even a single EC during the time. The only way not to be effected was not to run EC. The exploit went un-noticed on the forums for quite sometime, so the excuse "I didn't run any ECs because I saw that there was a bug on the forums" is bunk. If you didn't run even a single EC before you were even aware there was a bug, then you were someone that didn't run EC and you aren't entitled to compensation. 

Regardless, the second part (which I underlined) will let even those people who didn't like EC and never ran it to gain some compensation. 

That's if I am reading the notes correctly.

15 hours ago, Cyan said:

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, February 12, 2020 from 6:00 a.m. CST / 13:00 CET. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 7 hours.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • The Blooming Sprout Event will continue.
  • Evergale Canyon is now open.
    • Characters will no longer be refunded their entry when leaving the instance.
    • KNOWN ISSUE: Kicking players is enabled in Evergale Canyon. We will be monitoring for abuse while we work to address this issue.
    • Characters who entered the instance while it was bugged, but were not actioned upon, will be delivered the following to their mailbox during the maintenance:
      • 24,000 Blood Medals (terminated item exchangeable for approximately 24 million Abyss Points).
      • 132 Battlefield Combat Support Boxes
      • 792 Legendary Etium
      • 396 Ultimate Etium
      • These rewards are equal to approximately if players had entered every available opportunity while the instance was deactivated.
      • Qualifying characters who had an active Prestige Pass at any point between the end of maintenance on 8/21/2019 and the emergency maintenance on 9/11/2019 will be delivered double rewards, as Prestige has 2 entries per reset instead of 1.
    • A survey will be deployed for 1 week, which can be redeemed once per account by entering Evergale Canyon with a level 80 character, with the following:
      • 400 Legendary Etium
      • 200 Ultimate Etium

Pretty sure we got the wrong compensation rewards @Cyan 6135b0e5cb.jpg and this is for Prestige users aswell

1 minute ago, Valkarie-DN said:

the rewards should go out to everyone that were not able to access ec during its down time. or do you disagree?

Yes. I disagree. If you never ran EC, you didn't lose anything by the instance being down. If you exploited the instance when it was bugged, you are a cheater and deserve dookey.

BUT.. and try to follow this time.. it appears as if everyone can get -some- compensation just by entering EC once during the coming week.

Characters who entered the instance while it was bugged, but were not actioned upon, will be delivered the following to their mailbox during the.am i reading that correctly?

the rewards that we would receive from ec if we were able to enter is what everyone should receive and not get nothing when it was down through no fault of aions players is my point aly.

9 minutes ago, DrealudV-DN said:

ah nice so since i haven't been playing since the bug for ec started and didn't enter and only missed out for 3 months of ec i get nothing. fair enough ncwest okay time to throw in the towel.

I don't think you get nothing. I believe as long as you enter EC once this week you will get the second compensation.

I could be wrong, but from the way it's worded it appears that the second compensation amounts are unrestricted.

Second compensation (for reference):

A survey will be deployed for 1 week, which can be redeemed once per account by entering Evergale Canyon with a level 80 character, with the following:

• 400 Legendary Etium
  • 200 Ultimate Etium

•  

Archived