Weekly Server Maintenance - February 12, 2020

Cyan

1 minute ago, Euphoria-DN said:

This in incorrect at the start of the window a few evergale were popping quick but then it just went to no instances popping. its 8 ppl per side but no they basically had 60 ppl in queue with 30 minute -60 minute queues at about 90 minutes ago. I know cause i put some alts in at the start of the window to see how evergale was and because the survey wasn't showing at the very beginning once the survey popped i tried to put my main toons in but no pops. Once you get inside prepare to spend the full 30 minutes in there.

I am in one right now and the league is 16/2/2 with many still in the queue when I entered.

Seems like premades are limited to 2?

And I waited almost 30 minutes for a pop.

@Itzmin-DN Yes. I am a paid representative of NCSoft. You got me! That's why I said that the game is swirling the toilet earlier. Oh! Wait! That would mean you need to actually -read-. Qq. Reading can be so overrated. You just keep on keeping on, dear.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Cyan said:
      • Characters on accounts who were inadvertently actioned despite having used Luna to offset their additional entries were also sent these rewards.

Pretty sure this wasn't distributed. I spent Luna for extra EC runs during the times where the bug was known and haven't received anything other than the servers-wide survey.

2 hours ago, Itzmin-DN said:

A whole bunch of dumb shit wherein this person thinks Aly is (still) an NCsoft whiteknight.

Have you actually read anything Aly has said in the past 6 months or more? She has more vitriol for NCsoft now than most of us. Let me help you out. Everything below on her most recent posts that I have highlighted is a complaint, not a praise.

tqgR9nB.jpg

• Aion Team

Hello everyone, 

We're going through some of the reports of missing rewards and improper amounts sent, among others. We've also identified an issue with the Lugbug Missions for transferred characters and will be looking to fix that when we can, possibly during the next maintenance. 

Please continue to share detailed information if you think you weren't given the proper items. 

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

We're going through some of the reports of missing rewards and improper amounts sent, among others. We've also identified an issue with the Lugbug Missions for transferred characters and will be looking to fix that when we can, possibly during the next maintenance. 

Please continue to share detailed information if you think you weren't given the proper items. 

Thanks.

wheres the daeva essence on bcm :(

56 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

Thanks.

Hi Cyan, the skins on my gear went missing after server transfer, I lodged 2 ticket already but they just said wait for development team, it's been 9 weeks, could you please follow it up? thanks.

The 8 man EC was kinda fun. In its own can not wait for it to be fixed but also in its funny small scale for large map scenario.

More importantly i expect to see every player PvPing now days thanks to the compensation we all should be +15 dark talon right? That is how far you thought the exploiters got.

Also @SneakAttack-DN By any chance did you still not get your compensation. Was there a time period of a month you did not play and became a returning user between EC bug and now?

@Cyan I also only got 10,000 Blood Medals and 100 Battelfield Combat Support Boxes, and the standard etium for non prestige, but i was running a prestige pass at that time so it should have been the dbl reward. but i did get the survey on my 2nd ec run this am. so are we to put in a ticket as far as the shortage or just voice it here.

@Cyan What about people that returned or created toons after EC was closed? My Vandal was created late November. I calculate that I missed 62 ECs (counting prestige) I should still receive some form of compensation from not being able to run the instance. The instance was unavailable for everyone, not just those that entered while it was bugged. Also why is entering while bugged even a criteria? Those people were still able to receive rewards for the runs they finished while EC was bugged.

8 hours ago, inari-KT said:

24,000 Blood Medals (terminated item exchangeable for approximately 24 million Abyss Points).
i only get 10.000
http://prntscr.com/r1iue3

132 Battlefield Combat Support Boxes
i only get 100
http://prntscr.com/r1iulv

792 Legendary Etium
OK

396 Ultimate Etium
OK

Same.  Also had Prestige so should have received double.  Do we need to put in a ticket to get properly compensated?

Yes we all got less rewards because the blood medals need to be given in different slots since only 10.000 can exist in one slot. So to get 24.000 we need to be sent 10.000 in one mail, another 10.000 in a second mail and 4.000 in a 3rd mail.  The GM above already said that they are looking for it.
====

What we got with this change is bad EC rewards. Because EC would give different rewards for the winning team if it is a 1v1, or 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4... so if it is forced to get less than 4v4 alliances that makes the instance useless. Winning in EC is like losing in ID etium wise!

As for the people who say it will be "easier" to pop EE now that the amount of players are fewer, they are wrong. @Aly-DN is right she just didn't take the time to explain why popping won't be better or faster.

Scenario 1: 100 elyos apply, 105 asmodians apply (or any other equal or similar number).

• With the previous 96v96 max mechanics, all 98 asmodians and 98 elyos would get thrown into the same game. With 2 elyos and 7 asmodians being on queue for the next game.
  • With the new one that have only 2v2 alliances max (which seems to be the case), the first 48 should be thrown at 1st game, the next 48 will be thrown at a 2nd game and we will have 2 elyos and 7 asmodians in queue

I both cases we have 96 people in EC and same amount in queue. No "benefit" in popping or matching here. The difference is in first case we have 1 EC game with the full rewards for winning team, and in 2nd case we have 2 EC games up with bad rewards for the wining team in both games.

Scenario 2: 90 Asmodians apply and 50 elyos only

• With Previous 96v96 mechanics, We get the first 48 elyos, they pop into the 1st game and we get the first 48 asmodians into the same game.
    We now have 1 game 48v48, and we have 2 elyos and 42 asmodians in queue.
  • With the new system of 2v2, there will be exactly the same game, 48 elyos in 2 alliances, vs 48 asmodians in 2 alliances. With 2 elyos and 42 asmodians in queue.

again we have same amount of people in EC in both cases and same amount of people in queue in both cases.

Having less people per game doesn't make it pop faster or easier. EC was already adaptive to popping, at least 24 people in queue in both sides opens a game, if more alliances form while the recruitment is still open, then the existing EC game simply fills in additional alliances. If the recruitment of that game ends of if all 4 alliances are filled, then 24 people queuing in both sides open a new EC to play.

With this limitation we simply make EC give us useless rewards, we don't make it pop faster.

@HealingSquid-KT Still no compensation and I can't remember exactly but i saw that i purchased 1600 BC Coin and bought outside on the 25 of Aug so Id like to believe I'd be active. Plus the following months i purchased prestige and spent a fair sum on BC Coin so I was definitely playing. It is absurd if the ruling ends up with me not getting it. 

21 minutes ago, SneakAttack-DN said:

@HealingSquid-KT Still no compensation and I can't remember exactly but i saw that i purchased 1600 BC Coin and bought outside on the 25 of Aug so Id like to believe I'd be active. Plus the following months i purchased prestige and spent a fair sum on BC Coin so I was definitely playing. It is absurd if the ruling ends up with me not getting it. 

Sneak, Cyan can’t do anything about it from the forums. Submit a ticket, although if you were one of the people banned from abusing the kick thing, I don’t think you get rewards. 

24 minutes ago, SneakAttack-DN said:

I submitted a ticket of course lol I'm just voicing my disgust and I was not suspended or punished as i did not do the exploit

If you have a toon on Danaria holding the name you used check for rewards there.  They gave my compensation to lvl 1 toon on Danaria so opened a ticket and they moved to proper kt toon

22 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

It does not matter if it's an alt or your main, because it's all the same account. If you cheated, you don't get any rewards or compensation. The end.

I saw soooo many people bragging that they wouldn't be punished- just because you all weren't permabanned doesn't mean you get to keep your all of your bugged EC rewards AND get EC compensation. Like... what?

However, I do think that all players who weren't banned/suspended should receive compensation, whether they ran EC during the time mentioned or not. New/returning players have still been unable to run EC since it's been locked, and I feel like they deserve at least some kind of compensation for the six months of no EC. 

No one else has a problem with this, so please hush. The vocal minority already got us crummy stones for competition ranking instead of Luna and I'm not having that happen again. If people waste their xforms for GP mobs they'll waste their xforms for GP boxes, and if people use their xforms for critical siege moments they will continue to use their xforms for siege. There's no difference between the mobs and the boxes- except that you can't farm boxes efficiently. :P 

Personally I've been having a lot of fun with three sieges every other day- it's a lot more dynamic, while also giving us a few days off! And the GP boxes are just an extra little bit of fun running around the map.

and do you happen to make any difference to your faction? zZZ 

Archived